Here are some snazzy birthday facts about 28th of August 1942 that no one tells you about. Don’t wait a minute longer and jump in using the content links below. Average read time of 9 minutes. Enjoy!
August 28, 1942 was a Friday and it was the 240th day of the year 1942. It was the 35th Friday of that year. The next time you can reuse your old 1942 calendar will be in 2026. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a lunisolar calendar.
The day of the week of your birthday this year was Saturday. Next year it will be Sunday and two years from now it will be Monday. You can check the calendars below if you’re planning what to do on your birthday.
There are 341 days left before your next birthday. You will be 80 years old when that day comes. There have been 28,879 days from the day you were born up to today. If you’ve been sleeping 8 hours daily since birth, then you have slept a total of 9,626 days or 26.36 years. You spent 33% of your life sleeping. Since night and day always follow each other, there were precisely 978 full moons after you were born up to this day. How many of them did you see? The next full moon that you can see will be on October 20 at 14:58:00 GMT – Wednesday.
Fun stat: Your first one billion seconds (1,000,000,000) happened sometime on May 6, 1974.
If a dog named Koy - a Mutt breed, was born on the same date as you then it will be 375 dog years old today. A dog’s first human year is equal to 15 dog years. Dogs age differently depending on breed and size. When you reach the age of 6 Koy will be 42 dog years old. From that point forward a medium-sized dog like Koy will age 4.5 dog years for every human year.
Wanna share this info in social media? Make sure to take a screenshot first. Dog name and breed are randomly generated. Try reloading this page to see a new pet name and a different breed.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
You might be happy to know that the following celebrities share your birthday. The list was randomly chosen and arranged in chronological order.
- 1930Ben Gazzara
- 1931Cristina Deutekom
- 1943Robert Greenwald
- 1961Deepak Tijori
- 1970Rick Recht
- 1976Acel Bisa
- 1983Alfonso Herrera
- 1986Armie Hammer
- 1986Sarah Christophers
- 1991Samuel Larsen
View the complete list of August 28 celebrity birthdays.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Just for fun! Try your love match score with anyone. Even officemates, schoolmates, or find out the score for your parents and relatives. Don’t limit yourself – you can also pair yourself with any celebrity. It’s a FREE report. Nothing to buy!
Here’s a short list of famous people in history who were born on Aug 28.
- 1911Joseph Luns, Dutch politician and diplomat, 5th Secretary General of NATO (d. 2002)
- 1924Tony MacGibbon, New Zealand cricketer and engineer (d. 2010)
- 1951Colin McAdam, Scottish footballer (d. 2013)
- 1957Ivo Josipović, Croatian lawyer, jurist, and politician, 3rd President of Croatia
- 1961Ian Pont, English cricketer and coach
- 1973Matthew John Armstrong, American actor
- 1974Takahito Eguchi, Japanese pianist and composer
- 1981Raphael Matos, Brazilian race car driver
- 1989César Azpilicueta, Spanish footballer
- 1997Emilia McCarthy, Canadian actress and dancer
View the complete list of August 28 famous birthdays.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Devon’s personality and get smart about names today. (Sponsored links)
These were the events that made history that coincide with your birthday.
- 1189Third Crusade: The Crusaders begin the Siege of Acre under Guy of Lusignan.
- 1542Turkish–Portuguese War (1538–57): Battle of Wofla: The Portuguese are scattered, their leader Christovão da Gama is captured and later executed.
- 1609Henry Hudson discovers Delaware Bay.
- 1833The Slavery Abolition Act 1833 receives Royal Assent, abolishing slavery through most of the British Empire.
- 1859The Carrington event disrupts electrical telegraph services and causes aurora to shine so brightly that they are seen clearly over the Earth’s middle latitudes.
- 1916World War I: Germany declares war on Romania.
- 1931France and the Soviet Union sign a treaty of non-aggression.
- 1943World War II: In Denmark, a general strike against the Nazi occupation starts.
- 1979An IRA bomb explodes at the Grote Markt in Brussels.
- 2004Software Freedom Day is established and is firstly observed.
View the complete list of August 28 historical events.
Curious about this Lanzones Sprinkle? This is a party item you can activate and send to your friends when you play the free game Jump Birthday Party. It’s a fun and easy-to-play mobile game for all ages. Get free 1,000 gold coins when you download today!
Your birthday numbers 8, 28, and 1942 reveal that your Life Path number is 7. It represents analysis, awareness and understanding. You are the searcher and the seeker of the truth.
The following celebrities also have the same life path number: John Sayles, Tom Ewell, Masami Nagasawa, Isabel Jewell, Bob Mortimer, Ryan Sypek, Elinor Donahue, Oliver James, Cara Williams, Jennifer Jones.
