Here are some snazzy birthday facts about 20th of May 1976 that no one tells you about. Don’t wait a minute longer and jump in using the content links below. Average read time of 11 minutes. Enjoy!
May 20, 1976 was a Thursday and it was the 141st day of the year 1976. It was the 21st Thursday of that year. The next time you can reuse your old 1976 calendar will be in 2032. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a lunisolar calendar.
The day of the week of your birthday this year is Thursday. Next year it will be Friday and two years from now it will be Saturday. You can check the calendars below if you’re planning what to do on your birthday.
There are 30 days left before your next birthday. You will be 45 years old when that day comes. There have been 16,406 days from the day you were born up to today. If you’ve been sleeping 8 hours daily since birth, then you have slept a total of 5,469 days or 14.97 years. You spent 33% of your life sleeping. Since night and day always follow each other, there were precisely 555 full moons after you were born up to this day. How many of them did you see? The next full moon that you can see will be on April 27 at 03:34:00 GMT – Tuesday.
Fun stat: Your first one billion seconds (1,000,000,000) happened sometime on January 27, 2008.
If a dog named Deejay - a Treeing Tennessee Brindle breed, was born on the same date as you then it will be 218 dog years old today. A dog’s first human year is equal to 15 dog years. Dogs age differently depending on breed and size. When you reach the age of 6 Deejay will be 42 dog years old. From that point forward a medium-sized dog like Deejay will age 4.5 dog years for every human year.
Wanna share this info in social media? Make sure to take a screenshot first. Dog name and breed are randomly generated. Try reloading this page to see a new pet name and a different breed.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
You might be happy to know that the following celebrities share your birthday. The list was randomly chosen and arranged in chronological order.
- 1935Mickey Rose
- 1944Joe Cocker
- 1950Andy Johns
- 1954Guy Hoffman
- 1960Tony Goldwyn
- 1972Tina Hobley
- 1983Emma Williams
- 1983Manchu Manoj
- 1987Fra Fee
- 1992AJ Muhlach
View the complete list of May 20 celebrity birthdays.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Just for fun! Try your love match score with anyone. Even officemates, schoolmates, or find out the score for your parents and relatives. Don’t limit yourself – you can also pair yourself with any celebrity. It’s a FREE report. Nothing to buy!
Here’s a short list of famous people in history who were born on May 20.
- 1900Sumitranandan Pant, Indian poet and author (d. 1977)
- 1917Tony Cliff, Israeli-English author and activist (d. 2000)
- 1929Ahmed Hamdi, Egyptian general and engineer (d. 1973)
- 1935José Mujica, Uruguayan guerrilla leader and politician, 40th President of Uruguay
- 1940Michel Vastel, Canadian journalist and author (d. 2008)
- 1940Stan Mikita, Slovak-Canadian ice hockey player and sportscaster
- 1942Raymond Chrétien, Canadian lawyer and diplomat, Canadian Ambassador to the United States
- 1971Šárka Kašpárková, Czech triple jumper and coach
- 1986Jiřina Svobodová, Czech pole vaulter
- 1988Trīna Šlapeka, Latvian tennis player
View the complete list of May 20 famous birthdays.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Chester’s personality and get smart about names today. (Sponsored links)
These were the events that made history that coincide with your birthday.
- 685The Battle of Dun Nechtain is fought between a Pictish army under King Bridei III and the invading Northumbrians under King Ecgfrith, who are decisively defeated.
- 1520The massacre at the festival of Tóxcatl takes place during the Fall of Tenochtitlan, resulting in turning the Aztecs against the Spanish.
- 1631The city of Magdeburg in Germany is seized by forces of the Holy Roman Empire and most of its inhabitants massacred, in one of the bloodiest incidents of the Thirty Years’ War.
- 1875Signing of the Metre Convention by 17 nations leading to the establishment of the International System of Units.
- 1956In Operation Redwing, the first United States airborne hydrogen bomb is dropped over Bikini Atoll in the Pacific Ocean.
- 1980In a referendum in Quebec, the population rejects by a 60% vote the proposal from its government to move towards independence from Canada.
- 1983Church Street bombing: A car bomb planted by Umkhonto we Sizwe explodes on Church Street in South Africa’s capital, Pretoria, killing 19 people and injuring 217 others.
- 1985Radio Martí, part of the Voice of America service, begins broadcasting to Cuba.
- 1989The Chinese authorities declare martial law in the face of pro-democracy demonstrations, setting the scene for the Tiananmen Square massacre.
- 2014More than 118 people are killed in two bombings in Jos, Nigeria.
View the complete list of May 20 historical events.
Curious about this Sao Paulo Bubbles? This is a party item you can activate and send to your friends when you play the free game Jump Birthday Party. It’s a fun and easy-to-play mobile game for all ages. Get free 1,000 gold coins when you download today!
Your birthday numbers 5, 20, and 1976 reveal that your Life Path number is 3. It represents vision, imagination and joy of living. You possess a great talent for creativity and self expression.
The following celebrities also have the same life path number: Joel Grey, Holliston Coleman, Michael Hutchence, Zeki Alasya, David Meece, Gloria Henry, Shecky Greene, Sukekiyo Kameyama, Vin Diesel, Jeff Bridges.
The Western zodiac or sun sign of a person born on May 20 is Taurus ♉ (The Bull) – a fixed sign with Earth as Western element. The ruling planet is Venus – the planet of love and beauty. According to the ancient art of Chinese astrology (or Eastern zodiac), Dragon is the mythical animal and Fire is the Eastern element of a person born on May 20, 1976.
