The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2022. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Historical Events Of 1949
- January 1, 1949 – United Nations cease-fire takes effect in Kashmir from one minute before midnight. War between India and Pakistan stops accordingly.
- January 11, 1949 – A record-setting snowstorm hits Los Angeles, California.
- January 29, 1949 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Earth Ox in Chinese astrology.
- January 31, 1949 – These Are My Children, the first television daytime soap opera is broadcast by the NBC station in Chicago.
- February 17, 1949 – Chaim Weizmann begins his term as the first President of Israel.
- July 20, 1949 – Israel and Syria sign a truce to end their nineteen-month war.
- July 21, 1949 – The United States Senate ratifies the North Atlantic Treaty.
- September 17, 1949 – The Canadian steamship SS Noronic burns in Toronto Harbour with the loss of over 118 lives.
- December 13, 1949 – The Knesset votes to move the capital of Israel to Jerusalem.
Who Were Born On 1949?
- January 6, 1949 – Carolyn D. Wright, American poet and academic
- January 24, 1949 – John Belushi, American actor, singer, and screenwriter (d. 1982)
- June 10, 1949 – Kevin Corcoran, American actor, director, and producer (d. 2015)
- July 3, 1949 – Bo Xilai, Chinese politician, Chinese Minister of Commerce
- August 7, 1949 – Walid Jumblatt, Lebanese journalist and politician
- August 22, 1949 – Doug Bair, American baseball player and coach
- September 14, 1949 – Tommy Seebach, Danish singer-songwriter, pianist, and producer (Sir Henry and his Butlers) (d. 2003)
- October 5, 1949 – Ralph Goodale, Canadian lawyer and politician, 36th Canadian Minister of Finance
- October 19, 1949 – Jamie McGrigor, English-Scottish politician
- December 17, 1949 – Paul Rodgers, English singer-songwriter and producer (Free, Bad Company, The Firm, and The Law)