Here are some snazzy birthday facts about 9th of December 1948 that no one tells you about. Don’t wait a minute longer and jump in using the content links below. Average read time of 8 minutes. Enjoy!
December 9, 1948 was a Thursday and it was the 344th day of the year 1948. It was the 50th Thursday of that year. The next time you can reuse your old 1948 calendar will be in 2032. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a lunisolar calendar.
The day of the week of your birthday this year is Monday. Next year it will be Wednesday and two years from now it will be Thursday. You can check the calendars below if you’re planning what to do on your birthday.
There are 296 days left before your next birthday. You will be 71 years old when that day comes. There have been 25,636 days from the day you were born up to today. If you’ve been sleeping 8 hours daily since birth, then you have slept a total of 8,545 days or 23.40 years. You spent 33% of your life sleeping. Since night and day always follow each other, there were precisely 868 full moons after you were born up to this day. How many of them did you see? The next full moon that you can see will be on February 19 at 15:54:00 GMT – Tuesday.
Fun stat: Your first one billion seconds (1,000,000,000) happened sometime on August 17, 1980.
If a dog named Denall - a Collie breed, was born on the same date as you then it will be 335 dog years old today. A dog’s first human year is equal to 15 dog years. Dogs age differently depending on breed and size. When you reach the age of 6 Denall will be 42 dog years old. From that point forward a medium-sized dog like Denall will age 4.5 dog years for every human year.
Wanna share this info in social media? Make sure to take a screenshot first. Dog name and breed are randomly generated. Try reloading this page to see a new pet name and a different breed.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
You might be happy to know that the following celebrities share your birthday. The list was randomly chosen and arranged in chronological order.
- 1610Baldassare Ferri
- 1847George Grossmith
- 1850Emma Abbott
- 1911Broderick Crawford
- 1926Roger McGee
- 1952Michael Dorn
- 1957Donny Osmond
- 1971Geoff Barrow
- 1986Wanda Nara
- 2002Timothy Chan
View the complete list of December 9 celebrity birthdays.
Here’s a short list of famous people in history who were born on Dec 9.
- 1508Gemma Frisius, Dutch mathematician and cartographer (d. 1555)
- 1721Peter Pelham, English-American organist and composer (d. 1805)
- 1850Emma Abbott, American soprano and actress (d. 1891)
- 1899Jean de Brunhoff, French author and illustrator (d. 1937)
- 1931Paddi Edwards, English-American actress (d. 1999)
- 1932Billy Edd Wheeler, American singer-songwriter, guitarist, and playwright
- 1958Nick Seymour, Australian bass player, songwriter, and producer (Crowded House, Deadstar, and Tarmac Adam)
- 1960Dobroslav Paraga, Croatian politician
- 1969Allison Smith, American actress and singer
- 1971Srirasmi Suwadee, Thai wife of Vajiralongkorn
View the complete list of December 9 famous birthdays.
These were the events that made history that coincide with your birthday.
- 536Gothic War: The Byzantine general Belisarius enters Rome unopposed; the Gothic garrison flee the capital.
- 1824Patriot forces led by General Antonio José de Sucre defeat a Royalist army in the Battle of Ayacucho, putting an end to the Peruvian War of Independence.
- 1856The Iranian city of Bushehr surrenders to occupying British forces.
- 1905In France, the law separating church and state is passed.
- 1917World War I: Field Marshal Allenby captures Jerusalem, Palestine.
- 1922Gabriel Narutowicz is elected the first president of Poland.
- 1941World War II: The Republic of China, Cuba, Guatemala, and the Philippine Commonwealth, declare war on Germany and Japan.
- 1950Cold War: Harry Gold is sentenced to 30 years in jail for helping Klaus Fuchs pass information about the Manhattan Project to the Soviet Union. His testimony is later instrumental in the prosecution of Julius and Ethel Rosenberg.
- 1956Trans-Canada Air Lines Flight 810, a Canadair North Star, crashes near Hope, British Columbia, Canada, killing all 62 people on board.
- 1966Barbados joins the United Nations.
View the complete list of December 9 historical events.
Curious about this Lime Green Mint? This is a party item you can activate and send to your friends when you play the free game Jump Birthday Party. It’s a fun and easy-to-play mobile game for all ages. Get free 1,000 gold coins when you download today!
Your birthday numbers 12, 9, and 1948 reveal that your Life Path number is 7. It represents analysis, awareness and understanding. You are the searcher and the seeker of the truth.
