Here are some snazzy birthday facts about 28th of August 1940 that no one tells you about. Don’t wait a minute longer and jump in using the content links below. Average read time of 6 minutes. Enjoy!
August 28, 1940 was a Wednesday and it was the 241st day of the year 1940. The next time you can reuse your old 1940 calendar will be in 2024. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a lunisolar calendar.
The day of the week of your birthday this year is Tuesday. Next year it will be Wednesday and two years from now it will be Friday. You can check the calendars below if you’re planning what to do on your birthday.
There are 12 days left before your next birthday. You will be 78 years old when that day comes. There have been 28,477 days from the day you were born up to today. If you’ve been sleeping 8 hours daily since birth then you have slept a total of 9,492 days or 26 years. You spent 33% of your life sleeping. Since night and day always follow each other, there were exactly 964 full moons after you were born up to this day. How many of them did you see? The next full moon that you can see will be on August 26 at 11:58:00 GMT – Sunday.
Fun stat: Your first one billion seconds (1,000,000,000) happened sometime on May 6, 1972.
If a dog named Muppsie - a Goldendoodle breed, was born on the same date as you then it will be 402 dog years old today. A dog’s first human year is equal to 15 dog years. Dogs age differently depending on breed and size. When you reach the age of 6 Muppsie will be 45 dog years old. From that point forward a large-sized dog like Muppsie will age 5-6 dog years for every human year.
Wanna share this info in social media? Make sure to take a screenshot first. Dog name and breed are randomly generated. Try reloading this page to see a new pet name and a different breed.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
You might be happy to know that the following celebrities share your birthday. The list was randomly chosen and arranged in chronological order.
- 1888Evadne Price
- 1916Hélène Baillargeon
- 1926Dixie Evans
- 1935Sonny Shroyer
- 1940Ken Jenkins
- 1968Billy Boyd
- 1973Kirby Morrow
- 1979Shaila Dúrcal
- 1985Ashlyne Huff
- 1991Samuel Larsen
View the complete list of celebrity birthdays for August 28.
Here’s a short list of famous people in history who were born on Aug 28.
- 1714Duke Anthony Ulrich of Brunswick (d. 1774)
- 1905Cyril Walters, Welsh-English cricketer (d. 1992)
- 1929Ken Gampu, South African police officer and actor (d. 2003)
- 1932Andy Bathgate, Canadian ice hockey player, coach, and manager
- 1936Don Denkinger, American baseball player and umpire
- 1954John Dorahy, Australian rugby player and coach
- 1963Regina Jacobs, American runner
- 1976Federico Magallanes, Uruguayan footballer
- 1980Carly Pope, Canadian actress and producer
- 1991Samuel Larsen, American actor and singer
View the complete list of famous birthdays for August 28.
These were the events that made history that coincide with your birthday.
- 663Silla–Tang armies crush the Baekje restoration attempt and force Yamato Japan to withdraw from Korea in the Battle of Baekgang.
- 1898Caleb Bradham invents the carbonated soft drink that will later be called “Pepsi-Cola”.
- 1901Silliman University is founded in the Philippines. The first American private school in the country.
- 1914World War I: German troops take the city of Namur in Belgium.
- 1924The Georgian opposition stages the August Uprising against the Soviet Union.
- 1957U.S. Senator Strom Thurmond begins a filibuster to prevent the Senate from voting on Civil Rights Act of 1957; he stopped speaking 24 hours and 18 minutes later, the longest filibuster ever conducted by a single Senator.
- 1963Emily Hoffert and Janice Wylie are murdered in their Manhattan apartment, prompting the events that would lead to the passing of the Miranda Rights.
- 1963The Evergreen Point Floating Bridge, the longest floating bridge in the world, opens between Seattle and Medina, Washington, US.
- 1990Iraq declares Kuwait to be its newest province.
- 1996Charles, Prince of Wales and Diana, Princess of Wales divorce.
View the complete list of historical events for August 28.
Curious about this Tokyo Bubbles? This is a party item you can activate and send to your friends when you play the free game Jump Birthday Party. It’s a fun and easy-to-play mobile game for all ages. Get free 1,000 gold coins when you download today!
Your birthday numbers 8, 28 and 1940 reveal that your Life Path number is 5. It represents progress, adventure and opportunity. You possess the curiosity of a cat and long to experience all of life.
The following celebrities also have the same life path number: John Newman, Hattie Jacques, Ursula Andress, Lenny Welch, Diane Gaidry, Kimeru, Guy Berryman, Harpo Marx, Jesse Plemons, Natalie Bassingthwaighte.
The zodiac sign of a person born on August 28 is Virgo ♍. According to the ancient art of Chinese astrology (or Chinese zodiac), Dragon is the mythical animal and Metal is the element of a person born on August 28, 1940.
Hmmm... what do the stars have to say about you today? Get your daily Virgo horoscope for free. Get a boost from the stars! Make today a great day for love, money, and career. Your horoscope is available in daily, weekly, monthly, and even yearly forecast.
Peridot is the modern birthstone for the month of August while Diamond is the mystical birth stone (based on Tibetan origin). The zodiac gemstone for Virgo is carnelian. Lastly, the birthday stone for the day of the week ‘Wednesday’ is amethyst.
In a room of 23 people there’s a 50% chance of two individuals having the same birthday (month and day only and not a leap year). The chance increases to 99.9% if there are 70 people in the room. You need at least 253 people in the room if you want someone to have the same birthday as you with 50% probability. This is called the birthday paradox or birthday problem. Try it out on your classroom, office, or sports team and confirm how many people share the same birthday.
I do not know how you feel about this, but you were a male ♂ in your last earthly incarnation. You were born somewhere around the territory of Alaska approximately on 750. Your profession was handicraftsman, mechanic.
Your brief psychological profile in that past life: Seeker of truth and wisdom. You could have seen your future lives. Others perceived you as an idealist illuminating path to the future.
Lessons that your last past life brought to present: You fulfill your lesson by helping old folks and children. You came to that life to learn to care about weak and helpless.
Can you remember who you were?
Try another birth date of someone you know or try the birthday of these celebrities: July 28, 1943 – Richard Wright, English singer-songwriter and keyboard player (Pink Floyd) (d. 2008); August 25, 1949 – John Savage, American actor and producer; July 24, 1970 – Anja Garbarek, Norwegian singer-songwriter.
Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.
Word count: 1,279