Here are some snazzy birthday facts about 9th of August 1961 that no one tells you about. Don’t wait a minute longer and jump in using the content links below. Average read time of 5 minutes. Enjoy!
August 9, 1961 was a Wednesday and it was the 221st day of the year 1961. The next time you can reuse your old 1961 calendar will be in 2017. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a lunisolar calendar.
The day of the week of your birthday this year is Wednesday. Next year it will be Thursday and two years from now it will be Friday. You can check the calendars below if you’re planning what to do on your birthday.
There are 107 days left before your next birthday. You will be 56 years old when that day comes. There have been 20,347 days from the day you were born up to today. Since night and day always follow each other, there were exactly 689 full moons after you were born up to this day. How many of them did you see? The next full moon that you can see will be on May 10 at 21:44:00 GMT – Wednesday.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
You might be happy to know that the following celebrities share your birthday. The list was randomly chosen and arranged in chronological order.
- 1943Ken Norton
- 1958Amanda Bearse
- 1958Muazzez Ersoy
- 1959Kurtis Blow
- 1959Stuart Hughes
- 1963Whitney Houston
- 1968Eric Bana
- 1976Mark Priestley
- 1985Anna Kendrick
- 1990Emily Tennant
View the complete list of celebrity birthdays for August 9.
Here’s a short list of famous people in history who were born on Aug 9.
- 1201Arnold Fitz Thedmar, English historian and merchant (d. 1274)
- 1914Ferenc Fricsay, Hungarian-Austrian conductor and director (d. 1963)
- 1936Julián Javier, Dominican-American baseball player
- 1936Patrick Tse, Chinese-Hong Kong actor, director, producer, and screenwriter
- 1939Butch Warren, American bassist (d. 2013)
- 1939Hércules Brito Ruas, Brazilian footballer
- 1971Mack 10, American rapper and actor (Westside Connection)
- 1980Dominic Tabuna, Nauruan politician
- 1987Marco Carmona, Mexican illustrator and animator
- 1993Rydel Lynch, American singer and actress (R5)
View the complete list of famous birthdays for August 9.
These were the events that made history that coincide with your birthday.
- 378Gothic War: Battle of Adrianople – A large Roman army led by Emperor Valens is defeated by the Visigoths. Valens is killed along with over half of his army.
- 1173Construction of the campanile of the Cathedral of Pisa (now known as the Leaning Tower of Pisa) begins; it will take two centuries to complete.
- 1329Quilon, the first Indian Christian Diocese, is erected by Pope John XXII; the French-born Jordanus is appointed the first Bishop.
- 1483Opening of the Sistine Chapel in Rome with the celebration of a Mass.
- 1610The First Anglo-Powhatan War begins in colonial Virginia.
- 1842The Webster–Ashburton Treaty is signed, establishing the United States–Canada border east of the Rocky Mountains.
- 1942Indian leader Mahatma Gandhi is arrested in Bombay by British forces, launching the Quit India Movement.
- 1942World War II: Battle of Savo Island – Allied naval forces protecting their amphibious forces during the initial stages of the Battle of Guadalcanal are surprised and defeated by an Imperial Japanese Navy cruiser force.
- 1945The Red Army invades Japanese-occupied Manchuria.
- 2013Gunmen open fire at a Sunni mosque in the city of Quetta killing at least 10 people and injuring 30.
View the complete list of historical events for August 9.
Curious about this Flamboyant Pink Kokoro? This is a party item you can activate and send to your friends when you play the free game Jump Birthday Party. It’s a fun and easy-to-play mobile game for all ages. Get free 1,000 gold coins when you download today!
Your birthday numbers 8, 9 and 1961 reveal that your Life Path number is 7. It represents analysis, awareness and understanding. You are the searcher and the seeker of the truth.
The following celebrities also have the same life path number: Owain Yeoman, Christine Lakin, Larry Poindexter, Will Yun Lee, Chris Elliott, Christine Roque, Jackson Brundage, Jane Badler, Steven Wiig, Patrick Flueger.
The zodiac sign of a person born on August 9 is Leo ♌. According to the ancient art of Chinese astrology (or Chinese zodiac), Ox is the mythical animal and Metal is the element of a person born on August 9, 1961.
Peridot is the modern birthstone for the month of August while Diamond is the mystical birth stone (based on Tibetan origin). The zodiac gemstone for Leo is onyx. Lastly, the birthday stone for the day of the week ‘Wednesday’ is amethyst.
The number-one hit song in the U.S. at the day of your birth was Tossin’ and Turnin’ by Bobby Lewis as compiled by Billboard Hot 100 (August 14, 1961). Ask your parents if they know this popular song.
Try another birth date of someone you know or try the birthday of these celebrities: June 2, 1972 – Wayne Brady, American actor and singer; February 14, 1942 – Andrew Robinson, American actor and director; February 14, 1971 – Risa Hirako, Japanese model.
Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.
Word count: 931