Here are some snazzy birthday facts about 9th of August 1961 that no one tells you about. Don’t wait a minute longer and jump in using the content links below. Average read time of 5 minutes. Enjoy!
August 9, 1961 was a Wednesday and it was the 221st day of the year 1961. The next time you can reuse your old 1961 calendar will be in 2017. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a lunisolar calendar.
The day of the week of your birthday this year is Wednesday. Next year it will be Thursday and two years from now it will be Friday. You can check the calendars below if you’re planning what to do on your birthday.
There are 136 days left before your next birthday. You will be 56 years old when that day comes. There have been 20,318 days from the day you were born up to today. Since night and day always follow each other, there were exactly 688 full moons after you were born up to this day. How many of them did you see? The next full moon that you can see will be on April 11 at 06:09:00 GMT – Tuesday.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
You might be happy to know that the following celebrities share your birthday. The list was randomly chosen and arranged in chronological order.
- 1928Dolores Wilson
- 1939The Mighty Hannibal
- 1942David Steinberg
- 1953Roberta Tovey
- 1959Stuart Hughes
- 1970Thomas Lennon
- 1976Jessica Capshaw
- 1982Yekaterina Samutsevich
- 1985Anna Kendrick
- 1989Lucy Dixon
View the complete list of celebrity birthdays for August 9.
Here’s a short list of famous people in history who were born on Aug 9.
- 1902Zino Francescatti, French violinist (d. 1991)
- 1909Vinayaka Krishna Gokak, Indian scholar, author, and academic (d. 1992)
- 1913Wilbur Norman Christiansen, Australian astronomer and engineer (d. 2007)
- 1939Vincent Hanna, Northern Irish journalist (d. 1997)
- 1953Jean Tirole, French economist and academic, Nobel Prize laureate
- 1970Rod Brind'Amour, Canadian ice hockey player and coach
- 1978Dorin Chirtoacă, Moldavian lawyer and politician, Mayor of Chișinău
- 1980Nuria Cabanillas, Canadian-Spanish gymnast
- 1987Marco Carmona, Mexican illustrator and animator
- 1990Bill Skarsgård, Swedish actor
View the complete list of famous birthdays for August 9.
These were the events that made history that coincide with your birthday.
- 1483Opening of the Sistine Chapel in Rome with the celebration of a Mass.
- 1810Napoleon annexes Westphalia as part of the First French Empire.
- 1814Indian Wars: the Creek sign the Treaty of Fort Jackson, giving up huge parts of Alabama and Georgia.
- 1854Henry David Thoreau publishes Walden.
- 1907The first Boy Scout encampment concludes at Brownsea Island in southern England.
- 1942Indian leader Mahatma Gandhi is arrested in Bombay by British forces, launching the Quit India Movement.
- 1969Followers led by Charles Manson murder pregnant actress Sharon Tate (wife of Roman Polanski), coffee heiress Abigail Folger, Polish actor Wojciech Frykowski, men’s hairstylist Jay Sebring and recent high-school graduate Steven Parent.
- 1974As a direct result of the Watergate scandal, Richard Nixon becomes the first President of the United States to resign from office. His Vice President, Gerald Ford, becomes president.
- 1993The Liberal Democratic Party of Japan loses a 38-year hold on national leadership.
- 1999Russian President Boris Yeltsin fires his Prime Minister, Sergei Stepashin, and for the fourth time fires his entire cabinet.
View the complete list of historical events for August 9.
Curious about this Vanilla Pink Velvet Cake? This is a party item you can activate and send to your friends when you play the free game Jump Birthday Party. It’s a fun and easy-to-play mobile game for all ages. Get free 1,000 gold coins when you download today!
Your birthday numbers 8, 9 and 1961 reveal that your Life Path number is 7. It represents analysis, awareness and understanding. You are the searcher and the seeker of the truth.
The following celebrities also have the same life path number: Mic Geronimo, Garry Hynes, Jonathan Cain, Nickolas Ashford, Elvir Laković Laka, Harry Shum, Jr., Masato Nakamura, Huey P. Meaux, Jean-Gaspard Deburau, Gloria Yip.
The zodiac sign of a person born on August 9 is Leo ♌. According to the ancient art of Chinese astrology (or Chinese zodiac), Ox is the mythical animal and Metal is the element of a person born on August 9, 1961.
Peridot is the modern birthstone for the month of August while Diamond is the mystical birth stone (based on Tibetan origin). The zodiac gemstone for Leo is onyx. Lastly, the birthday stone for the day of the week ‘Wednesday’ is amethyst.
The number-one hit song in the U.S. at the day of your birth was Tossin’ and Turnin’ by Bobby Lewis as compiled by Billboard Hot 100 (August 14, 1961). Ask your parents if they know this popular song.
Try another birth date of someone you know or try the birthday of these celebrities: April 11, 1949 – Bernd Eichinger, German director and producer (d. 2011); June 10, 1983 – Shanna Collins, American actress; May 10, 1979 – Lee Hyori, South Korean singer, dancer, and actress (Fin.K.L).
Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.
Word count: 930