Here are some snazzy birthday facts about 5th of August 1978 that no one tells you about. Don’t wait a minute longer and jump in using the content links below. Average read time of 11 minutes. Enjoy!
August 5, 1978 was a Saturday and it was the 217th day of the year 1978. It was the 31st Saturday of that year. The next time you can reuse your old 1978 calendar will be in 2023. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a lunisolar calendar.
The day of the week of your birthday this year is Saturday. Next year it will be Monday and two years from now it will be Tuesday. You can check the calendars below if you’re planning what to do on your birthday.
There are 187 days left before your next birthday. You will be 45 years old when that day comes. There have been 16,249 days from the day you were born up to today. If you’ve been sleeping 8 hours daily since birth, then you have slept a total of 5,416 days or 14.83 years. You spent 33% of your life sleeping. Since night and day always follow each other, there were precisely 550 full moons after you were born up to this day. How many of them did you see? The next full moon that you can see will be on February 5 at 18:30:00 GMT – Sunday.
Fun stat: Your first one billion seconds (1,000,000,000) happened sometime on April 13, 2010.
If a dog named Miko - a Cockapoo breed, was born on the same date as you then it will be 196 dog years old today. A dog’s first human year is equal to 15 dog years. Dogs age differently depending on breed and size. When you reach the age of 6 Miko will be 40 dog years old. From that point forward a small-sized dog like Miko will age 4 dog years for every human year.
Wanna share this info in social media? Make sure to take a screenshot first. Dog name and breed are randomly generated. Try reloading this page to see a new pet name and a different breed.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
You might be happy to know that the following celebrities share your birthday. The list was randomly chosen and arranged in chronological order.
- 1911Robert Taylor
- 1940Roman Gabriel
- 1948Carole Laure
- 1956Jerry Ciccoritti
- 1957Clayton Rohner
- 1975Antony Cotton
- 1981Cory Williams
- 1981Jesse Williams
- 2000Maya Bond
View the complete list of August 5 celebrity birthdays.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Just for fun! Try your love match score with anyone. Even officemates, schoolmates, or find out the score for your parents and relatives. Don’t limit yourself – you can also pair yourself with any celebrity. It’s a FREE report. Nothing to buy!
Here’s a short list of famous people in history who were born on Aug 5.
- 1301Edmund of Woodstock, 1st Earl of Kent, English politician, Lord Warden of the Cinque Ports (d. 1330)
- 1662James Anderson, Scottish lawyer and historian (d. 1728)
- 1828Louise of the Netherlands (d. 1871)
- 1888Victor Francen, Belgian-French actor (d. 1977)
- 1904Kenneth V. Thimann, English-American botanist and microbiologist (d. 1997)
- 1946Rick van der Linden, Dutch keyboard player and songwriter (Ekseption and Trace) (d. 2006)
- 1964Adam Yauch, American rapper and director (Beastie Boys) (d. 2012)
- 1974Kajol, Indian actress
- 1982Michele Pazienza, Italian footballer
- 1988Princess Salwa Aga Khan, American model
View the complete list of August 5 famous birthdays.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Amy’s personality and get smart about names today. (Sponsored links)
These were the events that made history that coincide with your birthday.
- 642Battle of Maserfield: Penda of Mercia defeats and kills Oswald of Northumbria.
- 910The last major Danish army to raid England is defeated at the Battle of Tettenhall by the allied forces of Mercia and Wessex, led by King Edward the Elder and Æthelred, Lord of the Mercians.
- 1068Byzantine–Norman wars: Italo-Normans begin a nearly-three-year siege of Bari.
- 1824Greek War of Independence: Constantine Kanaris leads a Greek fleet to victory against Ottoman and Egyptian ships in the Battle of Samos.
- 1858Cyrus West Field and others complete the first transatlantic telegraph cable after several unsuccessful attempts. It will operate for less than a month.
- 1864American Civil War: The Battle of Mobile Bay begins at Mobile Bay near Mobile, Alabama, Admiral David Farragut leads a Union flotilla through Confederate defenses and seals one of the last major Southern ports.
- 1944World War II: The Nazis begin a week-long massacre of anywhere between 40,000 and 100,000 civilians and prisoners of war in Wola, Poland.
- 1949In Ecuador, an earthquake destroys 50 towns and kills more than 6,000.
- 1974Vietnam War: The U.S. Congress places a $1 billion limit on military aid to South Vietnam.
- 1995Yugoslav Wars: The city of Knin, Croatia, a significant Serb stronghold, is captured by Croatian forces during Operation Storm. The date is celebrated in Croatia as Victory Day.
View the complete list of August 5 historical events.
Curious about this Inert Fuse? This is a party item you can activate and send to your friends when you play the free game Jump Birthday Party. It’s a fun and easy-to-play mobile game for all ages. Get free 1,000 gold coins when you download today!
Your birthday numbers 8, 5, and 1978 reveal that your Life Path number is 2. It represents balance, harmony and partnership. You have the soul of an artist. You are a fine companion and possess a good sense of humor. Friends seek you out for your calming and peaceful company.
The following celebrities also have the same life path number: Giannis Ploutarhos, Taj Mahal, Mehmet Akif Alakurt, Lance Krall, Misako Uno, Jackie Trent, Fuku Suzuki, Glenn Medeiros, Bert I. Gordon, Jeanie MacPherson.
The Western zodiac or sun sign of a person born on August 5 is Leo ♌ (The Lion) – a fixed sign with Fire as Western element. The ruling planet is Sun – the center of our universe. According to the ancient art of Chinese astrology (or Eastern zodiac), Horse is the mythical animal and Earth is the Eastern element of a person born on August 5, 1978.
