Here are some snazzy birthday facts about 1st of August 1980 that no one tells you about. Don’t wait a minute longer and jump in using the content links below. Average read time of 10 minutes. Enjoy!
August 1, 1980 was a Friday and it was the 214th day of the year 1980. It was the 31st Friday of that year. The next time you can reuse your old 1980 calendar will be in 2036. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a lunisolar calendar.
The day of the week of your birthday this year is Sunday. Next year it will be Monday and two years from now it will be Tuesday. You can check the calendars below if you’re planning what to do on your birthday.
There are 153 days left before your next birthday. You will be 41 years old when that day comes. There have been 14,822 days from the day you were born up to today. If you’ve been sleeping 8 hours daily since birth, then you have slept a total of 4,941 days or 13.53 years. You spent 33% of your life sleeping. Since night and day always follow each other, there were precisely 502 full moons after you were born up to this day. How many of them did you see? The next full moon that you can see will be on March 28 at 18:50:00 GMT – Sunday.
Fun stat: Your first one billion seconds (1,000,000,000) happened sometime on April 9, 2012.
If a dog named Princess Lila - a Havanese breed, was born on the same date as you then it will be 180 dog years old today. A dog’s first human year is equal to 15 dog years. Dogs age differently depending on breed and size. When you reach the age of 6 Princess Lila will be 40 dog years old. From that point forward a small-sized dog like Princess Lila will age 4 dog years for every human year.
Wanna share this info in social media? Make sure to take a screenshot first. Dog name and breed are randomly generated. Try reloading this page to see a new pet name and a different breed.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
You might be happy to know that the following celebrities share your birthday. The list was randomly chosen and arranged in chronological order.
- 1924Marcia Mae Jones
- 1960Professor Griff
- 1972Nicke Andersson
- 1975Ane Dahl Torp
- 1977Damien Saez
- 1984Valery Ortiz
- 1996Cymphonique Miller
- 1996Ellona Santiago
View the complete list of August 1 celebrity birthdays.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Just for fun! Try your love match score with anyone. Even officemates, schoolmates, or find out the score for your parents and relatives. Don’t limit yourself – you can also pair yourself with any celebrity. It’s a FREE report. Nothing to buy!
Here’s a short list of famous people in history who were born on Aug 1.
- 10 BCClaudius, Roman emperor (d. 54)
- 1923Val Bettin, American actor
- 1925Ernst Jandl, Austrian poet and author (d. 2000)
- 1930Lawrence Eagleburger, American lieutenant and politician, 62nd United States Secretary of State (d. 2011)
- 1935Geoff Pullar, English cricketer (d. 2014)
- 1946Richard O. Covey, American colonel, pilot, and astronaut
- 1948Cliff Branch, American football player
- 1952Zoran Đinđić, Serbian philosopher and politician, 6th Prime Minister of Serbia (d. 2003)
- 1969David Wain, American actor, director, and screenwriter
- 1988Bodene Thompson, New Zealand rugby player
View the complete list of August 1 famous birthdays.
Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters UMSBTWUIAE? Check your answers here: Word solver UMSBTWUIAE. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
These were the events that made history that coincide with your birthday.
- 1291The Old Swiss Confederacy is formed with the signature of the Federal Charter.
- 1664Ottoman forces are defeated in the battle of Saint Gotthard by an Austrian army led by Raimondo Montecuccoli, resulting in the Peace of Vasvár.
- 1715The Riot Act comes into force in England.
- 1798French Revolutionary Wars: Battle of the Nile (Battle of Aboukir Bay): Battle begins when a British fleet engages the French Revolutionary Navy fleet in an unusual night action.
- 1960Dahomey (later renamed Benin) declares independence from France.
- 1966Purges of intellectuals and imperialists becomes official China policy at the beginning of the Cultural Revolution.
- 1968The coronation is held of Hassanal Bolkiah, the 29th Sultan of Brunei.
- 1975CSCE Final Act creates the Conference for Security and Co-operation in Europe.
- 2004A supermarket fire kills 396 people and injures 500 others in Asunción, Paraguay.
- 2014Convention on preventing and combating violence against women and domestic violence enters into force.
View the complete list of August 1 historical events.
Curious about this Yellow Bubble Ball? This is a party item you can activate and send to your friends when you play the free game Jump Birthday Party. It’s a fun and easy-to-play mobile game for all ages. Get free 1,000 gold coins when you download today!
Your birthday numbers 8, 1, and 1980 reveal that your Life Path number is 9. It represents selflessness, forgiveness and creativity. You are the philanthropist, humanitarian, socially conscious, and are deeply concerned about the state of the world.
The following celebrities also have the same life path number: Elena Temnikova, MC Lars, G-Enka, Michael Burns, Ryan Potter, Adam Lamberg, Kevin Durand, Ulrike Folkerts, Mark Salling, Marny Kennedy.
The Western zodiac or sun sign of a person born on August 1 is Leo ♌ (The Lion) – a fixed sign with Fire as Western element. The ruling planet is Sun – the center of our universe. According to the ancient art of Chinese astrology (or Eastern zodiac), Monkey is the mythical animal and Metal is the Eastern element of a person born on August 1, 1980.
Peridot is the modern birthstone for the month of August while Diamond is the mystical birth stone (based on Tibetan origin). The zodiac gemstone for Leo is onyx. Lastly, the birthday stone for the day of the week ‘Friday’ is emerald.
