Here are some snazzy birthday facts about 17th of January 1947 that no one tells you about. Don’t wait a minute longer and jump in using the content links below. Average read time of 10 minutes. Enjoy!
January 17, 1947 was a Friday and it was the 17th day of the year 1947. It was the 3rd Friday of that year. The next time you can reuse your old 1947 calendar will be in 2025. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a lunisolar calendar.
The day of the week of your birthday this year was Sunday. Next year it will be Monday and two years from now it will be Tuesday. You can check the calendars below if you’re planning what to do on your birthday.
There are 178 days left before your next birthday. You will be 75 years old when that day comes. There have been 27,216 days from the day you were born up to today. If you’ve been sleeping 8 hours daily since birth, then you have slept a total of 9,072 days or 24.84 years. You spent 33% of your life sleeping. Since night and day always follow each other, there were precisely 921 full moons after you were born up to this day. How many of them did you see? The next full moon that you can see will be on July 24 at 02:39:00 GMT – Saturday.
Fun stat: Your first one billion seconds (1,000,000,000) happened sometime on September 25, 1978.
If a dog named Ramius - a American Water Spaniel breed, was born on the same date as you then it will be 353 dog years old today. A dog’s first human year is equal to 15 dog years. Dogs age differently depending on breed and size. When you reach the age of 6 Ramius will be 42 dog years old. From that point forward a medium-sized dog like Ramius will age 4.5 dog years for every human year.
Wanna share this info in social media? Make sure to take a screenshot first. Dog name and breed are randomly generated. Try reloading this page to see a new pet name and a different breed.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
You might be happy to know that the following celebrities share your birthday. The list was randomly chosen and arranged in chronological order.
- 1863Constantin Stanislavski
- 1867Carl Laemmle
- 1942Nancy Parsons
- 1943Chris Montez
- 1949Mick Taylor
- 1964Michelle Fairley
- 1972Benno Fürmann
- 1985Simone Simons
- 1997Jack Vidgen
View the complete list of January 17 celebrity birthdays.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Just for fun! Try your love match score with anyone. Even officemates, schoolmates, or find out the score for your parents and relatives. Don’t limit yourself – you can also pair yourself with any celebrity. It’s a FREE report. Nothing to buy!
Here’s a short list of famous people in history who were born on Jan 17.
- 1789August Neander, German historian and theologian (d. 1850)
- 1901Aron Gurwitsch, Lithuanian-American philosopher and author (d. 1973)
- 1916Peter Frelinghuysen, Jr., American lieutenant and politician (d. 2011)
- 1929Jacques Plante, Canadian-Swiss ice hockey player, coach, and sportscaster (d. 1986)
- 1934Cedar Walton, American pianist and composer (d. 2013)
- 1938Percy Qoboza, South African journalist and author (d. 1988)
- 1945Javed Akhtar, Indian poet, playwright, and composer
- 1952Darrell Porter, American baseball player and sportscaster (d. 2002)
- 1956Mitch Vogel, American actor
- 1985Riyu Kosaka, Japanese singer and actress (BeForU)
View the complete list of January 17 famous birthdays.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Chase’s personality and get smart about names today. (Sponsored links)
These were the events that made history that coincide with your birthday.
- 1287King Alfonso III of Aragon invades Minorca.
- 1773Captain James Cook and his crew become the first Europeans to sail below the Antarctic Circle.
- 1852The United Kingdom recognizes the independence of the Boer colonies of the Transvaal.
- 1903El Yunque National Forest in Puerto Rico becomes part of the United States National Forest System as the Luquillo Forest Reserve.
- 1918Finnish Civil War: The first serious battles take place between the Red Guards and the White Guard.
- 1929Popeye the Sailor Man, a cartoon character created by E. C. Segar, first appears in the Thimble Theatre comic strip.
- 1943World War II: Greek submarine Papanikolis captures the 200-ton sailing vessel Agios Stefanos and mans her with part of her crew.
- 1949The Goldbergs, the first sitcom on American television, airs for the first time.
- 1992During a visit to South Korea, Japanese Prime Minister Kiichi Miyazawa apologizes for forcing Korean women into sexual slavery during World War II.
- 2008British Airways Flight 38 crash lands just short of London Heathrow Airport in England with no fatalities. It is the first complete hull loss of a Boeing 777.
View the complete list of January 17 historical events.
Curious about this White Bubble Heart? This is a party item you can activate and send to your friends when you play the free game Jump Birthday Party. It’s a fun and easy-to-play mobile game for all ages. Get free 1,000 gold coins when you download today!
Your birthday numbers 1, 17, and 1947 reveal that your Life Path number is 3. It represents vision, imagination and joy of living. You possess a great talent for creativity and self expression.
The following celebrities also have the same life path number: Dayo Wong, Sigi Wimala, Tom Villard, Christopher Lee, Dodie Stevens, Patti Davis, Doug Yule, Ashley Alexandra Dupré, Terrence Howard, Moa Kikuchi.
