Here are some snazzy birthday facts about 8th of August 1961 that no one tells you about. Don’t wait a minute longer and jump in using the content links below. Average read time of 10 minutes. Enjoy!
August 8, 1961 was a Tuesday and it was the 220th day of the year 1961. It was the 32nd Tuesday of that year. The next time you can reuse your old 1961 calendar will be in 2023. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a lunisolar calendar.
The day of the week of your birthday this year is Thursday. Next year it will be Saturday and two years from now it will be Sunday. You can check the calendars below if you’re planning what to do on your birthday.
There are 140 days left before your next birthday. You will be 58 years old when that day comes. There have been 21,044 days from the day you were born up to today. If you’ve been sleeping 8 hours daily since birth, then you have slept a total of 7,015 days or 19.21 years. You spent 33% of your life sleeping. Since night and day always follow each other, there were precisely 712 full moons after you were born up to this day. How many of them did you see? The next full moon that you can see will be on March 21 at 01:44:00 GMT – Thursday.
Fun stat: Your first one billion seconds (1,000,000,000) happened sometime on April 16, 1993.
If a dog named Daisy-Ann - a Siberian Husky breed, was born on the same date as you then it will be 276 dog years old today. A dog’s first human year is equal to 15 dog years. Dogs age differently depending on breed and size. When you reach the age of 6 Daisy-Ann will be 42 dog years old. From that point forward a medium-sized dog like Daisy-Ann will age 4.5 dog years for every human year.
Wanna share this info in social media? Make sure to take a screenshot first. Dog name and breed are randomly generated. Try reloading this page to see a new pet name and a different breed.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
You might be happy to know that the following celebrities share your birthday. The list was randomly chosen and arranged in chronological order.
- 1898Alexis Minotis
- 1920Jimmy Witherspoon
- 1920Leo Chiosso
- 1921William Asher
- 1932Mel Tillis
- 1952Robin Quivers
- 1973Jessica Calvello
- 1981Bradley McIntosh
- 1983Guy Burnet
- 1987Katie Leung
View the complete list of August 8 celebrity birthdays.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Just for fun! Try your love match score with anyone. Even officemates, schoolmates, or find out the score for your parents and relatives. Don’t limit yourself – you can also pair yourself with any celebrity. It’s a FREE report. Nothing to buy!
Here’s a short list of famous people in history who were born on Aug 8.
- 1518Conrad Lycosthenes, French-German scholar and author (d. 1561)
- 1839Nelson A. Miles, American general (d. 1925)
- 1880Earle Page, Australian lawyer, academic, and politician, 11th Prime Minister of Australia (d. 1961)
- 1898Alexis Minotis, Greek actor and director (d. 1990)
- 1915James Elliott, American runner and coach (d. 1981)
- 1920Carol Lambrino, Romanian son of Carol II of Romania (d. 2006)
- 1921Esther Williams, American swimmer, actress, and singer (d. 2013)
- 1934Sarat Pujari, Indian actor, director, and screenwriter (d. 2014)
- 1956David Grant, English singer (Linx)
- 1967Eric Angle, American wrestler
View the complete list of August 8 famous birthdays.
What no one tells you about the hidden secrets of your first name. Are there magical powers in your given name? Every name has a character and personality. Get smart with name meanings. Find out what your name means! (Sponsored link)
These were the events that made history that coincide with your birthday.
- 1647The Irish Confederate Wars and Wars of the Three Kingdoms: Battle of Dungan’s Hill: English Parliamentary forces defeat Irish forces.
- 1786Mont Blanc on the French – Italian border is climbed for the first time by Jacques Balmat and Dr. Michel-Gabriel Paccard.
- 1794Joseph Whidbey leads an expedition to search for the Northwest Passage near Juneau, Alaska.
- 1863American Civil War: Following his defeat in the Battle of Gettysburg, General Robert E. Lee sends a letter of resignation to Confederate President Jefferson Davis (which is refused upon receipt).
- 1876Thomas Edison receives a patent for his mimeograph.
- 1885More than 1.5 million people attend the funeral of Ulysses S. Grant in New York City.
- 1990Iraq occupies Kuwait and the state is annexed to Iraq. This would lead to the Gulf War shortly afterward.
- 2008A EuroCity express train en route from Kraków, Poland to Prague, Czech Republic strikes a part of a motorway bridge that had fallen onto the railroad track near Studénka railway station in the Czech Republic and derails, killing eight people and injuring 64 others.
- 2008Official ceremony of 2008 Summer Olympic Games in Bird’s Nest.
- 2013A suicide bombing at a funeral in the Pakistani city of Quetta kills at least 31 people.
View the complete list of August 8 historical events.
Curious about this Choco Strawberry? This is a party item you can activate and send to your friends when you play the free game Jump Birthday Party. It’s a fun and easy-to-play mobile game for all ages. Get free 1,000 gold coins when you download today!
Your birthday numbers 8, 8, and 1961 reveal that your Life Path number is 6. It represents justice, nurturing and responsibility. You possess great compassion and seek to be of service to others.
The following celebrities also have the same life path number: Béatrice Dalle, Angelica Bridges, Franzen Fajardo, Benjamin Schmideg, Aaron Russo, Han Geng, Rachel Bright, Telma Hopkins, George Hamilton, Peabo Bryson.
