Here are some snazzy birthday facts about 19th of August 1948 that no one tells you about. Don’t wait a minute longer and jump in using the content links below. Average read time of 9 minutes. Enjoy!
August 19, 1948 was a Thursday and it was the 232nd day of the year 1948. It was the 34th Thursday of that year. The next time you can reuse your old 1948 calendar will be in 2032. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a lunisolar calendar.
The day of the week of your birthday this year was Saturday. Next year it will be Monday and two years from now it will be Tuesday. You can check the calendars below if you’re planning what to do on your birthday.
There are 261 days left before your next birthday. You will be 76 years old when that day comes. There have been 27,498 days from the day you were born up to today. If you’ve been sleeping 8 hours daily since birth, then you have slept a total of 9,166 days or 25.10 years. You spent 33% of your life sleeping. Since night and day always follow each other, there were precisely 932 full moons after you were born up to this day. How many of them did you see? The next full moon that you can see will be on December 27 at 00:35:00 GMT – Wednesday.
Fun stat: Your first one billion seconds (1,000,000,000) happened sometime on April 27, 1980.
If a dog named Truffle - a Jack Russell Terrier breed, was born on the same date as you then it will be 320 dog years old today. A dog’s first human year is equal to 15 dog years. Dogs age differently depending on breed and size. When you reach the age of 6 Truffle will be 40 dog years old. From that point forward a small-sized dog like Truffle will age 4 dog years for every human year.
Wanna share this info in social media? Make sure to take a screenshot first. Dog name and breed are randomly generated. Try reloading this page to see a new pet name and a different breed.
Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters YLLIWUIZYK? Check your answers here: Unscramble words YLLIWUIZYK. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
You might be happy to know that the following celebrities share your birthday. The list was randomly chosen and arranged in chronological order.
- 1899Colleen Moore
- 1900Olga Baclanova
- 1926Annie Palmen
- 1933Bettina Cirone
- 1943Billy J. Kramer
- 1947Dave Dutton
- 1953Lynwood Slim
- 1955Mary-Anne Fahey
- 1969Patrick Van Horn
- 1977Callum Blue
View the complete list of August 19 celebrity birthdays.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Just for fun! Try your love match score with anyone. Even officemates, schoolmates, or find out the score for your parents and relatives. Don’t limit yourself – you can also pair yourself with any celebrity. It’s a FREE report. Nothing to buy!
Here’s a short list of famous people in history who were born on Aug 19.
- 1883José Mendes Cabeçadas, Portuguese admiral and politician, 9th President of Portugal (d. 1965)
- 1900Gontran de Poncins, French author and adventurer (d. 1962)
- 1913Peter Kemp, Indian-English soldier and author (d. 1993)
- 1928Norman Brooks, Canadian singer and actor (d. 2006)
- 1934David Durenberger, American soldier, lawyer, and politician
- 1958Lee Won-woo, South Korean basketball player (d. 2004)
- 1977Régine Chassagne, Canadian singer-songwriter (Arcade Fire)
- 1980Darius Campbell, Scottish singer-songwriter, guitarist, and actor
- 1990Danny Galbraith, Scottish footballer
- 1994Nafissatou Thiam, Belgian pentathlete
View the complete list of August 19 famous birthdays.
These were the events that made history that coincide with your birthday.
- 1504In Ireland, the Hiberno-Norman de Burghs (Burkes) and Anglo-Norman Fitzgeralds fight in the Battle of Knockdoe.
- 1759Battle of Lagos Naval battle during the Seven Years’ War between Great Britain and France.
- 1772Gustav III of Sweden stages a coup d'état, in which he assumes power and enacts a new constitution that divides power between the Riksdag and the King.
- 1914The Ottoman–Bulgarian alliance is signed in Sofia.
- 1955In the Northeast United States, severe flooding caused by Hurricane Diane, claims 200 lives.
- 1965Japanese prime minister Eisaku Satō becomes the first post-World War II sitting prime minister to visit Okinawa Prefecture.
- 1980Saudia Flight 163, a Lockheed L-1011 TriStar burns after making an emergency landing at King Khalid International Airport in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, killing 301 people.
- 1991Dissolution of the Soviet Union, August Coup: Soviet President Mikhail Gorbachev is placed under house arrest while on holiday in the town of Foros, Ukraine.
- 2005The first-ever joint military exercise between Russia and China, called Peace Mission 2005 begins.
- 2012A plane crash kills 32 people in Sudan.
View the complete list of August 19 historical events.
Curious about this Lemon Jelly Bear? This is a party item you can activate and send to your friends when you play the free game Jump Birthday Party. It’s a fun and easy-to-play mobile game for all ages. Get free 1,000 gold coins when you download today!
Your birthday numbers 8, 19, and 1948 reveal that your Life Path number is 4. It represents growth, building and foundation. You are practical, down to earth with strong ideas about right and wrong.
