Here are some snazzy birthday facts about 12th of August 1961 that no one tells you about. Don’t wait a minute longer and jump in using the content links below. Average read time of 5 minutes. Enjoy!
August 12, 1961 was a Saturday and it was the 224th day of the year 1961. The next time you can reuse your old 1961 calendar will be in 2017. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a lunisolar calendar.
The day of the week of your birthday this year is Saturday. Next year it will be Sunday and two years from now it will be Monday. You can check the calendars below if you’re planning what to do on your birthday.
There are 168 days left before your next birthday. You will be 56 years old when that day comes. There have been 20,286 days from the day you were born up to today. Since night and day always follow each other, there were exactly 687 full moons after you were born up to this day. How many of them did you see? The next full moon that you can see will be on March 12 at 14:55:00 GMT – Sunday.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
You might be happy to know that the following celebrities share your birthday. The list was randomly chosen and arranged in chronological order.
- 1720Konrad Ekhof
- 1910Jane Wyatt
- 1949Alex Naumik
- 1949Lou Martin
- 1956Bruce Greenwood
- 1965Peter Krause
- 1971Rebecca Gayheart
- 1972Demir Demirkan
- 1980Jade Villalon
- 1984Martin Goeres
View the complete list of celebrity birthdays for August 12.
Here’s a short list of famous people in history who were born on Aug 12.
- 1891C. E. M. Joad, English philosopher and academic (d. 1953)
- 1904Alexei Nikolaevich, Tsarevich of Russia (d. 1918)
- 1917Oliver Crawford, American screenwriter and author (d. 2008)
- 1929Buck Owens, American singer-songwriter and guitarist (The Buckaroos) (d. 2006)
- 1941Réjean Ducharme, Canadian author and playwright
- 1949Mark Knopfler, Scottish-English singer-songwriter, guitarist, and producer (Dire Straits and The Notting Hillbillies)
- 1963Kōji Kitao, Japanese sumo wrestler, the 60th Yokozuna
- 1965Peter Krause, American actor and producer
- 1980Dominique Swain, American actress
- 1981Tony Capaldi, Norwegian-Northern Irish footballer
View the complete list of famous birthdays for August 12.
These were the events that made history that coincide with your birthday.
- 1323Signature of the Treaty of Nöteborg between Sweden and Novgorod (Russia), that regulates the border between the two countries for the first time.
- 1687Battle of Mohács: Charles of Lorraine defeats the Ottoman Empire.
- 1898The Hawaiian flag is lowered from ʻIolani Palace in an elaborate annexation ceremony and replaced with the flag of the United States to signify the transfer of sovereignty from the Republic of Hawaii to the United States.
- 1914World War I: The United Kingdom declares war on Austria-Hungary; the countries of the British Empire follow suit.
- 1944Alençon is liberated by General Philippe Leclerc de Hauteclocque, the first city in France to be liberated from the Nazis by French forces.
- 1960Echo 1A, NASA’s first successful communications satellite, is launched.
- 1969Violence erupts after the Apprentice Boys of Derry march in Derry, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom resulting in a three-day communal riot known as the Battle of the Bogside.
- 1976Between 1,000 and 3,500 Palestinians are killed in the Tel al-Zaatar massacre, one of the bloodiest events of the Lebanese Civil War
- 1978The Treaty of Peace and Friendship between Japan and the People’s Republic of China is signed.
- 1981The IBM Personal Computer is released.
View the complete list of historical events for August 12.
Curious about this Lime Green Buttercream? This is a party item you can activate and send to your friends when you play the free game Jump Birthday Party. It’s a fun and easy-to-play mobile game for all ages. Get free 1,000 gold coins when you download today!
Your birthday numbers 8, 12 and 1961 reveal that your Life Path number is 1. It represents initiative, potential and singularity. You are a born leader. You insist on your right to make up your own mind; you demand freedom of thought and action.
The following celebrities also have the same life path number: Richard Biggs, Anna Fegi, Wayne Northrop, Elizabeth Hurley, Bill Todman, William A. Wellman, Bob Gale, Phill Lewis, Rachael Harris, Daisy Lowe.
The zodiac sign of a person born on August 12 is Leo ♌. According to the ancient art of Chinese astrology (or Chinese zodiac), Ox is the mythical animal and Metal is the element of a person born on August 12, 1961.
Peridot is the modern birthstone for the month of August while Diamond is the mystical birth stone (based on Tibetan origin). The zodiac gemstone for Leo is onyx. Lastly, the birthday stone for the day of the week ‘Saturday’ is turquoise.
The number-one hit song in the U.S. at the day of your birth was Tossin’ and Turnin’ by Bobby Lewis as compiled by Billboard Hot 100 (August 14, 1961). Ask your parents if they know this popular song.
Try another birth date of someone you know or try the birthday of these celebrities: June 22, 1946 – Eliades Ochoa, Cuban singer-songwriter, guitarist, and producer (Cuarteto Patria); May 27, 1974 – Skye Edwards, British singer-songwriter (Morcheeba); June 7, 1958 – Prince, American singer-songwriter, guitarist, producer, and actor (The Revolution and The New Power Generation).
Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.
Word count: 976