Here are some snazzy birthday facts about 18th of August 1944 that no one tells you about. Don’t wait a minute longer and jump in using the content links below. Average read time of 9 minutes. Enjoy!
August 18, 1944 was a Friday and it was the 231st day of the year 1944. It was the 33rd Friday of that year. The next time you can reuse your old 1944 calendar will be in 2028. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a lunisolar calendar.
The day of the week of your birthday this year was Friday. Next year it will be Sunday and two years from now it will be Monday. You can check the calendars below if you’re planning what to do on your birthday.
There are 254 days left before your next birthday. You will be 80 years old when that day comes. There have been 28,966 days from the day you were born up to today. If you’ve been sleeping 8 hours daily since birth, then you have slept a total of 9,655 days or 26.43 years. You spent 33% of your life sleeping. Since night and day always follow each other, there were precisely 981 full moons after you were born up to this day. How many of them did you see? The next full moon that you can see will be on December 27 at 00:35:00 GMT – Wednesday.
Fun stat: Your first one billion seconds (1,000,000,000) happened sometime on April 26, 1976.
If a dog named Yippie - a Havanese breed, was born on the same date as you then it will be 336 dog years old today. A dog’s first human year is equal to 15 dog years. Dogs age differently depending on breed and size. When you reach the age of 6 Yippie will be 40 dog years old. From that point forward a small-sized dog like Yippie will age 4 dog years for every human year.
Wanna share this info in social media? Make sure to take a screenshot first. Dog name and breed are randomly generated. Try reloading this page to see a new pet name and a different breed.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Roxanne’s personality and get smart about names today. (Sponsored links)
You might be happy to know that the following celebrities share your birthday. The list was randomly chosen and arranged in chronological order.
- 1934Ronnie Carroll
- 1948Joseph Marcell
- 1956Kelly Willard
- 1957Diana Castle
- 1964Jim Florentine
- 1966Gustavo Charif
- 1966Sarita Choudhury
- 1971Aphex Twin
- 1990Nicole Uysiuseng
- 1992Riko Narumi
View the complete list of August 18 celebrity birthdays.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Just for fun! Try your love match score with anyone. Even officemates, schoolmates, or find out the score for your parents and relatives. Don’t limit yourself – you can also pair yourself with any celebrity. It’s a FREE report. Nothing to buy!
Here’s a short list of famous people in history who were born on Aug 18.
- 1596Jean Bolland, Flemish priest and hagiographer (d. 1665)
- 1830Franz Joseph I of Austria (d. 1916)
- 1841William Halford, English-American lieutenant, Medal of Honor recipient (d. 1919)
- 1870Lavr Kornilov, Russian general and explorer (d. 1918)
- 1893Burleigh Grimes, American baseball player and manager (d. 1985)
- 1939Johnny Preston, American singer (d. 2011)
- 1953Louie Gohmert, American captain, lawyer, and politician
- 1966Kang Soo-yeon, South Korean actress
- 1986Andreas Weise, Swedish singer-songwriter
- 1989Nikki Bacolod, Filipino singer and actress
View the complete list of August 18 famous birthdays.
These were the events that made history that coincide with your birthday.
- 684Battle of Marj Rahit: Umayyad partisans defeat the supporters of Ibn al-Zubayr and cement Umayyad control of Syria.
- 1304The Battle of Mons-en-Pévèle is fought to a draw between the French army and the Flemish militias.
- 1612The trial of the Pendle witches, one of England’s most famous witch trials, begins at Lancaster Assizes.
- 1783A huge fireball meteor is seen across Great Britain as it passes over the east coast.
- 1838The Wilkes Expedition, which would explore the Puget Sound and Antarctica, weighs anchor at Hampton Roads.
- 1917A Great Fire in Thessaloniki, Greece destroys 32% of the city leaving 70,000 individuals homeless.
- 1920The Nineteenth Amendment to the United States Constitution is ratified, guaranteeing women’s suffrage.
- 1971Vietnam War: Australia and New Zealand decide to withdraw their troops from Vietnam.
- 2008President of Pakistan Pervez Musharraf resigns under threat of impeachment.
- 2008War of Afghanistan: Uzbin Valley ambush occurs.
View the complete list of August 18 historical events.
Curious about this Choco Oregano? This is a party item you can activate and send to your friends when you play the free game Jump Birthday Party. It’s a fun and easy-to-play mobile game for all ages. Get free 1,000 gold coins when you download today!
Your birthday numbers 8, 18, and 1944 reveal that your Life Path number is 8. It represents experience, authority and endeavour. You are gifted with natural leadership and the capacity to accumulate great wealth.