The Western zodiac or sun sign of a person born on August 28 is Virgo ♍ (The Maiden) – a mutable sign with Earth as Western element. The ruling planet is Mercury – the planet of communication. According to the ancient art of Chinese astrology (or Eastern zodiac), Horse is the mythical animal and Water is the Eastern element of a person born on August 28, 1942.
Peridot is the modern birthstone for the month of August while Diamond is the mystical birth stone (based on Tibetan origin). The zodiac gemstone for Virgo is carnelian. Lastly, the birthday stone for the day of the week ‘Friday’ is emerald.
Fun fact: The birth flower for 28th August 1942 is Poppy for preparedness.
When it comes to love and relationship, you are most compatible with a person born on May 8, 1941. You have a Birthday Compatibility score of +133. Imagine being in love with your soul mate. On the negative side, you are most incompatible with a person born on December 14, 1927. Your score is -164. You’ll be like a cat and a dog on a love-hate relationship. Arf-arf, I want to bite you. Meow-meow, stay away from me!
Did someone send you this link? Here’s a birthday wish just for you! Don’t forget to thank the kind soul who sent you this ninja page.
TIP: Click the image above if you want to save the high quality version for posting to social media like Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest. You can also get a new random wish if you want to (the page will reload).
Q: What do you call a person who shares the same birthday?
A: Birthday twins – easy!
I do not know how you feel about this, but you were a female ♀ in your last earthly incarnation. You were born somewhere around the territory of Mexico approximately on 1725. Your profession was dancer, singer, actor.
Your brief psychological profile in that past life: You had a mind of a scientist, always seeking new explanations. Environment often misunderstood you. Had a respectable knowledge.
Lessons that your last past life brought to present: Magic is everywhere around you, in most usual, most ordinary incidents. Your lesson – to learn magic and to help people to see it clearly. You are a magician!
Can you remember who you were?
In the United States, the most popular baby name is Mary. This name was given to 63,249 baby girls. For the boys it’s James. This name was recorded 77,173 times in the year 1942. Any chance you are Mary or James? (Source: ssa.gov)
What’s your bizarre Florida Man story? The #FloridaManChallenge is breaking the Internet and social media. Some crazy men, women, or creatures from the Sunshine State are making headlines every day of the year including your birthday. Try this fun exercise. Pick your search engine of choice and type in “florida man August 28” and see what kind of wild news headline you will get. This viral craze started in 2013 and gets resurrected now and then. The latest was from Tumblr and found its way to Twitter. As they say, the rest is history.
Your birthday in Roman numerals using DD.MM.YYYY notation is:
Here’s a quick list of all the fun birthday facts about August 28, 1942. Celebrities, famous birthdays, historical events, and past life were excluded.
- Day index: 240th day of 1942
- Day of week: Friday
- Day of week birthstone: Emerald
- Week index: 35th Friday of 1942
- Next same calendar year: 2026
- Day of week this year: Saturday
- Day of week next year: Sunday
- Day of week in 2023: Monday
- Days until next birthday: 341 days
- Age on next birthday: 80 years old
- Days since birth: 28,879 days
- Days spent sleeping: 9,626 days
- Years spent sleeping: 26.36 years
- Part of life spent sleeping: 33%
- Full moons since birth: 978
- Next full moon: October 20 at 14:58:00 GMT – Wednesday
- First one billion seconds: Sometime on May 6, 1974
- Age in dog years: 375 dog years old using a Mutt breed
- Life path number and meaning: 7 – It represents analysis, awareness and understanding. You are the searcher and the seeker of the truth.
- Western zodiac sign: Virgo ♍ (The Maiden)
- Western zodiac element: Earth
- Western zodiac sign quality: Mutable
- Western zodiac ruling planet: Mercury – the planet of communication
- Western zodiac gemstone: Carnelian
- Eastern zodiac animal: Horse
- Eastern zodiac element: Water
- Modern birthstone: Peridot
- Mystical birthstone: Diamond (based on Tibetan origin)
- Birth flower: Poppy for preparedness
- Best compatible birthday: May 8, 1941 (+133)
- Worst compatible birthday: December 14, 1927 (-164)
- Popular girl’s name: Mary – 63,249 babies
- Popular boy’s name: James – 77,173 babies
- Roman numerals: XXVIII.VIII.MCMXLII
Try another birth date of someone you know or try the birthday of these celebrities: March 14, 1955 – Helen Atkinson-Wood, English actress; September 10, 1969 – Johnathon Schaech, American actor, producer, and screenwriter; October 16, 1968 – Randall Batinkoff, American actor and producer.
Don’t forget to share the info with your friends, loved ones, or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.
Word count: 1,801