Here are some snazzy birthday facts about 2nd of August 1947 that no one tells you about. Don’t wait a minute longer and jump in using the content links below. Average read time of 9 minutes. Enjoy!
August 2, 1947 was a Saturday and it was the 214th day of the year 1947. It was the 31st Saturday of that year. The next time you can reuse your old 1947 calendar will be in 2025. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a lunisolar calendar.
The day of the week of your birthday this year was Wednesday. Next year it will be Friday and two years from now it will be Saturday. You can check the calendars below if you’re planning what to do on your birthday.
There are 315 days left before your next birthday. You will be 77 years old when that day comes. There have been 27,810 days from the day you were born up to today. If you’ve been sleeping 8 hours daily since birth, then you have slept a total of 9,270 days or 25.38 years. You spent 33% of your life sleeping. Since night and day always follow each other, there were precisely 942 full moons after you were born up to this day. How many of them did you see? The next full moon that you can see will be on September 29 at 09:58:00 GMT – Friday.
Fun stat: Your first one billion seconds (1,000,000,000) happened sometime on April 10, 1979.
If a dog named Spigle - a Swedish Vallhund breed, was born on the same date as you then it will be 362 dog years old today. A dog’s first human year is equal to 15 dog years. Dogs age differently depending on breed and size. When you reach the age of 6 Spigle will be 42 dog years old. From that point forward a medium-sized dog like Spigle will age 4.5 dog years for every human year.
Wanna share this info in social media? Make sure to take a screenshot first. Dog name and breed are randomly generated. Try reloading this page to see a new pet name and a different breed.
Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters WSNBESVOEU? Check your answers here: Make words with these letters WSNBESVOEU. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
You might be happy to know that the following celebrities share your birthday. The list was randomly chosen and arranged in chronological order.
- 1890Marin Sais
- 1932Peter O'Toole
- 1941Doris Coley
- 1948Andy Fairweather Low
- 1953Butch Patrick
- 1957Mojo Nixon
- 1958Shō Hayami
- 1964Mary-Louise Parker
- 1979Donna Air
- 1980Nadia Bjorlin
View the complete list of August 2 celebrity birthdays.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Just for fun! Try your love match score with anyone. Even officemates, schoolmates, or find out the score for your parents and relatives. Don’t limit yourself – you can also pair yourself with any celebrity. It’s a FREE report. Nothing to buy!
Here’s a short list of famous people in history who were born on Aug 2.
- 1696Mahmud I, Ottoman sultan (d. 1754)
- 1828Manuel Pavía y Rodríguez de Alburquerque, Spanish general (d. 1895)
- 1861Prafulla Chandra Ray, Bangladeshi chemist and academic (d. 1944)
- 1905Karl Amadeus Hartmann, German composer (d. 1963)
- 1940Will Tura, Belgian singer-songwriter and guitarist
- 1941Doris Coley, American singer (The Shirelles) (d. 2000)
- 1946James Howe, American journalist and author
- 1947Ruth Bakke, Norwegian organist and composer
- 1969Jan Axel Blomberg, Norwegian drummer and songwriter (Winds, Mayhem, and Arcturus)
- 1990Skylar Diggins, American basketball player
View the complete list of August 2 famous birthdays.
These were the events that made history that coincide with your birthday.
- 1610Henry Hudson sails into what is now known as Hudson Bay thinking he had made it through the Northwest Passage and reached the Pacific Ocean.
- 1869Japan’s samurai, farmer, artisan, merchant class system (Shinōkōshō) is abolished as part of the Meiji Restoration reforms. (Traditional Japanese date: June 25, 1869).
- 1873The Clay Street Hill Railroad begins operating the first cable car in San Francisco’s famous cable car system.
- 1903Fall of the Ottoman Empire: An unsuccessful uprising led by the Internal Macedonian Revolutionary Organization against Ottoman Turkey, also known as the Ilinden–Preobrazhenie Uprising, takes place.
- 1916World War I: Austrian sabotage causes the sinking of the Italian battleship Leonardo da Vinci in Taranto.
- 1922A typhoon hits Shantou, Republic of China killing more than 50,000 people.
- 1923Vice President Calvin Coolidge becomes U.S. President upon the death of President Warren G. Harding.
- 1939Albert Einstein and Leo Szilard write a letter to Franklin D. Roosevelt, urging him to begin the Manhattan Project to develop a nuclear weapon.
- 1945World War II: End of the Potsdam Conference.
- 1989Pakistan is re-admitted to the Commonwealth of Nations after having restored democracy for the first time since 1972.
View the complete list of August 2 historical events.
Curious about this Golden Creme Sandwich? This is a party item you can activate and send to your friends when you play the free game Jump Birthday Party. It’s a fun and easy-to-play mobile game for all ages. Get free 1,000 gold coins when you download today!
Your birthday numbers 8, 2, and 1947 reveal that your Life Path number is 4. It represents growth, building and foundation. You are practical, down to earth with strong ideas about right and wrong.
