Here are some snazzy birthday facts about 17th of January 1942 that no one tells you about. Don’t wait a minute longer and jump in using the content links below. Average read time of 8 minutes. Enjoy!
January 17, 1942 was a Saturday and it was the 17th day of the year 1942. It was the 3rd Saturday of that year. The next time you can reuse your old 1942 calendar will be in 2026. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a lunisolar calendar.
The day of the week of your birthday this year is Thursday. Next year it will be Friday and two years from now it will be Sunday. You can check the calendars below if you’re planning what to do on your birthday.
There is 1 day left before your next birthday. You will be 77 years old when that day comes. There have been 28,123 days from the day you were born up to today. If you’ve been sleeping 8 hours daily since birth, then you have slept a total of 9,374 days or 25.67 years. You spent 33% of your life sleeping. Since night and day always follow each other, there were precisely 952 full moons after you were born up to this day. How many of them did you see? The next full moon that you can see will be on January 21 at 05:17:00 GMT – Monday.
Fun stat: Your first one billion seconds (1,000,000,000) happened sometime on September 25, 1973.
If a dog named Cali Anne - a Goldendoodle breed, was born on the same date as you then it will be 397 dog years old today. A dog’s first human year is equal to 15 dog years. Dogs age differently depending on breed and size. When you reach the age of 6 Cali Anne will be 45 dog years old. From that point forward a large-sized dog like Cali Anne will age 5-6 dog years for every human year.
Wanna share this info in social media? Make sure to take a screenshot first. Dog name and breed are randomly generated. Try reloading this page to see a new pet name and a different breed.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
You might be happy to know that the following celebrities share your birthday. The list was randomly chosen and arranged in chronological order.
- 1923Carol Raye
- 1948Jim Ladd
- 1952Ryuichi Sakamoto
- 1961Brian Helgeland
- 1967Richard Hawley
- 1974Vesko Kountchev
- 1975Freddy Rodriguez
- 1975Rami Yacoub
- 1978Carolina "Pampita" Ardohaín
- 1986Max Adler
View the complete list of January 17 celebrity birthdays.
Here’s a short list of famous people in history who were born on Jan 17.
- 1666Antonio Maria Valsalva, Italian anatomist and physician (d. 1723)
- 1706Benjamin Franklin, American publisher and politician, 6th President of Pennsylvania (d. 1790)
- 1875Florencio Sánchez, Uruguayan journalist and playwright (d. 1910)
- 1905Eduard Oja, Estonian composer, conductor, educator, and critic (d. 1950)
- 1921Herbert Ellis, American actor
- 1934Donald Cammell, Scottish-American director and screenwriter (d. 1996)
- 1935Ruth Ann Minner, American businesswoman and politician, 72nd Governor of Delaware
- 1957Ann Nocenti, American journalist and author
- 1962Sebastian Junger, American journalist and author
- 1985Mark Briscoe, American wrestler
View the complete list of January 17 famous birthdays.
These were the events that made history that coincide with your birthday.
- 1287King Alfonso III of Aragon invades Minorca.
- 1595Henry IV of France declares war on Spain.
- 1899The United States takes possession of Wake Island in the Pacific Ocean.
- 1913Raymond Poincaré is elected President of France.
- 1929Popeye the Sailor Man, a cartoon character created by E. C. Segar, first appears in the Thimble Theatre comic strip.
- 1946The UN Security Council holds its first session.
- 1961U.S. President Dwight D. Eisenhower delivers a televised farewell address to the nation three days before leaving office, in which he warns against the accumulation of power by the “military–industrial complex” as well as the dangers of massive spending, especially deficit spending.
- 1969Black Panther Party members Bunchy Carter and John Huggins are killed during a meeting in Campbell Hall on the campus of UCLA.
- 1996The Czech Republic applies for membership of the European Union.
- 1997Cape Canaveral Air Force Station: A Delta 2 carrying a GPS2R satellite explodes 13 seconds after launch, dropping 250 tons of burning rocket remains around the launch pad.
View the complete list of January 17 historical events.
Curious about this Island Punch Sour Ball? This is a party item you can activate and send to your friends when you play the free game Jump Birthday Party. It’s a fun and easy-to-play mobile game for all ages. Get free 1,000 gold coins when you download today!
Your birthday numbers 1, 17, and 1942 reveal that your Life Path number is 7. It represents analysis, awareness and understanding. You are the searcher and the seeker of the truth.
