Here are some snazzy birthday facts about 17th of August 1962 that no one tells you about. Don’t wait a minute longer and jump in using the content links below. Average read time of 11 minutes. Enjoy!
August 17, 1962 was a Friday and it was the 229th day of the year 1962. It was the 33rd Friday of that year. The next time you can reuse your old 1962 calendar will be in 2029. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a lunisolar calendar.
The day of the week of your birthday this year is Tuesday. Next year it will be Wednesday and two years from now it will be Thursday. You can check the calendars below if you’re planning what to do on your birthday.
There are 163 days left before your next birthday. You will be 59 years old when that day comes. There have been 21,387 days from the day you were born up to today. If you’ve been sleeping 8 hours daily since birth, then you have slept a total of 7,129 days or 19.52 years. You spent 33% of your life sleeping. Since night and day always follow each other, there were precisely 724 full moons after you were born up to this day. How many of them did you see? The next full moon that you can see will be on March 28 at 18:50:00 GMT – Sunday.
Fun stat: Your first one billion seconds (1,000,000,000) happened sometime on April 25, 1994.
If a dog named Looper - a Miniature Pinscher breed, was born on the same date as you then it will be 252 dog years old today. A dog’s first human year is equal to 15 dog years. Dogs age differently depending on breed and size. When you reach the age of 6 Looper will be 40 dog years old. From that point forward a small-sized dog like Looper will age 4 dog years for every human year.
Wanna share this info in social media? Make sure to take a screenshot first. Dog name and breed are randomly generated. Try reloading this page to see a new pet name and a different breed.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
You might be happy to know that the following celebrities share your birthday. The list was randomly chosen and arranged in chronological order.
- 1866Julia Marlowe
- 1893Mae West
- 1936Floyd Red Crow Westerman
- 1942Khagen Mahanta
- 1946Martha Coolidge
- 1962Gilby Clarke
- 1971Ed Motta
- 1978Vibeke Stene
- 1986Bryton James
- 1996Ella Cruz
View the complete list of August 17 celebrity birthdays.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Just for fun! Try your love match score with anyone. Even officemates, schoolmates, or find out the score for your parents and relatives. Don’t limit yourself – you can also pair yourself with any celebrity. It’s a FREE report. Nothing to buy!
Here’s a short list of famous people in history who were born on Aug 17.
- 1840Wilfrid Scawen Blunt, English poet and activist (d. 1922)
- 1888Monty Woolley, American actor and singer (d. 1963)
- 1894William Rootes, 1st Baron Rootes, English businessman, founded Rootes Group (d. 1964)
- 1923Larry Rivers, American painter and sculptor (d. 2002)
- 1926Jiang Zemin, Chinese engineer and politician, 5th President of the People’s Republic of China
- 1938Theodoros Pangalos, Greek lawyer and politician, Deputy Prime Minister of Greece
- 1949Julian Fellowes, Egyptian-English actor, director, screenwriter, and politician
- 1961Larry B. Scott, American actor, director, and producer
- 1964Maria McKee, American singer-songwriter (Lone Justice)
- 1970Øyvind Leonhardsen, Norwegian footballer and coach
View the complete list of August 17 famous birthdays.
Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters QFASOJKNIOTJ? Check your answers here: Word search QFASOJKNIOTJ. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
These were the events that made history that coincide with your birthday.
- 1498Cesare Borgia, son of Pope Alexander VI, becomes the first person in history to resign the cardinalate. On the same day, King Louis XII of France names him Duke of Valentinois.
- 1723Ioan Giurgiu Patachi becomes Bishop of Făgăraș and is festively installed in his position at the St. Nicolas Cathedral in Făgăraș, after being formally confirmed earlier by Pope Clement XI.
- 1864American Civil War: Battle of Gainesville: Confederate forces defeat Union troops near Gainesville, Florida.
- 1866The Grand Duchy of Baden announces her withdrawal from the German Confederation and signs a treaty of peace and alliance with Prussia.
- 1914World War I: Battle of Stallupönen: The German army of General Hermann von François defeats the Russian force commanded by Paul von Rennenkampf near modern-day Nesterov, Russia.
- 1945Sukarno and Mohammad Hatta proclaim the independence of Indonesia, igniting the Indonesian National Revolution against the Dutch Empire.
- 1982The first Compact Discs (CDs) are released to the public in Germany.
- 2002The Act of Entrusting the World to the Divine Mercy and consecration of the sanctuary in Kraków-Łagiewniki by John Paul II.
- 2008American swimmer Michael Phelps becomes the first person to win eight gold medals in one Olympic Games.
- 2015A bomb explodes near the Erawan Shrine in Bangkok, Thailand, killing at least 19 people and injuring 123 others.
View the complete list of August 17 historical events.
Curious about this Green Apple Jelly Bear? This is a party item you can activate and send to your friends when you play the free game Jump Birthday Party. It’s a fun and easy-to-play mobile game for all ages. Get free 1,000 gold coins when you download today!
Your birthday numbers 8, 17, and 1962 reveal that your Life Path number is 7. It represents analysis, awareness and understanding. You are the searcher and the seeker of the truth.
The following celebrities also have the same life path number: Heather Hemmens, Daniel Seavey, Ryōko Hirosue, Kim Mitchell, Emma Samms, Greer Garson, John Goodman, Birol Ünel, Michal Yannai, H.R..
The Western zodiac or sun sign of a person born on August 17 is Leo ♌ (The Lion) – a fixed sign with Fire as Western element. The ruling planet is Sun – the center of our universe. According to the ancient art of Chinese astrology (or Eastern zodiac), Tiger is the mythical animal and Water is the Eastern element of a person born on August 17, 1962.
