Here are some snazzy birthday facts about 17th of January 1970 that no one tells you about. Don’t wait a minute longer and jump in using the content links below. Average read time of 9 minutes. Enjoy!
January 17, 1970 was a Saturday and it was the 17th day of the year 1970. It was the 3rd Saturday of that year. The next time you can reuse your old 1970 calendar will be in 2026. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a lunisolar calendar.
The day of the week of your birthday this year was Thursday. Next year it will be Friday and two years from now it will be Sunday. You can check the calendars below if you’re planning what to do on your birthday.
There are 328 days left before your next birthday. You will be 50 years old when that day comes. There have been 17,934 days from the day you were born up to today. If you’ve been sleeping 8 hours daily since birth, then you have slept a total of 5,978 days or 16.37 years. You spent 33% of your life sleeping. Since night and day always follow each other, there were precisely 608 full moons after you were born up to this day. How many of them did you see? The next full moon that you can see will be on March 21 at 01:44:00 GMT – Thursday.
Fun stat: Your first one billion seconds (1,000,000,000) happened sometime on September 25, 2001.
If a dog named Sandwich - a German Shorthaired Pointer breed, was born on the same date as you then it will be 240 dog years old today. A dog’s first human year is equal to 15 dog years. Dogs age differently depending on breed and size. When you reach the age of 6 Sandwich will be 42 dog years old. From that point forward a medium-sized dog like Sandwich will age 4.5 dog years for every human year.
Wanna share this info in social media? Make sure to take a screenshot first. Dog name and breed are randomly generated. Try reloading this page to see a new pet name and a different breed.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
You might be happy to know that the following celebrities share your birthday. The list was randomly chosen and arranged in chronological order.
- 1867Carl Laemmle
- 1917M. G. Ramachandran
- 1931James Earl Jones
- 1933Shari Lewis
- 1944Françoise Hardy
- 1957Steve Harvey
- 1967Richard Hawley
- 1972Ken Hirai
- 1981Ray J
- 1990Kaori Matsumura
View the complete list of January 17 celebrity birthdays.
Here’s a short list of famous people in history who were born on Jan 17.
- 1903Warren Hull, American actor, singer, and game show host (d. 1974)
- 1907Henk Badings, Indonesian-Dutch composer and engineer (d. 1987)
- 1922Betty White, American actress, singer, and producer
- 1933Prince Sadruddin Aga Khan, French-Pakistani diplomat, United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (d. 2003)
- 1954Robert F. Kennedy, Jr., American lawyer, radio host, and environmentalist
- 1968Jane Salumäe, Estonian runner
- 1970Masaaki Mochizuki, Japanese wrestler
- 1974Derrick Mason, American football player
- 1982Amanda Wilkinson, Canadian singer (The Wilkinsons and Small Town Pistols)
- 1987Oleksandr Usyk, Ukrainian boxer
View the complete list of January 17 famous birthdays.
These were the events that made history that coincide with your birthday.
- 1595Henry IV of France declares war on Spain.
- 1899The United States takes possession of Wake Island in the Pacific Ocean.
- 1917The United States pays Denmark 25 million for the Virgin Islands.
- 1918Finnish Civil War: The first serious battles take place between the Red Guards and the White Guard.
- 1941Franco-Thai War: French forces inflict a decisive defeat over the Royal Thai Navy.
- 1945Swedish diplomat Raoul Wallenberg is taken into Soviet custody while in Hungary; he is never publicly seen again.
- 1969Black Panther Party members Bunchy Carter and John Huggins are killed during a meeting in Campbell Hall on the campus of UCLA.
- 19941994 Northridge earthquake: A magnitude 6.7 earthquake hits Northridge, California.
- 1996The Czech Republic applies for membership of the European Union.
- 1997Cape Canaveral Air Force Station: A Delta 2 carrying a GPS2R satellite explodes 13 seconds after launch, dropping 250 tons of burning rocket remains around the launch pad.
View the complete list of January 17 historical events.
Curious about this Creme-filled Choco? This is a party item you can activate and send to your friends when you play the free game Jump Birthday Party. It’s a fun and easy-to-play mobile game for all ages. Get free 1,000 gold coins when you download today!
Your birthday numbers 1, 17, and 1970 reveal that your Life Path number is 8. It represents experience, authority and endeavour. You are gifted with natural leadership and the capacity to accumulate great wealth.
The following celebrities also have the same life path number: Gene Hoglan, LaGaylia Frazier, Nicholas Parsons, Gail Porter, Screaming Lord Sutch, Makenzie Vega, Dick Foran, Jennifer Finch, Julia Stegner, Barbara Leigh-Hunt.
The Western zodiac or sun sign of a person born on January 17 is Capricorn ♑ (The Sea-goat) – a cardinal sign with Earth as Western element. The ruling planet is Saturn – the planet of discipline. According to the ancient art of Chinese astrology (or Eastern zodiac), Rooster is the mythical animal and Earth is the Eastern element of a person born on January 17, 1970.
