Here are some snazzy birthday facts about 23rd of August 1970 that no one tells you about. Don’t wait a minute longer and jump in using the content links below. Average read time of 11 minutes. Enjoy!
August 23, 1970 was a Sunday and it was the 235th day of the year 1970. It was the 34th Sunday of that year. The next time you can reuse your old 1970 calendar will be in 2026. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a lunisolar calendar.
The day of the week of your birthday this year is Monday. Next year it will be Tuesday and two years from now it will be Wednesday. You can check the calendars below if you’re planning what to do on your birthday.
There are 25 days left before your next birthday. You will be 51 years old when that day comes. There have been 18,603 days from the day you were born up to today. If you’ve been sleeping 8 hours daily since birth, then you have slept a total of 6,201 days or 16.98 years. You spent 33% of your life sleeping. Since night and day always follow each other, there were precisely 630 full moons after you were born up to this day. How many of them did you see? The next full moon that you can see will be on August 22 at 12:03:00 GMT – Sunday.
Fun stat: Your first one billion seconds (1,000,000,000) happened sometime on May 1, 2002.
If a dog named Petya - a Berger Picard breed, was born on the same date as you then it will be 277 dog years old today. A dog’s first human year is equal to 15 dog years. Dogs age differently depending on breed and size. When you reach the age of 6 Petya will be 45 dog years old. From that point forward a large-sized dog like Petya will age 5-6 dog years for every human year.
Wanna share this info in social media? Make sure to take a screenshot first. Dog name and breed are randomly generated. Try reloading this page to see a new pet name and a different breed.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
You might be happy to know that the following celebrities share your birthday. The list was randomly chosen and arranged in chronological order.
- 1932Mark Russell
- 1945Bob Peck
- 1953Bobby G
- 1959Edwyn Collins
- 1960Chris Potter
- 1967Kazumi Totaka
- 1972Mark Butcher
- 1974Christian Beranek
- 1978Kobe Bryant
- 1983Annie Ilonzeh
View the complete list of August 23 celebrity birthdays.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Just for fun! Try your love match score with anyone. Even officemates, schoolmates, or find out the score for your parents and relatives. Don’t limit yourself – you can also pair yourself with any celebrity. It’s a FREE report. Nothing to buy!
Here’s a short list of famous people in history who were born on Aug 23.
- 1883Jonathan M. Wainwright, American general, Medal of Honor recipient (d. 1953)
- 1919Vladimir Abramovich Rokhlin, Azerbaijani mathematician and theorist (d. 1984)
- 1948Lev Zeleny, Russian physicist and academic
- 1952Georgios Paraschos, Greek footballer and manager
- 1961Gary Mabbutt, English footballer and actor
- 1980Denny Bautista, Dominican baseball player
- 1980Diamondog, Angolan rapper and journalist
- 1982YTCracker, American rapper and DJ
- 1983Athena Farrokhzad, Iranian-Swedish poet, playwright, and critic
- 1995Vlada Kubassova, Estonian footballer
View the complete list of August 23 famous birthdays.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Alison’s personality and get smart about names today. (Sponsored links)
These were the events that made history that coincide with your birthday.
- 476Odoacer, chieftain of the Germanic tribes (Herulic - Scirian foederati), is proclaimed rex Italiae (“King of Italy”) by his troops.
- 1514The Battle of Chaldiran ends with a decisive victory for the Sultan Selim I, Ottoman Empire, over the Shah Ismail I, founder of the Safavid dynasty.
- 1521Christian II of Denmark is deposed as king of Sweden and Gustav Vasa is elected regent.
- 1595Long Turkish War: Wallachian prince Michael the Brave confronts the Ottoman army in the Battle of Călugăreni and achieves a tactical victory.
- 1813At the Battle of Großbeeren, the Prussians under Von Bülow repulse the French army.
- 1914World War I: Battle of Mons: The British Army begins withdrawal.
- 1939World War II: Nazi Germany and the Soviet Union sign a non-aggression treaty, the Molotov–Ribbentrop Pact. In a secret addition to the pact, the Baltic states, Finland, Romania, and Poland are divided between the two nations.
- 1970Organized by Mexican American labor union leader César Chávez, the Salad Bowl strike, the largest farm worker strike in U.S. history, begins.
- 1977The Gossamer Condor wins the Kremer prize for human powered flight.
- 2011A magnitude 5.8 (class: moderate) earthquake occurs in Virginia. Damage occurs to monuments and structures in Washington D.C. and the resulted damage is estimated at $200 million–$300 million USD.
View the complete list of August 23 historical events.
Curious about this Choco Buttercream? This is a party item you can activate and send to your friends when you play the free game Jump Birthday Party. It’s a fun and easy-to-play mobile game for all ages. Get free 1,000 gold coins when you download today!
Your birthday numbers 8, 23, and 1970 reveal that your Life Path number is 3. It represents vision, imagination and joy of living. You possess a great talent for creativity and self expression.
The following celebrities also have the same life path number: Fenriz, Taissa Farmiga, Sebastian Arcelus, Priscilla Barnes, Ben Foster, Raveena Tandon, J Dilla, Gabby Eigenmann, Konrad Ekhof, Boaz Yakin.
The Western zodiac or sun sign of a person born on August 23 is Virgo ♍ (The Maiden) – a mutable sign with Earth as Western element. The ruling planet is Mercury – the planet of communication. According to the ancient art of Chinese astrology (or Eastern zodiac), Dog is the mythical animal and Metal is the Eastern element of a person born on August 23, 1970.