Peridot is the modern birthstone for the month of August while Diamond is the mystical birth stone (based on Tibetan origin). The zodiac gemstone for Leo is onyx. Lastly, the birthday stone for the day of the week ‘Friday’ is emerald.
Fun fact: The birth flower for 17th August 1962 is Poppy for preparedness.
When it comes to love and relationship, you are most compatible with a person born on November 4, 1989. You have a Birthday Compatibility score of +229. Imagine being in love with your soul mate. On the negative side, you are most incompatible with a person born on March 23, 1942. Your score is -149. You’ll be like a cat and a dog on a love-hate relationship. Arf-arf, I want to bite you. Meow-meow, stay away from me!
Did someone send you this link? Here’s a birthday wish just for you! Don’t forget to thank the kind soul who sent you this ninja page.
TIP: Click the image above if you want to save the high quality version for posting to social media like Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest. You can also get a new random wish if you want to (the page will reload).
In a room of 23 people there’s a 50% chance of two individuals having the same birthday (month and day only and not a leap year). The chance increases to 99.9% if there are 70 people in the room. You need at least 253 people in the room if you want someone to have the same birthday as you with 50% probability. This is called the birthday paradox or birthday problem. Try it out on your classroom, office, or sports team and confirm how many people share the same birthday.
Fun stat: The world population in the year of your birth is 3,140,093,217. (U.S. Census Bureau)
The number-one hit song in the U.S. at the day of your birth was Breaking Up Is Hard to Do by Neil Sedaka as compiled by Billboard Hot 100 (August 18, 1962). Ask your parents if they know this popular song.
I do not know how you feel about this, but you were a female ♀ in your last earthly incarnation. You were born somewhere around the territory of Spain approximately on 1350. Your profession was banker, usurer, moneylender, judge.
Your brief psychological profile in that past life: Natural talent of psychologist, you knew how to use the opportunities. Cold-blooded and calm in any situation.
Lessons that your last past life brought to present: Your problem – to learn determination and persistency. Every misfortune should crash upon your strong will.
Can you remember who you were?
Base on the data published by the United Nations Population Division, an estimated 111,558,191 babies were born throughout the world in the year 1962. The estimated number of babies born on 17th August 1962 is 305,639. That’s equivalent to 212 babies every minute. Try to imagine if all of them are crying at the same time.
In the United States, the most popular baby name is Lisa. This name was given to 46,080 baby girls. For the boys it’s Michael. This name was recorded 85,037 times in the year 1962. Any chance you are Lisa or Michael? (Source: ssa.gov)
What’s your bizarre Florida Man story? The #FloridaManChallenge is breaking the Internet and social media. Some crazy men, women, or creatures from the Sunshine State are making headlines every day of the year including your birthday. Try this fun exercise. Pick your search engine of choice and type in “florida man August 17” and see what kind of wild news headline you will get. This viral craze started in 2013 and gets resurrected now and then. The latest was from Tumblr and found its way to Twitter. As they say, the rest is history.
Your birthday in Roman numerals using DD.MM.YYYY notation is:
Here’s a quick list of all the fun birthday facts about August 17, 1962. Celebrities, famous birthdays, historical events, and past life were excluded.
- Day index: 229th day of 1962
- Day of week: Friday
- Day of week birthstone: Emerald
- Week index: 33rd Friday of 1962
- Next same calendar year: 2029
- Day of week this year: Tuesday
- Day of week next year: Wednesday
- Day of week in 2023: Thursday
- Days until next birthday: 163 days
- Age on next birthday: 59 years old
- Days since birth: 21,387 days
- Days spent sleeping: 7,129 days
- Years spent sleeping: 19.52 years
- Part of life spent sleeping: 33%
- Full moons since birth: 724
- Next full moon: March 28 at 18:50:00 GMT – Sunday
- First one billion seconds: Sometime on April 25, 1994
- Age in dog years: 252 dog years old using a Miniature Pinscher breed
- Life path number and meaning: 7 – It represents analysis, awareness and understanding. You are the searcher and the seeker of the truth.
- Western zodiac sign: Leo ♌ (The Lion)
- Western zodiac element: Fire
- Western zodiac sign quality: Fixed
- Western zodiac ruling planet: Sun – the center of our universe
- Western zodiac gemstone: Onyx
- Eastern zodiac animal: Tiger
- Eastern zodiac element: Water
- Modern birthstone: Peridot
- Mystical birthstone: Diamond (based on Tibetan origin)
- Birth flower: Poppy for preparedness
- Best compatible birthday: November 4, 1989 (+229)
- Worst compatible birthday: March 23, 1942 (-149)
- 1962 world population: 3,140,093,217
- Number one song: Breaking Up Is Hard to Do by Neil Sedaka (August 18, 1962)
- Babies born in 1962: 111,558,191
- Babies born in 1962 every day: 305,639
- Babies born in 1962 every minute: 212
- Popular girl’s name: Lisa – 46,080 babies
- Popular boy’s name: Michael – 85,037 babies
- Roman numerals: XVII.VIII.MCMLXII
Try another birth date of someone you know or try the birthday of these celebrities: October 3, 1949 – J. P. Dutta, Indian director, producer, and screenwriter; October 9, 1958 – Michael Paré, American actor; January 10, 1956 – Shawn Colvin, American singer-songwriter and guitarist.
Don’t forget to share the info with your friends, loved ones, or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.
Word count: 2,141