Here are some snazzy birthday facts about 9th of December 1980 that no one tells you about. Don’t wait a minute longer and jump in using the content links below. Average read time of 5 minutes. Enjoy!
December 9, 1980 was a Tuesday and it was the 344th day of the year 1980. The next time you can reuse your old 1980 calendar will be in 2036. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a lunisolar calendar.
The day of the week of your birthday this year is Saturday. Next year it will be Sunday and two years from now it will be Monday. You can check the calendars below if you’re planning what to do on your birthday.
There are 199 days left before your next birthday. You will be 37 years old when that day comes. There have been 13,315 days from the day you were born up to today. Since night and day always follow each other, there were exactly 451 full moons after you were born up to this day. How many of them did you see? The next full moon that you can see will be on June 9 at 13:11:00 GMT – Friday.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
You might be happy to know that the following celebrities share your birthday. The list was randomly chosen and arranged in chronological order.
- 1850Emma Abbott
- 1922Redd Foxx
- 1926Roger McGee
- 1957Donny Osmond
- 1969Saskia Garel
- 1972Reiko Aylesworth
- 1978Jesse Metcalfe
- 1979Olivia Lufkin
- 1981Dia Mirza
- 1989Elle Evans
View the complete list of celebrity birthdays for December 9.
Here’s a short list of famous people in history who were born on Dec 9.
- 1806Jean-Olivier Chénier, Canadian physician (d. 1838)
- 1847George Grossmith, English actor and singer (d. 1912)
- 1905Dalton Trumbo, American author and screenwriter (d. 1976)
- 1916Kirk Douglas, American actor, singer, and producer
- 1917James Rainwater, American physicist and academic, Nobel Prize laureate (d. 1986)
- 1949Nando Parrado, Uruguayan survivor of the 1972 Andes flight disaster
- 1964Larry Emdur, Australian television personality
- 1966Spencer Rochfort, American-Canadian actor
- 1984Leon Hall, American football player
- 2002Timothy Chan, Filipino-Chinese actor
View the complete list of famous birthdays for December 9.
These were the events that made history that coincide with your birthday.
- 1531The Virgin of Guadalupe first appears to Juan Diego at Tepeyac, Mexico City.
- 1775American Revolutionary War: British troops lose the Battle of Great Bridge, and leave Virginia soon afterward.
- 1856The Iranian city of Bushehr surrenders to occupying British forces.
- 1872In Louisiana, P. B. S. Pinchback becomes the first serving African-American governor of a U.S. state.
- 1888Statistician Herman Hollerith installs his computing device at the United States War Department.
- 1950Cold War: Harry Gold is sentenced to 30 years in jail for helping Klaus Fuchs pass information about the Manhattan Project to the Soviet Union. His testimony is later instrumental in the prosecution of Julius and Ethel Rosenberg.
- 1953Red Scare: General Electric announces that all communist employees will be discharged from the company.
- 1958The John Birch Society is founded in the United States.
- 1968Douglas Engelbart gave what became known as “The Mother of All Demos”, publicly debuting the computer mouse, hypertext, and the bit-mapped graphical user interface using the oN-Line System (NLS).
- 1969U.S. Secretary of State William P. Rogers proposes his plan for a ceasefire in the War of Attrition; Egypt and Jordan accept it over the objections of the PLO, which leads to civil war in Jordan in September 1970.
View the complete list of historical events for December 9.
Curious about this Green Bubble Ball? This is a party item you can activate and send to your friends when you play the free game Jump Birthday Party. It’s a fun and easy-to-play mobile game for all ages. Get free 1,000 gold coins when you download today!
Your birthday numbers 12, 9 and 1980 reveal that your Life Path number is 3. It represents vision, imagination and joy of living. You possess a great talent for creativity and self expression.
The following celebrities also have the same life path number: Nanami Sakuraba, Mikijirō Hira, Heart Evangelista, Emma Härdelin, Kelly Clarkson, Nicolas Duvauchelle, Hans Alfredson, Marpessa Dawn, Carrot Top, Lucía Jiménez.
The zodiac sign of a person born on December 9 is Sagittarius ♐. According to the ancient art of Chinese astrology (or Chinese zodiac), Monkey is the mythical animal and Metal is the element of a person born on December 9, 1980.
Turquoise is the modern birthstone for the month of December while Onyx is the mystical birth stone (based on Tibetan origin). The zodiac gemstone for Sagittarius is topaz. Lastly, the birthday stone for the day of the week ‘Tuesday’ is ruby.
The number-one hit song in the U.S. at the day of your birth was Lady by Kenny Rogers as compiled by Billboard Hot 100 (December 13, 1980). Ask your parents if they know this popular song.
Try another birth date of someone you know or try the birthday of these celebrities: April 3, 1977 – Hussein Fatal, American rapper and actor (Outlawz) (d. 2015); April 7, 1939 – Gary Kellgren, American record producer, co-founded Record Plant (d. 1977); May 24, 1967 – Bruno Putzulu, French actor.
Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.
Word count: 961