Here are some snazzy birthday facts about 16th of May 1947 that no one tells you about. Don’t wait a minute longer and jump in using the content links below. Average read time of 4 minutes. Enjoy!
May 16, 1947 was a Friday and it was the 136th day of the year 1947. The next time you can reuse your old 1947 calendar will be in 2025. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a lunisolar calendar.
The day of the week of your birthday this year is Tuesday. Next year it will be Wednesday and two years from now it will be Thursday. You can check the calendars below if you’re planning what to do on your birthday.
There are 19 days left before your next birthday. You will be 70 years old when that day comes. There have been 25,549 days from the day you were born up to today. Since night and day always follow each other, there were exactly 865 full moons after you were born up to this day. How many of them did you see? The next full moon that you can see will be on May 10 at 21:44:00 GMT – Wednesday.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
You might be happy to know that the following celebrities share your birthday. The list was randomly chosen and arranged in chronological order.
- 1905Henry Fonda
- 1955Hazel O'Connor
- 1966Celia Ireland
- 1975Tony Kakko
- 1981Joseph Morgan
- 1983Nancy Ajram
- 1986Shamcey Supsup
- 1989Behati Prinsloo
- 1998Ariel Waller
View the complete list of celebrity birthdays for May 16.
Here’s a short list of famous people in history who were born on May 16.
- 1905Henry Fonda, American actor, singer, and producer (d. 1982)
- 1906Arturo Uslar Pietri, Venezuelan lawyer, journalist, and author (d. 2001)
- 1910Olga Bergholz, Russian poet and author (d. 1975)
- 1948Emma Georgina Rothschild, English historian and academic
- 1958Glenn Gregory, English singer-songwriter (Heaven 17, Honeyroot, and ABC)
- 1960Steve Scott, British journalist and presenter
- 1967Doug Brocail, American baseball player and coach
- 1971Rachel Goswell, English singer-songwriter and guitarist (Slowdive and Mojave 3)
- 1983Nancy Ajram, Lebanese singer
- 1984Jensen Lewis, American baseball player
View the complete list of famous birthdays for May 16.
These were the events that made history that coincide with your birthday.
- 1568Mary, Queen of Scots, flees to England.
- 1811Peninsular War: The allies Spain, Portugal and United Kingdom, defeat the French at the Battle of Albuera.
- 1843The first major wagon train heading for the Pacific Northwest sets out on the Oregon Trail with one thousand pioneers from Elm Grove, Missouri.
- 1866The U.S. Congress eliminates the half dime coin and replaces it with the five cent piece, or nickel.
- 1877May 1877 political crisis in France.
- 1929In Hollywood, the first Academy Awards are awarded.
- 1953American journalist William N. Oatis is released after serving 22 months of a ten-year prison sentence for espionage in Czechoslovakia.
- 1966The Communist Party of China issues the “May 16 Notice”, marking the beginning of the Cultural Revolution.
- 1974Josip Broz Tito is re-elected president of the Socialist Federal Republic of Yugoslavia. This time he is elected for life.
- 1991Queen Elizabeth II of the United Kingdom addresses a joint session of the United States Congress. She is the first British monarch to address the U.S. Congress.
View the complete list of historical events for May 16.
Curious about this Dark Chocolate? This is a party item you can activate and send to your friends when you play the free game Jump Birthday Party. It’s a fun and easy-to-play mobile game for all ages. Get free 1,000 gold coins when you download today!
Your birthday numbers 5, 16 and 1947 reveal that your Life Path number is 6. It represents justice, nurturing and responsibility. You possess great compassion and seek to be of service to others.
The following celebrities also have the same life path number: Bai Ling, Juan Pedro Lanzani, Danny Antonucci, MC Chris, Albano Carrisi, Pimchanok Luevisadpaibul, Renzo Montagnani, John Mellencamp, Corky Siegel, Clarence Williams III.
The zodiac sign of a person born on May 16 is Taurus ♉. According to the ancient art of Chinese astrology (or Chinese zodiac), Pig is the mythical animal and Fire is the element of a person born on May 16, 1947.
Emerald is the modern birthstone for the month of May while Sapphire is the mystical birth stone (based on Tibetan origin). The zodiac gemstone for Taurus is sapphire. Lastly, the birthday stone for the day of the week ‘Friday’ is emerald.
Try another birth date of someone you know or try the birthday of these celebrities: July 22, 1963 – Emily Saliers, American singer-songwriter and guitarist (Indigo Girls); December 27, 1906 – Oscar Levant, American pianist, composer, and actor (d. 1972); September 22, 1982 – Katie Lowes, American actress.
Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.
Word count: 868