Here are some snazzy birthday facts about 8th of August 1988 that no one tells you about. Don’t wait a minute longer and jump in using the content links below. Average read time of 5 minutes. Enjoy!
August 8, 1988 was a Monday and it was the 221st day of the year 1988. The next time you can reuse your old 1988 calendar will be in 2044. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a lunisolar calendar.
The day of the week of your birthday this year is Tuesday. Next year it will be Wednesday and two years from now it will be Thursday. You can check the calendars below if you’re planning what to do on your birthday.
There are 14 days left before your next birthday. You will be 29 years old when that day comes. There have been 10,578 days from the day you were born up to today. Since night and day always follow each other, there were exactly 358 full moons after you were born up to this day. How many of them did you see? The next full moon that you can see will be on August 7 at 18:13:00 GMT – Monday.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get tips about your current relationship and how to improve it. Astrology reports to help you decide when to make yourself available for romantic or social activity. Get your love & romance reports or download free samples!
You might be happy to know that the following celebrities share your birthday. The list was randomly chosen and arranged in chronological order.
- 1910Sylvia Sidney
- 1919Dino De Laurentiis
- 1921William Asher
- 1937Cornelis Vreeswijk
- 1942John Gustafson
- 1950Willie Hall
- 1956Cecilia Roth
- 1956Chris Foreman
- 1978Ebru Yaşar
View the complete list of celebrity birthdays for August 8.
Seriously, how much do you know yourself? Do you want to gain true understanding of the real you? It’s all about you! Your confidence, your nature, your career and you as a person. Get your personality profile reports or download free samples!
Here’s a short list of famous people in history who were born on Aug 8.
- 1807Emilie Flygare-Carlén, Swedish author (d. 1892)
- 1930Joan Mondale, American wife of Walter Mondale, 32nd Second Lady of the United States (d. 2014)
- 1956Cecilia Roth, Argentinian actress
- 1957Dennis Drew, American keyboard player (10,000 Maniacs)
- 1967Yūki Amami, Japanese actress
- 1970Pascal Duquenne, Belgian actor
- 1973Jessica Calvello, American voice actress
- 1978Countess Vaughn, American actress and singer
- 1981Bradley McIntosh, English singer and actor (S Club and Upper Street)
- 1983Willie Tonga, Australian rugby player
View the complete list of famous birthdays for August 8.
What is in store for you this year? Let these forecasts and predictions help you succeed in life. Benefit from life changing events and know when they occur. Make everyday activities easier to handle. Get your Forecast Reports or download free samples!
These were the events that made history that coincide with your birthday.
- 1503King James IV of Scotland marries Margaret Tudor, daughter of King Henry VII of England at Holyrood Abbey in Edinburgh, Scotland.
- 1709Bartolomeu de Gusmão demonstrates the lifting power of hot air in an audience before the King of Portugal in Lisbon, Portugal
- 1794Joseph Whidbey leads an expedition to search for the Northwest Passage near Juneau, Alaska.
- 1876Thomas Edison receives a patent for his mimeograph.
- 1885More than 1.5 million people attend the funeral of Ulysses S. Grant in New York City.
- 1942Quit India Movement is launched in India against the British rule in response to Mohandas Gandhi’s call for swaraj or complete independence.
- 1945The London Charter is signed by France, the United Kingdom, the Soviet Union and the United States, establishing the laws and procedures for the Nuremberg trials.
- 1960South Kasai secedes from the Congo.
- 1973Kim Dae-jung, a South Korean politician and later president of South Korea, is kidnapped.
- 1988The “8888 Uprising” occurs in Burma.
View the complete list of historical events for August 8.
Curious about this Golden Jelly Star? This is a party item you can activate and send to your friends when you play the free game Jump Birthday Party. It’s a fun and easy-to-play mobile game for all ages. Get free 1,000 gold coins when you download today!
Your birthday numbers 8, 8 and 1988 reveal that your Life Path number is 6. It represents justice, nurturing and responsibility. You possess great compassion and seek to be of service to others.
The following celebrities also have the same life path number: Jim Steinman, Ralph McTell, Lena Philipsson, Anthony Heald, Joey Bishop, Tony Holiday, Penny Singleton, Scott Gerbacia, Paul Blackthorne, Miki Fujimoto.
The zodiac sign of a person born on August 8 is Leo ♌. According to the ancient art of Chinese astrology (or Chinese zodiac), Dragon is the mythical animal and Earth is the element of a person born on August 8, 1988.
Hmmm... what do the stars have to say about you today? Get your daily Leo horoscope for free. Get a boost from the stars! Make today a great day for love, money, and career. Your horoscope is available in daily, weekly, monthly, and even yearly format.
Peridot is the modern birthstone for the month of August while Diamond is the mystical birth stone (based on Tibetan origin). The zodiac gemstone for Leo is onyx. Lastly, the birthday stone for the day of the week ‘Monday’ is pearl.
The number-one hit song in the U.S. at the day of your birth was Roll With It by Steve Winwood as compiled by Billboard Hot 100 (August 13, 1988). Ask your parents if they know this popular song.
Try another birth date of someone you know or try the birthday of these celebrities: October 17, 1979 – Marcela Bovio, Mexican singer-songwriter and violinist (Stream of Passion and Elfonía); November 29, 1943 – Bobbi Martin, American singer-songwriter and guitarist (d. 2000); May 27, 1958 – Neil Finn, New Zealand singer-songwriter and mandolin player (Split Enz, Crowded House, Finn Brothers, The Mullanes, 7 Worlds Collide, and Pajama Club).
Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.
Word count: 1,066