The Western zodiac or sun sign of a person born on January 17 is Capricorn ♑ (The Sea-goat) – a cardinal sign with Earth as Western element. The ruling planet is Saturn – the planet of discipline. According to the ancient art of Chinese astrology (or Eastern zodiac), Dog is the mythical animal and Fire is the Eastern element of a person born on January 17, 1947.
Garnet is the modern birthstone for the month of January while Emerald is the mystical birth stone (based on Tibetan origin). The zodiac gemstone for Capricorn is ruby. Lastly, the birthday stone for the day of the week ‘Friday’ is emerald.
Fun fact: The birth flower for 17th January 1947 is Carnation for friendship.
When it comes to love and relationship, you are most compatible with a person born on November 14, 1966. You have a Birthday Compatibility score of +150. Imagine being in love with your soul mate. On the negative side, you are most incompatible with a person born on July 19, 1935. Your score is -188. You’ll be like a cat and a dog on a love-hate relationship. Arf-arf, I want to bite you. Meow-meow, stay away from me!
Did someone send you this link? Here’s a birthday wish just for you! Don’t forget to thank the kind soul who sent you this ninja page.
TIP: Click the image above if you want to save the high quality version for posting to social media like Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest. You can also get a new random wish if you want to (the page will reload).
In a room of 23 people there’s a 50% chance of two individuals having the same birthday (month and day only and not a leap year). The chance increases to 99.9% if there are 70 people in the room. You need at least 253 people in the room if you want someone to have the same birthday as you with 50% probability. This is called the birthday paradox or birthday problem. Try it out on your classroom, office, or sports team and confirm how many people share the same birthday.
I do not know how you feel about this, but you were a male ♂ in your last earthly incarnation. You were born somewhere around the territory of Burma approximately on 1800. Your profession was seaman, dealer, businessman, broker.
Your brief psychological profile in that past life: Natural talent of psychologist, you knew how to use the opportunities. Cold-blooded and calm in any situation.
Lessons that your last past life brought to present: Your problem – to learn determination and persistency. Every misfortune should crash upon your strong will.
Can you remember who you were?
In the United States, the most popular baby name is Linda. This name was given to 99,686 baby girls. For the boys it’s James. This name was recorded 94,756 times in the year 1947. Any chance you are Linda or James? (Source: ssa.gov)
What’s your bizarre Florida Man story? The #FloridaManChallenge is breaking the Internet and social media. Some crazy men, women, or creatures from the Sunshine State are making headlines every day of the year including your birthday. Try this fun exercise. Pick your search engine of choice and type in “florida man January 17” and see what kind of wild news headline you will get. This viral craze started in 2013 and gets resurrected now and then. The latest was from Tumblr and found its way to Twitter. As they say, the rest is history.
Your birthday in Roman numerals using DD.MM.YYYY notation is:
Here’s a quick list of all the fun birthday facts about January 17, 1947. Celebrities, famous birthdays, historical events, and past life were excluded.
- Day index: 17th day of 1947
- Day of week: Friday
- Day of week birthstone: Emerald
- Week index: 3rd Friday of 1947
- Next same calendar year: 2025
- Day of week this year: Sunday
- Day of week next year: Monday
- Day of week in 2023: Tuesday
- Days until next birthday: 178 days
- Age on next birthday: 75 years old
- Days since birth: 27,216 days
- Days spent sleeping: 9,072 days
- Years spent sleeping: 24.84 years
- Part of life spent sleeping: 33%
- Full moons since birth: 921
- Next full moon: July 24 at 02:39:00 GMT – Saturday
- First one billion seconds: Sometime on September 25, 1978
- Age in dog years: 353 dog years old using a American Water Spaniel breed
- Life path number and meaning: 3 – It represents vision, imagination and joy of living. You possess a great talent for creativity and self expression.
- Western zodiac sign: Capricorn ♑ (The Sea-goat)
- Western zodiac element: Earth
- Western zodiac sign quality: Cardinal
- Western zodiac ruling planet: Saturn – the planet of discipline
- Western zodiac gemstone: Ruby
- Eastern zodiac animal: Dog
- Eastern zodiac element: Fire
- Modern birthstone: Garnet
- Mystical birthstone: Emerald (based on Tibetan origin)
- Birth flower: Carnation for friendship
- Best compatible birthday: November 14, 1966 (+150)
- Worst compatible birthday: July 19, 1935 (-188)
- Popular girl’s name: Linda – 99,686 babies
- Popular boy’s name: James – 94,756 babies
- Roman numerals: XVII.I.MCMXLVII
Try another birth date of someone you know or try the birthday of these celebrities: March 5, 1934 – Halit Refiğ, Turkish director, producer, and screenwriter (d. 2009); November 20, 1993 – Sumire Satō, Japanese singer and actress (AKB48); October 12, 1993 – Linn Oeymo, Filipino-Norwegian actress and dancer.
Don’t forget to share the info with your friends, loved ones, or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.
Word count: 1,935