Here are some snazzy birthday facts about 16th of August 1961 that no one tells you about. Don’t wait a minute longer and jump in using the content links below. Average read time of 5 minutes. Enjoy!
August 16, 1961 was a Wednesday and it was the 228th day of the year 1961. The next time you can reuse your old 1961 calendar will be in 2017. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a lunisolar calendar.
The day of the week of your birthday this year is Wednesday. Next year it will be Thursday and two years from now it will be Friday. You can check the calendars below if you’re planning what to do on your birthday.
There are 84 days left before your next birthday. You will be 56 years old when that day comes. There have been 20,370 days from the day you were born up to today. Since night and day always follow each other, there were exactly 690 full moons after you were born up to this day. How many of them did you see? The next full moon that you can see will be on June 9 at 13:11:00 GMT – Friday.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
You might be happy to know that the following celebrities share your birthday. The list was randomly chosen and arranged in chronological order.
- 1927Lois Nettleton
- 1934John Standing
- 1934Pierre Richard
- 1958Angela Bassett
- 1972Emily Robison
- 1977Tamer Hosny
- 1987Kyal Marsh
- 1991Evanna Lynch
- 1991Kwon Ri-se
View the complete list of celebrity birthdays for August 16.
Here’s a short list of famous people in history who were born on Aug 16.
- 1860Jules Laforgue, Uruguayan-French poet and author (d. 1887)
- 1892Otto Messmer, American cartoonist and animator, co-created Felix the Cat (d. 1983)
- 1925Willie Jones, American baseball player (d. 1983)
- 1941Théoneste Bagosora, Rwandan soldier
- 1942Barbara George, American singer-songwriter (d. 2006)
- 1950Jeff Thomson, Australian cricketer
- 1957Tim Farriss, Australian guitarist (INXS)
- 1958Oscar Collodo, Swiss-Italian rugby player and coach
- 1982Tomohiro Ito, Japanese sprinter
- 1983Nikolaos Zisis, Greek basketball player
View the complete list of famous birthdays for August 16.
These were the events that made history that coincide with your birthday.
- 1513Battle of the Spurs (Battle of Guinegate): King Henry VIII of England and his Imperial allies defeat French Forces who are then forced to retreat.
- 1812War of 1812: American General William Hull surrenders Fort Detroit without a fight to the British Army.
- 1819Peterloo Massacre: Seventeen people die and over 600 are injured in cavalry charges at a public meeting at St. Peter’s Field, Manchester, England.
- 1841U.S. President John Tyler vetoes a bill which called for the re-establishment of the Second Bank of the United States. Enraged Whig Party members riot outside the White House in the most violent demonstration on White House grounds in U.S. history.
- 1859The Tuscan National Assembly formally deposes the House of Habsburg-Lorraine.
- 1896Skookum Jim Mason, George Carmack and Dawson Charlie discover gold in a tributary of the Klondike River in Canada, setting off the Klondike Gold Rush.
- 1929The 1929 Palestine riots break out in Mandatory Palestine between Palestinian Arabs and Jews and continue until the end of the month. In total, 133 Jews and 116 Arabs are killed.
- 1930The first British Empire Games were opened in Hamilton, Ontario by the Governor General of Canada, the Viscount Willingdon.
- 1946The All Hyderabad Trade Union Congress is founded in Secunderabad.
- 1989A solar flare from the Sun creates a geomagnetic storm that affects micro chips, leading to a halt of all trading on Toronto’s stock market.
View the complete list of historical events for August 16.
Curious about this Flamboyant Pink Kokoro? This is a party item you can activate and send to your friends when you play the free game Jump Birthday Party. It’s a fun and easy-to-play mobile game for all ages. Get free 1,000 gold coins when you download today!
Your birthday numbers 8, 16 and 1961 reveal that your Life Path number is 5. It represents progress, adventure and opportunity. You possess the curiosity of a cat and long to experience all of life.
The following celebrities also have the same life path number: Candela Peña, Alexa Goddard, Rosa Blasi, John Berg, Musa Uzunlar, Richard Herd, Arthur Penn, Ian Gomez, Dorothy Provine, Charlie Hunnam.
The zodiac sign of a person born on August 16 is Leo ♌. According to the ancient art of Chinese astrology (or Chinese zodiac), Ox is the mythical animal and Metal is the element of a person born on August 16, 1961.
Peridot is the modern birthstone for the month of August while Diamond is the mystical birth stone (based on Tibetan origin). The zodiac gemstone for Leo is onyx. Lastly, the birthday stone for the day of the week ‘Wednesday’ is amethyst.
The number-one hit song in the U.S. at the day of your birth was Tossin’ and Turnin’ by Bobby Lewis as compiled by Billboard Hot 100 (August 21, 1961). Ask your parents if they know this popular song.
Try another birth date of someone you know or try the birthday of these celebrities: February 17, 1961 – Panna Rittikrai, Thai actor, director, and stuntman (d. 2014); June 5, 1974 – Chad Allen, American actor and producer; January 8, 1929 – Saeed Jaffrey, Indian-English actor.
Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.
Word count: 970