Here are some snazzy birthday facts about 20th of December 1947 that no one tells you about. Don’t wait a minute longer and jump in using the content links below. Average read time of 10 minutes. Enjoy!
December 20, 1947 was a Saturday and it was the 354th day of the year 1947. It was the 51st Saturday of that year. The next time you can reuse your old 1947 calendar will be in 2025. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a lunisolar calendar.
The day of the week of your birthday this year is Friday. Next year it will be Sunday and two years from now it will be Monday. You can check the calendars below if you’re planning what to do on your birthday.
There are 271 days left before your next birthday. You will be 72 years old when that day comes. There have been 26,027 days from the day you were born up to today. If you’ve been sleeping 8 hours daily since birth, then you have slept a total of 8,676 days or 23.75 years. You spent 33% of your life sleeping. Since night and day always follow each other, there were precisely 882 full moons after you were born up to this day. How many of them did you see? The next full moon that you can see will be on April 19 at 11:14:00 GMT – Friday.
Fun stat: Your first one billion seconds (1,000,000,000) happened sometime on August 28, 1979.
If a dog named Jesus - a Standard Schnauzer breed, was born on the same date as you then it will be 339 dog years old today. A dog’s first human year is equal to 15 dog years. Dogs age differently depending on breed and size. When you reach the age of 6 Jesus will be 42 dog years old. From that point forward a medium-sized dog like Jesus will age 4.5 dog years for every human year.
Wanna share this info in social media? Make sure to take a screenshot first. Dog name and breed are randomly generated. Try reloading this page to see a new pet name and a different breed.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
You might be happy to know that the following celebrities share your birthday. The list was randomly chosen and arranged in chronological order.
- 1939Kathryn Joosten
- 1955David Breashears
- 1957Billy Bragg
- 1957Mike Watt
- 1961Mike Keneally
- 1966Chris Robinson
- 1971Roger J. Beaujard
- 1983Lara Stone
- 1984David Tavaré
- 1986Anoop Desai
View the complete list of December 20 celebrity birthdays.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Just for fun! Try your love match score with anyone. Even officemates, schoolmates, or find out the score for your parents and relatives. Don’t limit yourself – you can also pair yourself with any celebrity. It’s a FREE report. Nothing to buy!
Here’s a short list of famous people in history who were born on Dec 20.
- 1537John III of Sweden (d. 1592)
- 1717Charles Gravier, comte de Vergennes, French politician and diplomat, French Minister of Foreign Affairs (d. 1787)
- 1891Erik Almlöf, Swedish triple jumper (d. 1971)
- 1902Prince George, Duke of Kent (d. 1942)
- 1914Harry F. Byrd, Jr., American lieutenant, publisher, and politician (d. 2013)
- 1918Jean Marchand, Canadian union leader and politician, 43rd Secretary of State for Canada (d. 1988)
- 1942Rana Bhagwandas, Pakistani lawyer and judge, Chief Justice of Pakistan (d. 2015)
- 1955Rory Markas, American sportscaster (d. 2010)
- 1973Cory Stillman, Canadian ice hockey player
- 1988Andrés Bottiglieri, Italian–Argentinian footballer
View the complete list of December 20 famous birthdays.
What no one tells you about the hidden secrets of your first name. Are there magical powers in your given name? Every name has a character and personality. Get smart with name meanings. Find out what your name means! (Sponsored link)
These were the events that made history that coincide with your birthday.
- 1192Richard I of England is captured and imprisoned by Leopold V of Austria on his way home to England after signing a treaty with Saladin ending the Third Crusade.
- 1803The Louisiana Purchase is completed at a ceremony in New Orleans.
- 1860South Carolina becomes the first state to attempt to secede from the United States.
- 1917Cheka, the first Soviet secret police force, is founded.
- 1924Adolf Hitler is released from Landsberg Prison
- 1951The EBR-1 in Arco, Idaho becomes the first nuclear power plant to generate electricity. The electricity powered four light bulbs.
- 1955Cardiff is proclaimed the capital city of Wales, United Kingdom.
- 2007Elizabeth II becomes the oldest monarch of the United Kingdom, surpassing Queen Victoria, who lived for 81 years, 7 months and 29 days.
- 2013China successfully launches the Bolivian Túpac Katari 1 from the Xichang Satellite Launch Center.
- 2014Two police officers of the New York City Police Department are shot and killed, allegedly in retaliation against the deaths of Eric Garner and Michael Brown.
View the complete list of December 20 historical events.
Curious about this Double Choco Heart? This is a party item you can activate and send to your friends when you play the free game Jump Birthday Party. It’s a fun and easy-to-play mobile game for all ages. Get free 1,000 gold coins when you download today!
Your birthday numbers 12, 20, and 1947 reveal that your Life Path number is 8. It represents experience, authority and endeavour. You are gifted with natural leadership and the capacity to accumulate great wealth.
