Here are some snazzy birthday facts about 23rd of August 1983 that no one tells you about. Don’t wait a minute longer and jump in using the content links below. Average read time of 10 minutes. Enjoy!
August 23, 1983 was a Tuesday and it was the 235th day of the year 1983. It was the 34th Tuesday of that year. The next time you can reuse your old 1983 calendar will be in 2022. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a lunisolar calendar.
The day of the week of your birthday this year is Sunday. Next year it will be Monday and two years from now it will be Tuesday. You can check the calendars below if you’re planning what to do on your birthday.
There are 12 days left before your next birthday. You will be 37 years old when that day comes. There have been 13,503 days from the day you were born up to today. If you’ve been sleeping 8 hours daily since birth, then you have slept a total of 4,501 days or 12.32 years. You spent 33% of your life sleeping. Since night and day always follow each other, there were precisely 458 full moons after you were born up to this day. How many of them did you see? The next full moon that you can see will be on September 2 at 05:23:00 GMT – Wednesday.
Fun stat: Your first one billion seconds (1,000,000,000) happened sometime on May 1, 2015.
If a dog named Goliath - a Giant Schnauzer breed, was born on the same date as you then it will be 208 dog years old today. A dog’s first human year is equal to 15 dog years. Dogs age differently depending on breed and size. When you reach the age of 6 Goliath will be 45 dog years old. From that point forward a large-sized dog like Goliath will age 5-6 dog years for every human year.
Wanna share this info in social media? Make sure to take a screenshot first. Dog name and breed are randomly generated. Try reloading this page to see a new pet name and a different breed.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
You might be happy to know that the following celebrities share your birthday. The list was randomly chosen and arranged in chronological order.
- 1909Leila Danette
- 1922Jean Darling
- 1944Saira Banu
- 1945Rita Pavone
- 1947Rex Allen, Jr.
- 1949Rick Springfield
- 1963Park Chan-wook
- 1967Kazumi Totaka
- 1974Ray Park
View the complete list of August 23 celebrity birthdays.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Just for fun! Try your love match score with anyone. Even officemates, schoolmates, or find out the score for your parents and relatives. Don’t limit yourself – you can also pair yourself with any celebrity. It’s a FREE report. Nothing to buy!
Here’s a short list of famous people in history who were born on Aug 23.
- 1843William Southam, Canadian publisher (d. 1932)
- 1846Alexander Milne Calder, Scottish-American sculptor (d. 1923)
- 1884Will Cuppy, American author and critic (d. 1949)
- 1900Malvina Reynolds, American singer-songwriter and activist (d. 1978)
- 1927Allan Kaprow, American painter and author (d. 2006)
- 1953John Rocha, Hong Kong-Irish fashion designer
- 1970Lawrence Frank, American basketball player and coach
- 1970River Phoenix, American actor and singer (d. 1993)
- 1983Marianne Steinbrecher, German-Brazilian volleyball player
- 1989Breanna Conrad, American fashion designer
View the complete list of August 23 famous birthdays.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Arthur’s personality and get smart about names today. (Sponsored links)
These were the events that made history that coincide with your birthday.
- 30 BCAfter the successful invasion of Egypt, Octavian executes Marcus Antonius Antyllus, eldest son of Mark Antony, and Caesarion, the last king of the Ptolemaic dynasty of Egypt and only child of Julius Caesar and Cleopatra.
- 1703Edirne event: Sultan Mustafa II of the Ottoman Empire is dethroned.
- 1799Napoleon I of France leaves Egypt for France en route to seizing power.
- 1839The United Kingdom captures Hong Kong as a base as it prepares for war with Qing China. The ensuing 3-year conflict will later be known as the First Opium War.
- 1898The Southern Cross Expedition, the first British venture of the Heroic Age of Antarctic Exploration, departs from London.
- 1914World War I: Japan declares war on Germany and bombs Qingdao, China.
- 1990Armenia declares its independence from the Soviet Union.
- 1990West Germany and East Germany announce that they will reunite on October 3.
- 1991Tim Berners-Lee opens the WWW, World Wide Web to new users.
- 2012A hot-air balloon crashes near the Slovenian capital of Ljubljana, killing six people and injuring 28 others.
View the complete list of August 23 historical events.
Curious about this Pink Bubble Heart? This is a party item you can activate and send to your friends when you play the free game Jump Birthday Party. It’s a fun and easy-to-play mobile game for all ages. Get free 1,000 gold coins when you download today!
Your birthday numbers 8, 23, and 1983 reveal that your Life Path number is 7. It represents analysis, awareness and understanding. You are the searcher and the seeker of the truth.
The following celebrities also have the same life path number: Rex Reason, Paul Rogers, Ari Boyland, Elya Baskin, Hideo Nakata, Dax Shepard, Mathew Waters, Anna McGarrigle, Yılmaz Güney, Mary Badham.
The Western zodiac or sun sign of a person born on August 23 is Virgo ♍ (The Maiden) – a mutable sign with Earth as Western element. The ruling planet is Mercury – the planet of communication. According to the ancient art of Chinese astrology (or Eastern zodiac), Pig is the mythical animal and Water is the Eastern element of a person born on August 23, 1983.
Did you know? Born on a cusp — or the borderline between two signs — describes a person whose birthday is August 23. Cuspers can be a blend of both signs. Sometimes a Virgo, sometimes a Leo, and sometimes both! If you know your approximate time and place of birth, then no worries. You can find your “official” zodiac sign by generating a free natal chart .
