The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2022. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Historical Events Of 1949
- January 29, 1949 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Earth Ox in Chinese astrology.
- March 8, 1949 – President of France Vincent Auriol and ex-emperor Bảo Đại sign the Élysée Accords, giving Vietnam greater independence from France and creating the State of Vietnam to oppose Viet Minh-led Democratic Republic of Vietnam.
- June 5, 1949 – Thailand elects Orapin Chaiyakan, the first female member of Thailand’s Parliament.
- September 17, 1949 – The Canadian steamship SS Noronic burns in Toronto Harbour with the loss of over 118 lives.
- October 14, 1949 – Chinese Civil War: Chinese Communist forces occupy the city of Guangzhou (Canton), in Guangdong, China.
- October 16, 1949 – The diplomatic relations between the Soviet Union and the German Democratic Republic are established.
- November 7, 1949 – The first oil was taken in Oil Rocks (Neft Daşları), oldest offshore oil platform.
- November 15, 1949 – Nathuram Godse and Narayan Apte are executed for assassinating Mahatma Gandhi.
- December 7, 1949 – Chinese Civil War: The Government of the Republic of China moves from Nanking to Taipei, Taiwan.
- December 10, 1949 – Chinese Civil War: The People’s Liberation Army begins its siege of Chengdu, the last Kuomintang-held city in mainland China, forcing President of the Republic of China Chiang Kai-shek and his government to retreat to Taiwan.
Who Were Born On 1949?
- January 22, 1949 – Phil Miller, English guitarist (National Health, In Cahoots, Matching Mole and Hatfield and the North)
- March 20, 1949 – Marcia Ball, American singer and pianist
- March 29, 1949 – Keith Simpson, English historian and politician
- June 25, 1949 – Richard Clarke, Irish archbishop
- July 10, 1949 – Winston Rekert, Canadian actor and director (d. 2012)
- July 31, 1949 – Mike Jackson, American basketball player
- September 4, 1949 – Tom Watson, American golfer and sportscaster
- October 24, 1949 – Francisco Rafael Arellano Félix, Mexican drug lord (d. 2013)
- December 9, 1949 – Tom Kite, American golfer and architect
- December 13, 1949 – Luc Sala, Dutch businessman and author