Here are some snazzy birthday facts about 2nd of August 1947 that no one tells you about. Don’t wait a minute longer and jump in using the content links below. Average read time of 9 minutes. Enjoy!
August 2, 1947 was a Saturday and it was the 214th day of the year 1947. It was the 31st Saturday of that year. The next time you can reuse your old 1947 calendar will be in 2025. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a lunisolar calendar.
The day of the week of your birthday this year is Friday. Next year it will be Sunday and two years from now it will be Monday. You can check the calendars below if you’re planning what to do on your birthday.
There are 45 days left before your next birthday. You will be 72 years old when that day comes. There have been 26,253 days from the day you were born up to today. If you’ve been sleeping 8 hours daily since birth, then you have slept a total of 8,751 days or 23.96 years. You spent 33% of your life sleeping. Since night and day always follow each other, there were precisely 890 full moons after you were born up to this day. How many of them did you see? The next full moon that you can see will be on July 16 at 21:40:00 GMT – Tuesday.
Fun stat: Your first one billion seconds (1,000,000,000) happened sometime on April 10, 1979.
If a dog named Foxy Brown - a Glen of Imaal Terrier breed, was born on the same date as you then it will be 304 dog years old today. A dog’s first human year is equal to 15 dog years. Dogs age differently depending on breed and size. When you reach the age of 6 Foxy Brown will be 40 dog years old. From that point forward a small-sized dog like Foxy Brown will age 4 dog years for every human year.
Wanna share this info in social media? Make sure to take a screenshot first. Dog name and breed are randomly generated. Try reloading this page to see a new pet name and a different breed.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
You might be happy to know that the following celebrities share your birthday. The list was randomly chosen and arranged in chronological order.
- 1892Jack L. Warner
- 1912Palle Huld
- 1914Félix Leclerc
- 1937Garth Hudson
- 1938Paul Jenkins
- 1941Ede Staal
- 1956Isabel Pantoja
- 1961Cold 187um
- 1962Lee Mavers
- 1974Angie Cepeda
View the complete list of August 2 celebrity birthdays.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Just for fun! Try your love match score with anyone. Even officemates, schoolmates, or find out the score for your parents and relatives. Don’t limit yourself – you can also pair yourself with any celebrity. It’s a FREE report. Nothing to buy!
Here’s a short list of famous people in history who were born on Aug 2.
- 1941Doris Coley, American singer (The Shirelles) (d. 2000)
- 1942Juan Formell, Cuban singer-songwriter and bass player (Los Van Van) (d. 2014)
- 1947Lawrence Wright, American journalist, author, and screenwriter
- 1953Donnie Munro, Scottish singer and guitarist (Runrig)
- 1955Tim Dunigan, American actor
- 1955Tony Godden, English footballer and manager
- 1962Billy Kilson, American drummer
- 1975Ingrid Rubio, Spanish actress
- 1975Xu Huaiwen, Chinese-German badminton player and coach
- 1976Jay Heaps, American soccer player and coach
View the complete list of August 2 famous birthdays.
What no one tells you about the hidden secrets of your first name. Are there magical powers in your given name? Every name has a character and personality. Get smart with name meanings. Find out what your name means! (Sponsored link)
These were the events that made history that coincide with your birthday.
- 1377Russian troops are defeated in the Battle on Pyana River.
- 1790The first United States Census is conducted.
- 1870Tower Subway, the world’s first underground tube railway, opens in London, England, United Kingdom.
- 1916World War I: Austrian sabotage causes the sinking of the Italian battleship Leonardo da Vinci in Taranto.
- 1918The first general strike in Canadian history takes place in Vancouver.
- 1934Gleichschaltung: Adolf Hitler becomes Führer of Germany following the death of President Paul von Hindenburg.
- 1943Rebellion in the Nazi death camp of Treblinka.
- 1947A British South American Airways Avro Lancastrian airliner crashes into a mountain during a flight from Buenos Aires, Argentina to Santiago, Chile. The wreckage would not be found until 1998.
- 1989Pakistan is re-admitted to the Commonwealth of Nations after having restored democracy for the first time since 1972.
- 1998The Second Congo War begins.
View the complete list of August 2 historical events.
Curious about this Choco Strawberry? This is a party item you can activate and send to your friends when you play the free game Jump Birthday Party. It’s a fun and easy-to-play mobile game for all ages. Get free 1,000 gold coins when you download today!
Your birthday numbers 8, 2, and 1947 reveal that your Life Path number is 4. It represents growth, building and foundation. You are practical, down to earth with strong ideas about right and wrong.
The following celebrities also have the same life path number: Murray Gershenz, Dianna Agron, Bonnie Langford, Despina Olympiou, Henry Jones, Rani Mukerji, Robert Sweet, Peggy Wood, Trina, Edith Fellows.
