Here are some snazzy birthday facts about 7th of August 1988 that no one tells you about. Don’t wait a minute longer and jump in using the content links below. Average read time of 10 minutes. Enjoy!
August 7, 1988 was a Sunday and it was the 220th day of the year 1988. It was the 32nd Sunday of that year. The next time you can reuse your old 1988 calendar will be in 2044. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a lunisolar calendar.
The day of the week of your birthday this year is Monday. Next year it will be Wednesday and two years from now it will be Thursday. You can check the calendars below if you’re planning what to do on your birthday.
There are 181 days left before your next birthday. You will be 35 years old when that day comes. There have been 12,602 days from the day you were born up to today. If you’ve been sleeping 8 hours daily since birth, then you have slept a total of 4,201 days or 11.50 years. You spent 33% of your life sleeping. Since night and day always follow each other, there were precisely 427 full moons after you were born up to this day. How many of them did you see? The next full moon that you can see will be on March 7 at 12:42:00 GMT – Tuesday.
Fun stat: Your first one billion seconds (1,000,000,000) happened sometime on April 15, 2020.
If a dog named Soldat - a Jack Russell Terrier breed, was born on the same date as you then it will be 156 dog years old today. A dog’s first human year is equal to 15 dog years. Dogs age differently depending on breed and size. When you reach the age of 6 Soldat will be 40 dog years old. From that point forward a small-sized dog like Soldat will age 4 dog years for every human year.
Wanna share this info in social media? Make sure to take a screenshot first. Dog name and breed are randomly generated. Try reloading this page to see a new pet name and a different breed.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
You might be happy to know that the following celebrities share your birthday. The list was randomly chosen and arranged in chronological order.
- 1924Kenneth Kendall
- 1926Stan Freberg
- 1928Herb Reed
- 1942B. J. Thomas
- 1952Alexei Sayle
- 1963Hiroaki Hirata
- 1973Mikhail Gorsheniov
- 1975Charlize Theron
- 1979Eric Johnson
- 1984Tooba Siddiqui
View the complete list of August 7 celebrity birthdays.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Just for fun! Try your love match score with anyone. Even officemates, schoolmates, or find out the score for your parents and relatives. Don’t limit yourself – you can also pair yourself with any celebrity. It’s a FREE report. Nothing to buy!
Here’s a short list of famous people in history who were born on Aug 7.
- 1890Elizabeth Gurley Flynn, American author and activist (d. 1964)
- 1904Ralph Bunche, American political scientist, academic, and diplomat, Nobel Prize laureate (d. 1971)
- 1917Budd Lynch, Canadian-American sportscaster (d. 2012)
- 1927Art Houtteman, American baseball player and journalist (d. 2003)
- 1929Don Larsen, American baseball player
- 1954Alan Reid, Scottish politician
- 1964Peter Niven, Scottish jockey
- 1980Tácio Caetano Cruz Queiroz, Brazilian footballer
- 1982Marquise Hill, American football player (d. 2007)
- 1983Andriy Hryvko, Ukrainian cyclist
View the complete list of August 7 famous birthdays.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Nina’s personality and get smart about names today. (Sponsored links)
These were the events that made history that coincide with your birthday.
- 1420Construction of the dome of Santa Maria del Fiore begins in Florence.
- 1791American troops destroy the Miami town of Kenapacomaqua near the site of present-day Logansport, Indiana in the Northwest Indian War.
- 1819Simón Bolívar triumphs over Spain in the Battle of Boyacá.
- 1933The Simele massacre: The Iraqi government slaughters over 3,000 Assyrians in the village of Simele. The day becomes known as Assyrian Martyrs Day.
- 1942World War II: The Battle of Guadalcanal begins as the United States Marines initiate the first American offensive of the war with landings on Guadalcanal and Tulagi in the Solomon Islands.
- 1959Explorer program: Explorer 6 launches from the Atlantic Missile Range in Cape Canaveral, Florida.
- 1962Canadian-born American pharmacologist Frances Oldham Kelsey awarded the U.S. President’s Award for Distinguished Federal Civilian Service for her refusal to authorize thalidomide.
- 1974Philippe Petit performs a high wire act between the twin towers of the World Trade Center 1368 ft in the air.
- 1985Takao Doi, Mamoru Mohri and Chiaki Mukai are chosen to be Japan’s first astronauts.
- 1999The Chechnya-based Islamic International Brigade invades neighboring Dagestan.
View the complete list of August 7 historical events.
Curious about this Kamias Butter Ball? This is a party item you can activate and send to your friends when you play the free game Jump Birthday Party. It’s a fun and easy-to-play mobile game for all ages. Get free 1,000 gold coins when you download today!
Your birthday numbers 8, 7, and 1988 reveal that your Life Path number is 5. It represents progress, adventure and opportunity. You possess the curiosity of a cat and long to experience all of life.
The following celebrities also have the same life path number: Carl Giammarese, Denzel Washington, Randy Stonehill, Haruna Iikubo, Elena Nathanael, Beth Leavel, Stephen Bruton, Don Moen, Intars Busulis, Jirayu Tangsrisuk.
The Western zodiac or sun sign of a person born on August 7 is Leo ♌ (The Lion) – a fixed sign with Fire as Western element. The ruling planet is Sun – the center of our universe. According to the ancient art of Chinese astrology (or Eastern zodiac), Dragon is the mythical animal and Earth is the Eastern element of a person born on August 7, 1988.
