Here are some snazzy birthday facts about 18th of August 1939 that no one tells you about. Don’t wait a minute longer and jump in using the content links below. Average read time of 10 minutes. Enjoy!
August 18, 1939 was a Friday and it was the 230th day of the year 1939. It was the 33rd Friday of that year. The next time you can reuse your old 1939 calendar will be in 2023. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a lunisolar calendar.
The day of the week of your birthday this year is Tuesday. Next year it will be Wednesday and two years from now it will be Thursday. You can check the calendars below if you’re planning what to do on your birthday.
There are 37 days left before your next birthday. You will be 81 years old when that day comes. There have been 29,549 days from the day you were born up to today. If you’ve been sleeping 8 hours daily since birth, then you have slept a total of 9,850 days or 26.97 years. You spent 33% of your life sleeping. Since night and day always follow each other, there were precisely 1,001 full moons after you were born up to this day. How many of them did you see? The next full moon that you can see will be on August 3 at 16:00:00 GMT – Monday.
Fun stat: Your first one billion seconds (1,000,000,000) happened sometime on April 26, 1971.
If a dog named Mills - a Treeing Tennessee Brindle breed, was born on the same date as you then it will be 380 dog years old today. A dog’s first human year is equal to 15 dog years. Dogs age differently depending on breed and size. When you reach the age of 6 Mills will be 42 dog years old. From that point forward a medium-sized dog like Mills will age 4.5 dog years for every human year.
Wanna share this info in social media? Make sure to take a screenshot first. Dog name and breed are randomly generated. Try reloading this page to see a new pet name and a different breed.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
You might be happy to know that the following celebrities share your birthday. The list was randomly chosen and arranged in chronological order.
- 1916Don Keefer
- 1920Shelley Winters
- 1926John P. Finnegan
- 1939Harald Heide-Steen Jr.
- 1952Patrick Swayze
- 1966Sarita Choudhury
- 1971Jacob Vargas
- 1972Leo Ku
- 1979Mohib Mirza
- 1993Jung Eun-ji
View the complete list of August 18 celebrity birthdays.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Just for fun! Try your love match score with anyone. Even officemates, schoolmates, or find out the score for your parents and relatives. Don’t limit yourself – you can also pair yourself with any celebrity. It’s a FREE report. Nothing to buy!
Here’s a short list of famous people in history who were born on Aug 18.
- 1803Nathan Clifford, American lawyer, jurist, and politician, 19th United States Attorney General (d. 1881)
- 1819Grand Duchess Maria Nikolaevna of Russia (d. 1876)
- 1883Sidney Hatch, American runner and soldier (d. 1966)
- 1922Alain Robbe-Grillet, French director, screenwriter, and novelist (d. 2008)
- 1943Gianni Rivera, Italian footballer and politician
- 1957Denis Leary, American comedian, actor, producer, and screenwriter
- 1967Brian Michael Bendis, American author and illustrator
- 1980Bart Scott, American football player
- 1981Dimitris Salpingidis, Greek footballer
- 1985Julen Goikoetxea, Spanish cyclist (d. 2006)
View the complete list of August 18 famous birthdays.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Myrtle’s personality and get smart about names today. (Sponsored links)
These were the events that made history that coincide with your birthday.
- 1487The Siege of Málaga ends with the taking of the city by Castilian and Aragonese forces.
- 1587Virginia Dare, granddaughter of Governor John White of the Colony of Roanoke, becomes the first English child born in the Americas.
- 1848Camila O'Gorman and Ladislao Gutierrez are executed on the orders of Argentine dictator Juan Manuel de Rosas.
- 1877Asaph Hall discovers Martian moon Phobos.
- 1891Major hurricane strikes Martinique, leaving 700 dead.
- 1950Julien Lahaut, the chairman of the Communist Party of Belgium is assassinated by far-right elements.
- 1963American civil rights movement: James Meredith becomes the first black person to graduate from the University of Mississippi.
- 1965Vietnam War: Operation Starlite begins: United States Marines destroy a Viet Cong stronghold on the Van Tuong peninsula in the first major American ground battle of the war.
- 1977Steve Biko is arrested at a police roadblock under the Terrorism Act No. 83 of 1967 in King William’s Town, South Africa. He later dies from injuries sustained during this arrest bringing attention to South Africa’s apartheid policies.
- 2005A massive power blackout hits the Indonesian island of Java, affecting almost 100 million people, one of the largest and most widespread power outages in history.
View the complete list of August 18 historical events.
Curious about this Choco Drizzle Stratus? This is a party item you can activate and send to your friends when you play the free game Jump Birthday Party. It’s a fun and easy-to-play mobile game for all ages. Get free 1,000 gold coins when you download today!
Your birthday numbers 8, 18, and 1939 reveal that your Life Path number is 3. It represents vision, imagination and joy of living. You possess a great talent for creativity and self expression.
The following celebrities also have the same life path number: Anais Granofsky, Cedric the Entertainer, Māris Martinsons, Bruce Boa, Robert Mulligan, Nico Minardos, Meg Mundy, Veronica Hamel, Dee Wallace, David "Stringbean" Akeman.