Did you know? Born on a cusp — or the borderline between two signs — describes a person whose birthday is August 23. Cuspers can be a blend of both signs. Sometimes a Virgo, sometimes a Leo, and sometimes both! If you know your approximate time and place of birth, then no worries. You can find your “official” zodiac sign by generating a free natal chart .
Peridot is the modern birthstone for the month of August while Diamond is the mystical birth stone (based on Tibetan origin). The zodiac gemstone for Virgo is carnelian. Lastly, the birthday stone for the day of the week ‘Sunday’ is topaz.
Fun fact: The birth flower for 23rd August 1970 is Poppy for preparedness.
When it comes to love and relationship, you are most compatible with a person born on January 17, 2000. You have a Birthday Compatibility score of +139. Imagine being in love with your soul mate. On the negative side, you are most incompatible with a person born on February 13, 1964. Your score is -191. You’ll be like a cat and a dog on a love-hate relationship. Arf-arf, I want to bite you. Meow-meow, stay away from me!
Did someone send you this link? Here’s a birthday wish just for you! Don’t forget to thank the kind soul who sent you this ninja page.
TIP: Click the image above if you want to save the high quality version for posting to social media like Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest. You can also get a new random wish if you want to (the page will reload).
Q: What do you call a person who shares the same birthday?
A: Birthday twins – easy!
Fun stat: The world population in the year of your birth is 3,712,697,742. (U.S. Census Bureau)
The number-one hit song in the U.S. at the day of your birth was War by Edwin Starr as compiled by Billboard Hot 100 (August 29, 1970). Ask your parents if they know this popular song.
I do not know how you feel about this, but you were a female ♀ in your last earthly incarnation. You were born somewhere around the territory of Mexico approximately on 1725. Your profession was dancer, singer, actor.
Your brief psychological profile in that past life: You had a mind of a scientist, always seeking new explanations. Environment often misunderstood you. Had a respectable knowledge.
Lessons that your last past life brought to present: Magic is everywhere around you, in most usual, most ordinary incidents. Your lesson – to learn magic and to help people to see it clearly. You are a magician!
Can you remember who you were?
Base on the data published by the United Nations Population Division, an estimated 121,504,132 babies were born throughout the world in the year 1970. The estimated number of babies born on 23rd August 1970 is 332,888. That’s equivalent to 231 babies every minute. Try to imagine if all of them are crying at the same time.
In the United States, the most popular baby name is Jennifer. This name was given to 46,157 baby girls. For the boys it’s Michael. This name was recorded 85,303 times in the year 1970. Any chance you are Jennifer or Michael? (Source: ssa.gov)
What’s your bizarre Florida Man story? The #FloridaManChallenge is breaking the Internet and social media. Some crazy men, women, or creatures from the Sunshine State are making headlines every day of the year including your birthday. Try this fun exercise. Pick your search engine of choice and type in “florida man August 23” and see what kind of wild news headline you will get. This viral craze started in 2013 and gets resurrected now and then. The latest was from Tumblr and found its way to Twitter. As they say, the rest is history.
Your birthday in Roman numerals using DD.MM.YYYY notation is:
Here’s a quick list of all the fun birthday facts about August 23, 1970. Celebrities, famous birthdays, historical events, and past life were excluded.
- Day index: 235th day of 1970
- Day of week: Sunday
- Day of week birthstone: Topaz
- Week index: 34th Sunday of 1970
- Next same calendar year: 2026
- Day of week this year: Monday
- Day of week next year: Tuesday
- Day of week in 2023: Wednesday
- Days until next birthday: 25 days
- Age on next birthday: 51 years old
- Days since birth: 18,603 days
- Days spent sleeping: 6,201 days
- Years spent sleeping: 16.98 years
- Part of life spent sleeping: 33%
- Full moons since birth: 630
- Next full moon: August 22 at 12:03:00 GMT – Sunday
- First one billion seconds: Sometime on May 1, 2002
- Age in dog years: 277 dog years old using a Berger Picard breed
- Life path number and meaning: 3 – It represents vision, imagination and joy of living. You possess a great talent for creativity and self expression.
- Western zodiac sign: Virgo ♍ (The Maiden)
- Western zodiac element: Earth
- Western zodiac sign quality: Mutable
- Western zodiac ruling planet: Mercury – the planet of communication
- Western zodiac gemstone: Carnelian
- Eastern zodiac animal: Dog
- Eastern zodiac element: Metal
- Modern birthstone: Peridot
- Mystical birthstone: Diamond (based on Tibetan origin)
- Birth flower: Poppy for preparedness
- Best compatible birthday: January 17, 2000 (+139)
- Worst compatible birthday: February 13, 1964 (-191)
- 1970 world population: 3,712,697,742
- Number one song: War by Edwin Starr (August 29, 1970)
- Babies born in 1970: 121,504,132
- Babies born in 1970 every day: 332,888
- Babies born in 1970 every minute: 231
- Popular girl’s name: Jennifer – 46,157 babies
- Popular boy’s name: Michael – 85,303 babies
- Roman numerals: XXIII.VIII.MCMLXX
Try another birth date of someone you know or try the birthday of these celebrities: June 20, 1971 – Josh Lucas, American actor and producer; March 6, 1974 – Beanie Sigel, American rapper (State Property); June 14, 1957 – Maxi Jazz, English rapper (Faithless).
Don’t forget to share the info with your friends, loved ones, or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.
Word count: 2,105