Here are some snazzy birthday facts about 17th of December 1978 that no one tells you about. Don’t wait a minute longer and jump in using the content links below. Average read time of 11 minutes. Enjoy!
December 17, 1978 was a Sunday and it was the 351st day of the year 1978. It was the 51st Sunday of that year. The next time you can reuse your old 1978 calendar will be in 2023. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a lunisolar calendar.
The day of the week of your birthday this year is Thursday. Next year it will be Friday and two years from now it will be Saturday. You can check the calendars below if you’re planning what to do on your birthday.
There are 168 days left before your next birthday. You will be 42 years old when that day comes. There have been 15,173 days from the day you were born up to today. If you’ve been sleeping 8 hours daily since birth, then you have slept a total of 5,058 days or 13.85 years. You spent 33% of your life sleeping. Since night and day always follow each other, there were precisely 513 full moons after you were born up to this day. How many of them did you see? The next full moon that you can see will be on July 5 at 04:46:00 GMT – Sunday.
Fun stat: Your first one billion seconds (1,000,000,000) happened sometime on August 25, 2010.
If a dog named Dumbdumb - a Shiba Inu breed, was born on the same date as you then it will be 184 dog years old today. A dog’s first human year is equal to 15 dog years. Dogs age differently depending on breed and size. When you reach the age of 6 Dumbdumb will be 40 dog years old. From that point forward a small-sized dog like Dumbdumb will age 4 dog years for every human year.
Wanna share this info in social media? Make sure to take a screenshot first. Dog name and breed are randomly generated. Try reloading this page to see a new pet name and a different breed.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
You might be happy to know that the following celebrities share your birthday. The list was randomly chosen and arranged in chronological order.
- 1900Katina Paxinou
- 1939Eddie Kendricks
- 1942Paul Butterfield
- 1949Paul Rodgers
- 1953Bill Pullman
- 1969Michael V.
- 1974Marissa Ribisi
- 1977Oxana Fedorova
- 1985Ryuichi Ogata
- 1986Emma Bell
View the complete list of December 17 celebrity birthdays.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Just for fun! Try your love match score with anyone. Even officemates, schoolmates, or find out the score for your parents and relatives. Don’t limit yourself – you can also pair yourself with any celebrity. It’s a FREE report. Nothing to buy!
Here’s a short list of famous people in history who were born on Dec 17.
- 1706Émilie du Châtelet, French mathematician and physicist (d. 1749)
- 1881Aubrey Faulkner, South African-English cricketer and coach (d. 1930)
- 1927Richard Long, American actor and director (d. 1974)
- 1928Doyle Conner, American farmer and politician (d. 2012)
- 1929Jacqueline Hill, English actress (d. 1993)
- 1948Kemal Kılıçdaroğlu, Turkish economist and politician
- 1973Konstadinos Gatsioudis, Greek javelin thrower
- 1977Katheryn Winnick, Canadian actress
- 1977Samuel Påhlsson, Swedish ice hockey player
- 1978Neil Sanderson, Canadian drummer and songwriter (Three Days Grace and Thousand Foot Krutch)
View the complete list of December 17 famous birthdays.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Brent’s personality and get smart about names today. (Sponsored links)
These were the events that made history that coincide with your birthday.
- 920Romanos I Lekapenos is crowned co-emperor of the underage Constantine VII.
- 1865First performance of the Unfinished Symphony by Franz Schubert.
- 1896Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania’s Schenley Park Casino, which was the first multi-purpose arena with the technology to create an artificial ice surface in North America, is destroyed in a fire.
- 1927Indian revolutionary Rajendra Lahiri is hanged in Gonda jail, Uttar Pradesh, India, two days before the scheduled date.
- 1928Indian revolutionaries Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev Thapar and Shivaram Rajguru assassinate British police officer James Saunders in Lahore, Punjab, to avenge the death of Lala Lajpat Rai at the hands of the police. The three were executed in 1931.
- 1943All Chinese are again permitted to become citizens of the United States with the repealing of the Act of 1882 and the introduction of the Magnuson Act.
- 1947First flight of the Boeing B-47 Stratojet strategic bomber.
- 19601960 Munich C-131 crash: Twenty passengers and crew on board as well as 32 people on the ground are killed.
- 1969Project Blue Book: The United States Air Force closes its study of UFOs.
- 1983Provisional IRA members detonate a car bomb at Harrods Department Store in London, England, United Kingdom. Three police officers and three civilians are killed.
View the complete list of December 17 historical events.
Curious about this Wild Blackberry Whirly? This is a party item you can activate and send to your friends when you play the free game Jump Birthday Party. It’s a fun and easy-to-play mobile game for all ages. Get free 1,000 gold coins when you download today!
Your birthday numbers 12, 17, and 1978 reveal that your Life Path number is 9. It represents selflessness, forgiveness and creativity. You are the philanthropist, humanitarian, socially conscious, and are deeply concerned about the state of the world.
The following celebrities also have the same life path number: Gary Payton, Jon Oliva, Rachel Nichols, Padma Lakshmi, Lynda Lemay, Jerry Adler, Leon Lai, Jack Jones, Jessica Fox, Tim Moore.
The Western zodiac or sun sign of a person born on December 17 is Sagittarius ♐ (The Archer) – a mutable sign with Fire as Western element. The ruling planet is Jupiter – the planet of luck and expansion. According to the ancient art of Chinese astrology (or Eastern zodiac), Horse is the mythical animal and Earth is the Eastern element of a person born on December 17, 1978.
