Here are some snazzy birthday facts about 31st of December 1979 that no one tells you about. Don’t wait a minute longer and jump in using the content links below. Average read time of 11 minutes. Enjoy!
December 31, 1979 was a Monday and it was the 365th day of the year 1979. It was the 53rd Monday of that year. The next time you can reuse your old 1979 calendar will be in 2029. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a lunisolar calendar.
The day of the week of your birthday this year is Friday. Next year it will be Saturday and two years from now it will be Sunday. You can check the calendars below if you’re planning what to do on your birthday.
There are 349 days left before your next birthday. You will be 42 years old when that day comes. There have been 14,992 days from the day you were born up to today. If you’ve been sleeping 8 hours daily since birth, then you have slept a total of 4,997 days or 13.68 years. You spent 33% of your life sleeping. Since night and day always follow each other, there were precisely 508 full moons after you were born up to this day. How many of them did you see? The next full moon that you can see will be on January 28 at 19:17:00 GMT – Thursday.
Fun stat: Your first one billion seconds (1,000,000,000) happened sometime on September 8, 2011.
If a dog named Presa - a Boston Terrier breed, was born on the same date as you then it will be 184 dog years old today. A dog’s first human year is equal to 15 dog years. Dogs age differently depending on breed and size. When you reach the age of 6 Presa will be 40 dog years old. From that point forward a small-sized dog like Presa will age 4 dog years for every human year.
Wanna share this info in social media? Make sure to take a screenshot first. Dog name and breed are randomly generated. Try reloading this page to see a new pet name and a different breed.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
You might be happy to know that the following celebrities share your birthday. The list was randomly chosen and arranged in chronological order.
- 1790Antonie Adamberger
- 1918Virginia Davis
- 1937Anthony Hopkins
- 1942Andy Summers
- 1944Taylor Hackford
- 1948Joe Dallesandro
- 1966Lisa Joyner
- 1972Joey McIntyre
- 1976Craig Reucassel
- 1984Paul Rodriguez
View the complete list of December 31 celebrity birthdays.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Just for fun! Try your love match score with anyone. Even officemates, schoolmates, or find out the score for your parents and relatives. Don’t limit yourself – you can also pair yourself with any celebrity. It’s a FREE report. Nothing to buy!
Here’s a short list of famous people in history who were born on Dec 31.
- 1741Princess Isabella of Parma (d. 1763)
- 1899Silvestre Revueltas, Mexican violinist, composer, and conductor (d. 1940)
- 1919G. Wood, American actor (d. 2000)
- 1937Tess Jaray, Austrian-English painter
- 1946Pius Ncube, Zimbabwean archbishop
- 1951Terry Rhoads, American actor (d. 2013)
- 1956Hussein Ahmed Salah, Djiboutian runner
- 1968Junot Díaz, Dominican-American author and academic
- 1979Noriko Nakagoshi, Japanese actress
- 1995Gabby Douglas, American gymnast
View the complete list of December 31 famous birthdays.
Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters JJJUEEUJTL? Check your answers here: Word solver JJJUEEUJTL. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
These were the events that made history that coincide with your birthday.
- 535Byzantine general Belisarius completes the conquest of Sicily, defeating the Gothic garrison of Palermo (Panormos), and ending his consulship for the year.
- 1660James II of England is named Duke of Normandy by Louis XIV of France.
- 1759Arthur Guinness signs a 9,000 year lease at £45 per annum and starts brewing Guinness.
- 1775American Revolutionary War: Battle of Quebec: British forces repulse an attack by Continental Army General Richard Montgomery.
- 1951The Marshall Plan expires after distributing more than US$13.3 billion in foreign aid to rebuild Europe.
- 1967The Youth International Party, popularly known as the “Yippies”, is founded.
- 1983In Nigeria a coup d'état led by Major General Muhammadu Buhari ends the Second Nigerian Republic.
- 1998The European Exchange Rate Mechanism freezes the values of the legacy currencies in the Eurozone, and establishes the value of the euro currency.
- 2004The official opening of Taipei 101, the tallest skyscraper at that time in the world, standing at a height of 509 m.
- 2010Tornadoes touch down in midwestern and southern United States, including Washington County, Arkansas; Greater St. Louis, Sunset Hills, Missouri, Illinois, and Oklahoma, with a few tornadoes in the early hours. A total 36 tornadoes touched down, resulting in the deaths of nine people and $113 million in damages.
View the complete list of December 31 historical events.
Curious about this Rainbow Pop? This is a party item you can activate and send to your friends when you play the free game Jump Birthday Party. It’s a fun and easy-to-play mobile game for all ages. Get free 1,000 gold coins when you download today!
Your birthday numbers 12, 31, and 1979 reveal that your Life Path number is 6. It represents justice, nurturing and responsibility. You possess great compassion and seek to be of service to others.
The following celebrities also have the same life path number: Bob Wills, Julien Duvivier, Eddie Kendricks, Nastassja Kinski, Sherry Jackson, Harald Eia, Jamie Theakston, Douglas Henshall, French Montana, Florence Desmond.
The Western zodiac or sun sign of a person born on December 31 is Capricorn ♑ (The Sea-goat) – a cardinal sign with Earth as Western element. The ruling planet is Saturn – the planet of discipline. According to the ancient art of Chinese astrology (or Eastern zodiac), Sheep is the mythical animal and Earth is the Eastern element of a person born on December 31, 1979.