The following celebrities also have the same life path number: Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Maian Kärmas, Lon Chaney, William Smith, Wadih El Safi, Chloe Bennet, Rosalinda Galli, Jennifer Gibney, Brad Lesley, Suzanna Leigh.
The Western zodiac or sun sign of a person born on January 17 is Capricorn ♑ (The Sea-goat) – a cardinal sign with Earth as Western element. The ruling planet is Saturn – the planet of discipline. According to the ancient art of Chinese astrology (or Eastern zodiac), Snake is the mythical animal and Metal is the Eastern element of a person born on January 17, 1942.
Get your daily Capricorn horoscope for free. Make today a great day for love and romance. Get a boost from the stars and find out what they have to say about you. Your horoscope is available in daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly forecasts. Discover some hidden personality you did not know about yourself.
Garnet is the modern birthstone for the month of January while Emerald is the mystical birth stone (based on Tibetan origin). The zodiac gemstone for Capricorn is ruby. Lastly, the birthday stone for the day of the week ‘Saturday’ is turquoise.
Fun fact: The birth flower for 17th January 1942 is Carnation for friendship.
When it comes to love and relationship, you are most compatible with a person born on December 4, 1968. You have a Love Match compatibility score of +169. Imagine being in love with your soul mate. On the negative side, you are most incompatible with a person born on August 10, 1955. Your incompatibility score is -182. You’ll be like a cat and a dog on a love-hate relationship. Arf-arf, I want to bite you. Meow-meow, stay away from me!
Did someone send you this link? Here’s a birthday wish just for you! Don’t forget to thank the kind soul who sent you this ninja page.
TIP: Click the image above if you want to save the high quality version for posting to social media like Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest. You can also get a new random wish if you want to (the page will reload).
Q: What do you call a person who shares the same birthday?
A: Birthday twins – easy!
I do not know how you feel about this, but you were a male ♂ in your last earthly incarnation. You were born somewhere around the territory of Turkey approximately on 575. Your profession was librarian, priest, keeper of tribal relics.
Your brief psychological profile in that past life: You always liked to travel, to investigate, could have been detective or spy.
Lessons that your last past life brought to present: Your lesson – development and expansion of your mental consciousness. Find good teacher, spend a part of your time and energy on his wisdom.
Can you remember who you were?
In the United States, the most popular baby name is Mary. This name was given to 63,249 baby girls. For the boys it’s James. This name was recorded 77,173 times in the year 1942. Any chance you are Mary or James? (Source: ssa.gov)
Here’s a quick list of all the fun birthday facts about January 17, 1942. Celebrities, famous birthdays, historical events, and past life were excluded.
- Day index: 17th day of 1942
- Day of week: Saturday
- Day of week birthstone: Turquoise
- Week index: 3rd Saturday of 1942
- Next same calendar year: 2026
- Day of week this year: Thursday
- Day of week next year: Friday
- Day of week in 2021: Sunday
- Days until next birthday: 1 day
- Age on next birthday: 77 years old
- Days since birth: 28,123 days
- Days spent sleeping: 9,374 days
- Years spent sleeping: 25.67 years
- Part of life spent sleeping: 33%
- Full moons since birth: 952
- Next full moon: January 21 at 05:17:00 GMT – Monday
- First one billion seconds: Sometime on September 25, 1973
- Age in dog years: 397 dog years old using a Goldendoodle breed
- Life path number and meaning: 7 – It represents analysis, awareness and understanding. You are the searcher and the seeker of the truth.
- Western zodiac sign: Capricorn ♑ (The Sea-goat)
- Western zodiac element: Earth
- Western zodiac sign quality: Cardinal
- Western zodiac ruling planet: Saturn – the planet of discipline
- Western zodiac gemstone: Ruby
- Eastern zodiac animal: Snake
- Eastern zodiac element: Metal
- Modern birthstone: Garnet
- Mystical birthstone: Emerald (based on Tibetan origin)
- Birth flower: Carnation for friendship
- Best compatible birthday: December 4, 1968 (+169)
- Worst compatible birthday: August 10, 1955 (-182)
- Popular girl’s name: Mary – 63,249 babies
- Popular boy’s name: James – 77,173 babies
Try another birth date of someone you know or try the birthday of these celebrities: December 30, 1940 – James Burrows, American actor, director, producer, and screenwriter; November 1, 1906 – Johnny Indrisano, American boxer and actor (d. 1968); December 1, 2003 – Jackson Nicoll, American child actor.
Don’t forget to share the info with your friends, loved ones, or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.
Word count: 1,695