The following celebrities also have the same life path number: Giorgos Papasideris, Jason Mraz, Marta Sánchez, Phil Harris, Skip Hinnant, Bruce Channel, Ray Benson, Victoria Abril, Carey Bell, Bekim Fehmiu.
The Western zodiac or sun sign of a person born on August 18 is Leo ♌ (The Lion) – a fixed sign with Fire as Western element. The ruling planet is Sun – the center of our universe. According to the ancient art of Chinese astrology (or Eastern zodiac), Monkey is the mythical animal and Wood is the Eastern element of a person born on August 18, 1944.
Peridot is the modern birthstone for the month of August while Diamond is the mystical birth stone (based on Tibetan origin). The zodiac gemstone for Leo is onyx. Lastly, the birthday stone for the day of the week ‘Friday’ is emerald.
Fun fact: The birth flower for 18th August 1944 is Poppy for preparedness.
When it comes to love and relationship, you are most compatible with a person born on May 7, 1931. You have a Birthday Compatibility score of +115. Imagine being in love with your soul mate. On the negative side, you are most incompatible with a person born on March 13, 1966. Your score is -163. You’ll be like a cat and a dog on a love-hate relationship. Arf-arf, I want to bite you. Meow-meow, stay away from me!
Did someone send you this link? Here’s a birthday wish just for you! Don’t forget to thank the kind soul who sent you this ninja page.
TIP: Click the image above if you want to save the high quality version for posting to social media like Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest. You can also get a new random wish if you want to (the page will reload).
Q: What do you call a person who shares the same birthday?
A: Birthday twins – easy!
I do not know how you feel about this, but you were a male ♂ in your last earthly incarnation. You were born somewhere around the territory of USA South-East approximately on 675. Your profession was sailor, shoemaker.
Your brief psychological profile in that past life: You’re always involved with all new things. You have always loved changes, especially in art, music, cooking.
Lessons that your last past life brought to present: There is the invisible connection between material and spiritual world. Your lesson – to search, to find and to use this bridge.
Can you remember who you were?
In the United States, the most popular baby name is Mary. This name was given to 62,466 baby girls. For the boys it’s James. This name was recorded 76,947 times in the year 1944. Any chance you are Mary or James? (Source: ssa.gov)
What’s your bizarre Florida Man story? The #FloridaManChallenge is breaking the Internet and social media. Some crazy men, women, or creatures from the Sunshine State are making headlines every day of the year including your birthday. Try this fun exercise. Pick your search engine of choice and type in “florida man August 18” and see what kind of wild news headline you will get. This viral craze started in 2013 and gets resurrected now and then. The latest was from Tumblr and found its way to Twitter. As they say, the rest is history.
Your birthday in Roman numerals using DD.MM.YYYY notation is:
Here’s a quick list of all the fun birthday facts about August 18, 1944. Celebrities, famous birthdays, historical events, and past life were excluded.
- Day index: 231st day of 1944
- Day of week: Friday
- Day of week birthstone: Emerald
- Week index: 33rd Friday of 1944
- Next same calendar year: 2028
- Day of week this year: Friday
- Day of week next year: Sunday
- Day of week in 2025: Monday
- Days until next birthday: 254 days
- Age on next birthday: 80 years old
- Days since birth: 28,966 days
- Days spent sleeping: 9,655 days
- Years spent sleeping: 26.43 years
- Part of life spent sleeping: 33%
- Full moons since birth: 981
- Next full moon: December 27 at 00:35:00 GMT – Wednesday
- First one billion seconds: Sometime on April 26, 1976
- Age in dog years: 336 dog years old using a Havanese breed
- Life path number and meaning: 8 – It represents experience, authority and endeavour. You are gifted with natural leadership and the capacity to accumulate great wealth.
- Western zodiac sign: Leo ♌ (The Lion)
- Western zodiac element: Fire
- Western zodiac sign quality: Fixed
- Western zodiac ruling planet: Sun – the center of our universe
- Western zodiac gemstone: Onyx
- Eastern zodiac animal: Monkey
- Eastern zodiac element: Wood
- Modern birthstone: Peridot
- Mystical birthstone: Diamond (based on Tibetan origin)
- Birth flower: Poppy for preparedness
- Best compatible birthday: May 7, 1931 (+115)
- Worst compatible birthday: March 13, 1966 (-163)
- Popular girl’s name: Mary – 62,466 babies
- Popular boy’s name: James – 76,947 babies
- Roman numerals: XVIII.VIII.MCMXLIV
Try another birth date of someone you know or try the birthday of these celebrities: March 7, 1927 – James Broderick, American actor and director (d. 1982); April 23, 1934 – Fikret Hakan, Turkish actor, director, and screenwriter; October 5, 1902 – Larry Fine, American actor and singer (d. 1975).
Don’t forget to share the info with your friends, loved ones, or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.
Word count: 1,782