Emerald is the modern birthstone for the month of May while Sapphire is the mystical birth stone (based on Tibetan origin). The zodiac gemstone for Taurus is sapphire. Lastly, the birthday stone for the day of the week ‘Thursday’ is sapphire.
Fun fact: The birth flower for 20th May 1976 is Lily of the Valley for purity.
When it comes to love and relationship, you are most compatible with a person born on March 13, 1971. You have a Birthday Compatibility score of +130. Imagine being in love with your soul mate. On the negative side, you are most incompatible with a person born on April 14, 1956. Your score is -142. You’ll be like a cat and a dog on a love-hate relationship. Arf-arf, I want to bite you. Meow-meow, stay away from me!
Did someone send you this link? Here’s a birthday wish just for you! Don’t forget to thank the kind soul who sent you this ninja page.
TIP: Click the image above if you want to save the high quality version for posting to social media like Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest. You can also get a new random wish if you want to (the page will reload).
In a room of 23 people there’s a 50% chance of two individuals having the same birthday (month and day only and not a leap year). The chance increases to 99.9% if there are 70 people in the room. You need at least 253 people in the room if you want someone to have the same birthday as you with 50% probability. This is called the birthday paradox or birthday problem. Try it out on your classroom, office, or sports team and confirm how many people share the same birthday.
Fun stat: The world population in the year of your birth is 4,160,185,010. (U.S. Census Bureau)
The number-one hit song in the U.S. at the day of your birth was Silly Love Songs by Wings as compiled by Billboard Hot 100 (May 22, 1976). Ask your parents if they know this popular song.
I do not know how you feel about this, but you were a female ♀ in your last earthly incarnation. You were born somewhere around the territory of Western Africa approximately on 800. Your profession was writer, dramatist, organizer of rituals.
Your brief psychological profile in that past life: Ruthless character, carefully weighing your decisions in critical situations, with excellent self-control and strong will. Generally liked, but not always loved.
Lessons that your last past life brought to present: Your lesson – to combat violence and disharmony in our world, to understand its roots and origins. All global problems have similar origins.
Can you remember who you were?
Base on the data published by the United Nations Population Division, an estimated 121,620,578 babies were born throughout the world in the year 1976. The estimated number of babies born on 20th May 1976 is 332,297. That’s equivalent to 231 babies every minute. Try to imagine if all of them are crying at the same time.
In the United States, the most popular baby name is Jennifer. This name was given to 59,474 baby girls. For the boys it’s Michael. This name was recorded 66,964 times in the year 1976. Any chance you are Jennifer or Michael? (Source: ssa.gov)
What’s your bizarre Florida Man story? The #FloridaManChallenge is breaking the Internet and social media. Some crazy men, women, or creatures from the Sunshine State are making headlines every day of the year including your birthday. Try this fun exercise. Pick your search engine of choice and type in “florida man May 20” and see what kind of wild news headline you will get. This viral craze started in 2013 and gets resurrected now and then. The latest was from Tumblr and found its way to Twitter. As they say, the rest is history.
Your birthday in Roman numerals using DD.MM.YYYY notation is:
Here’s a quick list of all the fun birthday facts about May 20, 1976. Celebrities, famous birthdays, historical events, and past life were excluded.
- Day index: 141st day of 1976
- Day of week: Thursday
- Day of week birthstone: Sapphire
- Week index: 21st Thursday of 1976
- Next same calendar year: 2032
- Day of week this year: Thursday
- Day of week next year: Friday
- Day of week in 2023: Saturday
- Days until next birthday: 30 days
- Age on next birthday: 45 years old
- Days since birth: 16,406 days
- Days spent sleeping: 5,469 days
- Years spent sleeping: 14.97 years
- Part of life spent sleeping: 33%
- Full moons since birth: 555
- Next full moon: April 27 at 03:34:00 GMT – Tuesday
- First one billion seconds: Sometime on January 27, 2008
- Age in dog years: 218 dog years old using a Treeing Tennessee Brindle breed
- Life path number and meaning: 3 – It represents vision, imagination and joy of living. You possess a great talent for creativity and self expression.
- Western zodiac sign: Taurus ♉ (The Bull)
- Western zodiac element: Earth
- Western zodiac sign quality: Fixed
- Western zodiac ruling planet: Venus – the planet of love and beauty
- Western zodiac gemstone: Sapphire
- Eastern zodiac animal: Dragon
- Eastern zodiac element: Fire
- Modern birthstone: Emerald
- Mystical birthstone: Sapphire (based on Tibetan origin)
- Birth flower: Lily of the Valley for purity
- Best compatible birthday: March 13, 1971 (+130)
- Worst compatible birthday: April 14, 1956 (-142)
- 1976 world population: 4,160,185,010
- Number one song: Silly Love Songs by Wings (May 22, 1976)
- Babies born in 1976: 121,620,578
- Babies born in 1976 every day: 332,297
- Babies born in 1976 every minute: 231
- Popular girl’s name: Jennifer – 59,474 babies
- Popular boy’s name: Michael – 66,964 babies
- Roman numerals: XX.V.MCMLXXVI
Try another birth date of someone you know or try the birthday of these celebrities: March 26, 1987 – Yui, Japanese singer-songwriter and actress; November 20, 1948 – Park Chul-soo, South Korean director, producer, and screenwriter (d. 2013); March 4, 1913 – Taos Amrouche, Algerian singer and author (d. 1976).
Don’t forget to share the info with your friends, loved ones, or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.
Word count: 2,137