The following celebrities also have the same life path number: Leonard Rossiter, Kim Seul-gie, Julie Delpy, Mike Keneally, Toshiya, Alexandra Holden, Robert Newton, Akiko Kojima, Linn Berggren, James Arthur.
The Western zodiac or sun sign of a person born on August 2 is Leo ♌ (The Lion) – a fixed sign with Fire as Western element. The ruling planet is Sun – the center of our universe. According to the ancient art of Chinese astrology (or Eastern zodiac), Pig is the mythical animal and Fire is the Eastern element of a person born on August 2, 1947.
Peridot is the modern birthstone for the month of August while Diamond is the mystical birth stone (based on Tibetan origin). The zodiac gemstone for Leo is onyx. Lastly, the birthday stone for the day of the week ‘Saturday’ is turquoise.
Fun fact: The birth flower for 2nd August 1947 is Poppy for preparedness.
When it comes to love and relationship, you are most compatible with a person born on November 14, 1971. You have a Birthday Compatibility score of +220. Imagine being in love with your soul mate. On the negative side, you are most incompatible with a person born on January 28, 1958. Your score is -219. You’ll be like a cat and a dog on a love-hate relationship. Arf-arf, I want to bite you. Meow-meow, stay away from me!
Did someone send you this link? Here’s a birthday wish just for you! Don’t forget to thank the kind soul who sent you this ninja page.
TIP: Click the image above if you want to save the high quality version for posting to social media like Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest. You can also get a new random wish if you want to (the page will reload).
Q: What do you call a person who shares the same birthday?
A: Birthday twins – easy!
I do not know how you feel about this, but you were a female ♀ in your last earthly incarnation. You were born somewhere around the territory of North Europe approximately on 1200. Your profession was trainer, holder of the fine animals, birds, insects.
Your brief psychological profile in that past life: Revolutionary type. You inspired changes in any sphere — politics, business, religion, housekeeping. Could be a leader.
Lessons that your last past life brought to present: You are bound to solve problems regarding pollution of environment, recycling, misuse of raw materials, elimination of radioactivity by all means including psychological methods.
Can you remember who you were?
In the United States, the most popular baby name is Linda. This name was given to 99,686 baby girls. For the boys it’s James. This name was recorded 94,756 times in the year 1947. Any chance you are Linda or James? (Source: ssa.gov)
What’s your bizarre Florida Man story? The #FloridaManChallenge is breaking the Internet and social media. Some crazy men, women, or creatures from the Sunshine State are making headlines every day of the year including your birthday. Try this fun exercise. Pick your search engine of choice and type in “florida man August 2” and see what kind of wild news headline you will get. This viral craze started in 2013 and gets resurrected now and then. The latest was from Tumblr and found its way to Twitter. As they say, the rest is history.
Your birthday in Roman numerals using DD.MM.YYYY notation is:
Here’s a quick list of all the fun birthday facts about August 2, 1947. Celebrities, famous birthdays, historical events, and past life were excluded.
- Day index: 214th day of 1947
- Day of week: Saturday
- Day of week birthstone: Turquoise
- Week index: 31st Saturday of 1947
- Next same calendar year: 2025
- Day of week this year: Wednesday
- Day of week next year: Friday
- Day of week in 2025: Saturday
- Days until next birthday: 315 days
- Age on next birthday: 77 years old
- Days since birth: 27,810 days
- Days spent sleeping: 9,270 days
- Years spent sleeping: 25.38 years
- Part of life spent sleeping: 33%
- Full moons since birth: 942
- Next full moon: September 29 at 09:58:00 GMT – Friday
- First one billion seconds: Sometime on April 10, 1979
- Age in dog years: 362 dog years old using a Swedish Vallhund breed
- Life path number and meaning: 4 – It represents growth, building and foundation. You are practical, down to earth with strong ideas about right and wrong.
- Western zodiac sign: Leo ♌ (The Lion)
- Western zodiac element: Fire
- Western zodiac sign quality: Fixed
- Western zodiac ruling planet: Sun – the center of our universe
- Western zodiac gemstone: Onyx
- Eastern zodiac animal: Pig
- Eastern zodiac element: Fire
- Modern birthstone: Peridot
- Mystical birthstone: Diamond (based on Tibetan origin)
- Birth flower: Poppy for preparedness
- Best compatible birthday: November 14, 1971 (+220)
- Worst compatible birthday: January 28, 1958 (-219)
- Popular girl’s name: Linda – 99,686 babies
- Popular boy’s name: James – 94,756 babies
- Roman numerals: II.VIII.MCMXLVII
Try another birth date of someone you know or try the birthday of these celebrities: March 28, 1971 – Mr. Cheeks, American rapper (The Lost Boyz); June 13, 1996 – Kodi Smit-McPhee, Australian actor; September 28, 1968 – Trish Keenan, English singer-songwriter and guitarist (Broadcast) (d. 2011).
Don’t forget to share the info with your friends, loved ones, or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.
Word count: 1,850