Peridot is the modern birthstone for the month of August while Diamond is the mystical birth stone (based on Tibetan origin). The zodiac gemstone for Virgo is carnelian. Lastly, the birthday stone for the day of the week ‘Tuesday’ is ruby.
Fun fact: The birth flower for 23rd August 1983 is Poppy for preparedness.
When it comes to love and relationship, you are most compatible with a person born on January 10, 1984. You have a Birthday Compatibility score of +137. Imagine being in love with your soul mate. On the negative side, you are most incompatible with a person born on February 25, 1964. Your score is -136. You’ll be like a cat and a dog on a love-hate relationship. Arf-arf, I want to bite you. Meow-meow, stay away from me!
Did someone send you this link? Here’s a birthday wish just for you! Don’t forget to thank the kind soul who sent you this ninja page.
TIP: Click the image above if you want to save the high quality version for posting to social media like Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest. You can also get a new random wish if you want to (the page will reload).
Q: What do you call a person who shares the same birthday?
A: Birthday twins – easy!
Fun stat: The world population in the year of your birth is 4,695,736,743. (U.S. Census Bureau)
The number-one hit song in the U.S. at the day of your birth was Every Breath You Take by The Police as compiled by Billboard Hot 100 (August 27, 1983). Ask your parents if they know this popular song.
I do not know how you feel about this, but you were a female ♀ in your last earthly incarnation. You were born somewhere around the territory of Yugoslavia approximately on 1500. Your profession was dramatist, director, musician, bard.
Your brief psychological profile in that past life: You were sane, practical person, materialist with no spiritual consciousness. Your simple wisdom helped the weak and the poor.
Lessons that your last past life brought to present: Your lesson – to conquer jealousy and anger in yourself and then in those, who will select you as their guide. You should understand that these weaknesses are caused by fear and self-regret.
Can you remember who you were?
Base on the data published by the United Nations Population Division, an estimated 131,547,856 babies were born throughout the world in the year 1983. The estimated number of babies born on 23rd August 1983 is 360,405. That’s equivalent to 250 babies every minute. Try to imagine if all of them are crying at the same time.
In the United States, the most popular baby name is Jennifer. This name was given to 54,342 baby girls. For the boys it’s Michael. This name was recorded 67,995 times in the year 1983. Any chance you are Jennifer or Michael? (Source: ssa.gov)
What’s your bizarre Florida Man story? The #FloridaManChallenge is breaking the Internet and social media. Some crazy men, women, or creatures from the Sunshine State are making headlines every day of the year including your birthday. Try this fun exercise. Pick your search engine of choice and type in “florida man August 23” and see what kind of wild news headline you will get. This viral craze started in 2013 and gets resurrected now and then. The latest was from Tumblr and found its way to Twitter. As they say, the rest is history.
Your birthday in Roman numerals using DD.MM.YYYY notation is:
Here’s a quick list of all the fun birthday facts about August 23, 1983. Celebrities, famous birthdays, historical events, and past life were excluded.
- Day index: 235th day of 1983
- Day of week: Tuesday
- Day of week birthstone: Ruby
- Week index: 34th Tuesday of 1983
- Next same calendar year: 2022
- Day of week this year: Sunday
- Day of week next year: Monday
- Day of week in 2022: Tuesday
- Days until next birthday: 12 days
- Age on next birthday: 37 years old
- Days since birth: 13,503 days
- Days spent sleeping: 4,501 days
- Years spent sleeping: 12.32 years
- Part of life spent sleeping: 33%
- Full moons since birth: 458
- Next full moon: September 2 at 05:23:00 GMT – Wednesday
- First one billion seconds: Sometime on May 1, 2015
- Age in dog years: 208 dog years old using a Giant Schnauzer breed
- Life path number and meaning: 7 – It represents analysis, awareness and understanding. You are the searcher and the seeker of the truth.
- Western zodiac sign: Virgo ♍ (The Maiden)
- Western zodiac element: Earth
- Western zodiac sign quality: Mutable
- Western zodiac ruling planet: Mercury – the planet of communication
- Western zodiac gemstone: Carnelian
- Eastern zodiac animal: Pig
- Eastern zodiac element: Water
- Modern birthstone: Peridot
- Mystical birthstone: Diamond (based on Tibetan origin)
- Birth flower: Poppy for preparedness
- Best compatible birthday: January 10, 1984 (+137)
- Worst compatible birthday: February 25, 1964 (-136)
- 1983 world population: 4,695,736,743
- Number one song: Every Breath You Take by The Police (August 27, 1983)
- Babies born in 1983: 131,547,856
- Babies born in 1983 every day: 360,405
- Babies born in 1983 every minute: 250
- Popular girl’s name: Jennifer – 54,342 babies
- Popular boy’s name: Michael – 67,995 babies
- Roman numerals: XXIII.VIII.MCMLXXXIII
Try another birth date of someone you know or try the birthday of these celebrities: June 23, 1929 – June Carter Cash, American singer-songwriter and actress (Carter Family and The Carter Sisters) (d. 2003); June 18, 1938 – Michael Sheard, Scottish actor (d. 2005); September 28, 1968 – Naomi Watts, English-Australian actress and producer.
Don’t forget to share the info with your friends, loved ones, or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.
Word count: 2,080