The following celebrities also have the same life path number: Cynthia Watros, Han Sunhwa, Jocie Kwok, Michele Placido, Shinji Yamashita, Erina Mano, Martha Smith, Katharine Cornell, Giovonnie Samuels, Beverly Lee.
The Western zodiac or sun sign of a person born on December 20 is Sagittarius ♐ (The Archer) – a mutable sign with Fire as Western element. The ruling planet is Jupiter – the planet of luck and expansion. According to the ancient art of Chinese astrology (or Eastern zodiac), Pig is the mythical animal and Fire is the Eastern element of a person born on December 20, 1947.
Turquoise is the modern birthstone for the month of December while Onyx is the mystical birth stone (based on Tibetan origin). The zodiac gemstone for Sagittarius is topaz. Lastly, the birthday stone for the day of the week ‘Saturday’ is turquoise.
Fun fact: The birth flower for 20th December 1947 is Holly for precious moments.
When it comes to love and relationship, you are most compatible with a person born on December 5, 1926. You have a Love Match compatibility score of +118. Imagine being in love with your soul mate. On the negative side, you are most incompatible with a person born on March 3, 1965. Your incompatibility score is -95. You’ll be like a cat and a dog on a love-hate relationship. Arf-arf, I want to bite you. Meow-meow, stay away from me!
Did someone send you this link? Here’s a birthday wish just for you! Don’t forget to thank the kind soul who sent you this ninja page.
TIP: Click the image above if you want to save the high quality version for posting to social media like Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest. You can also get a new random wish if you want to (the page will reload).
In a room of 23 people there’s a 50% chance of two individuals having the same birthday (month and day only and not a leap year). The chance increases to 99.9% if there are 70 people in the room. You need at least 253 people in the room if you want someone to have the same birthday as you with 50% probability. This is called the birthday paradox or birthday problem. Try it out on your classroom, office, or sports team and confirm how many people share the same birthday.
What’s your bizarre Florida Man story? The #FloridaManChallenge is breaking the Internet and social media. Some crazy men from the Sunshine State are making headlines every day of the year including your birthday. Try this fun exercise. Pick your search engine of choice and type in “florida man December 20” and see what kind of wild news headline you will get. This viral craze started in 2013 and gets resurrected now and then. The latest was from Tumblr and found its way to Twitter. As they say, the rest is history.
I do not know how you feel about this, but you were a female ♀ in your last earthly incarnation. You were born somewhere around the territory of USA South-Central approximately on 1250. Your profession was chemist, alchemist, poison manufacturer.
Your brief psychological profile in that past life: You always liked to travel, to investigate, could have been detective or spy.
Lessons that your last past life brought to present: You should develop self-love and ability to implant hope into hearts of people. Ambition – is not everything. True wealth is buried in your soul.
Can you remember who you were?
In the United States, the most popular baby name is Linda. This name was given to 99,686 baby girls. For the boys it’s James. This name was recorded 94,756 times in the year 1947. Any chance you are Linda or James? (Source: ssa.gov)
Here’s a quick list of all the fun birthday facts about December 20, 1947. Celebrities, famous birthdays, historical events, and past life were excluded.
- Day index: 354th day of 1947
- Day of week: Saturday
- Day of week birthstone: Turquoise
- Week index: 51st Saturday of 1947
- Next same calendar year: 2025
- Day of week this year: Friday
- Day of week next year: Sunday
- Day of week in 2021: Monday
- Days until next birthday: 271 days
- Age on next birthday: 72 years old
- Days since birth: 26,027 days
- Days spent sleeping: 8,676 days
- Years spent sleeping: 23.75 years
- Part of life spent sleeping: 33%
- Full moons since birth: 882
- Next full moon: April 19 at 11:14:00 GMT – Friday
- First one billion seconds: Sometime on August 28, 1979
- Age in dog years: 339 dog years old using a Standard Schnauzer breed
- Life path number and meaning: 8 – It represents experience, authority and endeavour. You are gifted with natural leadership and the capacity to accumulate great wealth.
- Western zodiac sign: Sagittarius ♐ (The Archer)
- Western zodiac element: Fire
- Western zodiac sign quality: Mutable
- Western zodiac ruling planet: Jupiter – the planet of luck and expansion
- Western zodiac gemstone: Topaz
- Eastern zodiac animal: Pig
- Eastern zodiac element: Fire
- Modern birthstone: Turquoise
- Mystical birthstone: Onyx (based on Tibetan origin)
- Birth flower: Holly for precious moments
- Best compatible birthday: December 5, 1926 (+118)
- Worst compatible birthday: March 3, 1965 (-95)
- Popular girl’s name: Linda – 99,686 babies
- Popular boy’s name: James – 94,756 babies
Try another birth date of someone you know or try the birthday of these celebrities: February 13, 1919 – Tennessee Ernie Ford, American singer and actor (d. 1991); December 2, 1982 – Michelle Banzer, American model, Miss Kentucky 2007; October 19, 1931 – Manolo Escobar, Spanish singer and actor (d. 2013).
Don’t forget to share the info with your friends, loved ones, or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.
Word count: 1,903