Here are some snazzy birthday facts about 5th of August 1973 that no one tells you about. Don’t wait a minute longer and jump in using the content links below. Average read time of 10 minutes. Enjoy!
August 5, 1973 was a Sunday and it was the 217th day of the year 1973. It was the 31st Sunday of that year. The next time you can reuse your old 1973 calendar will be in 2029. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a lunisolar calendar.
The day of the week of your birthday this year is Monday. Next year it will be Wednesday and two years from now it will be Thursday. You can check the calendars below if you’re planning what to do on your birthday.
There are 195 days left before your next birthday. You will be 46 years old when that day comes. There have been 16,606 days from the day you were born up to today. If you’ve been sleeping 8 hours daily since birth, then you have slept a total of 5,535 days or 15.15 years. You spent 33% of your life sleeping. Since night and day always follow each other, there were precisely 563 full moons after you were born up to this day. How many of them did you see? The next full moon that you can see will be on February 19 at 15:54:00 GMT – Tuesday.
Fun stat: Your first one billion seconds (1,000,000,000) happened sometime on April 13, 2005.
If a dog named Shubie - a Vizsla breed, was born on the same date as you then it will be 222 dog years old today. A dog’s first human year is equal to 15 dog years. Dogs age differently depending on breed and size. When you reach the age of 6 Shubie will be 42 dog years old. From that point forward a medium-sized dog like Shubie will age 4.5 dog years for every human year.
Wanna share this info in social media? Make sure to take a screenshot first. Dog name and breed are randomly generated. Try reloading this page to see a new pet name and a different breed.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
You might be happy to know that the following celebrities share your birthday. The list was randomly chosen and arranged in chronological order.
- 1940Roman Gabriel
- 1951Samantha Sang
- 1957Clayton Rohner
- 1960Vivian Kubrick
- 1962Ramsay Gilderdale
- 1964Zerrin Tekindor
- 1966Jennifer Finch
- 1967Thomas Lang
- 1970James Gunn
- 1975Iddo Goldberg
View the complete list of August 5 celebrity birthdays.
Here’s a short list of famous people in history who were born on Aug 5.
- 1694Leonardo Leo, Italian composer (d. 1744)
- 1922Frank Stranahan, American golfer (d. 2013)
- 1930Michal Kováč, Slovakian lawyer and politician, 1st President of Slovakia
- 1966Jennifer Finch, American singer, bass player, and photographer (L7 and The Shocker)
- 1966Jonathan Silverman, American actor and producer
- 1966Yoko Moriguchi, Japanese actress
- 1968Colin McRae, Scottish race car driver (d. 2007)
- 1969Jackie Doyle-Price, English politician
- 1979David Healy, Irish footballer
- 1985Gil Vermouth, Israeli footballer
View the complete list of August 5 famous birthdays.
These were the events that made history that coincide with your birthday.
- 1388The Battle of Otterburn, a border skirmish between the Scottish and the English in Northern England, is fought near Otterburn.
- 1583Sir Humphrey Gilbert establishes the first English colony in North America, at what is now St. John’s, Newfoundland and Labrador.
- 1689One thousand five hundred Iroquois attack the village of Lachine in New France.
- 1735Freedom of the press: New York Weekly Journal writer John Peter Zenger is acquitted of seditious libel against the royal governor of New York, on the basis that what he had published was true.
- 1772The First Partition of Poland begins.
- 1781The Battle of Dogger Bank takes place.
- 1901Peter O'Connor sets the first IAAF recognised long jump world record of 24 ft. The record will stand for 20 years.
- 1906Persian Constitutional Revolution: Mozaffar ad-Din Shah Qajar, King of Iran, agrees to convert the government to a constitutional monarchy.
- 1940World War II: The Soviet Union formally annexes Latvia.
- 1963The United States, the United Kingdom, and the Soviet Union sign a nuclear test ban treaty.
View the complete list of August 5 historical events.
Curious about this Blue Cosmopolitan? This is a party item you can activate and send to your friends when you play the free game Jump Birthday Party. It’s a fun and easy-to-play mobile game for all ages. Get free 1,000 gold coins when you download today!
Your birthday numbers 8, 5, and 1973 reveal that your Life Path number is 6. It represents justice, nurturing and responsibility. You possess great compassion and seek to be of service to others.
The following celebrities also have the same life path number: Phyllis Logan, David Arkin, Miyavi, Robert Sterling, Nicholle Tom, Tippi Hedren, Kelly Monaco, Chanté Moore, Hirotaka Suzuoki, John Falsey.
The Western zodiac or sun sign of a person born on August 5 is Leo ♌ (The Lion) – a fixed sign with Fire as Western element. The ruling planet is Sun – the center of our universe. According to the ancient art of Chinese astrology (or Eastern zodiac), Ox is the mythical animal and Water is the Eastern element of a person born on August 5, 1973.
Get your daily Leo horoscope for free. Make today a great day for love and romance. Get a boost from the stars and find out what they have to say about you. Your horoscope is available in daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly forecasts. Discover some hidden personality you did not know about yourself.
