Here are some snazzy birthday facts about 17th of October 1940 that no one tells you about. Don’t wait a minute longer and jump in using the content links below. Average read time of 5 minutes. Enjoy!
October 17, 1940 was a Thursday and it was the 291st day of the year 1940. The next time you can reuse your old 1940 calendar will be in 2024. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a lunisolar calendar.
The day of the week of your birthday this year is Tuesday. Next year it will be Wednesday and two years from now it will be Thursday. You can check the calendars below if you’re planning what to do on your birthday.
There are 265 days left before your next birthday. You will be 77 years old when that day comes. There have been 27,859 days from the day you were born up to today. Since night and day always follow each other, there were exactly 943 full moons after you were born up to this day. How many of them did you see? The next full moon that you can see will be on February 11 at 00:34:00 GMT – Saturday.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
You might be happy to know that the following celebrities share your birthday. The list was randomly chosen and arranged in chronological order.
- 1886Spring Byington
- 1908Hjördis Petterson
- 1937Paxton Whitehead
- 1946Bob Seagren
- 1956Fran Cosmo
- 1960Guy Henry
- 1974Matthew Macfadyen
- 1975Despina Olympiou
- 1991Brenda Asnicar
View the complete list of celebrity birthdays for October 17.
Here’s a short list of famous people in history who were born on Oct 17.
- 1253Ivo of Kermartin, French priest and saint (d. 1303)
- 1864Elinor Glyn, English author, screenwriter, and producer (d. 1943)
- 1898Shinichi Suzuki, Japanese violinist and educator (d. 1998)
- 1898Simon Vestdijk, Dutch author and poet (d. 1971)
- 1934Johnny Haynes, English-Scottish footballer (d. 2005)
- 1958Alan Jackson, American singer-songwriter
- 1970Blues Saraceno, American guitarist, songwriter, and producer (Poison)
- 1975Despina Olympiou, Greek-Cypriot singer
- 1977Bryan Bertino, American actor, director, producer, and screenwriter
- 1983Mitch Talbot, American baseball player
View the complete list of famous birthdays for October 17.
These were the events that made history that coincide with your birthday.
- 1800Britain takes control of the Dutch colony of Curaçao.
- 1861Nineteen people are killed in the Cullin-la-ringo massacre, the deadliest massacre of Europeans by aborigines in Australian history.
- 1888Thomas Edison files a patent for the Optical Phonograph (the first movie).
- 1943The Burma Railway (Burma–Thailand Railway) is completed.
- 1945A massive number of people, headed by CGT, gather in the Plaza de Mayo in Buenos Aires, Argentina to demand Juan Perón’s release. It calls “el día de la lealtad peronista” (peronista loyalty day)
- 1945Archbishop Damaskinos of Athens becomes Prime Minister of Greece between the pull-out of the German occupation force in 1944 and the return of King Georgios II to Greece.
- 1961Scores of Algerian protesters (some claim up to 400) are massacred by the Paris police at the instigation of former Nazi collaborator Maurice Papon, then chief of the Prefecture of Police.
- 1964Prime Minister of Australia Robert Menzies opens the artificial Lake Burley Griffin in the middle of the capital Canberra.
- 1977German Autumn: Four days after it is hijacked, Lufthansa Flight 181 lands in Mogadishu, Somalia, where a team of German GSG 9 commandos later rescues all remaining hostages on board.
- 1979The Department of Education Organization Act is signed into law creating the US Department of Education and US Department of Health and Human Services.
View the complete list of historical events for October 17.
Curious about this Lemon Drop Sour Ball? This is a party item you can activate and send to your friends when you play the free game Jump Birthday Party. It’s a fun and easy-to-play mobile game for all ages. Get free 1,000 gold coins when you download today!
Your birthday numbers 10, 17 and 1940 reveal that your Life Path number is 5. It represents progress, adventure and opportunity. You possess the curiosity of a cat and long to experience all of life.
The following celebrities also have the same life path number: Jeff Probst, Benjamin Kowalewicz, Gloria Gaither, Bart Millard, MacKenzie Mauzy, Misato Watanabe, Joel Edgerton, Timbaland, Slavi Trifonov, Victor Spinetti.
The zodiac sign of a person born on October 17 is Libra ♎. According to the ancient art of Chinese astrology (or Chinese zodiac), Dragon is the mythical animal and Metal is the element of a person born on October 17, 1940.
Opal is the modern birthstone for the month of October while Jasper is the mystical birth stone (based on Tibetan origin). The zodiac gemstone for Libra is chrysolite. Lastly, the birthday stone for the day of the week ‘Thursday’ is sapphire.
Try another birth date of someone you know or try the birthday of these celebrities: March 8, 1990 – Kristinia DeBarge, American singer-songwriter, dancer, and actress; May 23, 1958 – François Feldman, French singer-songwriter; July 25, 1950 – Mark Clarke, English singer-songwriter and bass player (Colosseum, Mountain, Natural Gas, and Uriah Heep).
Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.
Word count: 920