Here are some snazzy birthday facts about 8th of February 1979 that no one tells you about. Don’t wait a minute longer and jump in using the content links below. Average read time of 10 minutes. Enjoy!
February 8, 1979 was a Thursday and it was the 39th day of the year 1979. It was the 6th Thursday of that year. The next time you can reuse your old 1979 calendar will be in 2029. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a lunisolar calendar.
The day of the week of your birthday this year was Friday. Next year it will be Saturday and two years from now it will be Monday. You can check the calendars below if you’re planning what to do on your birthday.
There are 293 days left before your next birthday. You will be 41 years old when that day comes. There have been 14,682 days from the day you were born up to today. If you’ve been sleeping 8 hours daily since birth, then you have slept a total of 4,894 days or 13.40 years. You spent 33% of your life sleeping. Since night and day always follow each other, there were precisely 498 full moons after you were born up to this day. How many of them did you see? The next full moon that you can see will be on May 18 at 21:13:00 GMT – Saturday.
Fun stat: Your first one billion seconds (1,000,000,000) happened sometime on October 17, 2010.
If a dog named Twlight - a German Pinscher breed, was born on the same date as you then it will be 200 dog years old today. A dog’s first human year is equal to 15 dog years. Dogs age differently depending on breed and size. When you reach the age of 6 Twlight will be 42 dog years old. From that point forward a medium-sized dog like Twlight will age 4.5 dog years for every human year.
Wanna share this info in social media? Make sure to take a screenshot first. Dog name and breed are randomly generated. Try reloading this page to see a new pet name and a different breed.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
You might be happy to know that the following celebrities share your birthday. The list was randomly chosen and arranged in chronological order.
- 1888Edith Evans
- 1899Lonnie Johnson
- 1929Claude Rich
- 1941Jagjit Singh
- 1948Dan Seals
- 1949Brooke Adams
- 1961Bruce Timm
- 1961Vince Neil
- 1969Mary McCormack
- 1985Nao Matsushita
View the complete list of February 8 celebrity birthdays.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Just for fun! Try your love match score with anyone. Even officemates, schoolmates, or find out the score for your parents and relatives. Don’t limit yourself – you can also pair yourself with any celebrity. It’s a FREE report. Nothing to buy!
Here’s a short list of famous people in history who were born on Feb 8.
- 1487Ulrich, Duke of Württemberg (d. 1550)
- 1820William Tecumseh Sherman, American general (d. 1891)
- 1903Greta Keller, Austrian-American singer and actress (d. 1977)
- 1915Georges Guétary, Egyptian-French singer, dancer, and actor (d. 1997)
- 1965Dicky Cheung, Hong Kong actor and singer (Big Four)
- 1966Kirk Muller, Canadian ice hockey player and coach
- 1968Gary Coleman, American actor (d. 2010)
- 1971Andre El Haddad, Lebanese footballer and referee
- 1979Aaron Cook, American baseball player
- 1985Nao Matsushita, Japanese actress and singer
View the complete list of February 8 famous birthdays.
What no one tells you about the hidden secrets of your first name. Are there magical powers in your given name? Every name has a character and personality. Get smart with name meanings. Find out what your name means! (Sponsored link)
These were the events that made history that coincide with your birthday.
- 421Constantius III becomes co-Emperor of the Western Roman Empire.
- 1575Leiden University is founded, and given the motto Praesidium Libertatis.
- 1587Mary, Queen of Scots, is executed on suspicion of having been involved in the Babington Plot to murder her cousin, Queen Elizabeth I.
- 1856Barbu Dimitrie Știrbei abolishes slavery in Wallachia.
- 1924Capital punishment: The first state execution in the United States by gas chamber takes place in Nevada.
- 1946The first portion of the Revised Standard Version of the Bible, the first serious challenge to the popularity of the Authorized King James Version, is published.
- 1952Elizabeth II is proclaimed Queen of the United Kingdom.
- 1963The regime of Prime Minister of Iraq, Brigadier General Abd al-Karim Qasim is overthrown by the Ba'ath Party.
- 1986Hinton train collision: Twenty-three people are killed when a VIA Rail passenger train collides with a 118-car Canadian National freight train near the town of Hinton, Alberta, west of Edmonton. It is the worst rail accident in Canada until the Lac-Mégantic, Quebec derailment in 2013 which killed forty-seven people.
- 2013A blizzard disrupts transportation and leaves hundreds of thousands of people without electricity in the Northeastern United States and parts of Canada.
View the complete list of February 8 historical events.
Curious about this Fabulous Yellow Sprinkle? This is a party item you can activate and send to your friends when you play the free game Jump Birthday Party. It’s a fun and easy-to-play mobile game for all ages. Get free 1,000 gold coins when you download today!
Your birthday numbers 2, 8, and 1979 reveal that your Life Path number is 9. It represents selflessness, forgiveness and creativity. You are the philanthropist, humanitarian, socially conscious, and are deeply concerned about the state of the world.
The following celebrities also have the same life path number: Louis Jean Heydt, Topi Sorsakoski, Herman Brood, Cascy Beddow, Warren William, Phil Leeds, Greg Ham, Georges Brassens, Camryn Grimes, Preity Zinta.
