Here are some snazzy birthday facts about 12th of October 1968 that no one tells you about. Don’t wait a minute longer and jump in using the content links below. Average read time of 9 minutes. Enjoy!
October 12, 1968 was a Saturday and it was the 286th day of the year 1968. It was the 41st Saturday of that year. The next time you can reuse your old 1968 calendar will be in 2024. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a lunisolar calendar.
The day of the week of your birthday this year is Saturday. Next year it will be Monday and two years from now it will be Tuesday. You can check the calendars below if you’re planning what to do on your birthday.
There are 238 days left before your next birthday. You will be 51 years old when that day comes. There have been 18,389 days from the day you were born up to today. If you’ve been sleeping 8 hours daily since birth, then you have slept a total of 6,130 days or 16.78 years. You spent 33% of your life sleeping. Since night and day always follow each other, there were precisely 622 full moons after you were born up to this day. How many of them did you see? The next full moon that you can see will be on February 19 at 15:54:00 GMT – Tuesday.
Fun stat: Your first one billion seconds (1,000,000,000) happened sometime on June 20, 2000.
If a dog named Avery - a Shetland Sheepdog breed, was born on the same date as you then it will be 220 dog years old today. A dog’s first human year is equal to 15 dog years. Dogs age differently depending on breed and size. When you reach the age of 6 Avery will be 40 dog years old. From that point forward a small-sized dog like Avery will age 4 dog years for every human year.
Wanna share this info in social media? Make sure to take a screenshot first. Dog name and breed are randomly generated. Try reloading this page to see a new pet name and a different breed.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
You might be happy to know that the following celebrities share your birthday. The list was randomly chosen and arranged in chronological order.
- 1924Doris Grau
- 1935Luciano Pavarotti
- 1948Rick Parfitt
- 1966Brian Kennedy
- 1974Marie Wilson
- 1981Tom Guiry
- 1983Katie Piper
- 1992Bambi Monroe
- 1992Josh Hutcherson
- 1993Carl John Barrameda
View the complete list of October 12 celebrity birthdays.
Here’s a short list of famous people in history who were born on Oct 12.
- 1855Arthur Nikisch, Hungarian conductor and academic (d. 1922)
- 1924Mimis Plessas, Greek pianist and composer
- 1931Ole-Johan Dahl, Norwegian computer scientist and academic, co-developed Simula (d. 2002)
- 1935Tony Kubek, American baseball player and sportscaster
- 1952Béla Csécsei, Hungarian educator and politician (d. 2012)
- 1955Ashley Adams, Australian target shooter (d. 2015)
- 1962Chris Botti, American trumpet player and composer
- 1963Lane Frost, American bull rider (d. 1989)
- 1970Origa, Russian-Japanese singer (d. 2015)
- 1974Stephen Lee, English snooker player
View the complete list of October 12 famous birthdays.
These were the events that made history that coincide with your birthday.
- 1823Charles Macintosh of Scotland sells the first raincoat.
- 1871Criminal Tribes Act (CTA) enacted by British rule in India, which named over 160 local communities 'Criminal Tribes', i.e. hereditary criminals. Repealed in 1949, after Independence of India.
- 1915World War I: British nurse Edith Cavell is executed by a German firing squad for helping Allied soldiers escape from Belgium
- 1917World War I: The First Battle of Passchendaele takes place resulting in the largest single day loss of life in New Zealand history.
- 1928An iron lung respirator is used for the first time at Children’s Hospital, Boston.
- 1967Vietnam War: US Secretary of State Dean Rusk states during a news conference that proposals by the U.S. Congress for peace initiatives are futile because of North Vietnam’s opposition
- 1988Two officers of the Victoria Police are gunned down execution-style in the Walsh Street police shootings, Australia.
- 1992A 5.8 earthquake occurred in Cairo, Egypt. At least 510 died.
- 1999Pervez Musharraf takes power in Pakistan from Nawaz Sharif through a bloodless coup.
- 2013Fifty-one people are killed after a truck veers off a cliff in La Convención Province in Peru.
View the complete list of October 12 historical events.
Curious about this Green Apple Spiral? This is a party item you can activate and send to your friends when you play the free game Jump Birthday Party. It’s a fun and easy-to-play mobile game for all ages. Get free 1,000 gold coins when you download today!
Your birthday numbers 10, 12, and 1968 reveal that your Life Path number is 1. It represents initiative, potential and singularity. You are a born leader. You insist on your right to make up your own mind; you demand freedom of thought and action.
The following celebrities also have the same life path number: Haruma Miura, George Abbott, Sergio Franchi, Rodney Dangerfield, Daniel McVicar, James MacPherson, Sheena Easton, D. W. Moffett, Conny Stuart, Chris Makepeace.
The Western zodiac or sun sign of a person born on October 12 is Libra ♎ (The Scales) – a cardinal sign with Air as Western element. The ruling planet is Venus – the planet of love and beauty. According to the ancient art of Chinese astrology (or Eastern zodiac), Monkey is the mythical animal and Earth is the Eastern element of a person born on October 12, 1968.