Peridot is the modern birthstone for the month of August while Diamond is the mystical birth stone (based on Tibetan origin). The zodiac gemstone for Leo is onyx. Lastly, the birthday stone for the day of the week ‘Sunday’ is topaz.
Fun fact: The birth flower for 5th August 1973 is Poppy for preparedness.
When it comes to love and relationship, you are most compatible with a person born on November 16, 1950. You have a Love Match compatibility score of +137. Imagine being in love with your soul mate. On the negative side, you are most incompatible with a person born on February 28, 1988. Your incompatibility score is -140. You’ll be like a cat and a dog on a love-hate relationship. Arf-arf, I want to bite you. Meow-meow, stay away from me!
Did someone send you this link? Here’s a birthday wish just for you! Don’t forget to thank the kind soul who sent you this ninja page.
TIP: Click the image above if you want to save the high quality version for posting to social media like Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest. You can also get a new random wish if you want to (the page will reload).
In a room of 23 people there’s a 50% chance of two individuals having the same birthday (month and day only and not a leap year). The chance increases to 99.9% if there are 70 people in the room. You need at least 253 people in the room if you want someone to have the same birthday as you with 50% probability. This is called the birthday paradox or birthday problem. Try it out on your classroom, office, or sports team and confirm how many people share the same birthday.
Fun stat: The world population in the year of your birth is 3,942,096,442. (U.S. Census Bureau)
The number-one hit song in the U.S. at the day of your birth was The Morning After by Maureen McGovern as compiled by Billboard Hot 100 (August 11, 1973). Ask your parents if they know this popular song.
I do not know how you feel about this, but you were a female ♀ in your last earthly incarnation. You were born somewhere around the territory of Northern New Zealand approximately on 1350. Your profession was banker, usurer, moneylender, judge.
Your brief psychological profile in that past life: Natural talent of psychologist, you knew how to use the opportunities. Cold-blooded and calm in any situation.
Lessons that your last past life brought to present: Your problem – to learn to love and to trust the Universe. You are bound to think, study, reflect and develop inner wisdom.
Can you remember who you were?
Base on the data published by the United Nations Population Division, an estimated 121,831,979 babies were born throughout the world in the year 1973. The estimated number of babies born on 5th August 1973 is 333,786. That’s equivalent to 232 babies every minute. Try to imagine if all of them are crying at the same time.
In the United States, the most popular baby name is Jennifer. This name was given to 62,451 baby girls. For the boys it’s Michael. This name was recorded 67,846 times in the year 1973. Any chance you are Jennifer or Michael? (Source: ssa.gov)
Here’s a quick list of all the fun birthday facts about August 5, 1973. Celebrities, famous birthdays, historical events, and past life were excluded.
- Day index: 217th day of 1973
- Day of week: Sunday
- Day of week birthstone: Topaz
- Week index: 31st Sunday of 1973
- Next same calendar year: 2029
- Day of week this year: Monday
- Day of week next year: Wednesday
- Day of week in 2021: Thursday
- Days until next birthday: 195 days
- Age on next birthday: 46 years old
- Days since birth: 16,606 days
- Days spent sleeping: 5,535 days
- Years spent sleeping: 15.15 years
- Part of life spent sleeping: 33%
- Full moons since birth: 563
- Next full moon: February 19 at 15:54:00 GMT – Tuesday
- First one billion seconds: Sometime on April 13, 2005
- Age in dog years: 222 dog years old using a Vizsla breed
- Life path number and meaning: 6 – It represents justice, nurturing and responsibility. You possess great compassion and seek to be of service to others.
- Western zodiac sign: Leo ♌ (The Lion)
- Western zodiac element: Fire
- Western zodiac sign quality: Fixed
- Western zodiac ruling planet: Sun – the center of our universe
- Western zodiac gemstone: Onyx
- Eastern zodiac animal: Ox
- Eastern zodiac element: Water
- Modern birthstone: Peridot
- Mystical birthstone: Diamond (based on Tibetan origin)
- Birth flower: Poppy for preparedness
- Best compatible birthday: November 16, 1950 (+137)
- Worst compatible birthday: February 28, 1988 (-140)
- 1973 world population: 3,942,096,442
- Number one song: The Morning After by Maureen McGovern (August 11, 1973)
- Babies born in 1973: 121,831,979
- Babies born in 1973 every day: 333,786
- Babies born in 1973 every minute: 232
- Popular girl’s name: Jennifer – 62,451 babies
- Popular boy’s name: Michael – 67,846 babies
Try another birth date of someone you know or try the birthday of these celebrities: September 22, 1956 – Masayuki Suzuki, Japanese singer (Rats & Star); January 10, 1927 – Johnnie Ray, American singer-songwriter and pianist (d. 1990); September 30, 1979 – Clio-Danae Othoneou, Greek actress, singer, and pianist.
Don’t forget to share the info with your friends, loved ones, or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.
Word count: 1,908