Here are some snazzy birthday facts about 16th of August 1947 that no one tells you about. Don’t wait a minute longer and jump in using the content links below. Average read time of 5 minutes. Enjoy!
August 16, 1947 was a Saturday and it was the 228th day of the year 1947. The next time you can reuse your old 1947 calendar will be in 2025. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a lunisolar calendar.
The day of the week of your birthday this year is Wednesday. Next year it will be Thursday and two years from now it will be Friday. You can check the calendars below if you’re planning what to do on your birthday.
There are 20 days left before your next birthday. You will be 70 years old when that day comes. There have been 25,548 days from the day you were born up to today. Since night and day always follow each other, there were exactly 865 full moons after you were born up to this day. How many of them did you see? The next full moon that you can see will be on August 7 at 18:13:00 GMT – Monday.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get tips about your current relationship and how to improve it. Astrology reports to help you decide when to make yourself available for romantic or social activity. Get your love & romance reports or download free samples!
You might be happy to know that the following celebrities share your birthday. The list was randomly chosen and arranged in chronological order.
- 1934Donnie Dunagan
- 1937David Behrman
- 1937Lorraine Gary
- 1948Barry Hay
- 1958Angela Bassett
- 1962Steve Carell
- 1969Kate Higgins
- 1990Kōki Uchiyama
- 1994Tippy Dos Santos
View the complete list of celebrity birthdays for August 16.
Seriously, how much do you know yourself? Do you want to gain true understanding of the real you? It’s all about you! Your confidence, your nature, your career and you as a person. Get your personality profile reports or download free samples!
Here’s a short list of famous people in history who were born on Aug 16.
- 1596Frederick V, Elector Palatine, Bohemian king (d. 1632)
- 1884Hugo Gernsback, Luxembourg-American author and publisher (d. 1967)
- 1929Bill Evans, American pianist and composer (d. 1980)
- 1939Seán Brady, Irish cardinal
- 1957R. R. Patil, Indian lawyer and politician, Deputy Chief Minister of Maharashtra (d. 2015)
- 1961Angela C. Smith, English academic and politician
- 1961Urara Takano, Japanese voice actress
- 1968Mateja Svet, Slovenian skier
- 1982Joleon Lescott, English footballer
- 1992Islam Dzhabrailov, Russian footballer
View the complete list of famous birthdays for August 16.
What is in store for you this year? Let these forecasts and predictions help you succeed in life. Benefit from life changing events and know when they occur. Make everyday activities easier to handle. Get your Forecast Reports or download free samples!
These were the events that made history that coincide with your birthday.
- 1 BCWang Mang consolidates his power and is declared marshal of state. Emperor Ai of Han, who had died the previous day, had no heirs.
- 1793French Revolution: A levée en masse is decreed by the National Convention.
- 1841U.S. President John Tyler vetoes a bill which called for the re-establishment of the Second Bank of the United States. Enraged Whig Party members riot outside the White House in the most violent demonstration on White House grounds in U.S. history.
- 1869Battle of Acosta Ñu: A Paraguayan battalion made up of children is massacred by the Brazilian Army during the Paraguayan War.
- 1927The Dole Air Race begins from Oakland, California, to Honolulu, Hawaii, during which six out of the eight participating planes crash or disappear.
- 1942World War II: The two-person crew of the U.S. naval blimp L-8 disappears without a trace on a routine anti-submarine patrol over the Pacific Ocean. The blimp drifts without her crew and crash-lands in Daly City, California.
- 1945Puyi, the last Chinese emperor and ruler of Manchukuo, is captured by Soviet troops.
- 1946Mass riots in Kolkata begin, in which more than 4,000 would be killed in 72 hours.
- 1946The All Hyderabad Trade Union Congress is founded in Secunderabad.
- 1960Cyprus gains its independence from the United Kingdom.
View the complete list of historical events for August 16.
Curious about this Fantastic White Sprinkle? This is a party item you can activate and send to your friends when you play the free game Jump Birthday Party. It’s a fun and easy-to-play mobile game for all ages. Get free 1,000 gold coins when you download today!
Your birthday numbers 8, 16 and 1947 reveal that your Life Path number is 9. It represents selflessness, forgiveness and creativity. You are the philanthropist, humanitarian, socially conscious, and are deeply concerned about the state of the world.
The following celebrities also have the same life path number: Witwisit Hiranyawongkul, Rowan Atkinson, Erin O'Connor, Erkin Koray, Susan Tully, Yuria Haga, Sung Joon, Julian Clary, Ehron VonAllen, Lucien Laviscount.
The zodiac sign of a person born on August 16 is Leo ♌. According to the ancient art of Chinese astrology (or Chinese zodiac), Pig is the mythical animal and Fire is the element of a person born on August 16, 1947.
Hmmm... what do the stars have to say about you today? Get your daily Leo horoscope for free. Get a boost from the stars! Make today a great day for love, money, and career. Your horoscope is available in daily, weekly, monthly, and even yearly format.
Peridot is the modern birthstone for the month of August while Diamond is the mystical birth stone (based on Tibetan origin). The zodiac gemstone for Leo is onyx. Lastly, the birthday stone for the day of the week ‘Saturday’ is turquoise.
Try another birth date of someone you know or try the birthday of these celebrities: January 14, 1989 – Frankie Sandford, English singer-songwriter and dancer; July 18, 1917 – Henri Salvador, French singer and guitarist (d. 2008); April 16, 1963 – Nick Berry, English actor and singer.
Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.
Word count: 1,047