The following celebrities also have the same life path number: Steven Hill, Erica Carlson, Ken Page, Jimmy Greenspoon, Julie Dawn Cole, Park So-yeon, Mireille Mathieu, Todd Barry, John Le Mesurier, Roselle Nava.
The Western zodiac or sun sign of a person born on August 19 is Leo ♌ (The Lion) – a fixed sign with Fire as Western element. The ruling planet is Sun – the center of our universe. According to the ancient art of Chinese astrology (or Eastern zodiac), Rat is the mythical animal and Earth is the Eastern element of a person born on August 19, 1948.
Peridot is the modern birthstone for the month of August while Diamond is the mystical birth stone (based on Tibetan origin). The zodiac gemstone for Leo is onyx. Lastly, the birthday stone for the day of the week ‘Thursday’ is sapphire.
Fun fact: The birth flower for 19th August 1948 is Poppy for preparedness.
When it comes to love and relationship, you are most compatible with a person born on December 23, 1953. You have a Birthday Compatibility score of +173. Imagine being in love with your soul mate. On the negative side, you are most incompatible with a person born on December 31, 1967. Your score is -216. You’ll be like a cat and a dog on a love-hate relationship. Arf-arf, I want to bite you. Meow-meow, stay away from me!
Did someone send you this link? Here’s a birthday wish just for you! Don’t forget to thank the kind soul who sent you this ninja page.
TIP: Click the image above if you want to save the high quality version for posting to social media like Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest. You can also get a new random wish if you want to (the page will reload).
Q: What do you call a person who shares the same birthday?
A: Birthday twins – easy!
I do not know how you feel about this, but you were a male ♂ in your last earthly incarnation. You were born somewhere around the territory of USA South-West approximately on 1700. Your profession was map maker, astrologer, astronomer.
Your brief psychological profile in that past life: Timid, constrained, quiet person. You had creative talents, waited until that life to be liberated. Sometimes environment considered you strange.
Lessons that your last past life brought to present: Your main task – to make the world more beautiful. Physical and spiritual deserts are just waiting for your touch. Keep smiling!
Can you remember who you were?
In the United States, the most popular baby name is Linda. This name was given to 96,209 baby girls. For the boys it’s James. This name was recorded 88,588 times in the year 1948. Any chance you are Linda or James? (Source: ssa.gov)
What’s your bizarre Florida Man story? The #FloridaManChallenge is breaking the Internet and social media. Some crazy men, women, or creatures from the Sunshine State are making headlines every day of the year including your birthday. Try this fun exercise. Pick your search engine of choice and type in “florida man August 19” and see what kind of wild news headline you will get. This viral craze started in 2013 and gets resurrected now and then. The latest was from Tumblr and found its way to Twitter. As they say, the rest is history.
Your birthday in Roman numerals using DD.MM.YYYY notation is:
Here’s a quick list of all the fun birthday facts about August 19, 1948. Celebrities, famous birthdays, historical events, and past life were excluded.
- Day index: 232nd day of 1948
- Day of week: Thursday
- Day of week birthstone: Sapphire
- Week index: 34th Thursday of 1948
- Next same calendar year: 2032
- Day of week this year: Saturday
- Day of week next year: Monday
- Day of week in 2025: Tuesday
- Days until next birthday: 261 days
- Age on next birthday: 76 years old
- Days since birth: 27,498 days
- Days spent sleeping: 9,166 days
- Years spent sleeping: 25.10 years
- Part of life spent sleeping: 33%
- Full moons since birth: 932
- Next full moon: December 27 at 00:35:00 GMT – Wednesday
- First one billion seconds: Sometime on April 27, 1980
- Age in dog years: 320 dog years old using a Jack Russell Terrier breed
- Life path number and meaning: 4 – It represents growth, building and foundation. You are practical, down to earth with strong ideas about right and wrong.
- Western zodiac sign: Leo ♌ (The Lion)
- Western zodiac element: Fire
- Western zodiac sign quality: Fixed
- Western zodiac ruling planet: Sun – the center of our universe
- Western zodiac gemstone: Onyx
- Eastern zodiac animal: Rat
- Eastern zodiac element: Earth
- Modern birthstone: Peridot
- Mystical birthstone: Diamond (based on Tibetan origin)
- Birth flower: Poppy for preparedness
- Best compatible birthday: December 23, 1953 (+173)
- Worst compatible birthday: December 31, 1967 (-216)
- Popular girl’s name: Linda – 96,209 babies
- Popular boy’s name: James – 88,588 babies
- Roman numerals: XIX.VIII.MCMXLVIII
Try another birth date of someone you know or try the birthday of these celebrities: April 25, 1970 – Jason Wiles, American actor, director, and producer; March 1, 1934 – Joan Hackett, American actress (d. 1983); April 10, 1984 – Natasha Melnick, American actress.
Don’t forget to share the info with your friends, loved ones, or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.
Word count: 1,825