Turquoise is the modern birthstone for the month of December while Onyx is the mystical birth stone (based on Tibetan origin). The zodiac gemstone for Sagittarius is topaz. Lastly, the birthday stone for the day of the week ‘Sunday’ is topaz.
Fun fact: The birth flower for 17th December 1978 is Holly for precious moments.
When it comes to love and relationship, you are most compatible with a person born on July 7, 1967. You have a Birthday Compatibility score of +113. Imagine being in love with your soul mate. On the negative side, you are most incompatible with a person born on May 8, 1970. Your score is -125. You’ll be like a cat and a dog on a love-hate relationship. Arf-arf, I want to bite you. Meow-meow, stay away from me!
Did someone send you this link? Here’s a birthday wish just for you! Don’t forget to thank the kind soul who sent you this ninja page.
TIP: Click the image above if you want to save the high quality version for posting to social media like Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest. You can also get a new random wish if you want to (the page will reload).
In a room of 23 people there’s a 50% chance of two individuals having the same birthday (month and day only and not a leap year). The chance increases to 99.9% if there are 70 people in the room. You need at least 253 people in the room if you want someone to have the same birthday as you with 50% probability. This is called the birthday paradox or birthday problem. Try it out on your classroom, office, or sports team and confirm how many people share the same birthday.
Fun stat: The world population in the year of your birth is 4,304,105,753. (U.S. Census Bureau)
The number-one hit song in the U.S. at the day of your birth was Le Freak by Chic as compiled by Billboard Hot 100 (December 23, 1978). Ask your parents if they know this popular song.
I do not know how you feel about this, but you were a female ♀ in your last earthly incarnation. You were born somewhere around the territory of Southern Australia approximately on 1850. Your profession was digger, undertaker.
Your brief psychological profile in that past life: You are a person with huge energy, good in planning and supervising. If you were just garbage-man, you were chief garbage-man.
Lessons that your last past life brought to present: Your lesson – to learn humility and faith in spiritual principles. You should believe in High Reason.
Can you remember who you were?
Base on the data published by the United Nations Population Division, an estimated 122,638,528 babies were born throughout the world in the year 1978. The estimated number of babies born on 17th December 1978 is 335,996. That’s equivalent to 233 babies every minute. Try to imagine if all of them are crying at the same time.
In the United States, the most popular baby name is Jennifer. This name was given to 56,323 baby girls. For the boys it’s Michael. This name was recorded 67,158 times in the year 1978. Any chance you are Jennifer or Michael? (Source: ssa.gov)
What’s your bizarre Florida Man story? The #FloridaManChallenge is breaking the Internet and social media. Some crazy men, women, or creatures from the Sunshine State are making headlines every day of the year including your birthday. Try this fun exercise. Pick your search engine of choice and type in “florida man December 17” and see what kind of wild news headline you will get. This viral craze started in 2013 and gets resurrected now and then. The latest was from Tumblr and found its way to Twitter. As they say, the rest is history.
Your birthday in Roman numerals using DD.MM.YYYY notation is:
Here’s a quick list of all the fun birthday facts about December 17, 1978. Celebrities, famous birthdays, historical events, and past life were excluded.
- Day index: 351st day of 1978
- Day of week: Sunday
- Day of week birthstone: Topaz
- Week index: 51st Sunday of 1978
- Next same calendar year: 2023
- Day of week this year: Thursday
- Day of week next year: Friday
- Day of week in 2022: Saturday
- Days until next birthday: 168 days
- Age on next birthday: 42 years old
- Days since birth: 15,173 days
- Days spent sleeping: 5,058 days
- Years spent sleeping: 13.85 years
- Part of life spent sleeping: 33%
- Full moons since birth: 513
- Next full moon: July 5 at 04:46:00 GMT – Sunday
- First one billion seconds: Sometime on August 25, 2010
- Age in dog years: 184 dog years old using a Shiba Inu breed
- Life path number and meaning: 9 – It represents selflessness, forgiveness and creativity. You are the philanthropist, humanitarian, socially conscious, and are deeply concerned about the state of the world.
- Western zodiac sign: Sagittarius ♐ (The Archer)
- Western zodiac element: Fire
- Western zodiac sign quality: Mutable
- Western zodiac ruling planet: Jupiter – the planet of luck and expansion
- Western zodiac gemstone: Topaz
- Eastern zodiac animal: Horse
- Eastern zodiac element: Earth
- Modern birthstone: Turquoise
- Mystical birthstone: Onyx (based on Tibetan origin)
- Birth flower: Holly for precious moments
- Best compatible birthday: July 7, 1967 (+113)
- Worst compatible birthday: May 8, 1970 (-125)
- 1978 world population: 4,304,105,753
- Number one song: Le Freak by Chic (December 23, 1978)
- Babies born in 1978: 122,638,528
- Babies born in 1978 every day: 335,996
- Babies born in 1978 every minute: 233
- Popular girl’s name: Jennifer – 56,323 babies
- Popular boy’s name: Michael – 67,158 babies
- Roman numerals: XVII.XII.MCMLXXVIII
Try another birth date of someone you know or try the birthday of these celebrities: October 9, 1973 – Steve Burns, American actor and singer; December 2, 1998 – Amber Montana, American actress; January 11, 1970 – Mustafa Sandal, Turkish singer-songwriter, producer, actor, and dancer.
Don’t forget to share the info with your friends, loved ones, or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.
Word count: 2,102