Here are some snazzy birthday facts about 17th of May 1980 that no one tells you about. Don’t wait a minute longer and jump in using the content links below. Average read time of 10 minutes. Enjoy!
May 17, 1980 was a Saturday and it was the 138th day of the year 1980. It was the 20th Saturday of that year. The next time you can reuse your old 1980 calendar will be in 2036. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a lunisolar calendar.
The day of the week of your birthday this year was Tuesday. Next year it will be Wednesday and two years from now it will be Friday. You can check the calendars below if you’re planning what to do on your birthday.
There are 161 days left before your next birthday. You will be 43 years old when that day comes. There have been 15,544 days from the day you were born up to today. If you’ve been sleeping 8 hours daily since birth, then you have slept a total of 5,181 days or 14.19 years. You spent 33% of your life sleeping. Since night and day always follow each other, there were precisely 526 full moons after you were born up to this day. How many of them did you see? The next full moon that you can see will be on December 8 at 04:10:00 GMT – Thursday.
Fun stat: Your first one billion seconds (1,000,000,000) happened sometime on January 24, 2012.
If a dog named Visconty - a Sussex Spaniel breed, was born on the same date as you then it will be 188 dog years old today. A dog’s first human year is equal to 15 dog years. Dogs age differently depending on breed and size. When you reach the age of 6 Visconty will be 40 dog years old. From that point forward a small-sized dog like Visconty will age 4 dog years for every human year.
Wanna share this info in social media? Make sure to take a screenshot first. Dog name and breed are randomly generated. Try reloading this page to see a new pet name and a different breed.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
You might be happy to know that the following celebrities share your birthday. The list was randomly chosen and arranged in chronological order.
- 1942Al White
- 1943David Simeon
- 1953Luca Prodan
- 1956Bob Saget
- 1963Taimo Toomast
- 1966Hill Harper
- 1973Steve Barakatt
- 1974Andrea Corr
- 1975Jonti Picking
- 1990Leven Rambin
View the complete list of May 17 celebrity birthdays.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Just for fun! Try your love match score with anyone. Even officemates, schoolmates, or find out the score for your parents and relatives. Don’t limit yourself – you can also pair yourself with any celebrity. It’s a FREE report. Nothing to buy!
Here’s a short list of famous people in history who were born on May 17.
- 1898A. J. Casson, Canadian painter (d. 1992)
- 1933Yelena Gorchakova, Russian javelin thrower (d. 2002)
- 1950Janez Drnovšek, Slovenian economist and politician, 2nd President of Slovenia (d. 2008)
- 1962Jane Moore, English journalist and author
- 1972Roman Genn, Russian-American illustrator
- 1982Chloe Smith, English politician
- 1982Tony Parker, French-American basketball player
- 1985Alyssa Stringfellow, New Zealand actress
- 1988Soccer, American acting dog (d. 2001)
- 1990Kree Harrison, American singer
View the complete list of May 17 famous birthdays.
Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters AQOQDO? Check your answers here: Unscramble words AQOQDO. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
These were the events that made history that coincide with your birthday.
- 1395Battle of Rovine, Wallachians defeat an invading Ottoman army.
- 1673Louis Jolliet and Jacques Marquette begin exploring the Mississippi River.
- 1792The New York Stock Exchange is formed under the Buttonwood Agreement.
- 1859Members of the Melbourne Football Club codified the first rules of Australian rules football.
- 1875Aristides wins the first Kentucky Derby.
- 1900Second Boer War: British troops relieve Mafeking.
- 1940World War II: Germany occupies Brussels, Belgium.
- 1973Watergate scandal: Televised hearings begin in the United States Senate.
- 1995Shawn Nelson steals a tank from a military installation and goes on a rampage in San Diego resulting in a 25-minute police chase. Nelson is killed by an officer after the tank got stuck on a concrete barrier and tried to break free.
- 2006The aircraft carrier USS Oriskany is sunk in the Gulf of Mexico as an artificial reef.
View the complete list of May 17 historical events.
Curious about this Langka Sprinkle? This is a party item you can activate and send to your friends when you play the free game Jump Birthday Party. It’s a fun and easy-to-play mobile game for all ages. Get free 1,000 gold coins when you download today!
Your birthday numbers 5, 17, and 1980 reveal that your Life Path number is 22. It is a master number that represents practical idealism and material mastery. You were born under the most powerful and potentially the most successful of all Life Path numbers.
The following celebrities also have the same life path number: Andrew Koenig, Diego Luna, Frank Shuster, Frl. Menke, Tristan Wilds, Scott Adsit, Sadashiv Amrapurkar, Ahmet Özhan, Grace Stafford, Johnny Vegas.
The Western zodiac or sun sign of a person born on May 17 is Taurus ♉ (The Bull) – a fixed sign with Earth as Western element. The ruling planet is Venus – the planet of love and beauty. According to the ancient art of Chinese astrology (or Eastern zodiac), Monkey is the mythical animal and Metal is the Eastern element of a person born on May 17, 1980.
Emerald is the modern birthstone for the month of May while Sapphire is the mystical birth stone (based on Tibetan origin). The zodiac gemstone for Taurus is sapphire. Lastly, the birthday stone for the day of the week ‘Saturday’ is turquoise.
