Here are some snazzy birthday facts about 16th of May 1947 that no one tells you about. Don’t wait a minute longer and jump in using the content links below. Average read time of 6 minutes. Enjoy!
May 16, 1947 was a Friday and it was the 136th day of the year 1947. The next time you can reuse your old 1947 calendar will be in 2025. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a lunisolar calendar.
The day of the week of your birthday this year was Tuesday. Next year it will be Wednesday and two years from now it will be Thursday. You can check the calendars below if you’re planning what to do on your birthday.
There are 204 days left before your next birthday. You will be 71 years old when that day comes. There have been 25,729 days from the day you were born up to today. Since night and day always follow each other, there were exactly 871 full moons after you were born up to this day. How many of them did you see? The next full moon that you can see will be on November 4 at 05:24:00 GMT – Saturday.
If a dog named Dyme - a Rat Terrier breed, was born on the same date as you then it will be 300 dog years old today. A dog’s first human year is equal to 15 dog years. Dogs age differently depending on breed and size. When you reach the age of 6 Dyme will be 40 dog years old. From that point forward a small-sized dog like Dyme will age 4 dog years for every human year.
Wanna share this info in social media? Make sure to take a screenshot first. Dog name and breed are randomly generated. Try reloading this page to see a new pet name and a different breed.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
You might be happy to know that the following celebrities share your birthday. The list was randomly chosen and arranged in chronological order.
- 1905Henry Fonda
- 1929Betty Carter
- 1959Mare Winningham
- 1964Milton Jones
- 1966Metin Şentürk
- 1974Adam Richman
- 1979Barbara Nedeljáková
- 1989Behati Prinsloo
- 1990Thomas Brodie-Sangster
- 1994Miles Heizer
View the complete list of celebrity birthdays for May 16.
Did you know? It takes as little as 8 hours of one-on-one tutoring to improve a full letter grade, according to a nationwide poll of private tutors. Click here to search for a tutor today! More than 80,000 tutors in 300+ subjects. (Sponsored link; US only)
Here’s a short list of famous people in history who were born on May 16.
- 1763Louis Nicolas Vauquelin, French pharmacist and chemist (d. 1829)
- 1879Pierre Gilliard, Swiss author and academic (d. 1962)
- 1920Martine Carol, French actress (d. 1967)
- 1922Eddie Bert, American trombonist (d. 2012)
- 1964John Salley, American basketball player and actor
- 1970Danielle Spencer, Australian singer-songwriter and actress
- 1973Kōsuke Toriumi, Japanese voice actor
- 1980Nuria Llagostera Vives, Spanish tennis player
- 1985Emanuel Saldaño, Argentinian cyclist (d. 2014)
- 1986Shamcey Supsup, Filipino model and architect
View the complete list of famous birthdays for May 16.
Create unlimited collages for every occasion, big or small. Share online with animation and music, or print as heartfelt decor, keepsake cards, or frame-worthy gifts. Turn photos into art with Smilebox. It’s FREE - download now! (Sponsored link)
These were the events that made history that coincide with your birthday.
- 218Julia Maesa, aunt of the assassinated Caracalla, is banished to her home in Syria by the self-proclaimed emperor Macrinus and declares her 14-year-old grandson Elagabalus, emperor of Rome.
- 1532Sir Thomas More resigns as Lord Chancellor of England.
- 1771The Battle of Alamance, a pre-American Revolutionary War battle between local militia and a group of rebels called The “Regulators”, occurs in present-day Alamance County, North Carolina.
- 1834The Battle of Asseiceira is fought, the last and decisive engagement of the Liberal Wars in Portugal.
- 1866The U.S. Congress eliminates the half dime coin and replaces it with the five cent piece, or nickel.
- 1929In Hollywood, the first Academy Awards are awarded.
- 1960Theodore Maiman operates the first optical laser (a ruby laser), at Hughes Research Laboratories in Malibu, California.
- 1991Queen Elizabeth II of the United Kingdom addresses a joint session of the United States Congress. She is the first British monarch to address the U.S. Congress.
- 2003In Casablanca, Morocco, 33 civilians are killed and more than 100 people are injured in the Casablanca terrorist attacks.
- 2007Nicolas Sarkozy takes office as President of France.
View the complete list of historical events for May 16.
Curious about this Yellow Drizzle Altos? This is a party item you can activate and send to your friends when you play the free game Jump Birthday Party. It’s a fun and easy-to-play mobile game for all ages. Get free 1,000 gold coins when you download today!
Your birthday numbers 5, 16 and 1947 reveal that your Life Path number is 6. It represents justice, nurturing and responsibility. You possess great compassion and seek to be of service to others.
The following celebrities also have the same life path number: Gerard Parkes, Elliott Murphy, Hiroya Matsumoto, Josh Charles, Kevin Clash, Marian Rivera, Mighty Joe Young, Daisuke Ishiwatari, Gigi Edgley, Lee Seung-hoon.
The zodiac sign of a person born on May 16 is Taurus ♉. According to the ancient art of Chinese astrology (or Chinese zodiac), Pig is the mythical animal and Fire is the element of a person born on May 16, 1947.
Hmmm... what do the stars have to say about you today? Get your daily Taurus horoscope for free. Get a boost from the stars! Make today a great day for love, money, and career. Your horoscope is available in daily, weekly, monthly, and even yearly forecast.
Emerald is the modern birthstone for the month of May while Sapphire is the mystical birth stone (based on Tibetan origin). The zodiac gemstone for Taurus is sapphire. Lastly, the birthday stone for the day of the week ‘Friday’ is emerald.
I do not know how you feel about this, but you were a male ♂ in your last earthly incarnation. You were born somewhere around the territory of Turkey approximately on 1550. Your profession was farmer, weaver, tailor.
Your brief psychological profile in that past life: You always liked to travel, to investigate, could have been detective or spy.
Lessons that your last past life brought to present: Your lesson – development and expansion of your mental consciousness. Find good teacher, spend a part of your time and energy on his wisdom.
Can you remember who you were?
Try another birth date of someone you know or try the birthday of these celebrities: January 19, 1980 – Luke Macfarlane, Canadian-American actor and singer; November 24, 1990 – Sarah Hyland, American actress; June 15, 1961 – Yoshimi Iwasaki, Japanese singer and actress (Sound Horizon).
Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.
Word count: 1,223