Peridot is the modern birthstone for the month of August while Diamond is the mystical birth stone (based on Tibetan origin). The zodiac gemstone for Leo is onyx. Lastly, the birthday stone for the day of the week ‘Sunday’ is topaz.
Fun fact: The birth flower for 7th August 1988 is Poppy for preparedness.
When it comes to love and relationship, you are most compatible with a person born on April 15, 1965. You have a Birthday Compatibility score of +157. Imagine being in love with your soul mate. On the negative side, you are most incompatible with a person born on September 21, 1989. Your score is -181. You’ll be like a cat and a dog on a love-hate relationship. Arf-arf, I want to bite you. Meow-meow, stay away from me!
Did someone send you this link? Here’s a birthday wish just for you! Don’t forget to thank the kind soul who sent you this ninja page.
TIP: Click the image above if you want to save the high quality version for posting to social media like Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest. You can also get a new random wish if you want to (the page will reload).
In a room of 23 people there’s a 50% chance of two individuals having the same birthday (month and day only and not a leap year). The chance increases to 99.9% if there are 70 people in the room. You need at least 253 people in the room if you want someone to have the same birthday as you with 50% probability. This is called the birthday paradox or birthday problem. Try it out on your classroom, office, or sports team and confirm how many people share the same birthday.
Fun stat: The world population in the year of your birth is 5,114,557,167. (U.S. Census Bureau)
The number-one hit song in the U.S. at the day of your birth was Roll With It by Steve Winwood as compiled by Billboard Hot 100 (August 13, 1988). Ask your parents if they know this popular song.
I do not know how you feel about this, but you were a male ♂ in your last earthly incarnation. You were born somewhere around the territory of Ontario approximately on 800. Your profession was warrior, hunter, fisherman, executor of sacrifices.
Your brief psychological profile in that past life: You always liked to travel, to investigate, could have been detective or spy.
Lessons that your last past life brought to present: You should develop your talent for love, happiness and enthusiasm and to distribute these feelings to all people.
Can you remember who you were?
Base on the data published by the United Nations Population Division, an estimated 139,142,510 babies were born throughout the world in the year 1988. The estimated number of babies born on 7th August 1988 is 380,171. That’s equivalent to 264 babies every minute. Try to imagine if all of them are crying at the same time.
In the United States, the most popular baby name is Jessica. This name was given to 51,538 baby girls. For the boys it’s Michael. This name was recorded 64,133 times in the year 1988. Any chance you are Jessica or Michael? (Source: ssa.gov)
What’s your bizarre Florida Man story? The #FloridaManChallenge is breaking the Internet and social media. Some crazy men, women, or creatures from the Sunshine State are making headlines every day of the year including your birthday. Try this fun exercise. Pick your search engine of choice and type in “florida man August 7” and see what kind of wild news headline you will get. This viral craze started in 2013 and gets resurrected now and then. The latest was from Tumblr and found its way to Twitter. As they say, the rest is history.
Your birthday in Roman numerals using DD.MM.YYYY notation is:
Here’s a quick list of all the fun birthday facts about August 7, 1988. Celebrities, famous birthdays, historical events, and past life were excluded.
- Day index: 220th day of 1988
- Day of week: Sunday
- Day of week birthstone: Topaz
- Week index: 32nd Sunday of 1988
- Next same calendar year: 2044
- Day of week this year: Monday
- Day of week next year: Wednesday
- Day of week in 2025: Thursday
- Days until next birthday: 181 days
- Age on next birthday: 35 years old
- Days since birth: 12,602 days
- Days spent sleeping: 4,201 days
- Years spent sleeping: 11.50 years
- Part of life spent sleeping: 33%
- Full moons since birth: 427
- Next full moon: March 7 at 12:42:00 GMT – Tuesday
- First one billion seconds: Sometime on April 15, 2020
- Age in dog years: 156 dog years old using a Jack Russell Terrier breed
- Life path number and meaning: 5 – It represents progress, adventure and opportunity. You possess the curiosity of a cat and long to experience all of life.
- Western zodiac sign: Leo ♌ (The Lion)
- Western zodiac element: Fire
- Western zodiac sign quality: Fixed
- Western zodiac ruling planet: Sun – the center of our universe
- Western zodiac gemstone: Onyx
- Eastern zodiac animal: Dragon
- Eastern zodiac element: Earth
- Modern birthstone: Peridot
- Mystical birthstone: Diamond (based on Tibetan origin)
- Birth flower: Poppy for preparedness
- Best compatible birthday: April 15, 1965 (+157)
- Worst compatible birthday: September 21, 1989 (-181)
- 1988 world population: 5,114,557,167
- Number one song: Roll With It by Steve Winwood (August 13, 1988)
- Babies born in 1988: 139,142,510
- Babies born in 1988 every day: 380,171
- Babies born in 1988 every minute: 264
- Popular girl’s name: Jessica – 51,538 babies
- Popular boy’s name: Michael – 64,133 babies
- Roman numerals: VII.VIII.MCMLXXXVIII
Try another birth date of someone you know or try the birthday of these celebrities: September 8, 1922 – Sid Caesar, American actor and singer (d. 2014); March 19, 1953 – Ricky Wilson, American singer-songwriter and guitarist (The B-52's) (d. 1985); November 5, 1973 – Danniella Westbrook, English actress.
Don’t forget to share the info with your friends, loved ones, or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.
Word count: 2,079