Here are some snazzy birthday facts about 22nd of August 1985 that no one tells you about. Don’t wait a minute longer and jump in using the content links below. Average read time of 10 minutes. Enjoy!
August 22, 1985 was a Thursday and it was the 234th day of the year 1985. It was the 34th Thursday of that year. The next time you can reuse your old 1985 calendar will be in 2030. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a lunisolar calendar.
The day of the week of your birthday this year is Sunday. Next year it will be Monday and two years from now it will be Tuesday. You can check the calendars below if you’re planning what to do on your birthday.
There are 123 days left before your next birthday. You will be 36 years old when that day comes. There have been 13,026 days from the day you were born up to today. If you’ve been sleeping 8 hours daily since birth, then you have slept a total of 4,342 days or 11.89 years. You spent 33% of your life sleeping. Since night and day always follow each other, there were precisely 441 full moons after you were born up to this day. How many of them did you see? The next full moon that you can see will be on April 27 at 03:34:00 GMT – Tuesday.
Fun stat: Your first one billion seconds (1,000,000,000) happened sometime on April 30, 2017.
If a dog named Tinkerbella - a Soft Coated Wheaten Terrier breed, was born on the same date as you then it will be 177 dog years old today. A dog’s first human year is equal to 15 dog years. Dogs age differently depending on breed and size. When you reach the age of 6 Tinkerbella will be 42 dog years old. From that point forward a medium-sized dog like Tinkerbella will age 4.5 dog years for every human year.
Wanna share this info in social media? Make sure to take a screenshot first. Dog name and breed are randomly generated. Try reloading this page to see a new pet name and a different breed.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
You might be happy to know that the following celebrities share your birthday. The list was randomly chosen and arranged in chronological order.
- 1909Lucille Ricksen
- 1936Dale Hawkins
- 1944Peter Hofmann
- 1955Gordon Liu
- 1961Debbi Peterson
- 1967Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje
- 1971Richard Armitage
- 1973Howie Dorough
- 1981Takumi Saito
- 1985Kether Donohue
View the complete list of August 22 celebrity birthdays.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Just for fun! Try your love match score with anyone. Even officemates, schoolmates, or find out the score for your parents and relatives. Don’t limit yourself – you can also pair yourself with any celebrity. It’s a FREE report. Nothing to buy!
Here’s a short list of famous people in history who were born on Aug 22.
- 1647Denis Papin, French physicist and mathematician, developed pressure cooking (d. 1712)
- 1895Paul Comtois, Canadian lawyer and politician, 21st Lieutenant Governor of Quebec (d. 1966)
- 1915James Hillier, Canadian-American scientist, co-designed the electron microscope (d. 2007)
- 1953Paul Ellering, American weightlifter, wrestler, and manager
- 1955Gordon Liu, Chinese martial artist and actor
- 1959Annie Tempest, English cartoonist
- 1963Tori Amos, American singer-songwriter, pianist, and producer (Y Kant Tori Read)
- 1966Eric Andolsek, American football player (d. 1992)
- 1971Rick Yune, American actor and martial artist
- 1972Paul Doucette, American singer-songwriter, guitarist, and drummer (Matchbox Twenty, The Break and Repair Method, and Tabitha’s Secret)
View the complete list of August 22 famous birthdays.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Jace’s personality and get smart about names today. (Sponsored links)
These were the events that made history that coincide with your birthday.
- 1711Ships from British Admiral Hovenden Walker’s Quebec Expedition flounders on rocks at the mouth of the Saint Lawrence River.
- 1831Nat Turner’s slave rebellion commences just after midnight in Southampton County, Virginia, leading to the deaths of more than 50 whites and several hundred African Americans who are killed in retaliation for the uprising.
- 1846The Second Federal Republic of Mexico is established.
- 1944World War II: Holocaust of Kedros in Crete by German forces
- 1944World War II: Romania is captured by the Soviet Union.
- 1961Ida Siekmann dies attempting to cross the Berlin Wall.
- 1962An attempt to assassinate French president Charles de Gaulle fails.
- 1968Pope Paul VI arrives in Bogotá, Colombia. It is the first visit of a pope to Latin America.
- 2006Pulkovo Aviation Enterprise Flight 612 crashes near the Russian border over eastern Ukraine, killing all 170 people on board.
- 2007The Texas Rangers defeat the Baltimore Orioles 30–3, the most runs scored by a team in modern Major League Baseball history. The combined run total is also Major League record.
View the complete list of August 22 historical events.
Curious about this Coconut? This is a party item you can activate and send to your friends when you play the free game Jump Birthday Party. It’s a fun and easy-to-play mobile game for all ages. Get free 1,000 gold coins when you download today!
Your birthday numbers 8, 22, and 1985 reveal that your Life Path number is 8. It represents experience, authority and endeavour. You are gifted with natural leadership and the capacity to accumulate great wealth.
The following celebrities also have the same life path number: Monty Berman, Yumi Yoshimura, Tuna, Patrick Stump, Ashok Kumar, Ted Cassidy, DJ Jazzy Jeff, Dave Lambert, Gary Busey, Johnny Otis.
The Western zodiac or sun sign of a person born on August 22 is Leo ♌ (The Lion) – a fixed sign with Fire as Western element. The ruling planet is Sun – the center of our universe. According to the ancient art of Chinese astrology (or Eastern zodiac), Ox is the mythical animal and Wood is the Eastern element of a person born on August 22, 1985.
