Here are some snazzy birthday facts about 8th of August 1961 that no one tells you about. Don’t wait a minute longer and jump in using the content links below. Average read time of 5 minutes. Enjoy!
August 8, 1961 was a Tuesday and it was the 220th day of the year 1961. The next time you can reuse your old 1961 calendar will be in 2017. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a lunisolar calendar.
The day of the week of your birthday this year is Tuesday. Next year it will be Wednesday and two years from now it will be Thursday. You can check the calendars below if you’re planning what to do on your birthday.
There are 135 days left before your next birthday. You will be 56 years old when that day comes. There have been 20,319 days from the day you were born up to today. Since night and day always follow each other, there were exactly 688 full moons after you were born up to this day. How many of them did you see? The next full moon that you can see will be on April 11 at 06:09:00 GMT – Tuesday.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
You might be happy to know that the following celebrities share your birthday. The list was randomly chosen and arranged in chronological order.
- 1919Dino De Laurentiis
- 1939Phil Balsley
- 1949Keith Carradine
- 1968Huey Morgan
- 1970Pascal Duquenne
- 1972Joely Collins
- 1973Scott Stapp
- 1974Brian Harvey
- 1977Lindsay Sloane
- 1983Guy Burnet
View the complete list of celebrity birthdays for August 8.
Here’s a short list of famous people in history who were born on Aug 8.
- 1079Emperor Horikawa of Japan (d. 1107)
- 1919Dino De Laurentiis, Italian actor and producer (d. 2010)
- 1921Esther Williams, American swimmer, actress, and singer (d. 2013)
- 1952Jostein Gaarder, Norwegian author
- 1956Chris Foreman, English singer-songwriter and guitarist (Madness)
- 1966John Hudek, American baseball player and coach
- 1974Andy Priaulx, Guernseyan race car driver
- 1980Shayna Baszler, American mixed martial artist
- 1981Roger Federer, Swiss tennis player
- 1987Pierre Boulanger, French actor
View the complete list of famous birthdays for August 8.
These were the events that made history that coincide with your birthday.
- 1588Anglo-Spanish War: Battle of Gravelines: The naval engagement ends, ending the Spanish Armada’s attempt to invade England.
- 1876Thomas Edison receives a patent for his mimeograph.
- 1918World War I: The Battle of Amiens begins a string of almost continuous victories with a push through the German front lines (Hundred Days Offensive).
- 1927The predecessor to the Philippine Stock Exchange opens.
- 1942Quit India Movement is launched in India against the British rule in response to Mohandas Gandhi’s call for swaraj or complete independence.
- 1963The Zimbabwe African National Union (ZANU), the current ruling party of Zimbabwe, is formed by a split from the Zimbabwe African People’s Union.
- 1969At a zebra crossing in London, photographer Iain Macmillan takes the photo that becomes the cover of the Beatles album Abbey Road.
- 1973Kim Dae-jung, a South Korean politician and later president of South Korea, is kidnapped.
- 20102010 China floods: A mudslide in Zhugqu County, Gansu, China, kills more than 1,400 people.
- 20158 people are killed in a shooting in Houston, Texas.
View the complete list of historical events for August 8.
Curious about this Vanilla Creme Sandwich? This is a party item you can activate and send to your friends when you play the free game Jump Birthday Party. It’s a fun and easy-to-play mobile game for all ages. Get free 1,000 gold coins when you download today!
Your birthday numbers 8, 8 and 1961 reveal that your Life Path number is 6. It represents justice, nurturing and responsibility. You possess great compassion and seek to be of service to others.
The following celebrities also have the same life path number: Helen Ward, Tamannaah, Charley Chase, Ella Koon, Jack Osbourne, MC Hammer, Costa Cordalis, Chris Lemmon, Willy Alberti, James Phelps.
The zodiac sign of a person born on August 8 is Leo ♌. According to the ancient art of Chinese astrology (or Chinese zodiac), Ox is the mythical animal and Metal is the element of a person born on August 8, 1961.
Peridot is the modern birthstone for the month of August while Diamond is the mystical birth stone (based on Tibetan origin). The zodiac gemstone for Leo is onyx. Lastly, the birthday stone for the day of the week ‘Tuesday’ is ruby.
The number-one hit song in the U.S. at the day of your birth was Tossin’ and Turnin’ by Bobby Lewis as compiled by Billboard Hot 100 (August 14, 1961). Ask your parents if they know this popular song.
Try another birth date of someone you know or try the birthday of these celebrities: March 27, 1929 – Sybil Christopher, Welsh-American actress and director (d. 2013); September 18, 1961 – James Gandolfini, American actor and producer (d. 2013); November 5, 1957 – Mike Score, English singer-songwriter and keyboard player (A Flock of Seagulls).
Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.
Word count: 915