Turquoise is the modern birthstone for the month of December while Onyx is the mystical birth stone (based on Tibetan origin). The zodiac gemstone for Capricorn is ruby. Lastly, the birthday stone for the day of the week ‘Monday’ is pearl.
Fun fact: The birth flower for 31st December 1979 is Holly for precious moments.
When it comes to love and relationship, you are most compatible with a person born on February 4, 1962. You have a Birthday Compatibility score of +124. Imagine being in love with your soul mate. On the negative side, you are most incompatible with a person born on June 17, 1968. Your score is -145. You’ll be like a cat and a dog on a love-hate relationship. Arf-arf, I want to bite you. Meow-meow, stay away from me!
Did someone send you this link? Here’s a birthday wish just for you! Don’t forget to thank the kind soul who sent you this ninja page.
TIP: Click the image above if you want to save the high quality version for posting to social media like Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest. You can also get a new random wish if you want to (the page will reload).
In a room of 23 people there’s a 50% chance of two individuals having the same birthday (month and day only and not a leap year). The chance increases to 99.9% if there are 70 people in the room. You need at least 253 people in the room if you want someone to have the same birthday as you with 50% probability. This is called the birthday paradox or birthday problem. Try it out on your classroom, office, or sports team and confirm how many people share the same birthday.
Fun stat: The world population in the year of your birth is 4,379,013,942. (U.S. Census Bureau)
The number-one hit song in the U.S. at the day of your birth was Please Don’t Go by KC and the Sunshine Band as compiled by Billboard Hot 100 (January 5, 1980). Ask your parents if they know this popular song.
I do not know how you feel about this, but you were a female ♀ in your last earthly incarnation. You were born somewhere around the territory of Newfoundland approximately on 1050. Your profession was medicine man, surgeon, herbalist.
Your brief psychological profile in that past life: You had a mind of a scientist, always seeking new explanations. Environment often misunderstood you. Had a respectable knowledge.
Lessons that your last past life brought to present: Magic is everywhere around you, in most usual, most ordinary incidents. Your lesson – to learn magic and to help people to see it clearly. You are a magician!
Can you remember who you were?
Base on the data published by the United Nations Population Division, an estimated 123,688,258 babies were born throughout the world in the year 1979. The estimated number of babies born on 31st December 1979 is 338,872. That’s equivalent to 235 babies every minute. Try to imagine if all of them are crying at the same time.
In the United States, the most popular baby name is Jennifer. This name was given to 56,718 baby girls. For the boys it’s Michael. This name was recorded 67,733 times in the year 1979. Any chance you are Jennifer or Michael? (Source: ssa.gov)
What’s your bizarre Florida Man story? The #FloridaManChallenge is breaking the Internet and social media. Some crazy men, women, or creatures from the Sunshine State are making headlines every day of the year including your birthday. Try this fun exercise. Pick your search engine of choice and type in “florida man December 31” and see what kind of wild news headline you will get. This viral craze started in 2013 and gets resurrected now and then. The latest was from Tumblr and found its way to Twitter. As they say, the rest is history.
Your birthday in Roman numerals using DD.MM.YYYY notation is:
Here’s a quick list of all the fun birthday facts about December 31, 1979. Celebrities, famous birthdays, historical events, and past life were excluded.
- Day index: 365th day of 1979
- Day of week: Monday
- Day of week birthstone: Pearl
- Week index: 53rd Monday of 1979
- Next same calendar year: 2029
- Day of week this year: Friday
- Day of week next year: Saturday
- Day of week in 2023: Sunday
- Days until next birthday: 349 days
- Age on next birthday: 42 years old
- Days since birth: 14,992 days
- Days spent sleeping: 4,997 days
- Years spent sleeping: 13.68 years
- Part of life spent sleeping: 33%
- Full moons since birth: 508
- Next full moon: January 28 at 19:17:00 GMT – Thursday
- First one billion seconds: Sometime on September 8, 2011
- Age in dog years: 184 dog years old using a Boston Terrier breed
- Life path number and meaning: 6 – It represents justice, nurturing and responsibility. You possess great compassion and seek to be of service to others.
- Western zodiac sign: Capricorn ♑ (The Sea-goat)
- Western zodiac element: Earth
- Western zodiac sign quality: Cardinal
- Western zodiac ruling planet: Saturn – the planet of discipline
- Western zodiac gemstone: Ruby
- Eastern zodiac animal: Sheep
- Eastern zodiac element: Earth
- Modern birthstone: Turquoise
- Mystical birthstone: Onyx (based on Tibetan origin)
- Birth flower: Holly for precious moments
- Best compatible birthday: February 4, 1962 (+124)
- Worst compatible birthday: June 17, 1968 (-145)
- 1979 world population: 4,379,013,942
- Number one song: Please Don’t Go by KC and the Sunshine Band (January 5, 1980)
- Babies born in 1979: 123,688,258
- Babies born in 1979 every day: 338,872
- Babies born in 1979 every minute: 235
- Popular girl’s name: Jennifer – 56,718 babies
- Popular boy’s name: Michael – 67,733 babies
- Roman numerals: XXXI.XII.MCMLXXIX
Try another birth date of someone you know or try the birthday of these celebrities: January 27, 1968 – Mike Patton, American singer-songwriter, producer, and actor (Faith No More, Mr. Bungle, Fantômas, Tomahawk, and Lovage); October 27, 1978 – Manami Konishi, Japanese actress and singer; February 9, 1909 – Carmen Miranda, Portuguese-Brazilian actress, singer, and dancer (d. 1955).
Don’t forget to share the info with your friends, loved ones, or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.
Word count: 2,129