Garnet is the modern birthstone for the month of January while Emerald is the mystical birth stone (based on Tibetan origin). The zodiac gemstone for Capricorn is ruby. Lastly, the birthday stone for the day of the week ‘Saturday’ is turquoise.
Fun fact: The birth flower for 17th January 1970 is Carnation for friendship.
When it comes to love and relationship, you are most compatible with a person born on May 11, 1941. You have a Love Match compatibility score of +189. Imagine being in love with your soul mate. On the negative side, you are most incompatible with a person born on July 22, 1954. Your incompatibility score is -150. You’ll be like a cat and a dog on a love-hate relationship. Arf-arf, I want to bite you. Meow-meow, stay away from me!
Did someone send you this link? Here’s a birthday wish just for you! Don’t forget to thank the kind soul who sent you this ninja page.
TIP: Click the image above if you want to save the high quality version for posting to social media like Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest. You can also get a new random wish if you want to (the page will reload).
Q: What do you call a person who shares the same birthday?
A: Birthday twins – easy!
Fun stat: The world population in the year of your birth is 3,712,697,742. (U.S. Census Bureau)
The number-one hit song in the U.S. at the day of your birth was Raindrops Keep Fallin’ on My Head by B.J. Thomas as compiled by Billboard Hot 100 (January 17, 1970). Ask your parents if they know this popular song.
I do not know how you feel about this, but you were a male ♂ in your last earthly incarnation. You were born somewhere around the territory of Turkey approximately on 575. Your profession was librarian, priest, keeper of tribal relics.
Your brief psychological profile in that past life: You always liked to travel, to investigate, could have been detective or spy.
Lessons that your last past life brought to present: Your lesson – development and expansion of your mental consciousness. Find good teacher, spend a part of your time and energy on his wisdom.
Can you remember who you were?
Base on the data published by the United Nations Population Division, an estimated 121,504,132 babies were born throughout the world in the year 1970. The estimated number of babies born on 17th January 1970 is 332,888. That’s equivalent to 231 babies every minute. Try to imagine if all of them are crying at the same time.
In the United States, the most popular baby name is Jennifer. This name was given to 46,157 baby girls. For the boys it’s Michael. This name was recorded 85,303 times in the year 1970. Any chance you are Jennifer or Michael? (Source: ssa.gov)
Here’s a quick list of all the fun birthday facts about January 17, 1970. Celebrities, famous birthdays, historical events, and past life were excluded.
- Day index: 17th day of 1970
- Day of week: Saturday
- Day of week birthstone: Turquoise
- Week index: 3rd Saturday of 1970
- Next same calendar year: 2026
- Day of week this year: Thursday
- Day of week next year: Friday
- Day of week in 2021: Sunday
- Days until next birthday: 328 days
- Age on next birthday: 50 years old
- Days since birth: 17,934 days
- Days spent sleeping: 5,978 days
- Years spent sleeping: 16.37 years
- Part of life spent sleeping: 33%
- Full moons since birth: 608
- Next full moon: March 21 at 01:44:00 GMT – Thursday
- First one billion seconds: Sometime on September 25, 2001
- Age in dog years: 240 dog years old using a German Shorthaired Pointer breed
- Life path number and meaning: 8 – It represents experience, authority and endeavour. You are gifted with natural leadership and the capacity to accumulate great wealth.
- Western zodiac sign: Capricorn ♑ (The Sea-goat)
- Western zodiac element: Earth
- Western zodiac sign quality: Cardinal
- Western zodiac ruling planet: Saturn – the planet of discipline
- Western zodiac gemstone: Ruby
- Eastern zodiac animal: Rooster
- Eastern zodiac element: Earth
- Modern birthstone: Garnet
- Mystical birthstone: Emerald (based on Tibetan origin)
- Birth flower: Carnation for friendship
- Best compatible birthday: May 11, 1941 (+189)
- Worst compatible birthday: July 22, 1954 (-150)
- 1970 world population: 3,712,697,742
- Number one song: Raindrops Keep Fallin’ on My Head by B.J. Thomas (January 17, 1970)
- Babies born in 1970: 121,504,132
- Babies born in 1970 every day: 332,888
- Babies born in 1970 every minute: 231
- Popular girl’s name: Jennifer – 46,157 babies
- Popular boy’s name: Michael – 85,303 babies
Try another birth date of someone you know or try the birthday of these celebrities: September 27, 1948 – Michele Dotrice, English actress; January 9, 1915 – Fernando Lamas, Argentinian-American actor, singer, and director (d. 1982); April 10, 1952 – Steven Seagal, American actor, producer, and martial artist.
Don’t forget to share the info with your friends, loved ones, or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.
Word count: 1,797