Here are some snazzy birthday facts about 1st of January 1973 that no one tells you about. Don’t wait a minute longer and jump in using the content links below. Average read time of 10 minutes. Enjoy!
January 1, 1973 was a Monday and it was the 1st day of the year 1973. It was the 1st Monday of that year. The next time you can reuse your old 1973 calendar will be in 2029. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a lunisolar calendar.
The day of the week of your birthday this year was Sunday. Next year it will be Monday and two years from now it will be Wednesday. You can check the calendars below if you’re planning what to do on your birthday.
There are 330 days left before your next birthday. You will be 51 years old when that day comes. There have been 18,297 days from the day you were born up to today. If you’ve been sleeping 8 hours daily since birth, then you have slept a total of 6,099 days or 16.70 years. You spent 33% of your life sleeping. Since night and day always follow each other, there were precisely 619 full moons after you were born up to this day. How many of them did you see? The next full moon that you can see will be on February 5 at 18:30:00 GMT – Sunday.
Fun stat: Your first one billion seconds (1,000,000,000) happened sometime on September 9, 2004.
If a dog named Dove - a Brussels Griffon breed, was born on the same date as you then it will be 220 dog years old today. A dog’s first human year is equal to 15 dog years. Dogs age differently depending on breed and size. When you reach the age of 6 Dove will be 40 dog years old. From that point forward a small-sized dog like Dove will age 4 dog years for every human year.
Wanna share this info in social media? Make sure to take a screenshot first. Dog name and breed are randomly generated. Try reloading this page to see a new pet name and a different breed.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
You might be happy to know that the following celebrities share your birthday. The list was randomly chosen and arranged in chronological order.
- 1909Dana Andrews
- 1919Carole Landis
- 1920Willie Fennell
- 1932Leman Çıdamlı
- 1969Nicolle Dickson
- 1969Verne Troyer
- 1970Kimberly Page
- 1977Jerry Yan
- 1983Thomas Morrison
- 1999Diamond White
View the complete list of January 1 celebrity birthdays.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Just for fun! Try your love match score with anyone. Even officemates, schoolmates, or find out the score for your parents and relatives. Don’t limit yourself – you can also pair yourself with any celebrity. It’s a FREE report. Nothing to buy!
Here’s a short list of famous people in history who were born on Jan 1.
- 1628Christoph Bernhard, German composer and theorist (d. 1692)
- 1735Paul Revere, American silversmith and engraver (d. 1818)
- 1852Eugène-Anatole Demarçay, French chemist and academic (d. 1904)
- 1936Don Nehlen, American football player and coach
- 1950Wayne Bennett, Australian rugby player and coach
- 1952İbrahim Tatlıses, Turkish singer and actor
- 1953Alpha Blondy, Ivorian-American singer-songwriter
- 1963Lina Kačiušytė, Lithuanian swimmer
- 1968Miki Higashino, Japanese pianist and composer
- 1980Daniil Sapljoshin, Estonian kick-boxer
View the complete list of January 1 famous birthdays.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Rick’s personality and get smart about names today. (Sponsored links)
These were the events that made history that coincide with your birthday.
- 1700Russia begins using the Anno Domini era and no longer uses the Anno Mundi era of the Byzantine Empire.
- 1788First edition of The Times of London, previously The Daily Universal Register, is published.
- 1833The United Kingdom claims sovereignty over the Falkland Islands.
- 1860First Polish stamp is issued.
- 1910Captain David Beatty is promoted to Rear admiral, and becomes the youngest admiral in the Royal Navy (except for Royal family members), since Horatio Nelson.
- 1916German troops abandon Yaoundé and their Kamerun colony to British forces and begin the long march to Spanish Guinea.
- 1934Alcatraz Island becomes a United States federal prison.
- 1942The Declaration by United Nations is signed by twenty-six nations.
- 1986Spain and Portugal are admitted into the European Community.
- 1994The North American Free Trade Agreement comes into effect.
View the complete list of January 1 historical events.
Curious about this Choco Buttercream? This is a party item you can activate and send to your friends when you play the free game Jump Birthday Party. It’s a fun and easy-to-play mobile game for all ages. Get free 1,000 gold coins when you download today!
Your birthday numbers 1, 1, and 1973 reveal that your Life Path number is 4. It represents growth, building and foundation. You are practical, down to earth with strong ideas about right and wrong.
The following celebrities also have the same life path number: Maulik Pancholy, Kelley Menighan Hensley, Chuck Leavell, Stan Brakhage, Roy Hudd, Jon Foo, Dan Dailey, Tom Georgeson, Michael Sembello, Shaun Parkes.
The Western zodiac or sun sign of a person born on January 1 is Capricorn ♑ (The Sea-goat) – a cardinal sign with Earth as Western element. The ruling planet is Saturn – the planet of discipline. According to the ancient art of Chinese astrology (or Eastern zodiac), Rat is the mythical animal and Water is the Eastern element of a person born on January 1, 1973.
Garnet is the modern birthstone for the month of January while Emerald is the mystical birth stone (based on Tibetan origin). The zodiac gemstone for Capricorn is ruby. Lastly, the birthday stone for the day of the week ‘Monday’ is pearl.