The following celebrities also have the same life path number: Steve Hytner, Richard Marner, Andy Hallett, GZA, Michael Rennie, Kimberlea Berg, Heavy D, Shigesato Itoi, Danny Elfman, Alvin Stardust.
The Western zodiac or sun sign of a person born on December 9 is Sagittarius ♐ (The Archer) – a mutable sign with Fire as Western element. The ruling planet is Jupiter – the planet of luck and expansion. According to the ancient art of Chinese astrology (or Eastern zodiac), Rat is the mythical animal and Earth is the Eastern element of a person born on December 9, 1948.
Turquoise is the modern birthstone for the month of December while Onyx is the mystical birth stone (based on Tibetan origin). The zodiac gemstone for Sagittarius is topaz. Lastly, the birthday stone for the day of the week ‘Thursday’ is sapphire.
Fun fact: The birth flower for 9th December 1948 is Holly for precious moments.
When it comes to love and relationship, you are most compatible with a person born on November 21, 1931. You have a Love Match compatibility score of +151. Imagine being in love with your soul mate. On the negative side, you are most incompatible with a person born on March 13, 1971. Your incompatibility score is -133. You’ll be like a cat and a dog on a love-hate relationship. Arf-arf, I want to bite you. Meow-meow, stay away from me!
Did someone send you this link? Here’s a birthday wish just for you! Don’t forget to thank the kind soul who sent you this ninja page.
TIP: Click the image above if you want to save the high quality version for posting to social media like Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest. You can also get a new random wish if you want to (the page will reload).
In a room of 23 people there’s a 50% chance of two individuals having the same birthday (month and day only and not a leap year). The chance increases to 99.9% if there are 70 people in the room. You need at least 253 people in the room if you want someone to have the same birthday as you with 50% probability. This is called the birthday paradox or birthday problem. Try it out on your classroom, office, or sports team and confirm how many people share the same birthday.
I do not know how you feel about this, but you were a male ♂ in your last earthly incarnation. You were born somewhere around the territory of Ireland approximately on 1550. Your profession was banker, usurer, moneylender, judge.
Your brief psychological profile in that past life: Bohemian personality, mysterious, highly gifted, capable of understanding ancient books. Magical abilities, could be a servant of dark forces.
Lessons that your last past life brought to present: Your problem – to learn to love and to trust the Universe. You are bound to think, study, reflect and develop inner wisdom.
Can you remember who you were?
In the United States, the most popular baby name is Linda. This name was given to 96,209 baby girls. For the boys it’s James. This name was recorded 88,588 times in the year 1948. Any chance you are Linda or James? (Source: ssa.gov)
Here’s a quick list of all the fun birthday facts about December 9, 1948. Celebrities, famous birthdays, historical events, and past life were excluded.
- Day index: 344th day of 1948
- Day of week: Thursday
- Day of week birthstone: Sapphire
- Week index: 50th Thursday of 1948
- Next same calendar year: 2032
- Day of week this year: Monday
- Day of week next year: Wednesday
- Day of week in 2021: Thursday
- Days until next birthday: 296 days
- Age on next birthday: 71 years old
- Days since birth: 25,636 days
- Days spent sleeping: 8,545 days
- Years spent sleeping: 23.40 years
- Part of life spent sleeping: 33%
- Full moons since birth: 868
- Next full moon: February 19 at 15:54:00 GMT – Tuesday
- First one billion seconds: Sometime on August 17, 1980
- Age in dog years: 335 dog years old using a Collie breed
- Life path number and meaning: 7 – It represents analysis, awareness and understanding. You are the searcher and the seeker of the truth.
- Western zodiac sign: Sagittarius ♐ (The Archer)
- Western zodiac element: Fire
- Western zodiac sign quality: Mutable
- Western zodiac ruling planet: Jupiter – the planet of luck and expansion
- Western zodiac gemstone: Topaz
- Eastern zodiac animal: Rat
- Eastern zodiac element: Earth
- Modern birthstone: Turquoise
- Mystical birthstone: Onyx (based on Tibetan origin)
- Birth flower: Holly for precious moments
- Best compatible birthday: November 21, 1931 (+151)
- Worst compatible birthday: March 13, 1971 (-133)
- Popular girl’s name: Linda – 96,209 babies
- Popular boy’s name: James – 88,588 babies
Try another birth date of someone you know or try the birthday of these celebrities: October 28, 1949 – Caitlyn Jenner, American decathlete and actress; May 25, 1980 – Jae Hee, South Korean actor; July 25, 1901 – Lila Lee, American actress and singer (d. 1973).
Don’t forget to share the info with your friends, loved ones, or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.
Word count: 1,693