Here are some snazzy birthday facts about 12th of May 1988 that no one tells you about. Don’t wait a minute longer and jump in using the content links below. Average read time of 11 minutes. Enjoy!
May 12, 1988 was a Thursday and it was the 133rd day of the year 1988. It was the 19th Thursday of that year. The next time you can reuse your old 1988 calendar will be in 2044. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a lunisolar calendar.
The day of the week of your birthday this year was Sunday. Next year it will be Tuesday and two years from now it will be Wednesday. You can check the calendars below if you’re planning what to do on your birthday.
There are 327 days left before your next birthday. You will be 32 years old when that day comes. There have been 11,361 days from the day you were born up to today. If you’ve been sleeping 8 hours daily since birth, then you have slept a total of 3,787 days or 10.37 years. You spent 33% of your life sleeping. Since night and day always follow each other, there were precisely 385 full moons after you were born up to this day. How many of them did you see? The next full moon that you can see will be on July 16 at 21:40:00 GMT – Tuesday.
Fun stat: Your first one billion seconds (1,000,000,000) will happen sometime on January 19, 2020.
If a dog named Boeing - a Finnish Spitz breed, was born on the same date as you then it will be 159 dog years old today. A dog’s first human year is equal to 15 dog years. Dogs age differently depending on breed and size. When you reach the age of 6 Boeing will be 42 dog years old. From that point forward a medium-sized dog like Boeing will age 4.5 dog years for every human year.
Wanna share this info in social media? Make sure to take a screenshot first. Dog name and breed are randomly generated. Try reloading this page to see a new pet name and a different breed.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
You might be happy to know that the following celebrities share your birthday. The list was randomly chosen and arranged in chronological order.
- 1900Helene Weigel
- 1903Wilfrid Hyde-White
- 1904Eiji Nakano
- 1928Henry Cosby
- 1943Linda Dano
- 1958Eric Singer
- 1967Joe McKinney
- 1968Tony Hawk
- 1981Erica Campbell
- 1995Kenton Duty
View the complete list of May 12 celebrity birthdays.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Just for fun! Try your love match score with anyone. Even officemates, schoolmates, or find out the score for your parents and relatives. Don’t limit yourself – you can also pair yourself with any celebrity. It’s a FREE report. Nothing to buy!
Here’s a short list of famous people in history who were born on May 12.
- 1622Louis de Buade de Frontenac, French-Canadian soldier and politician, 3rd Governor General of New France (d. 1698)
- 1626Louis Hennepin, Flemish priest and missionary (d. 1705)
- 1670Augustus II the Strong, Polish king (d. 1733)
- 1739Johann Baptist Wanhal, Czech-Austrian organist and composer (d. 1813)
- 1916Albert Murray, American author and critic (d. 2013)
- 1955Kix Brooks, American singer-songwriter, producer, and actor (Brooks & Dunn)
- 1961Thomas Dooley, German-American soccer player and manager
- 1976Kardinal Offishall, Canadian rapper and producer, co-founded Black Jays
- 1979Aaron Yoo, American actor
- 1992Malcolm David Kelley, American actor and singer (MKTO)
View the complete list of May 12 famous birthdays.
What no one tells you about the hidden secrets of your first name. Are there magical powers in your given name? Every name has a character and personality. Get smart with name meanings. Find out what your name means! (Sponsored link)
These were the events that made history that coincide with your birthday.
- 1510The Prince of Anhua rebellion begins when Zhu Zhifan kills all the officials invited to a banquet and declares his intent on ousting the powerful Ming dynasty eunuch Liu Jin during the reign of the Zhengde Emperor.
- 1551National University of San Marcos, the oldest university in the Americas, is founded in Lima, Peru.
- 1863American Civil War: Battle of Raymond: Two divisions of James B. McPherson’s XVII Corps turn the left wing of Confederate General John C. Pemberton’s defensive line on Fourteen Mile Creek, opening up the interior of Mississippi to the Union Army during the Vicksburg Campaign.
- 1870The Manitoba Act is given the Royal Assent, paving the way for Manitoba to become a province of Canada on July 15.
- 1955Austria regains its independence as the Allied occupation following World War II ends.
- 1955Nineteen days after bus workers went on strike in Singapore, rioting breaks out and seriously impacts Singapore’s bid for independence.
- 1965The Soviet spacecraft Luna 5 crashes on the Moon.
- 1989The San Bernardino train disaster kills four people. A week later an underground gasoline pipeline explodes killing two more people.
- 1998Four students are shot at Trisakti University, leading to widespread riots and the fall of Suharto
- 2007Riots in which over 50 people are killed and over 100 are injured take place in Karachi upon the arrival in town of the Chief Justice of Pakistan Iftikhar Muhammad Chaudhry.
View the complete list of May 12 historical events.
Curious about this Creme-filled Choco? This is a party item you can activate and send to your friends when you play the free game Jump Birthday Party. It’s a fun and easy-to-play mobile game for all ages. Get free 1,000 gold coins when you download today!
Your birthday numbers 5, 12, and 1988 reveal that your Life Path number is 7. It represents analysis, awareness and understanding. You are the searcher and the seeker of the truth.
The following celebrities also have the same life path number: Alvin Stardust, Nick Stabile, Elle Macpherson, Kim Hyun-joo, Jenni Rivera, Richard Marner, Katie Mitchell, Joe Williams, Klavdiya Shulzhenko, Lola Albright.
