Here are some snazzy birthday facts about 2nd of August 1988 that no one tells you about. Don’t wait a minute longer and jump in using the content links below. Average read time of 10 minutes. Enjoy!
August 2, 1988 was a Tuesday and it was the 215th day of the year 1988. It was the 31st Tuesday of that year. The next time you can reuse your old 1988 calendar will be in 2044. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a lunisolar calendar.
The day of the week of your birthday this year is Monday. Next year it will be Tuesday and two years from now it will be Wednesday. You can check the calendars below if you’re planning what to do on your birthday.
There are 43 days left before your next birthday. You will be 33 years old when that day comes. There have been 12,010 days from the day you were born up to today. If you’ve been sleeping 8 hours daily since birth, then you have slept a total of 4,003 days or 10.96 years. You spent 33% of your life sleeping. Since night and day always follow each other, there were precisely 406 full moons after you were born up to this day. How many of them did you see? The next full moon that you can see will be on June 24 at 18:42:00 GMT – Thursday.
Fun stat: Your first one billion seconds (1,000,000,000) happened sometime on April 10, 2020.
If a dog named Mcginty - a Siberian Husky breed, was born on the same date as you then it will be 164 dog years old today. A dog’s first human year is equal to 15 dog years. Dogs age differently depending on breed and size. When you reach the age of 6 Mcginty will be 42 dog years old. From that point forward a medium-sized dog like Mcginty will age 4.5 dog years for every human year.
Wanna share this info in social media? Make sure to take a screenshot first. Dog name and breed are randomly generated. Try reloading this page to see a new pet name and a different breed.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
You might be happy to know that the following celebrities share your birthday. The list was randomly chosen and arranged in chronological order.
- 1900Helen Morgan
- 1919Nehemiah Persoff
- 1941Ede Staal
- 1943Julia Foster
- 1950Kathryn Harrold
- 1951Freddie Wadling
- 1958Shō Hayami
- 1959Johnny Kemp
- 1961Pete de Freitas
- 1977Edward Furlong
View the complete list of August 2 celebrity birthdays.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Just for fun! Try your love match score with anyone. Even officemates, schoolmates, or find out the score for your parents and relatives. Don’t limit yourself – you can also pair yourself with any celebrity. It’s a FREE report. Nothing to buy!
Here’s a short list of famous people in history who were born on Aug 2.
- 1910Roger MacDougall, Scottish director, playwright, and screenwriter (d. 1993)
- 1924Carroll O'Connor, American actor, director, producer, and screenwriter (d. 2001)
- 1924James Baldwin, American author, poet, playwright, and critic (d. 1987)
- 1930Vali Myers, Australian painter and dancer (d. 2003)
- 1942Isabel Allende, Chilean-American journalist and author
- 1943Tom Burgmeier, American baseball player and coach
- 1960Neal Morse, American singer and keyboard player (Spock’s Beard, Transatlantic, Yellow Matter Custard, and Flying Colors)
- 1976Sam Worthington, English-Australian actor and producer
- 1978Deividas Šemberas, Lithuanian footballer
- 1989Nacer Chadli, Belgian footballer
View the complete list of August 2 famous birthdays.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Bonnie’s personality and get smart about names today. (Sponsored links)
These were the events that made history that coincide with your birthday.
- 1377Russian troops are defeated in the Battle on Pyana River.
- 1798French Revolutionary Wars: The Battle of the Nile concludes in a British victory.
- 1869Japan’s samurai, farmer, artisan, merchant class system (Shinōkōshō) is abolished as part of the Meiji Restoration reforms. (Traditional Japanese date: June 25, 1869).
- 1870Tower Subway, the world’s first underground tube railway, opens in London, England, United Kingdom.
- 1922A typhoon hits Shantou, Republic of China killing more than 50,000 people.
- 1943World War II: The Motor Torpedo Boat PT-109 is rammed by the Japanese destroyer Amagiri and sinks. Lt. John F. Kennedy, future U.S. President, saves all but two of his crew.
- 1944World War II: The largest trade convoy of the world wars arrives safely in the Western Approaches.
- 1964Vietnam War: Gulf of Tonkin incident: North Vietnamese gunboats allegedly fire on the U.S. destroyer USS Maddox.
- 1985Delta Air Lines Flight 191, a Lockheed L-1011 TriStar, crashes at Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport killing 137.
- 1989Pakistan is re-admitted to the Commonwealth of Nations after having restored democracy for the first time since 1972.
View the complete list of August 2 historical events.
Curious about this Purple Duhat Crunch? This is a party item you can activate and send to your friends when you play the free game Jump Birthday Party. It’s a fun and easy-to-play mobile game for all ages. Get free 1,000 gold coins when you download today!
Your birthday numbers 8, 2, and 1988 reveal that your Life Path number is 9. It represents selflessness, forgiveness and creativity. You are the philanthropist, humanitarian, socially conscious, and are deeply concerned about the state of the world.
The following celebrities also have the same life path number: Brendan Fehr, John Ford Coley, Michael Codron, Eileen Davidson, Julie Adams, Toni Tennille, Allisyn Ashley Arm, Klaus Voormann, Omero Mumba, Véronique Gens.
The Western zodiac or sun sign of a person born on August 2 is Leo ♌ (The Lion) – a fixed sign with Fire as Western element. The ruling planet is Sun – the center of our universe. According to the ancient art of Chinese astrology (or Eastern zodiac), Dragon is the mythical animal and Earth is the Eastern element of a person born on August 2, 1988.