The Western zodiac or sun sign of a person born on August 8 is Leo ♌ (The Lion) – a fixed sign with Fire as Western element. The ruling planet is Sun – the center of our universe. According to the ancient art of Chinese astrology (or Eastern zodiac), Ox is the mythical animal and Metal is the Eastern element of a person born on August 8, 1961.
Peridot is the modern birthstone for the month of August while Diamond is the mystical birth stone (based on Tibetan origin). The zodiac gemstone for Leo is onyx. Lastly, the birthday stone for the day of the week ‘Tuesday’ is ruby.
Fun fact: The birth flower for 8th August 1961 is Poppy for preparedness.
When it comes to love and relationship, you are most compatible with a person born on July 4, 1950. You have a Love Match compatibility score of +105. Imagine being in love with your soul mate. On the negative side, you are most incompatible with a person born on January 31, 1938. Your incompatibility score is -140. You’ll be like a cat and a dog on a love-hate relationship. Arf-arf, I want to bite you. Meow-meow, stay away from me!
Did someone send you this link? Here’s a birthday wish just for you! Don’t forget to thank the kind soul who sent you this ninja page.
TIP: Click the image above if you want to save the high quality version for posting to social media like Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest. You can also get a new random wish if you want to (the page will reload).
In a room of 23 people there’s a 50% chance of two individuals having the same birthday (month and day only and not a leap year). The chance increases to 99.9% if there are 70 people in the room. You need at least 253 people in the room if you want someone to have the same birthday as you with 50% probability. This is called the birthday paradox or birthday problem. Try it out on your classroom, office, or sports team and confirm how many people share the same birthday.
Fun stat: The world population in the year of your birth is 3,083,966,929. (U.S. Census Bureau)
The number-one hit song in the U.S. at the day of your birth was Tossin’ and Turnin’ by Bobby Lewis as compiled by Billboard Hot 100 (August 14, 1961). Ask your parents if they know this popular song.
I do not know how you feel about this, but you were a female ♀ in your last earthly incarnation. You were born somewhere around the territory of Portugal approximately on 1150. Your profession was teacher, mathematician, geologist.
Your brief psychological profile in that past life: Inquisitive, inventive, liked to get to the very bottom of things and to rummage in books. Talent for drama, natural born actor.
Lessons that your last past life brought to present: The world is full of ill and lonely people. You should help those, who are less fortunate than you are.
Can you remember who you were?
Base on the data published by the United Nations Population Division, an estimated 109,557,830 babies were born throughout the world in the year 1961. The estimated number of babies born on 8th August 1961 is 300,158. That’s equivalent to 208 babies every minute. Try to imagine if all of them are crying at the same time.
In the United States, the most popular baby name is Mary. This name was given to 47,676 baby girls. For the boys it’s Michael. This name was recorded 86,922 times in the year 1961. Any chance you are Mary or Michael? (Source: ssa.gov)
Here’s a quick list of all the fun birthday facts about August 8, 1961. Celebrities, famous birthdays, historical events, and past life were excluded.
- Day index: 220th day of 1961
- Day of week: Tuesday
- Day of week birthstone: Ruby
- Week index: 32nd Tuesday of 1961
- Next same calendar year: 2023
- Day of week this year: Thursday
- Day of week next year: Saturday
- Day of week in 2021: Sunday
- Days until next birthday: 140 days
- Age on next birthday: 58 years old
- Days since birth: 21,044 days
- Days spent sleeping: 7,015 days
- Years spent sleeping: 19.21 years
- Part of life spent sleeping: 33%
- Full moons since birth: 712
- Next full moon: March 21 at 01:44:00 GMT – Thursday
- First one billion seconds: Sometime on April 16, 1993
- Age in dog years: 276 dog years old using a Siberian Husky breed
- Life path number and meaning: 6 – It represents justice, nurturing and responsibility. You possess great compassion and seek to be of service to others.
- Western zodiac sign: Leo ♌ (The Lion)
- Western zodiac element: Fire
- Western zodiac sign quality: Fixed
- Western zodiac ruling planet: Sun – the center of our universe
- Western zodiac gemstone: Onyx
- Eastern zodiac animal: Ox
- Eastern zodiac element: Metal
- Modern birthstone: Peridot
- Mystical birthstone: Diamond (based on Tibetan origin)
- Birth flower: Poppy for preparedness
- Best compatible birthday: July 4, 1950 (+105)
- Worst compatible birthday: January 31, 1938 (-140)
- 1961 world population: 3,083,966,929
- Number one song: Tossin’ and Turnin’ by Bobby Lewis (August 14, 1961)
- Babies born in 1961: 109,557,830
- Babies born in 1961 every day: 300,158
- Babies born in 1961 every minute: 208
- Popular girl’s name: Mary – 47,676 babies
- Popular boy’s name: Michael – 86,922 babies
Try another birth date of someone you know or try the birthday of these celebrities: February 18, 1947 – Dennis DeYoung, American singer-songwriter, keyboard player, and producer (Styx); October 27, 1963 – Marla Maples, American model and actress; July 4, 1984 – Gina Glocksen, American singer.
Don’t forget to share the info with your friends, loved ones, or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.
Word count: 1,987