Fun fact: The birth flower for 1st January 1973 is Carnation for friendship.
When it comes to love and relationship, you are most compatible with a person born on August 4, 1955. You have a Birthday Compatibility score of +192. Imagine being in love with your soul mate. On the negative side, you are most incompatible with a person born on May 27, 1968. Your score is -154. You’ll be like a cat and a dog on a love-hate relationship. Arf-arf, I want to bite you. Meow-meow, stay away from me!
Did someone send you this link? Here’s a birthday wish just for you! Don’t forget to thank the kind soul who sent you this ninja page.
TIP: Click the image above if you want to save the high quality version for posting to social media like Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest. You can also get a new random wish if you want to (the page will reload).
In a room of 23 people there’s a 50% chance of two individuals having the same birthday (month and day only and not a leap year). The chance increases to 99.9% if there are 70 people in the room. You need at least 253 people in the room if you want someone to have the same birthday as you with 50% probability. This is called the birthday paradox or birthday problem. Try it out on your classroom, office, or sports team and confirm how many people share the same birthday.
Fun stat: The world population in the year of your birth is 3,942,096,442. (U.S. Census Bureau)
The number-one hit song in the U.S. at the day of your birth was You’re So Vain by Carly Simon as compiled by Billboard Hot 100 (January 6, 1973). Ask your parents if they know this popular song.
I do not know how you feel about this, but you were a male ♂ in your last earthly incarnation. You were born somewhere around the territory of North of Latin America approximately on 975. Your profession was entertainer, musician, poet, temple-dancer.
Your brief psychological profile in that past life: You were sane, practical person, materialist with no spiritual consciousness. Your simple wisdom helped the weak and the poor.
Lessons that your last past life brought to present: You should develop your talent for love, happiness and enthusiasm and to distribute these feelings to all people.
Can you remember who you were?
Base on the data published by the United Nations Population Division, an estimated 121,831,979 babies were born throughout the world in the year 1973. The estimated number of babies born on 1st January 1973 is 333,786. That’s equivalent to 232 babies every minute. Try to imagine if all of them are crying at the same time.
In the United States, the most popular baby name is Jennifer. This name was given to 62,451 baby girls. For the boys it’s Michael. This name was recorded 67,846 times in the year 1973. Any chance you are Jennifer or Michael? (Source: ssa.gov)
What’s your bizarre Florida Man story? The #FloridaManChallenge is breaking the Internet and social media. Some crazy men, women, or creatures from the Sunshine State are making headlines every day of the year including your birthday. Try this fun exercise. Pick your search engine of choice and type in “florida man January 1” and see what kind of wild news headline you will get. This viral craze started in 2013 and gets resurrected now and then. The latest was from Tumblr and found its way to Twitter. As they say, the rest is history.
Your birthday in Roman numerals using DD.MM.YYYY notation is:
Here’s a quick list of all the fun birthday facts about January 1, 1973. Celebrities, famous birthdays, historical events, and past life were excluded.
- Day index: 1st day of 1973
- Day of week: Monday
- Day of week birthstone: Pearl
- Week index: 1st Monday of 1973
- Next same calendar year: 2029
- Day of week this year: Sunday
- Day of week next year: Monday
- Day of week in 2025: Wednesday
- Days until next birthday: 330 days
- Age on next birthday: 51 years old
- Days since birth: 18,297 days
- Days spent sleeping: 6,099 days
- Years spent sleeping: 16.70 years
- Part of life spent sleeping: 33%
- Full moons since birth: 619
- Next full moon: February 5 at 18:30:00 GMT – Sunday
- First one billion seconds: Sometime on September 9, 2004
- Age in dog years: 220 dog years old using a Brussels Griffon breed
- Life path number and meaning: 4 – It represents growth, building and foundation. You are practical, down to earth with strong ideas about right and wrong.
- Western zodiac sign: Capricorn ♑ (The Sea-goat)
- Western zodiac element: Earth
- Western zodiac sign quality: Cardinal
- Western zodiac ruling planet: Saturn – the planet of discipline
- Western zodiac gemstone: Ruby
- Eastern zodiac animal: Rat
- Eastern zodiac element: Water
- Modern birthstone: Garnet
- Mystical birthstone: Emerald (based on Tibetan origin)
- Birth flower: Carnation for friendship
- Best compatible birthday: August 4, 1955 (+192)
- Worst compatible birthday: May 27, 1968 (-154)
- 1973 world population: 3,942,096,442
- Number one song: You’re So Vain by Carly Simon (January 6, 1973)
- Babies born in 1973: 121,831,979
- Babies born in 1973 every day: 333,786
- Babies born in 1973 every minute: 232
- Popular girl’s name: Jennifer – 62,451 babies
- Popular boy’s name: Michael – 67,846 babies
- Roman numerals: I.I.MCMLXXIII
Try another birth date of someone you know or try the birthday of these celebrities: January 18, 1980 – Jason Segel, American actor, singer, and screenwriter; October 25, 1936 – Masako Nozawa, Japanese actress and singer; September 13, 1973 – Olve Eikemo, Norwegian singer-songwriter and guitarist (Immortal, I, and Old Funeral).
Don’t forget to share the info with your friends, loved ones, or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.
Word count: 2,027