The Western zodiac or sun sign of a person born on February 8 is Aquarius ♒ (The Water-bearer) – a fixed sign with Air as Western element. The ruling planet is Uranus – the planet of originality. According to the ancient art of Chinese astrology (or Eastern zodiac), Sheep is the mythical animal and Earth is the Eastern element of a person born on February 8, 1979.
Amethyst is the modern birthstone for the month of February while Bloodstone is the mystical birth stone (based on Tibetan origin). The zodiac gemstone for Aquarius is garnet. Lastly, the birthday stone for the day of the week ‘Thursday’ is sapphire.
Fun fact: The birth flower for 8th February 1979 is Violet for modesty.
When it comes to love and relationship, you are most compatible with a person born on October 26, 1981. You have a Love Match compatibility score of +186. Imagine being in love with your soul mate. On the negative side, you are most incompatible with a person born on August 10, 1970. Your incompatibility score is -187. You’ll be like a cat and a dog on a love-hate relationship. Arf-arf, I want to bite you. Meow-meow, stay away from me!
Did someone send you this link? Here’s a birthday wish just for you! Don’t forget to thank the kind soul who sent you this ninja page.
TIP: Click the image above if you want to save the high quality version for posting to social media like Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest. You can also get a new random wish if you want to (the page will reload).
Q: What do you call a person who shares the same birthday?
A: Birthday twins – easy!
Fun stat: The world population in the year of your birth is 4,379,013,942. (U.S. Census Bureau)
The number-one hit song in the U.S. at the day of your birth was Da Ya Think I’m Sexy? by Rod Stewart as compiled by Billboard Hot 100 (February 10, 1979). Ask your parents if they know this popular song.
I do not know how you feel about this, but you were a female ♀ in your last earthly incarnation. You were born somewhere around the territory of Northern Africa approximately on 525. Your profession was librarian, priest, keeper of tribal relics.
Your brief psychological profile in that past life: Seeker of truth and wisdom. You could have seen your future lives. Others perceived you as an idealist illuminating path to the future.
Lessons that your last past life brought to present: Your lesson – to develop kind attitude to people, to acquire gift of understanding and compassion.
Can you remember who you were?
Base on the data published by the United Nations Population Division, an estimated 123,688,258 babies were born throughout the world in the year 1979. The estimated number of babies born on 8th February 1979 is 338,872. That’s equivalent to 235 babies every minute. Try to imagine if all of them are crying at the same time.
In the United States, the most popular baby name is Jennifer. This name was given to 56,718 baby girls. For the boys it’s Michael. This name was recorded 67,733 times in the year 1979. Any chance you are Jennifer or Michael? (Source: ssa.gov)
What’s your bizarre Florida Man story? The #FloridaManChallenge is breaking the Internet and social media. Some crazy men, women, or creatures from the Sunshine State are making headlines every day of the year including your birthday. Try this fun exercise. Pick your search engine of choice and type in “florida man February 8” and see what kind of wild news headline you will get. This viral craze started in 2013 and gets resurrected now and then. The latest was from Tumblr and found its way to Twitter. As they say, the rest is history.
Here’s a quick list of all the fun birthday facts about February 8, 1979. Celebrities, famous birthdays, historical events, and past life were excluded.
- Day index: 39th day of 1979
- Day of week: Thursday
- Day of week birthstone: Sapphire
- Week index: 6th Thursday of 1979
- Next same calendar year: 2029
- Day of week this year: Friday
- Day of week next year: Saturday
- Day of week in 2021: Monday
- Days until next birthday: 293 days
- Age on next birthday: 41 years old
- Days since birth: 14,682 days
- Days spent sleeping: 4,894 days
- Years spent sleeping: 13.40 years
- Part of life spent sleeping: 33%
- Full moons since birth: 498
- Next full moon: May 18 at 21:13:00 GMT – Saturday
- First one billion seconds: Sometime on October 17, 2010
- Age in dog years: 200 dog years old using a German Pinscher breed
- Life path number and meaning: 9 – It represents selflessness, forgiveness and creativity. You are the philanthropist, humanitarian, socially conscious, and are deeply concerned about the state of the world.
- Western zodiac sign: Aquarius ♒ (The Water-bearer)
- Western zodiac element: Air
- Western zodiac sign quality: Fixed
- Western zodiac ruling planet: Uranus – the planet of originality
- Western zodiac gemstone: Garnet
- Eastern zodiac animal: Sheep
- Eastern zodiac element: Earth
- Modern birthstone: Amethyst
- Mystical birthstone: Bloodstone (based on Tibetan origin)
- Birth flower: Violet for modesty
- Best compatible birthday: October 26, 1981 (+186)
- Worst compatible birthday: August 10, 1970 (-187)
- 1979 world population: 4,379,013,942
- Number one song: Da Ya Think I’m Sexy? by Rod Stewart (February 10, 1979)
- Babies born in 1979: 123,688,258
- Babies born in 1979 every day: 338,872
- Babies born in 1979 every minute: 235
- Popular girl’s name: Jennifer – 56,718 babies
- Popular boy’s name: Michael – 67,733 babies
Try another birth date of someone you know or try the birthday of these celebrities: June 20, 1973 – Tom Wlaschiha, German actor; November 14, 1986 – Cory Michael Smith, American actor; August 8, 1973 – Jessica Calvello, American voice actress.
Don’t forget to share the info with your friends, loved ones, or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.
Word count: 2,020