Did you know? Born on a cusp — or the borderline between two signs — describes a person whose birthday is August 22. Cuspers can be a blend of both signs. Sometimes a Leo, sometimes a Virgo, and sometimes both! If you know your approximate time and place of birth, then no worries. You can find your “official” zodiac sign by generating a free natal chart .
Peridot is the modern birthstone for the month of August while Diamond is the mystical birth stone (based on Tibetan origin). The zodiac gemstone for Leo is onyx. Lastly, the birthday stone for the day of the week ‘Thursday’ is sapphire.
Fun fact: The birth flower for 22nd August 1985 is Poppy for preparedness.
When it comes to love and relationship, you are most compatible with a person born on April 1, 1976. You have a Birthday Compatibility score of +165. Imagine being in love with your soul mate. On the negative side, you are most incompatible with a person born on May 4, 2000. Your score is -204. You’ll be like a cat and a dog on a love-hate relationship. Arf-arf, I want to bite you. Meow-meow, stay away from me!
Did someone send you this link? Here’s a birthday wish just for you! Don’t forget to thank the kind soul who sent you this ninja page.
TIP: Click the image above if you want to save the high quality version for posting to social media like Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest. You can also get a new random wish if you want to (the page will reload).
Q: What do you call a person who shares the same birthday?
A: Birthday twins – easy!
Fun stat: The world population in the year of your birth is 4,856,462,699. (U.S. Census Bureau)
The number-one hit song in the U.S. at the day of your birth was The Power of Love by Huey Lewis and the News as compiled by Billboard Hot 100 (August 24, 1985). Ask your parents if they know this popular song.
I do not know how you feel about this, but you were a female ♀ in your last earthly incarnation. You were born somewhere around the territory of Siberia approximately on 1425. Your profession was farmer, weaver, tailor.
Your brief psychological profile in that past life: You always liked to travel, to investigate, could have been detective or spy.
Lessons that your last past life brought to present: You fulfill your lesson by helping old folks and children. You came to that life to learn to care about weak and helpless.
Can you remember who you were?
Base on the data published by the United Nations Population Division, an estimated 135,970,553 babies were born throughout the world in the year 1985. The estimated number of babies born on 22nd August 1985 is 372,522. That’s equivalent to 259 babies every minute. Try to imagine if all of them are crying at the same time.
In the United States, the most popular baby name is Jessica. This name was given to 48,346 baby girls. For the boys it’s Michael. This name was recorded 64,906 times in the year 1985. Any chance you are Jessica or Michael? (Source: ssa.gov)
What’s your bizarre Florida Man story? The #FloridaManChallenge is breaking the Internet and social media. Some crazy men, women, or creatures from the Sunshine State are making headlines every day of the year including your birthday. Try this fun exercise. Pick your search engine of choice and type in “florida man August 22” and see what kind of wild news headline you will get. This viral craze started in 2013 and gets resurrected now and then. The latest was from Tumblr and found its way to Twitter. As they say, the rest is history.
Your birthday in Roman numerals using DD.MM.YYYY notation is:
Here’s a quick list of all the fun birthday facts about August 22, 1985. Celebrities, famous birthdays, historical events, and past life were excluded.
- Day index: 234th day of 1985
- Day of week: Thursday
- Day of week birthstone: Sapphire
- Week index: 34th Thursday of 1985
- Next same calendar year: 2030
- Day of week this year: Sunday
- Day of week next year: Monday
- Day of week in 2023: Tuesday
- Days until next birthday: 123 days
- Age on next birthday: 36 years old
- Days since birth: 13,026 days
- Days spent sleeping: 4,342 days
- Years spent sleeping: 11.89 years
- Part of life spent sleeping: 33%
- Full moons since birth: 441
- Next full moon: April 27 at 03:34:00 GMT – Tuesday
- First one billion seconds: Sometime on April 30, 2017
- Age in dog years: 177 dog years old using a Soft Coated Wheaten Terrier breed
- Life path number and meaning: 8 – It represents experience, authority and endeavour. You are gifted with natural leadership and the capacity to accumulate great wealth.
- Western zodiac sign: Leo ♌ (The Lion)
- Western zodiac element: Fire
- Western zodiac sign quality: Fixed
- Western zodiac ruling planet: Sun – the center of our universe
- Western zodiac gemstone: Onyx
- Eastern zodiac animal: Ox
- Eastern zodiac element: Wood
- Modern birthstone: Peridot
- Mystical birthstone: Diamond (based on Tibetan origin)
- Birth flower: Poppy for preparedness
- Best compatible birthday: April 1, 1976 (+165)
- Worst compatible birthday: May 4, 2000 (-204)
- 1985 world population: 4,856,462,699
- Number one song: The Power of Love by Huey Lewis and the News (August 24, 1985)
- Babies born in 1985: 135,970,553
- Babies born in 1985 every day: 372,522
- Babies born in 1985 every minute: 259
- Popular girl’s name: Jessica – 48,346 babies
- Popular boy’s name: Michael – 64,906 babies
- Roman numerals: XXII.VIII.MCMLXXXV
Try another birth date of someone you know or try the birthday of these celebrities: November 13, 1922 – Oskar Werner, Austrian-German actor (d. 1984); April 18, 1963 – Conan O'Brien, American actor, producer, screenwriter, and talk show host; June 16, 1966 – Phil Vischer, American voice actor, director, producer, and screenwriter, co-created ''VeggieTales''.
Don’t forget to share the info with your friends, loved ones, or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.
Word count: 2,097