Here are some snazzy birthday facts about 16th of August 1961 that no one tells you about. Don’t wait a minute longer and jump in using the content links below. Average read time of 6 minutes. Enjoy!
August 16, 1961 was a Wednesday and it was the 228th day of the year 1961. The next time you can reuse your old 1961 calendar will be in 2017. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a lunisolar calendar.
The day of the week of your birthday this year was Wednesday. Next year it will be Thursday and two years from now it will be Friday. You can check the calendars below if you’re planning what to do on your birthday.
There are 361 days left before your next birthday. You will be 57 years old when that day comes. There have been 20,458 days from the day you were born up to today. Since night and day always follow each other, there were exactly 693 full moons after you were born up to this day. How many of them did you see? The next full moon that you can see will be on September 6 at 07:04:00 GMT – Wednesday.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get tips about your current relationship and how to improve it. Astrology reports to help you decide when to make yourself available for romantic or social activity. Get your love & romance reports or download free samples!
You might be happy to know that the following celebrities share your birthday. The list was randomly chosen and arranged in chronological order.
- 1910Mae Clarke
- 1927Lois Nettleton
- 1934Donnie Dunagan
- 1943Sharon Baird
- 1952Gianna Rolandi
- 1952Reginald VelJohnson
- 1953Kathie Lee Gifford
- 1970Saif Ali Khan
- 1994Tippy Dos Santos
- 2003Harvey Bautista
View the complete list of celebrity birthdays for August 16.
STOP! Are you ready to solve your biggest career problem? First, you need to find out what’s preventing you to move forward in your career. Unlock your potential for success with the Career Analysis report. Get a free sample – no obligation to buy!
Here’s a short list of famous people in history who were born on Aug 16.
- 1842Jakob Rosanes, Ukrainian-German mathematician, chess player, and academic (d. 1922)
- 1860Martin Hawke, 7th Baron Hawke, English-Scottish cricketer (d. 1938)
- 1888T. E. Lawrence, Welsh colonel and archaeologist (d. 1935)
- 1941Théoneste Bagosora, Rwandan soldier
- 1947Katharine Hamnett, English fashion designer
- 1957R. R. Patil, Indian lawyer and politician, Deputy Chief Minister of Maharashtra (d. 2015)
- 1962Steve Carell, American actor, director, producer, and screenwriter
- 1984Konstantin Vassiljev, Estonian footballer
- 1985Arden Cho, American model, actress, and singer
- 1986Shawn Pyfrom, American actor
View the complete list of famous birthdays for August 16.
What is in store for you this year? Let these forecasts and predictions help you succeed in life. Benefit from life changing events and know when they occur. Make everyday activities easier to handle. Get your Forecast Reports or download free samples!
These were the events that made history that coincide with your birthday.
- 1812War of 1812: American General William Hull surrenders Fort Detroit without a fight to the British Army.
- 1841U.S. President John Tyler vetoes a bill which called for the re-establishment of the Second Bank of the United States. Enraged Whig Party members riot outside the White House in the most violent demonstration on White House grounds in U.S. history.
- 1858U.S. President James Buchanan inaugurates the new transatlantic telegraph cable by exchanging greetings with Queen Victoria of the United Kingdom. However, a weak signal forces a shutdown of the service in a few weeks.
- 1920Polish–Soviet War: The Battle of Radzymin concludes; the Soviet Red Army is forced to turn away from Warsaw.
- 1930The first British Empire Games were opened in Hamilton, Ontario by the Governor General of Canada, the Viscount Willingdon.
- 1945The National Representatives’ Congress, the precursor of the current National Assembly of Vietnam, convenes in Sơn Dương.
- 1960Joseph Kittinger parachutes from a balloon over New Mexico at 102800 ft, setting three records that held until 2012: High-altitude jump, free fall, and highest speed by a human without an aircraft.
- 1966Vietnam War: The House Un-American Activities Committee begins investigations of Americans who have aided the Viet Cong. The committee intends to introduce legislation making these activities illegal. Anti-war demonstrators disrupt the meeting and 50 people are arrested.
- 2012South African police fatally shoot 34 miners and wound 78 more during an industrial dispute near Rustenburg.
- 2014The Summer Youth Olympics open in the Chinese city of Nanjing.
View the complete list of historical events for August 16.
Curious about this Brown Bubble Ball? This is a party item you can activate and send to your friends when you play the free game Jump Birthday Party. It’s a fun and easy-to-play mobile game for all ages. Get free 1,000 gold coins when you download today!
Your birthday numbers 8, 16 and 1961 reveal that your Life Path number is 5. It represents progress, adventure and opportunity. You possess the curiosity of a cat and long to experience all of life.
The following celebrities also have the same life path number: Jelena Karleuša, Basil Dearden, Dee Dee Warwick, Lee J. Cobb, Hanna Ralph, Lucas Cruikshank, Carmen Boni, Danica Thrall, Stacey Solomon, Roma Maffia.
The zodiac sign of a person born on August 16 is Leo ♌. According to the ancient art of Chinese astrology (or Chinese zodiac), Ox is the mythical animal and Metal is the element of a person born on August 16, 1961.
Hmmm... what do the stars have to say about you today? Get your daily Leo horoscope for free. Get a boost from the stars! Make today a great day for love, money, and career. Your horoscope is available in daily, weekly, monthly, and even yearly format.
Peridot is the modern birthstone for the month of August while Diamond is the mystical birth stone (based on Tibetan origin). The zodiac gemstone for Leo is onyx. Lastly, the birthday stone for the day of the week ‘Wednesday’ is amethyst.
The number-one hit song in the U.S. at the day of your birth was Tossin’ and Turnin’ by Bobby Lewis as compiled by Billboard Hot 100 (August 21, 1961). Ask your parents if they know this popular song.
Try another birth date of someone you know or try the birthday of these celebrities: May 14, 1982 – Beardyman, English singer; May 18, 1999 – Laura Omloop, Belgian singer-songwriter; June 21, 1938 – Eddie Adcock, American singer and banjo player (The Country Gentlemen).
Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.
Word count: 1,141