Fun fact: The birth flower for 17th May 1980 is Lily of the Valley for purity.
When it comes to love and relationship, you are most compatible with a person born on June 28, 1999. You have a Birthday Compatibility score of +116. Imagine being in love with your soul mate. On the negative side, you are most incompatible with a person born on November 7, 1971. Your score is -182. You’ll be like a cat and a dog on a love-hate relationship. Arf-arf, I want to bite you. Meow-meow, stay away from me!
Did someone send you this link? Here’s a birthday wish just for you! Don’t forget to thank the kind soul who sent you this ninja page.
TIP: Click the image above if you want to save the high quality version for posting to social media like Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest. You can also get a new random wish if you want to (the page will reload).
In a room of 23 people there’s a 50% chance of two individuals having the same birthday (month and day only and not a leap year). The chance increases to 99.9% if there are 70 people in the room. You need at least 253 people in the room if you want someone to have the same birthday as you with 50% probability. This is called the birthday paradox or birthday problem. Try it out on your classroom, office, or sports team and confirm how many people share the same birthday.
Fun stat: The world population in the year of your birth is 4,451,362,735. (U.S. Census Bureau)
The number-one hit song in the U.S. at the day of your birth was Call Me by Blondie as compiled by Billboard Hot 100 (May 17, 1980). Ask your parents if they know this popular song.
I do not know how you feel about this, but you were a female ♀ in your last earthly incarnation. You were born somewhere around the territory of USA North-East approximately on 450. Your profession was librarian, priest, keeper of tribal relics.
Your brief psychological profile in that past life: Seeker of truth and wisdom. You could have seen your future lives. Others perceived you as an idealist illuminating path to the future.
Lessons that your last past life brought to present: Your lesson – development and expansion of your mental consciousness. Find good teacher, spend a part of your time and energy on his wisdom.
Can you remember who you were?
Base on the data published by the United Nations Population Division, an estimated 125,148,676 babies were born throughout the world in the year 1980. The estimated number of babies born on 17th May 1980 is 341,936. That’s equivalent to 237 babies every minute. Try to imagine if all of them are crying at the same time.
In the United States, the most popular baby name is Jennifer. This name was given to 58,376 baby girls. For the boys it’s Michael. This name was recorded 68,693 times in the year 1980. Any chance you are Jennifer or Michael? (Source: ssa.gov)
What’s your bizarre Florida Man story? The #FloridaManChallenge is breaking the Internet and social media. Some crazy men, women, or creatures from the Sunshine State are making headlines every day of the year including your birthday. Try this fun exercise. Pick your search engine of choice and type in “florida man May 17” and see what kind of wild news headline you will get. This viral craze started in 2013 and gets resurrected now and then. The latest was from Tumblr and found its way to Twitter. As they say, the rest is history.
Your birthday in Roman numerals using DD.MM.YYYY notation is:
Here’s a quick list of all the fun birthday facts about May 17, 1980. Celebrities, famous birthdays, historical events, and past life were excluded.
- Day index: 138th day of 1980
- Day of week: Saturday
- Day of week birthstone: Turquoise
- Week index: 20th Saturday of 1980
- Next same calendar year: 2036
- Day of week this year: Tuesday
- Day of week next year: Wednesday
- Day of week in 2024: Friday
- Days until next birthday: 161 days
- Age on next birthday: 43 years old
- Days since birth: 15,544 days
- Days spent sleeping: 5,181 days
- Years spent sleeping: 14.19 years
- Part of life spent sleeping: 33%
- Full moons since birth: 526
- Next full moon: December 8 at 04:10:00 GMT – Thursday
- First one billion seconds: Sometime on January 24, 2012
- Age in dog years: 188 dog years old using a Sussex Spaniel breed
- Life path number and meaning: 22 – It is a master number that represents practical idealism and material mastery. You were born under the most powerful and potentially the most successful of all Life Path numbers.
- Western zodiac sign: Taurus ♉ (The Bull)
- Western zodiac element: Earth
- Western zodiac sign quality: Fixed
- Western zodiac ruling planet: Venus – the planet of love and beauty
- Western zodiac gemstone: Sapphire
- Eastern zodiac animal: Monkey
- Eastern zodiac element: Metal
- Modern birthstone: Emerald
- Mystical birthstone: Sapphire (based on Tibetan origin)
- Birth flower: Lily of the Valley for purity
- Best compatible birthday: June 28, 1999 (+116)
- Worst compatible birthday: November 7, 1971 (-182)
- 1980 world population: 4,451,362,735
- Number one song: Call Me by Blondie (May 17, 1980)
- Babies born in 1980: 125,148,676
- Babies born in 1980 every day: 341,936
- Babies born in 1980 every minute: 237
- Popular girl’s name: Jennifer – 58,376 babies
- Popular boy’s name: Michael – 68,693 babies
- Roman numerals: XVII.V.MCMLXXX
Try another birth date of someone you know or try the birthday of these celebrities: May 28, 1949 – Sue Holderness, English actress; November 16, 1942 – Joanna Pettet, English-Canadian actress; June 16, 1947 – Tom Wyner, English-American voice actor, director, producer, and screenwriter.
Don’t forget to share the info with your friends, loved ones, or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.
Word count: 2,055