Here are some snazzy birthday facts about 8th of August 1961 that no one tells you about. Don’t wait a minute longer and jump in using the content links below. Average read time of 6 minutes. Enjoy!
August 8, 1961 was a Tuesday and it was the 220th day of the year 1961. The next time you can reuse your old 1961 calendar will be in 2017. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a lunisolar calendar.
The day of the week of your birthday this year was Tuesday. Next year it will be Wednesday and two years from now it will be Thursday. You can check the calendars below if you’re planning what to do on your birthday.
There are 294 days left before your next birthday. You will be 57 years old when that day comes. There have been 20,525 days from the day you were born up to today. Since night and day always follow each other, there were exactly 695 full moons after you were born up to this day. How many of them did you see? The next full moon that you can see will be on November 4 at 05:24:00 GMT – Saturday.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
You might be happy to know that the following celebrities share your birthday. The list was randomly chosen and arranged in chronological order.
- 1889Hans Egede Budtz
- 1920Jimmy Witherspoon
- 1925Ginny Tyler
- 1935Donald P. Bellisario
- 1944Michael Johnson
- 1947Larry Wilcox
- 1961The Edge
- 1981Meagan Good
- 1983Fred Meyers
- 1986Cody Lightning
View the complete list of celebrity birthdays for August 8.
Did you know? It takes as little as 8 hours of one-on-one tutoring to improve a full letter grade, according to a nationwide poll of private tutors. Click here to search for a tutor today! More than 80,000 tutors in 300+ subjects. (Sponsored link; US only)
Here’s a short list of famous people in history who were born on Aug 8.
- 1884Sara Teasdale, American poet and educator (d. 1933)
- 1902Paul Dirac, English-American physicist and academic, Nobel Prize laureate (d. 1984)
- 1920Leo Chiosso, Italian songwriter and producer (d. 2006)
- 1937Cornelis Vreeswijk, Dutch-Swedish singer-songwriter, guitarist, and actor (d. 1987)
- 1948Svetlana Savitskaya, Russian engineer and astronaut
- 1951Randy Shilts, American journalist and author (d. 1994)
- 1954Nick Holtam, English bishop
- 1977Szilárd Németh, Slovak footballer and manager
- 1979Richard Lyons, Northern Irish racing driver
- 1980Michael Urie, American actor, director, and producer
View the complete list of famous birthdays for August 8.
These were the events that made history that coincide with your birthday.
- 1605The city of Oulu, Finland, is founded by Charles IX of Sweden.
- 1793The insurrection of Lyon occurs during the French Revolution.
- 1863American Civil War: Following his defeat in the Battle of Gettysburg, General Robert E. Lee sends a letter of resignation to Confederate President Jefferson Davis (which is refused upon receipt).
- 1885More than 1.5 million people attend the funeral of Ulysses S. Grant in New York City.
- 1908Wilbur Wright makes his first flight at a racecourse at Le Mans, France. It is the Wright Brothers’ first public flight.
- 1940The “Aufbau Ost” directive is signed by Wilhelm Keitel.
- 1974President Richard Nixon, in a nationwide television address, announces his resignation from the office of the President of the United States effective noon the next day.
- 1989Space Shuttle program: STS-28 Mission: Space Shuttle Columbia takes off on a secret five-day military mission.
- 2007An EF2 tornado touches down in Kings County and Richmond County, New York, the most powerful tornado in New York to date and the first in Brooklyn since 1889.
- 20158 people are killed in a shooting in Houston, Texas.
View the complete list of historical events for August 8.
Curious about this Cherry Choco Cake? This is a party item you can activate and send to your friends when you play the free game Jump Birthday Party. It’s a fun and easy-to-play mobile game for all ages. Get free 1,000 gold coins when you download today!
Your birthday numbers 8, 8 and 1961 reveal that your Life Path number is 6. It represents justice, nurturing and responsibility. You possess great compassion and seek to be of service to others.
The following celebrities also have the same life path number: David Collings, George Bellamy, Live Maria Roggen, Dan Gauthier, Jørgen Olsen, Paul Petersen, Neil Hopkins, Dave Loggins, Konstantin Kinchev, Cathleen Cordell.
The zodiac sign of a person born on August 8 is Leo ♌. According to the ancient art of Chinese astrology (or Chinese zodiac), Ox is the mythical animal and Metal is the element of a person born on August 8, 1961.
Hmmm... what do the stars have to say about you today? Get your daily Leo horoscope for free. Get a boost from the stars! Make today a great day for love, money, and career. Your horoscope is available in daily, weekly, monthly, and even yearly forecast.
Peridot is the modern birthstone for the month of August while Diamond is the mystical birth stone (based on Tibetan origin). The zodiac gemstone for Leo is onyx. Lastly, the birthday stone for the day of the week ‘Tuesday’ is ruby.
The number-one hit song in the U.S. at the day of your birth was Tossin’ and Turnin’ by Bobby Lewis as compiled by Billboard Hot 100 (August 14, 1961). Ask your parents if they know this popular song.
I do not know how you feel about this, but you were a female ♀ in your last earthly incarnation. You were born somewhere around the territory of Portugal approximately on 1150. Your profession was teacher, mathematician, geologist.
Your brief psychological profile in that past life: Inquisitive, inventive, liked to get to the very bottom of things and to rummage in books. Talent for drama, natural born actor.
Lessons that your last past life brought to present: The world is full of ill and lonely people. You should help those, who are less fortunate than you are.
Can you remember who you were?
Try another birth date of someone you know or try the birthday of these celebrities: February 19, 1981 – Beth Ditto, American singer-songwriter (Gossip); August 31, 1979 – Simon Neil, Scottish singer-songwriter, guitarist, and producer (Biffy Clyro and Marmaduke Duke); October 31, 1967 – Adam Schlesinger, American bass player, songwriter, and producer (Fountains of Wayne, Ivy and Tinted Windows).
Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.
Word count: 1,144