The Western zodiac or sun sign of a person born on May 12 is Taurus ♉ (The Bull) – a fixed sign with Earth as Western element. The ruling planet is Venus – the planet of love and beauty. According to the ancient art of Chinese astrology (or Eastern zodiac), Dragon is the mythical animal and Earth is the Eastern element of a person born on May 12, 1988.
Emerald is the modern birthstone for the month of May while Sapphire is the mystical birth stone (based on Tibetan origin). The zodiac gemstone for Taurus is sapphire. Lastly, the birthday stone for the day of the week ‘Thursday’ is sapphire.
Fun fact: The birth flower for 12th May 1988 is Lily of the Valley for purity.
When it comes to love and relationship, you are most compatible with a person born on February 19, 1992. You have a Love Match compatibility score of +132. Imagine being in love with your soul mate. On the negative side, you are most incompatible with a person born on June 30, 1974. Your incompatibility score is -183. You’ll be like a cat and a dog on a love-hate relationship. Arf-arf, I want to bite you. Meow-meow, stay away from me!
Did someone send you this link? Here’s a birthday wish just for you! Don’t forget to thank the kind soul who sent you this ninja page.
TIP: Click the image above if you want to save the high quality version for posting to social media like Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest. You can also get a new random wish if you want to (the page will reload).
In a room of 23 people there’s a 50% chance of two individuals having the same birthday (month and day only and not a leap year). The chance increases to 99.9% if there are 70 people in the room. You need at least 253 people in the room if you want someone to have the same birthday as you with 50% probability. This is called the birthday paradox or birthday problem. Try it out on your classroom, office, or sports team and confirm how many people share the same birthday.
Fun stat: The world population in the year of your birth is 5,114,557,167. (U.S. Census Bureau)
The number-one hit song in the U.S. at the day of your birth was Anything for You by Gloria Estefan and Miami Sound Machine as compiled by Billboard Hot 100 (May 14, 1988). Ask your parents if they know this popular song.
I do not know how you feel about this, but you were a female ♀ in your last earthly incarnation. You were born somewhere around the territory of Yukon approximately on 1325. Your profession was leader, major, captain.
Your brief psychological profile in that past life: Timid, constrained, quiet person. You had creative talents, waited until that life to be liberated. Sometimes environment considered you strange.
Lessons that your last past life brought to present: Your main task – to make the world more beautiful. Physical and spiritual deserts are just waiting for your touch. Keep smiling!
Can you remember who you were?
Base on the data published by the United Nations Population Division, an estimated 139,142,510 babies were born throughout the world in the year 1988. The estimated number of babies born on 12th May 1988 is 380,171. That’s equivalent to 264 babies every minute. Try to imagine if all of them are crying at the same time.
In the United States, the most popular baby name is Jessica. This name was given to 51,538 baby girls. For the boys it’s Michael. This name was recorded 64,133 times in the year 1988. Any chance you are Jessica or Michael? (Source: ssa.gov)
What’s your bizarre Florida Man story? The #FloridaManChallenge is breaking the Internet and social media. Some crazy men, women, or creatures from the Sunshine State are making headlines every day of the year including your birthday. Try this fun exercise. Pick your search engine of choice and type in “florida man May 12” and see what kind of wild news headline you will get. This viral craze started in 2013 and gets resurrected now and then. The latest was from Tumblr and found its way to Twitter. As they say, the rest is history.
Here’s a quick list of all the fun birthday facts about May 12, 1988. Celebrities, famous birthdays, historical events, and past life were excluded.
- Day index: 133rd day of 1988
- Day of week: Thursday
- Day of week birthstone: Sapphire
- Week index: 19th Thursday of 1988
- Next same calendar year: 2044
- Day of week this year: Sunday
- Day of week next year: Tuesday
- Day of week in 2021: Wednesday
- Days until next birthday: 327 days
- Age on next birthday: 32 years old
- Days since birth: 11,361 days
- Days spent sleeping: 3,787 days
- Years spent sleeping: 10.37 years
- Part of life spent sleeping: 33%
- Full moons since birth: 385
- Next full moon: July 16 at 21:40:00 GMT – Tuesday
- First one billion seconds: Sometime on January 19, 2020
- Age in dog years: 159 dog years old using a Finnish Spitz breed
- Life path number and meaning: 7 – It represents analysis, awareness and understanding. You are the searcher and the seeker of the truth.
- Western zodiac sign: Taurus ♉ (The Bull)
- Western zodiac element: Earth
- Western zodiac sign quality: Fixed
- Western zodiac ruling planet: Venus – the planet of love and beauty
- Western zodiac gemstone: Sapphire
- Eastern zodiac animal: Dragon
- Eastern zodiac element: Earth
- Modern birthstone: Emerald
- Mystical birthstone: Sapphire (based on Tibetan origin)
- Birth flower: Lily of the Valley for purity
- Best compatible birthday: February 19, 1992 (+132)
- Worst compatible birthday: June 30, 1974 (-183)
- 1988 world population: 5,114,557,167
- Number one song: Anything for You by Gloria Estefan and Miami Sound Machine (May 14, 1988)
- Babies born in 1988: 139,142,510
- Babies born in 1988 every day: 380,171
- Babies born in 1988 every minute: 264
- Popular girl’s name: Jessica – 51,538 babies
- Popular boy’s name: Michael – 64,133 babies
Try another birth date of someone you know or try the birthday of these celebrities: June 22, 1952 – Alastair Stewart, English journalist and actor; August 6, 1927 – Inga Landgré, Swedish actress; June 2, 1969 – Cy Chadwick, English actor and producer.
Don’t forget to share the info with your friends, loved ones, or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.
Word count: 2,140