Opal is the modern birthstone for the month of October while Jasper is the mystical birth stone (based on Tibetan origin). The zodiac gemstone for Libra is chrysolite. Lastly, the birthday stone for the day of the week ‘Saturday’ is turquoise.
Fun fact: The birth flower for 12th October 1968 is Cosmos for constancy.
When it comes to love and relationship, you are most compatible with a person born on October 27, 1940. You have a Love Match compatibility score of +116. Imagine being in love with your soul mate. On the negative side, you are most incompatible with a person born on March 3, 1953. Your incompatibility score is -122. You’ll be like a cat and a dog on a love-hate relationship. Arf-arf, I want to bite you. Meow-meow, stay away from me!
Did someone send you this link? Here’s a birthday wish just for you! Don’t forget to thank the kind soul who sent you this ninja page.
TIP: Click the image above if you want to save the high quality version for posting to social media like Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest. You can also get a new random wish if you want to (the page will reload).
In a room of 23 people there’s a 50% chance of two individuals having the same birthday (month and day only and not a leap year). The chance increases to 99.9% if there are 70 people in the room. You need at least 253 people in the room if you want someone to have the same birthday as you with 50% probability. This is called the birthday paradox or birthday problem. Try it out on your classroom, office, or sports team and confirm how many people share the same birthday.
Fun stat: The world population in the year of your birth is 3,562,313,822. (U.S. Census Bureau)
The number-one hit song in the U.S. at the day of your birth was Hey Jude by The Beatles as compiled by Billboard Hot 100 (October 12, 1968). Ask your parents if they know this popular song.
I do not know how you feel about this, but you were a male ♂ in your last earthly incarnation. You were born somewhere around the territory of Germany approximately on 1575. Your profession was jeweler, watch-maker.
Your brief psychological profile in that past life: Inquisitive, inventive, liked to get to the very bottom of things and to rummage in books. Talent for drama, natural born actor.
Lessons that your last past life brought to present: There is the invisible connection between material and spiritual world. Your lesson – to search, to find and to use this bridge.
Can you remember who you were?
Base on the data published by the United Nations Population Division, an estimated 120,171,727 babies were born throughout the world in the year 1968. The estimated number of babies born on 12th October 1968 is 328,338. That’s equivalent to 228 babies every minute. Try to imagine if all of them are crying at the same time.
In the United States, the most popular baby name is Lisa. This name was given to 49,532 baby girls. For the boys it’s Michael. This name was recorded 82,006 times in the year 1968. Any chance you are Lisa or Michael? (Source: ssa.gov)
Here’s a quick list of all the fun birthday facts about October 12, 1968. Celebrities, famous birthdays, historical events, and past life were excluded.
- Day index: 286th day of 1968
- Day of week: Saturday
- Day of week birthstone: Turquoise
- Week index: 41st Saturday of 1968
- Next same calendar year: 2024
- Day of week this year: Saturday
- Day of week next year: Monday
- Day of week in 2021: Tuesday
- Days until next birthday: 238 days
- Age on next birthday: 51 years old
- Days since birth: 18,389 days
- Days spent sleeping: 6,130 days
- Years spent sleeping: 16.78 years
- Part of life spent sleeping: 33%
- Full moons since birth: 622
- Next full moon: February 19 at 15:54:00 GMT – Tuesday
- First one billion seconds: Sometime on June 20, 2000
- Age in dog years: 220 dog years old using a Shetland Sheepdog breed
- Life path number and meaning: 1 – It represents initiative, potential and singularity. You are a born leader. You insist on your right to make up your own mind; you demand freedom of thought and action.
- Western zodiac sign: Libra ♎ (The Scales)
- Western zodiac element: Air
- Western zodiac sign quality: Cardinal
- Western zodiac ruling planet: Venus – the planet of love and beauty
- Western zodiac gemstone: Chrysolite
- Eastern zodiac animal: Monkey
- Eastern zodiac element: Earth
- Modern birthstone: Opal
- Mystical birthstone: Jasper (based on Tibetan origin)
- Birth flower: Cosmos for constancy
- Best compatible birthday: October 27, 1940 (+116)
- Worst compatible birthday: March 3, 1953 (-122)
- 1968 world population: 3,562,313,822
- Number one song: Hey Jude by The Beatles (October 12, 1968)
- Babies born in 1968: 120,171,727
- Babies born in 1968 every day: 328,338
- Babies born in 1968 every minute: 228
- Popular girl’s name: Lisa – 49,532 babies
- Popular boy’s name: Michael – 82,006 babies
Try another birth date of someone you know or try the birthday of these celebrities: December 17, 1945 – Ernie Hudson, American actor; October 24, 1939 – F. Murray Abraham, American actor; November 5, 1956 – Lavrentis Machairitsas, Greek singer-songwriter and guitarist.
Don’t forget to share the info with your friends, loved ones, or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.
Word count: 1,895