Peridot is the modern birthstone for the month of August while Diamond is the mystical birth stone (based on Tibetan origin). The zodiac gemstone for Leo is onyx. Lastly, the birthday stone for the day of the week ‘Saturday’ is turquoise.
Fun fact: The birth flower for 5th August 1978 is Poppy for preparedness.
When it comes to love and relationship, you are most compatible with a person born on January 17, 1985. You have a Birthday Compatibility score of +128. Imagine being in love with your soul mate. On the negative side, you are most incompatible with a person born on February 17, 1994. Your score is -160. You’ll be like a cat and a dog on a love-hate relationship. Arf-arf, I want to bite you. Meow-meow, stay away from me!
Did someone send you this link? Here’s a birthday wish just for you! Don’t forget to thank the kind soul who sent you this ninja page.
TIP: Click the image above if you want to save the high quality version for posting to social media like Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest. You can also get a new random wish if you want to (the page will reload).
In a room of 23 people there’s a 50% chance of two individuals having the same birthday (month and day only and not a leap year). The chance increases to 99.9% if there are 70 people in the room. You need at least 253 people in the room if you want someone to have the same birthday as you with 50% probability. This is called the birthday paradox or birthday problem. Try it out on your classroom, office, or sports team and confirm how many people share the same birthday.
Fun stat: The world population in the year of your birth is 4,304,105,753. (U.S. Census Bureau)
The number-one hit song in the U.S. at the day of your birth was Miss You by The Rolling Stones as compiled by Billboard Hot 100 (August 5, 1978). Ask your parents if they know this popular song.
I do not know how you feel about this, but you were a female ♀ in your last earthly incarnation. You were born somewhere around the territory of Central England approximately on 1150. Your profession was teacher, mathematician, geologist.
Your brief psychological profile in that past life: You’re always involved with all new things. You have always loved changes, especially in art, music, cooking.
Lessons that your last past life brought to present: The world is full of ill and lonely people. You should help those, who are less fortunate than you are.
Can you remember who you were?
Base on the data published by the United Nations Population Division, an estimated 122,638,528 babies were born throughout the world in the year 1978. The estimated number of babies born on 5th August 1978 is 335,996. That’s equivalent to 233 babies every minute. Try to imagine if all of them are crying at the same time.
In the United States, the most popular baby name is Jennifer. This name was given to 56,323 baby girls. For the boys it’s Michael. This name was recorded 67,158 times in the year 1978. Any chance you are Jennifer or Michael? (Source: ssa.gov)
What’s your bizarre Florida Man story? The #FloridaManChallenge is breaking the Internet and social media. Some crazy men, women, or creatures from the Sunshine State are making headlines every day of the year including your birthday. Try this fun exercise. Pick your search engine of choice and type in “florida man August 5” and see what kind of wild news headline you will get. This viral craze started in 2013 and gets resurrected now and then. The latest was from Tumblr and found its way to Twitter. As they say, the rest is history.
Your birthday in Roman numerals using DD.MM.YYYY notation is:
Here’s a quick list of all the fun birthday facts about August 5, 1978. Celebrities, famous birthdays, historical events, and past life were excluded.
- Day index: 217th day of 1978
- Day of week: Saturday
- Day of week birthstone: Turquoise
- Week index: 31st Saturday of 1978
- Next same calendar year: 2023
- Day of week this year: Saturday
- Day of week next year: Monday
- Day of week in 2025: Tuesday
- Days until next birthday: 187 days
- Age on next birthday: 45 years old
- Days since birth: 16,249 days
- Days spent sleeping: 5,416 days
- Years spent sleeping: 14.83 years
- Part of life spent sleeping: 33%
- Full moons since birth: 550
- Next full moon: February 5 at 18:30:00 GMT – Sunday
- First one billion seconds: Sometime on April 13, 2010
- Age in dog years: 196 dog years old using a Cockapoo breed
- Life path number and meaning: 2 – It represents balance, harmony and partnership. You have the soul of an artist. You are a fine companion and possess a good sense of humor. Friends seek you out for your calming and peaceful company.
- Western zodiac sign: Leo ♌ (The Lion)
- Western zodiac element: Fire
- Western zodiac sign quality: Fixed
- Western zodiac ruling planet: Sun – the center of our universe
- Western zodiac gemstone: Onyx
- Eastern zodiac animal: Horse
- Eastern zodiac element: Earth
- Modern birthstone: Peridot
- Mystical birthstone: Diamond (based on Tibetan origin)
- Birth flower: Poppy for preparedness
- Best compatible birthday: January 17, 1985 (+128)
- Worst compatible birthday: February 17, 1994 (-160)
- 1978 world population: 4,304,105,753
- Number one song: Miss You by The Rolling Stones (August 5, 1978)
- Babies born in 1978: 122,638,528
- Babies born in 1978 every day: 335,996
- Babies born in 1978 every minute: 233
- Popular girl’s name: Jennifer – 56,323 babies
- Popular boy’s name: Michael – 67,158 babies
- Roman numerals: V.VIII.MCMLXXVIII
Try another birth date of someone you know or try the birthday of these celebrities: October 25, 1971 – Craig Robinson, American actor and singer; July 27, 1968 – Julian McMahon, Australian actor and producer; November 3, 1948 – Lulu, Scottish singer-songwriter and actress (The Luvvers).
Don’t forget to share the info with your friends, loved ones, or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.
Word count: 2,149