The Western zodiac or sun sign of a person born on August 18 is Leo ♌ (The Lion) – a fixed sign with Fire as Western element. The ruling planet is Sun – the center of our universe. According to the ancient art of Chinese astrology (or Eastern zodiac), Rabbit is the mythical animal and Earth is the Eastern element of a person born on August 18, 1939.
Peridot is the modern birthstone for the month of August while Diamond is the mystical birth stone (based on Tibetan origin). The zodiac gemstone for Leo is onyx. Lastly, the birthday stone for the day of the week ‘Friday’ is emerald.
Fun fact: The birth flower for 18th August 1939 is Poppy for preparedness.
When it comes to love and relationship, you are most compatible with a person born on December 1, 1929. You have a Birthday Compatibility score of +141. Imagine being in love with your soul mate. On the negative side, you are most incompatible with a person born on February 13, 1964. Your score is -139. You’ll be like a cat and a dog on a love-hate relationship. Arf-arf, I want to bite you. Meow-meow, stay away from me!
Did someone send you this link? Here’s a birthday wish just for you! Don’t forget to thank the kind soul who sent you this ninja page.
TIP: Click the image above if you want to save the high quality version for posting to social media like Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest. You can also get a new random wish if you want to (the page will reload).
In a room of 23 people there’s a 50% chance of two individuals having the same birthday (month and day only and not a leap year). The chance increases to 99.9% if there are 70 people in the room. You need at least 253 people in the room if you want someone to have the same birthday as you with 50% probability. This is called the birthday paradox or birthday problem. Try it out on your classroom, office, or sports team and confirm how many people share the same birthday.
I do not know how you feel about this, but you were a female ♀ in your last earthly incarnation. You were born somewhere around the territory of Western Australia approximately on 1150. Your profession was teacher, mathematician, geologist.
Your brief psychological profile in that past life: Inquisitive, inventive, liked to get to the very bottom of things and to rummage in books. Talent for drama, natural born actor.
Lessons that your last past life brought to present: There is the invisible connection between material and spiritual world. Your lesson – to search, to find and to use this bridge.
Can you remember who you were?
In the United States, the most popular baby name is Mary. This name was given to 54,903 baby girls. For the boys it’s Robert. This name was recorded 59,645 times in the year 1939. Any chance you are Mary or Robert? (Source: ssa.gov)
What’s your bizarre Florida Man story? The #FloridaManChallenge is breaking the Internet and social media. Some crazy men, women, or creatures from the Sunshine State are making headlines every day of the year including your birthday. Try this fun exercise. Pick your search engine of choice and type in “florida man August 18” and see what kind of wild news headline you will get. This viral craze started in 2013 and gets resurrected now and then. The latest was from Tumblr and found its way to Twitter. As they say, the rest is history.
Your birthday in Roman numerals using DD.MM.YYYY notation is:
Here’s a quick list of all the fun birthday facts about August 18, 1939. Celebrities, famous birthdays, historical events, and past life were excluded.
- Day index: 230th day of 1939
- Day of week: Friday
- Day of week birthstone: Emerald
- Week index: 33rd Friday of 1939
- Next same calendar year: 2023
- Day of week this year: Tuesday
- Day of week next year: Wednesday
- Day of week in 2022: Thursday
- Days until next birthday: 37 days
- Age on next birthday: 81 years old
- Days since birth: 29,549 days
- Days spent sleeping: 9,850 days
- Years spent sleeping: 26.97 years
- Part of life spent sleeping: 33%
- Full moons since birth: 1,001
- Next full moon: August 3 at 16:00:00 GMT – Monday
- First one billion seconds: Sometime on April 26, 1971
- Age in dog years: 380 dog years old using a Treeing Tennessee Brindle breed
- Life path number and meaning: 3 – It represents vision, imagination and joy of living. You possess a great talent for creativity and self expression.
- Western zodiac sign: Leo ♌ (The Lion)
- Western zodiac element: Fire
- Western zodiac sign quality: Fixed
- Western zodiac ruling planet: Sun – the center of our universe
- Western zodiac gemstone: Onyx
- Eastern zodiac animal: Rabbit
- Eastern zodiac element: Earth
- Modern birthstone: Peridot
- Mystical birthstone: Diamond (based on Tibetan origin)
- Birth flower: Poppy for preparedness
- Best compatible birthday: December 1, 1929 (+141)
- Worst compatible birthday: February 13, 1964 (-139)
- Popular girl’s name: Mary – 54,903 babies
- Popular boy’s name: Robert – 59,645 babies
- Roman numerals: XVIII.VIII.MCMXXXIX
Try another birth date of someone you know or try the birthday of these celebrities: May 18, 1955 – Lena T. Hansson, Swedish actress and director; May 23, 1985 – Kanyeria, Kenyan songwriter and producer; August 31, 1955 – Aleksander Krupa, Polish-American actor.
Don’t forget to share the info with your friends, loved ones, or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.
Word count: 1,950