The Western zodiac or sun sign of a person born on August 2 is Leo ♌ (The Lion) – a fixed sign with Fire as Western element. The ruling planet is Sun – the center of our universe. According to the ancient art of Chinese astrology (or Eastern zodiac), Pig is the mythical animal and Fire is the Eastern element of a person born on August 2, 1947.
Peridot is the modern birthstone for the month of August while Diamond is the mystical birth stone (based on Tibetan origin). The zodiac gemstone for Leo is onyx. Lastly, the birthday stone for the day of the week ‘Saturday’ is turquoise.
Fun fact: The birth flower for 2nd August 1947 is Poppy for preparedness.
When it comes to love and relationship, you are most compatible with a person born on November 14, 1971. You have a Love Match compatibility score of +220. Imagine being in love with your soul mate. On the negative side, you are most incompatible with a person born on January 28, 1958. Your incompatibility score is -219. You’ll be like a cat and a dog on a love-hate relationship. Arf-arf, I want to bite you. Meow-meow, stay away from me!
Did someone send you this link? Here’s a birthday wish just for you! Don’t forget to thank the kind soul who sent you this ninja page.
TIP: Click the image above if you want to save the high quality version for posting to social media like Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest. You can also get a new random wish if you want to (the page will reload).
Q: What do you call a person who shares the same birthday?
A: Birthday twins – easy!
I do not know how you feel about this, but you were a female ♀ in your last earthly incarnation. You were born somewhere around the territory of North Europe approximately on 1200. Your profession was trainer, holder of the fine animals, birds, insects.
Your brief psychological profile in that past life: Revolutionary type. You inspired changes in any sphere — politics, business, religion, housekeeping. Could be a leader.
Lessons that your last past life brought to present: You are bound to solve problems regarding pollution of environment, recycling, misuse of raw materials, elimination of radioactivity by all means including psychological methods.
Can you remember who you were?
In the United States, the most popular baby name is Linda. This name was given to 99,686 baby girls. For the boys it’s James. This name was recorded 94,756 times in the year 1947. Any chance you are Linda or James? (Source: ssa.gov)
What’s your bizarre Florida Man story? The #FloridaManChallenge is breaking the Internet and social media. Some crazy men, women, or creatures from the Sunshine State are making headlines every day of the year including your birthday. Try this fun exercise. Pick your search engine of choice and type in “florida man August 2” and see what kind of wild news headline you will get. This viral craze started in 2013 and gets resurrected now and then. The latest was from Tumblr and found its way to Twitter. As they say, the rest is history.
Here’s a quick list of all the fun birthday facts about August 2, 1947. Celebrities, famous birthdays, historical events, and past life were excluded.
- Day index: 214th day of 1947
- Day of week: Saturday
- Day of week birthstone: Turquoise
- Week index: 31st Saturday of 1947
- Next same calendar year: 2025
- Day of week this year: Friday
- Day of week next year: Sunday
- Day of week in 2021: Monday
- Days until next birthday: 45 days
- Age on next birthday: 72 years old
- Days since birth: 26,253 days
- Days spent sleeping: 8,751 days
- Years spent sleeping: 23.96 years
- Part of life spent sleeping: 33%
- Full moons since birth: 890
- Next full moon: July 16 at 21:40:00 GMT – Tuesday
- First one billion seconds: Sometime on April 10, 1979
- Age in dog years: 304 dog years old using a Glen of Imaal Terrier breed
- Life path number and meaning: 4 – It represents growth, building and foundation. You are practical, down to earth with strong ideas about right and wrong.
- Western zodiac sign: Leo ♌ (The Lion)
- Western zodiac element: Fire
- Western zodiac sign quality: Fixed
- Western zodiac ruling planet: Sun – the center of our universe
- Western zodiac gemstone: Onyx
- Eastern zodiac animal: Pig
- Eastern zodiac element: Fire
- Modern birthstone: Peridot
- Mystical birthstone: Diamond (based on Tibetan origin)
- Birth flower: Poppy for preparedness
- Best compatible birthday: November 14, 1971 (+220)
- Worst compatible birthday: January 28, 1958 (-219)
- Popular girl’s name: Linda – 99,686 babies
- Popular boy’s name: James – 94,756 babies
Try another birth date of someone you know or try the birthday of these celebrities: January 18, 1984 – Kristy Lee Cook, American singer; February 15, 1973 – Alex Borstein, American actress and singer; June 30, 1936 – Dave Van Ronk, American singer-songwriter and guitarist (d. 2002).
Don’t forget to share the info with your friends, loved ones, or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.
Word count: 1,806