Here are some snazzy birthday facts about 16th of May 1947 that no one tells you about. Don’t wait a minute longer and jump in using the content links below. Average read time of 10 minutes. Enjoy!
May 16, 1947 was a Friday and it was the 136th day of the year 1947. It was the 20th Friday of that year. The next time you can reuse your old 1947 calendar will be in 2025. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a lunisolar calendar.
The day of the week of your birthday this year was Saturday. Next year it will be Sunday and two years from now it will be Monday. You can check the calendars below if you’re planning what to do on your birthday.
There are 167 days left before your next birthday. You will be 74 years old when that day comes. There have been 26,862 days from the day you were born up to today. If you’ve been sleeping 8 hours daily since birth, then you have slept a total of 8,954 days or 24.51 years. You spent 33% of your life sleeping. Since night and day always follow each other, there were precisely 909 full moons after you were born up to this day. How many of them did you see? The next full moon that you can see will be on November 30 at 09:31:00 GMT – Monday.
Fun stat: Your first one billion seconds (1,000,000,000) happened sometime on January 22, 1979.
If a dog named Chango - a Saluki breed, was born on the same date as you then it will be 384 dog years old today. A dog’s first human year is equal to 15 dog years. Dogs age differently depending on breed and size. When you reach the age of 6 Chango will be 45 dog years old. From that point forward a large-sized dog like Chango will age 5-6 dog years for every human year.
Wanna share this info in social media? Make sure to take a screenshot first. Dog name and breed are randomly generated. Try reloading this page to see a new pet name and a different breed.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
You might be happy to know that the following celebrities share your birthday. The list was randomly chosen and arranged in chronological order.
- 1944Danny Trejo
- 1948Jesper Christensen
- 1955Debra Winger
- 1963Mercedes Echerer
- 1966Celia Ireland
- 1969Tracey Gold
- 1973Kōsuke Toriumi
- 1974Laura Pausini
- 1979Barbara Nedeljáková
- 1998Ariel Waller
View the complete list of May 16 celebrity birthdays.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Just for fun! Try your love match score with anyone. Even officemates, schoolmates, or find out the score for your parents and relatives. Don’t limit yourself – you can also pair yourself with any celebrity. It’s a FREE report. Nothing to buy!
Here’s a short list of famous people in history who were born on May 16.
- 1611Pope Innocent XI (d. 1689)
- 1819Johann Voldemar Jannsen, Estonian journalist and poet (d. 1890)
- 1917Ben Kuroki, American sergeant and pilot (d. 2015)
- 1938Stuart Bell, English lawyer and politician (d. 2012)
- 1950Bruce Coville, American author
- 1964Boyd Tinsley, American singer-songwriter and violinist (Dave Matthews Band)
- 1973Jason Acuña, American actor and stuntman
- 1982Ju Ji-hoon, South Korean actor
- 1988Jaak Põldma, Estonian tennis player
- 1990Darko Šarović, Serbian sprinter
View the complete list of May 16 famous birthdays.
Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters FAUORITE? Check your answers here: Word solver FAUORITE. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
These were the events that made history that coincide with your birthday.
- 1204Baldwin IX, Count of Flanders is crowned as the first Emperor of the Latin Empire.
- 1532Sir Thomas More resigns as Lord Chancellor of England.
- 1568Mary, Queen of Scots, flees to England.
- 1834The Battle of Asseiceira is fought, the last and decisive engagement of the Liberal Wars in Portugal.
- 1914The first ever National Challenge Cup final is played. Brooklyn Field Club defeats Brooklyn Celtic 2–1.
- 1919A naval Curtiss NC-4 aircraft commanded by Albert Cushing Read leaves Trepassey, Newfoundland, for Lisbon via the Azores on the first transatlantic flight.
- 1966The Communist Party of China issues the “May 16 Notice”, marking the beginning of the Cultural Revolution.
- 1988A report by the Surgeon General of the United States C. Everett Koop states that the addictive properties of nicotine are similar to those of heroin and cocaine.
- 1991Queen Elizabeth II of the United Kingdom addresses a joint session of the United States Congress. She is the first British monarch to address the U.S. Congress.
- 2005Kuwait permits women’s suffrage in a 35–23 National Assembly vote.
View the complete list of May 16 historical events.
Curious about this Choco Lychee? This is a party item you can activate and send to your friends when you play the free game Jump Birthday Party. It’s a fun and easy-to-play mobile game for all ages. Get free 1,000 gold coins when you download today!
Your birthday numbers 5, 16, and 1947 reveal that your Life Path number is 6. It represents justice, nurturing and responsibility. You possess great compassion and seek to be of service to others.
The following celebrities also have the same life path number: Sakis Boulas, King Sunny Adé, Annemieke Verdoorn, Stephanie Beacham, Oğuz Abadan, Gina Glocksen, Michael Cerveris, PMD, George Silver, Chas Chandler.
