Here are some snazzy birthday facts about 16th of August 1961 that no one tells you about. Don’t wait a minute longer and jump in using the content links below. Average read time of 5 minutes. Enjoy!
August 16, 1961 was a Wednesday and it was the 228th day of the year 1961. The next time you can reuse your old 1961 calendar will be in 2017. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a lunisolar calendar.
The day of the week of your birthday this year is Wednesday. Next year it will be Thursday and two years from now it will be Friday. You can check the calendars below if you’re planning what to do on your birthday.
There are 170 days left before your next birthday. You will be 56 years old when that day comes. There have been 20,284 days from the day you were born up to today. Since night and day always follow each other, there were exactly 687 full moons after you were born up to this day. How many of them did you see? The next full moon that you can see will be on March 12 at 14:55:00 GMT – Sunday.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
You might be happy to know that the following celebrities share your birthday. The list was randomly chosen and arranged in chronological order.
- 1933Julie Newmar
- 1934John Standing
- 1934Pierre Richard
- 1940Bruce Beresford
- 1942Barbara George
- 1944Kevin Ayers
- 1969Kate Higgins
- 1970Saif Ali Khan
- 1987Kyal Marsh
- 1991Kwon Ri-se
View the complete list of celebrity birthdays for August 16.
Here’s a short list of famous people in history who were born on Aug 16.
- 1876Ivan Bilibin, Russian illustrator and stage designer (d. 1942)
- 1908William Keepers Maxwell, Jr., American author (d. 2000)
- 1913Menachem Begin, Belarusian-Israeli politician, 6th Prime Minister of Israel, Nobel Prize laureate (d. 1992)
- 1932Nawwaf bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, Saudi Arabian prince (d. 2015)
- 1934Ketty Lester, American singer and actress
- 1943Woody Peoples, American football player (d. 2010)
- 1950Jeff Thomson, Australian cricketer
- 1960Franz Welser-Möst, Austrian-American conductor and director
- 1979Monder Rizki, Belgian runner
- 1987Carey Price, Canadian ice hockey player
View the complete list of famous birthdays for August 16.
These were the events that made history that coincide with your birthday.
- 1513Battle of the Spurs (Battle of Guinegate): King Henry VIII of England and his Imperial allies defeat French Forces who are then forced to retreat.
- 1891The Basilica of San Sebastian in Manila, the first all-steel church in Asia, is officially inaugurated and blessed.
- 1918The Battle of Lake Baikal was fought between the Czechoslovak Legion and the Red Army.
- 1942World War II: The two-person crew of the U.S. naval blimp L-8 disappears without a trace on a routine anti-submarine patrol over the Pacific Ocean. The blimp drifts without her crew and crash-lands in Daly City, California.
- 1954The first issue of Sports Illustrated is published.
- 1960Cyprus gains its independence from the United Kingdom.
- 1966Vietnam War: The House Un-American Activities Committee begins investigations of Americans who have aided the Viet Cong. The committee intends to introduce legislation making these activities illegal. Anti-war demonstrators disrupt the meeting and 50 people are arrested.
- 1987Northwest Airlines Flight 255 a McDonnell Douglas MD-82 crashes after take off in Detroit, Michigan, killing 154 of the 155 on board, plus two people on the ground.
- 2013The ferry St. Thomas Aquinas collides with a cargo ship and sinks at Cebu, Philippines, killing 61 people and 59 others missing.
- 2015At least 22 people are dead following a suicide bombing in Punjab, Pakistan.
View the complete list of historical events for August 16.
Curious about this Royal Gift Box? This is a party item you can activate and send to your friends when you play the free game Jump Birthday Party. It’s a fun and easy-to-play mobile game for all ages. Get free 1,000 gold coins when you download today!
Your birthday numbers 8, 16 and 1961 reveal that your Life Path number is 5. It represents progress, adventure and opportunity. You possess the curiosity of a cat and long to experience all of life.
The following celebrities also have the same life path number: Ray Sawyer, Michael Biehn, Joan Fontaine, Dick Van Patten, Donnie Wahlberg, Jennifer Charles, T. J. Thyne, Ian Gomez, Vera Lynn, Ghetts.
The zodiac sign of a person born on August 16 is Leo ♌. According to the ancient art of Chinese astrology (or Chinese zodiac), Ox is the mythical animal and Metal is the element of a person born on August 16, 1961.
Peridot is the modern birthstone for the month of August while Diamond is the mystical birth stone (based on Tibetan origin). The zodiac gemstone for Leo is onyx. Lastly, the birthday stone for the day of the week ‘Wednesday’ is amethyst.
The number-one hit song in the U.S. at the day of your birth was Tossin’ and Turnin’ by Bobby Lewis as compiled by Billboard Hot 100 (August 21, 1961). Ask your parents if they know this popular song.
Try another birth date of someone you know or try the birthday of these celebrities: February 3, 1974 – Miriam Yeung, Hong Kong singer and actress; February 19, 1940 – Bobby Rogers, American singer-songwriter (The Miracles) (d. 2013); May 24, 1988 – Billy Gilman, American singer-songwriter.
Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.
Word count: 963