Here are some snazzy birthday facts about 23rd of May 1979 that no one tells you about. Don’t wait a minute longer and jump in using the content links below. Average read time of 5 minutes. Enjoy!
May 23, 1979 was a Wednesday and it was the 143rd day of the year 1979. The next time you can reuse your old 1979 calendar will be in 2018. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a lunisolar calendar.
The day of the week of your birthday this year is Tuesday. Next year it will be Wednesday and two years from now it will be Thursday. You can check the calendars below if you’re planning what to do on your birthday.
There are 127 days left before your next birthday. You will be 38 years old when that day comes. There have been 13,753 days from the day you were born up to today. Since night and day always follow each other, there were exactly 466 full moons after you were born up to this day. How many of them did you see? The next full moon that you can see will be on February 11 at 00:34:00 GMT – Saturday.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
You might be happy to know that the following celebrities share your birthday. The list was randomly chosen and arranged in chronological order.
- 1920Helen O'Connell
- 1928Nigel Davenport
- 1931Patience Cleveland
- 1943General Johnson
- 1958François Feldman
- 1958Lea DeLaria
- 1968Guinevere Turner
- 1981Gwenno Saunders
- 1983Heidi Range
- 1984Sam Milby
View the complete list of celebrity birthdays for May 23.
Here’s a short list of famous people in history who were born on May 23.
- 1910Artie Shaw, American clarinet player, composer, and bandleader (d. 2004)
- 1911Paul Augustin Mayer, German cardinal (d. 2010)
- 1951Anatoly Karpov, Russian chess player
- 1970Bryan Herta, American race car driver and businessman, co-founded Bryan Herta Autosport
- 1974Mónica Naranjo, Spanish singer
- 1975Michiel van den Bos, Dutch DJ and composer
- 1976Kelly Monaco, American model and actress
- 1980Gary Brackett, American football player
- 1985Sebastián Fernández, Uruguayan footballer
- 1991Lena Meyer-Landrut, German singer-songwriter
View the complete list of famous birthdays for May 23.
These were the events that made history that coincide with your birthday.
- 1568Dutch rebels led by Louis of Nassau, defeat Jean de Ligne, Duke of Arenberg, and his loyalist troops in the Battle of Heiligerlee, opening the Eighty Years’ War.
- 1618The Second Defenestration of Prague precipitates the Thirty Years’ War.
- 1844Declaration of the Báb the evening before the 23rd: A merchant of Shiraz announces that he is a Prophet and founds a religious movement that would later be brutally crushed by the Persian government. He is considered to be a forerunner of the Bahá'í Faith, and Bahá'ís celebrate the day as a holy day.
- 1911The New York Public Library is dedicated.
- 1939The U.S. Navy submarine USS Squalus sinks off the coast of New Hampshire during a test dive, causing the death of 24 sailors and two civilian technicians. The remaining 32 sailors and one civilian naval architect are rescued the following day.
- 1951Tibetans sign the Seventeen Point Agreement for the Peaceful Liberation of Tibet with China.
- 1958The satellite Explorer 1 ceases transmission.
- 1967Egypt closes the Straits of Tiran and blockades the port of Eilat at the northern end of the Gulf of Aqaba to Israeli shipping.
- 2002The “55 parties” clause of the Kyoto Protocol is reached after its ratification by Iceland.
- 2014Seven people, including the perpetrator, are killed and another 14 injured in a killing spree near the campus of University of California, Santa Barbara.
View the complete list of historical events for May 23.
Curious about this Lemon Whipped Cream? This is a party item you can activate and send to your friends when you play the free game Jump Birthday Party. It’s a fun and easy-to-play mobile game for all ages. Get free 1,000 gold coins when you download today!
Your birthday numbers 5, 23 and 1979 reveal that your Life Path number is 9. It represents selflessness, forgiveness and creativity. You are the philanthropist, humanitarian, socially conscious, and are deeply concerned about the state of the world.
The following celebrities also have the same life path number: Bruce Redman, Riza Santos, Andy Grammer, Rebecca Schull, Rory Gallagher, Amanda Detmer, Aleks Syntek, George Gobel, Charles W. Clark, Vicky Kaya.
The zodiac sign of a person born on May 23 is Gemini ♊. According to the ancient art of Chinese astrology (or Chinese zodiac), Sheep is the mythical animal and Earth is the element of a person born on May 23, 1979.
Emerald is the modern birthstone for the month of May while Sapphire is the mystical birth stone (based on Tibetan origin). The zodiac gemstone for Gemini is agate. Lastly, the birthday stone for the day of the week ‘Wednesday’ is amethyst.
The number-one hit song in the U.S. at the day of your birth was Reunited by Peaches & Herb as compiled by Billboard Hot 100 (May 26, 1979). Ask your parents if they know this popular song.
Try another birth date of someone you know or try the birthday of these celebrities: October 22, 1960 – Shigeru Muroi, Japanese actress; May 27, 1973 – Jack McBrayer, American actor and producer; May 18, 1922 – Bill Macy, American actor.
Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.
Word count: 973