The Western zodiac or sun sign of a person born on May 16 is Taurus ♉ (The Bull) – a fixed sign with Earth as Western element. The ruling planet is Venus – the planet of love and beauty. According to the ancient art of Chinese astrology (or Eastern zodiac), Pig is the mythical animal and Fire is the Eastern element of a person born on May 16, 1947.
Emerald is the modern birthstone for the month of May while Sapphire is the mystical birth stone (based on Tibetan origin). The zodiac gemstone for Taurus is sapphire. Lastly, the birthday stone for the day of the week ‘Friday’ is emerald.
Fun fact: The birth flower for 16th May 1947 is Lily of the Valley for purity.
When it comes to love and relationship, you are most compatible with a person born on November 11, 1971. You have a Birthday Compatibility score of +116. Imagine being in love with your soul mate. On the negative side, you are most incompatible with a person born on December 10, 1955. Your score is -112. You’ll be like a cat and a dog on a love-hate relationship. Arf-arf, I want to bite you. Meow-meow, stay away from me!
Did someone send you this link? Here’s a birthday wish just for you! Don’t forget to thank the kind soul who sent you this ninja page.
TIP: Click the image above if you want to save the high quality version for posting to social media like Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest. You can also get a new random wish if you want to (the page will reload).
In a room of 23 people there’s a 50% chance of two individuals having the same birthday (month and day only and not a leap year). The chance increases to 99.9% if there are 70 people in the room. You need at least 253 people in the room if you want someone to have the same birthday as you with 50% probability. This is called the birthday paradox or birthday problem. Try it out on your classroom, office, or sports team and confirm how many people share the same birthday.
I do not know how you feel about this, but you were a male ♂ in your last earthly incarnation. You were born somewhere around the territory of Turkey approximately on 1550. Your profession was farmer, weaver, tailor.
Your brief psychological profile in that past life: You always liked to travel, to investigate, could have been detective or spy.
Lessons that your last past life brought to present: Your lesson – development and expansion of your mental consciousness. Find good teacher, spend a part of your time and energy on his wisdom.
Can you remember who you were?
In the United States, the most popular baby name is Linda. This name was given to 99,686 baby girls. For the boys it’s James. This name was recorded 94,756 times in the year 1947. Any chance you are Linda or James? (Source: ssa.gov)
What’s your bizarre Florida Man story? The #FloridaManChallenge is breaking the Internet and social media. Some crazy men, women, or creatures from the Sunshine State are making headlines every day of the year including your birthday. Try this fun exercise. Pick your search engine of choice and type in “florida man May 16” and see what kind of wild news headline you will get. This viral craze started in 2013 and gets resurrected now and then. The latest was from Tumblr and found its way to Twitter. As they say, the rest is history.
Your birthday in Roman numerals using DD.MM.YYYY notation is:
Here’s a quick list of all the fun birthday facts about May 16, 1947. Celebrities, famous birthdays, historical events, and past life were excluded.
- Day index: 136th day of 1947
- Day of week: Friday
- Day of week birthstone: Emerald
- Week index: 20th Friday of 1947
- Next same calendar year: 2025
- Day of week this year: Saturday
- Day of week next year: Sunday
- Day of week in 2022: Monday
- Days until next birthday: 167 days
- Age on next birthday: 74 years old
- Days since birth: 26,862 days
- Days spent sleeping: 8,954 days
- Years spent sleeping: 24.51 years
- Part of life spent sleeping: 33%
- Full moons since birth: 909
- Next full moon: November 30 at 09:31:00 GMT – Monday
- First one billion seconds: Sometime on January 22, 1979
- Age in dog years: 384 dog years old using a Saluki breed
- Life path number and meaning: 6 – It represents justice, nurturing and responsibility. You possess great compassion and seek to be of service to others.
- Western zodiac sign: Taurus ♉ (The Bull)
- Western zodiac element: Earth
- Western zodiac sign quality: Fixed
- Western zodiac ruling planet: Venus – the planet of love and beauty
- Western zodiac gemstone: Sapphire
- Eastern zodiac animal: Pig
- Eastern zodiac element: Fire
- Modern birthstone: Emerald
- Mystical birthstone: Sapphire (based on Tibetan origin)
- Birth flower: Lily of the Valley for purity
- Best compatible birthday: November 11, 1971 (+116)
- Worst compatible birthday: December 10, 1955 (-112)
- Popular girl’s name: Linda – 99,686 babies
- Popular boy’s name: James – 94,756 babies
- Roman numerals: XVI.V.MCMXLVII
Try another birth date of someone you know or try the birthday of these celebrities: February 14, 1992 – Freddie Highmore, English actor; June 7, 2004 – Clarence Delgado, Filipino actor; June 12, 1987 – Abbey Lee Kershaw, Australian model and actress.
Don’t forget to share the info with your friends, loved ones, or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.
Word count: 1,925