Peridot is the modern birthstone for the month of August while Diamond is the mystical birth stone (based on Tibetan origin). The zodiac gemstone for Leo is onyx. Lastly, the birthday stone for the day of the week ‘Tuesday’ is ruby.
Fun fact: The birth flower for 2nd August 1988 is Poppy for preparedness.
When it comes to love and relationship, you are most compatible with a person born on November 11, 1971. You have a Birthday Compatibility score of +193. Imagine being in love with your soul mate. On the negative side, you are most incompatible with a person born on June 17, 1968. Your score is -204. You’ll be like a cat and a dog on a love-hate relationship. Arf-arf, I want to bite you. Meow-meow, stay away from me!
Did someone send you this link? Here’s a birthday wish just for you! Don’t forget to thank the kind soul who sent you this ninja page.
TIP: Click the image above if you want to save the high quality version for posting to social media like Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest. You can also get a new random wish if you want to (the page will reload).
In a room of 23 people there’s a 50% chance of two individuals having the same birthday (month and day only and not a leap year). The chance increases to 99.9% if there are 70 people in the room. You need at least 253 people in the room if you want someone to have the same birthday as you with 50% probability. This is called the birthday paradox or birthday problem. Try it out on your classroom, office, or sports team and confirm how many people share the same birthday.
Fun stat: The world population in the year of your birth is 5,114,557,167. (U.S. Census Bureau)
The number-one hit song in the U.S. at the day of your birth was Roll With It by Steve Winwood as compiled by Billboard Hot 100 (August 6, 1988). Ask your parents if they know this popular song.
I do not know how you feel about this, but you were a male ♂ in your last earthly incarnation. You were born somewhere around the territory of North of Latin America approximately on 800. Your profession was warrior, hunter, fisherman, executor of sacrifices.
Your brief psychological profile in that past life: You were sane, practical person, materialist with no spiritual consciousness. Your simple wisdom helped the weak and the poor.
Lessons that your last past life brought to present: You should develop your talent for love, happiness and enthusiasm and to distribute these feelings to all people.
Can you remember who you were?
Base on the data published by the United Nations Population Division, an estimated 139,142,510 babies were born throughout the world in the year 1988. The estimated number of babies born on 2nd August 1988 is 380,171. That’s equivalent to 264 babies every minute. Try to imagine if all of them are crying at the same time.
In the United States, the most popular baby name is Jessica. This name was given to 51,538 baby girls. For the boys it’s Michael. This name was recorded 64,133 times in the year 1988. Any chance you are Jessica or Michael? (Source: ssa.gov)
What’s your bizarre Florida Man story? The #FloridaManChallenge is breaking the Internet and social media. Some crazy men, women, or creatures from the Sunshine State are making headlines every day of the year including your birthday. Try this fun exercise. Pick your search engine of choice and type in “florida man August 2” and see what kind of wild news headline you will get. This viral craze started in 2013 and gets resurrected now and then. The latest was from Tumblr and found its way to Twitter. As they say, the rest is history.
Your birthday in Roman numerals using DD.MM.YYYY notation is:
Here’s a quick list of all the fun birthday facts about August 2, 1988. Celebrities, famous birthdays, historical events, and past life were excluded.
- Day index: 215th day of 1988
- Day of week: Tuesday
- Day of week birthstone: Ruby
- Week index: 31st Tuesday of 1988
- Next same calendar year: 2044
- Day of week this year: Monday
- Day of week next year: Tuesday
- Day of week in 2023: Wednesday
- Days until next birthday: 43 days
- Age on next birthday: 33 years old
- Days since birth: 12,010 days
- Days spent sleeping: 4,003 days
- Years spent sleeping: 10.96 years
- Part of life spent sleeping: 33%
- Full moons since birth: 406
- Next full moon: June 24 at 18:42:00 GMT – Thursday
- First one billion seconds: Sometime on April 10, 2020
- Age in dog years: 164 dog years old using a Siberian Husky breed
- Life path number and meaning: 9 – It represents selflessness, forgiveness and creativity. You are the philanthropist, humanitarian, socially conscious, and are deeply concerned about the state of the world.
- Western zodiac sign: Leo ♌ (The Lion)
- Western zodiac element: Fire
- Western zodiac sign quality: Fixed
- Western zodiac ruling planet: Sun – the center of our universe
- Western zodiac gemstone: Onyx
- Eastern zodiac animal: Dragon
- Eastern zodiac element: Earth
- Modern birthstone: Peridot
- Mystical birthstone: Diamond (based on Tibetan origin)
- Birth flower: Poppy for preparedness
- Best compatible birthday: November 11, 1971 (+193)
- Worst compatible birthday: June 17, 1968 (-204)
- 1988 world population: 5,114,557,167
- Number one song: Roll With It by Steve Winwood (August 6, 1988)
- Babies born in 1988: 139,142,510
- Babies born in 1988 every day: 380,171
- Babies born in 1988 every minute: 264
- Popular girl’s name: Jessica – 51,538 babies
- Popular boy’s name: Michael – 64,133 babies
- Roman numerals: II.VIII.MCMLXXXVIII
Try another birth date of someone you know or try the birthday of these celebrities: January 14, 1967 – Kerri Green, American actress; February 27, 1959 – Johnny Van Zant, American singer-songwriter (Lynyrd Skynyrd and Van Zant); June 12, 1970 – Gordon Michael Woolvett, Canadian actor, director, and screenwriter.
Don’t forget to share the info with your friends, loved ones, or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.
Word count: 2,099