Fun fact: The birth flower for 1st August 1980 is Poppy for preparedness.
When it comes to love and relationship, you are most compatible with a person born on August 12, 1955. You have a Birthday Compatibility score of +140. Imagine being in love with your soul mate. On the negative side, you are most incompatible with a person born on December 14, 1968. Your score is -126. You’ll be like a cat and a dog on a love-hate relationship. Arf-arf, I want to bite you. Meow-meow, stay away from me!
Did someone send you this link? Here’s a birthday wish just for you! Don’t forget to thank the kind soul who sent you this ninja page.
TIP: Click the image above if you want to save the high quality version for posting to social media like Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest. You can also get a new random wish if you want to (the page will reload).
In a room of 23 people there’s a 50% chance of two individuals having the same birthday (month and day only and not a leap year). The chance increases to 99.9% if there are 70 people in the room. You need at least 253 people in the room if you want someone to have the same birthday as you with 50% probability. This is called the birthday paradox or birthday problem. Try it out on your classroom, office, or sports team and confirm how many people share the same birthday.
Fun stat: The world population in the year of your birth is 4,451,362,735. (U.S. Census Bureau)
The number-one hit song in the U.S. at the day of your birth was Magic by Olivia Newton-John as compiled by Billboard Hot 100 (August 2, 1980). Ask your parents if they know this popular song.
I do not know how you feel about this, but you were a male ♂ in your last earthly incarnation. You were born somewhere around the territory of Quebeck approximately on 1350. Your profession was builder of roads, bridges, docks.
Your brief psychological profile in that past life: You are a person with huge energy, good in planning and supervising. If you were just garbage-man, you were chief garbage-man.
Lessons that your last past life brought to present: You are bound to solve problems regarding pollution of environment, recycling, misuse of raw materials, elimination of radioactivity by all means including psychological methods.
Can you remember who you were?
Base on the data published by the United Nations Population Division, an estimated 125,148,676 babies were born throughout the world in the year 1980. The estimated number of babies born on 1st August 1980 is 341,936. That’s equivalent to 237 babies every minute. Try to imagine if all of them are crying at the same time.
In the United States, the most popular baby name is Jennifer. This name was given to 58,376 baby girls. For the boys it’s Michael. This name was recorded 68,693 times in the year 1980. Any chance you are Jennifer or Michael? (Source: ssa.gov)
What’s your bizarre Florida Man story? The #FloridaManChallenge is breaking the Internet and social media. Some crazy men, women, or creatures from the Sunshine State are making headlines every day of the year including your birthday. Try this fun exercise. Pick your search engine of choice and type in “florida man August 1” and see what kind of wild news headline you will get. This viral craze started in 2013 and gets resurrected now and then. The latest was from Tumblr and found its way to Twitter. As they say, the rest is history.
Your birthday in Roman numerals using DD.MM.YYYY notation is:
Here’s a quick list of all the fun birthday facts about August 1, 1980. Celebrities, famous birthdays, historical events, and past life were excluded.
- Day index: 214th day of 1980
- Day of week: Friday
- Day of week birthstone: Emerald
- Week index: 31st Friday of 1980
- Next same calendar year: 2036
- Day of week this year: Sunday
- Day of week next year: Monday
- Day of week in 2023: Tuesday
- Days until next birthday: 153 days
- Age on next birthday: 41 years old
- Days since birth: 14,822 days
- Days spent sleeping: 4,941 days
- Years spent sleeping: 13.53 years
- Part of life spent sleeping: 33%
- Full moons since birth: 502
- Next full moon: March 28 at 18:50:00 GMT – Sunday
- First one billion seconds: Sometime on April 9, 2012
- Age in dog years: 180 dog years old using a Havanese breed
- Life path number and meaning: 9 – It represents selflessness, forgiveness and creativity. You are the philanthropist, humanitarian, socially conscious, and are deeply concerned about the state of the world.
- Western zodiac sign: Leo ♌ (The Lion)
- Western zodiac element: Fire
- Western zodiac sign quality: Fixed
- Western zodiac ruling planet: Sun – the center of our universe
- Western zodiac gemstone: Onyx
- Eastern zodiac animal: Monkey
- Eastern zodiac element: Metal
- Modern birthstone: Peridot
- Mystical birthstone: Diamond (based on Tibetan origin)
- Birth flower: Poppy for preparedness
- Best compatible birthday: August 12, 1955 (+140)
- Worst compatible birthday: December 14, 1968 (-126)
- 1980 world population: 4,451,362,735
- Number one song: Magic by Olivia Newton-John (August 2, 1980)
- Babies born in 1980: 125,148,676
- Babies born in 1980 every day: 341,936
- Babies born in 1980 every minute: 237
- Popular girl’s name: Jennifer – 58,376 babies
- Popular boy’s name: Michael – 68,693 babies
- Roman numerals: I.VIII.MCMLXXX
Try another birth date of someone you know or try the birthday of these celebrities: October 28, 1929 – Marcel Bozzuffi, French actor, director, and screenwriter (d. 1988); November 15, 1962 – Judy Gold, American comedian, actress, and producer; June 29, 1919 – Lloyd Richards, Canadian-American actor and director (d. 2006).
Don’t forget to share the info with your friends, loved ones, or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.
Word count: 2,071