Here are some snazzy birthday facts about 9th of May 1949 that no one tells you about. Don’t wait a minute longer and jump in using the content links below. Average read time of 5 minutes. Enjoy!
May 9, 1949 was a Monday and it was the 129th day of the year 1949. The next time you can reuse your old 1949 calendar will be in 2022. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a lunisolar calendar.
The day of the week of your birthday this year is Tuesday. Next year it will be Wednesday and two years from now it will be Thursday. You can check the calendars below if you’re planning what to do on your birthday.
There are 12 days left before your next birthday. You will be 68 years old when that day comes. There have been 24,825 days from the day you were born up to today. Since night and day always follow each other, there were exactly 841 full moons after you were born up to this day. How many of them did you see? The next full moon that you can see will be on May 10 at 21:44:00 GMT – Wednesday.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
You might be happy to know that the following celebrities share your birthday. The list was randomly chosen and arranged in chronological order.
- 1917Fay Kanin
- 1930Joan Sims
- 1937Dave Prater
- 1942Tommy Roe
- 1949Billy Joel
- 1951Alley Mills
- 1956Wendy Crewson
- 1986Grace Gummer
- 1992Chris Gutierrez
- 1993Ryosuke Yamada
View the complete list of celebrity birthdays for May 9.
Here’s a short list of famous people in history who were born on May 9.
- 1882Henry J. Kaiser, American shipbuilder and businessman, founded Kaiser Shipyards (d. 1967)
- 1895Richard Barthelmess, American actor, singer, and producer (d. 1963)
- 1904Conrad Bernier, Canadian-American organist, composer, and educator (d. 1988)
- 1916William Pène du Bois, American author and illustrator (d. 1993)
- 1923Barbara New, English actress (d. 2010)
- 1923Johnny Grant, American radio host and producer (d. 2008)
- 1927Manfred Eigen, German chemist and academic, Nobel Prize laureate
- 1943Vince Cable, English economist and politician, Secretary of State for Business, Innovation and Skills
- 1955Anne Sofie von Otter, Swedish soprano and actress
- 1983Tyler Lumsden, American baseball player
View the complete list of famous birthdays for May 9.
These were the events that made history that coincide with your birthday.
- 1877Mihail Kogălniceanu reads, in the Chamber of Deputies, the Declaration of Independence of Romania. This day became the Independence Day of Romania.
- 1887Buffalo Bill Cody’s Wild West Show opens in London.
- 1920Polish–Soviet War: The Polish army under General Edward Rydz-Śmigły celebrates its capture of Kiev with a victory parade on Khreshchatyk.
- 1940World War II: The German submarine U-9 sinks the French coastal submarine Doris near Den Helder.
- 1942Holocaust: The SS murders 588 Jewish residents of the Podolian town of Zinkiv (Khmelnytska oblast, Ukraine). The Zoludek Ghetto (in Belarus) is destroyed and all its inhabitants murdered or deported.
- 1946King Victor Emmanuel III of Italy abdicates and is succeeded by Umberto II.
- 1948Czechoslovakia’s Ninth-of-May Constitution comes into effect.
- 1960The Food and Drug Administration announces it will approve birth control as an additional indication for Searle’s Enovid, making Enovid the world’s first approved oral contraceptive pill.
- 1980In Norco, California, five masked gunmen hold up a Security Pacific bank, leading to a violent shoot-out and one of the largest pursuits in California history. Two of the gunmen and one police officer are killed and thirty-three police and civilian vehicles are destroyed in the chase.
- 2002The 38-day stand-off in the Church of the Nativity in Bethlehem comes to an end when the Palestinians inside agree to have 13 suspected terrorists among them deported to several different countries.
View the complete list of historical events for May 9.
Curious about this Golden Choco Sandwich? This is a party item you can activate and send to your friends when you play the free game Jump Birthday Party. It’s a fun and easy-to-play mobile game for all ages. Get free 1,000 gold coins when you download today!
Your birthday numbers 5, 9 and 1949 reveal that your Life Path number is 1. It represents initiative, potential and singularity. You are a born leader. You insist on your right to make up your own mind; you demand freedom of thought and action.
The following celebrities also have the same life path number: Osvaldo Benavides, Antonin Artaud, Pandro S. Berman, Christopher Sabat, Kay Adams, Bahar Soomekh, Stephen Hillenburg, Alexis Georgoulis, Laura Wright, Cogie Domingo.
The zodiac sign of a person born on May 9 is Taurus ♉. According to the ancient art of Chinese astrology (or Chinese zodiac), Ox is the mythical animal and Earth is the element of a person born on May 9, 1949.
Emerald is the modern birthstone for the month of May while Sapphire is the mystical birth stone (based on Tibetan origin). The zodiac gemstone for Taurus is sapphire. Lastly, the birthday stone for the day of the week ‘Monday’ is pearl.
Try another birth date of someone you know or try the birthday of these celebrities: August 17, 1993 – Cinta Laura, German-Indonesian actress and singer; August 3, 1967 – Skin, English singer and guitarist (Skunk Anansie); February 24, 1950 – George Thorogood, American singer-songwriter and guitarist.
Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.
Word count: 960