Here are some snazzy birthday facts about 9th of August 1961 that no one tells you about. Don’t wait a minute longer and jump in using the content links below. Average read time of 5 minutes. Enjoy!
August 9, 1961 was a Wednesday and it was the 221st day of the year 1961. The next time you can reuse your old 1961 calendar will be in 2017. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a lunisolar calendar.
The day of the week of your birthday this year is Wednesday. Next year it will be Thursday and two years from now it will be Friday. You can check the calendars below if you’re planning what to do on your birthday.
There are 43 days left before your next birthday. You will be 56 years old when that day comes. There have been 20,411 days from the day you were born up to today. Since night and day always follow each other, there were exactly 691 full moons after you were born up to this day. How many of them did you see? The next full moon that you can see will be on July 9 at 04:09:00 GMT – Sunday.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get tips about your current relationship and how to improve it. Astrology reports to help you decide when to make yourself available for romantic or social activity. Get your love & romance reports or download free samples!
You might be happy to know that the following celebrities share your birthday. The list was randomly chosen and arranged in chronological order.
- 1901Charles Farrell
- 1927Robert Shaw
- 1959Kurtis Blow
- 1959Stuart Hughes
- 1963Jay Leggett
- 1975Mahesh Babu
- 1980Charlie David
- 1980Rachel Kramer
- 1991Hansika Motwani
View the complete list of celebrity birthdays for August 9.
Seriously, how much do you know yourself? Do you want to gain true understanding of the real you? It’s all about you! Your confidence, your nature, your career and you as a person. Get your personality profile reports or download free samples!
Here’s a short list of famous people in history who were born on Aug 9.
- 1696Joseph Wenzel I, Prince of Liechtenstein (d. 1772)
- 1867Evelina Haverfield, Scottish nurse and activist (d. 1920)
- 1909Vinayaka Krishna Gokak, Indian scholar, author, and academic (d. 1992)
- 1947John Varley, American author
- 1969Smaragda Karydi, Greek actress
- 1971James Kim, American technology expert (d. 2006)
- 1974Nicola Stapleton, English actress and singer
- 1975Robbie Middleby, Australian soccer player
- 1985Hayley Peirsol, American swimmer
- 1987Marco Carmona, Mexican illustrator and animator
View the complete list of famous birthdays for August 9.
What is in store for you this year? Let these forecasts and predictions help you succeed in life. Benefit from life changing events and know when they occur. Make everyday activities easier to handle. Get your Forecast Reports or download free samples!
These were the events that made history that coincide with your birthday.
- 48 BCCaesar’s Civil War: Battle of Pharsalus – Julius Caesar decisively defeats Pompey at Pharsalus and Pompey flees to Egypt.
- 378Gothic War: Battle of Adrianople – A large Roman army led by Emperor Valens is defeated by the Visigoths. Valens is killed along with over half of his army.
- 1329Quilon, the first Indian Christian Diocese, is erected by Pope John XXII; the French-born Jordanus is appointed the first Bishop.
- 1500Ottoman–Venetian War (1499–1503): The Ottomans capture Methoni, Messenia.
- 1854Henry David Thoreau publishes Walden.
- 1862American Civil War: Battle of Cedar Mountain – At Cedar Mountain, Virginia, Confederate General Stonewall Jackson narrowly defeats Union forces under General John Pope.
- 1902Edward VII and Alexandra of Denmark are crowned King and Queen of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland.
- 1930Betty Boop makes her cartoon debut in Dizzy Dishes.
- 1944Continuation War: The Vyborg–Petrozavodsk Offensive, the largest offensive launched by Soviet Union against Finland during the Second World War, ends to a strategic stalemate. Both Finnish and Soviet troops at the Finnish front dug to defensive positions, and the front remains stable until the end of the war.
- 1945World War II: Nagasaki is devastated when an atomic bomb, Fat Man, is dropped by the United States B-29 Bockscar. 35,000 people are killed outright, including 23,200-28,200 Japanese war workers, 2,000 Korean forced workers, and 150 Japanese soldiers.
View the complete list of historical events for August 9.
Curious about this Choco Peachberry? This is a party item you can activate and send to your friends when you play the free game Jump Birthday Party. It’s a fun and easy-to-play mobile game for all ages. Get free 1,000 gold coins when you download today!
Your birthday numbers 8, 9 and 1961 reveal that your Life Path number is 7. It represents analysis, awareness and understanding. You are the searcher and the seeker of the truth.
The following celebrities also have the same life path number: Olle Hilding, Lauren Socha, Vida Guerra, Bedia Muvahhit, Ruth Wilson, Josh Hutcherson, Gerald Potterton, Ezio Pinza, Steven Wiig, John Morgan.
The zodiac sign of a person born on August 9 is Leo ♌. According to the ancient art of Chinese astrology (or Chinese zodiac), Ox is the mythical animal and Metal is the element of a person born on August 9, 1961.
Hmmm... what do the stars have to say about you today? Get your daily Leo horoscope for free. Get a boost from the stars! Make today a great day for love, money, and career. Your horoscope is available in daily, weekly, monthly, and even yearly format.
Peridot is the modern birthstone for the month of August while Diamond is the mystical birth stone (based on Tibetan origin). The zodiac gemstone for Leo is onyx. Lastly, the birthday stone for the day of the week ‘Wednesday’ is amethyst.
The number-one hit song in the U.S. at the day of your birth was Tossin’ and Turnin’ by Bobby Lewis as compiled by Billboard Hot 100 (August 14, 1961). Ask your parents if they know this popular song.
Try another birth date of someone you know or try the birthday of these celebrities: November 12, 1968 – Aaron Stainthorpe, English-German singer-songwriter; September 24, 1924 – Voula Zouboulaki, Egyptian-Greek actress (d. 2015); May 9, 1962 – John Corbett, American actor and singer.
Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.
Word count: 1,085