Here are some snazzy birthday facts about 4th of January 1980 that no one tells you about. Don’t wait a minute longer and jump in using the content links below. Average read time of 10 minutes. Enjoy!
January 4, 1980 was a Friday and it was the 4th day of the year 1980. It was the 1st Friday of that year. The next time you can reuse your old 1980 calendar will be in 2036. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a lunisolar calendar.
The day of the week of your birthday this year was Friday. Next year it will be Saturday and two years from now it will be Monday. You can check the calendars below if you’re planning what to do on your birthday.
There are 287 days left before your next birthday. You will be 40 years old when that day comes. There have been 14,323 days from the day you were born up to today. If you’ve been sleeping 8 hours daily since birth, then you have slept a total of 4,774 days or 13.07 years. You spent 33% of your life sleeping. Since night and day always follow each other, there were precisely 485 full moons after you were born up to this day. How many of them did you see? The next full moon that you can see will be on April 19 at 11:14:00 GMT – Friday.
Fun stat: Your first one billion seconds (1,000,000,000) happened sometime on September 12, 2011.
If a dog named Fitzgerald - a Wirehaired Pointing Griffon breed, was born on the same date as you then it will be 195 dog years old today. A dog’s first human year is equal to 15 dog years. Dogs age differently depending on breed and size. When you reach the age of 6 Fitzgerald will be 42 dog years old. From that point forward a medium-sized dog like Fitzgerald will age 4.5 dog years for every human year.
Wanna share this info in social media? Make sure to take a screenshot first. Dog name and breed are randomly generated. Try reloading this page to see a new pet name and a different breed.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
You might be happy to know that the following celebrities share your birthday. The list was randomly chosen and arranged in chronological order.
- 1905Sterling Holloway
- 1915Meg Mundy
- 1916Robert Parrish
- 1916Slim Gaillard
- 1930Sorrell Booke
- 1956Bernard Sumner
- 1957Vesna Zmijanac
- 1972James Longley
- 1985Lenora Crichlow
- 1993Marlo Mortel
View the complete list of January 4 celebrity birthdays.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Just for fun! Try your love match score with anyone. Even officemates, schoolmates, or find out the score for your parents and relatives. Don’t limit yourself – you can also pair yourself with any celebrity. It’s a FREE report. Nothing to buy!
Here’s a short list of famous people in history who were born on Jan 4.
- 1581James Ussher, Irish archbishop (d. 1656)
- 1916Slim Gaillard, American singer-songwriter and guitarist (Slim & Slam) (d. 1991)
- 1923Tito Rodríguez, Puerto Rican-American singer and bandleader (d 1973)
- 1942Precious Bryant, American singer-songwriter and guitarist (d. 2013)
- 1944Angela Harris, Baroness Harris of Richmond, English politician
- 1960Jane Halton, Australian public servant
- 1963Dave Foley, Canadian comedian, actor, director, and producer
- 1969Marla Runyan, American runner and long jumper
- 1973Harmony Korine, American director, producer, and screenwriter
- 1980Greg Cipes, American actor and singer
View the complete list of January 4 famous birthdays.
What no one tells you about the hidden secrets of your first name. Are there magical powers in your given name? Every name has a character and personality. Get smart with name meanings. Find out what your name means! (Sponsored link)
These were the events that made history that coincide with your birthday.
- 871Battle of Reading: Æthelred of Wessex fights, and is defeated by, a Danish invasion army.
- 1853After having been kidnapped and sold into slavery in the American South, Solomon Northrup regains his freedom; his memoir 12 Years a Slave later becomes a national bestseller.
- 1854The McDonald Islands are discovered by Captain William McDonald aboard the Samarang.
- 1878Sofia is emancipated from Ottoman rule.
- 1884The Fabian Society is founded in London, England, United Kingdom.
- 1903Topsy, an elephant, is electrocuted by the owners of Luna Park, Coney Island. Thomas Edison’s movie company shoots the film Electrocuting an Elephant of the execution.
- 1974United States President Richard Nixon refuses to hand over materials subpoenaed by the Senate Watergate Committee.
- 1998A massive ice storm hits eastern Canada and the northeastern United States, continuing through January 10 and causing widespread destruction.
- 1998Wilaya of Relizane massacres in Algeria: over 170 are killed in three remote villages.
- 2010Burj Khalifa, the world’s tallest building, is officially opened.
View the complete list of January 4 historical events.
Curious about this Kiwi Whipped Cream? This is a party item you can activate and send to your friends when you play the free game Jump Birthday Party. It’s a fun and easy-to-play mobile game for all ages. Get free 1,000 gold coins when you download today!
Your birthday numbers 1, 4, and 1980 reveal that your Life Path number is 5. It represents progress, adventure and opportunity. You possess the curiosity of a cat and long to experience all of life.
The following celebrities also have the same life path number: Ryan Gosling, Alexander Beyer, Mae Murray, Philip Labonte, Roger Delgado, Marsha Mason, Paresh Rawal, James Maclurcan, Sarah Lahbati, Kevin Olusola.
The Western zodiac or sun sign of a person born on January 4 is Capricorn ♑ (The Sea-goat) – a cardinal sign with Earth as Western element. The ruling planet is Saturn – the planet of discipline. According to the ancient art of Chinese astrology (or Eastern zodiac), Sheep is the mythical animal and Earth is the Eastern element of a person born on January 4, 1980.
Garnet is the modern birthstone for the month of January while Emerald is the mystical birth stone (based on Tibetan origin). The zodiac gemstone for Capricorn is ruby. Lastly, the birthday stone for the day of the week ‘Friday’ is emerald.
Fun fact: The birth flower for 4th January 1980 is Carnation for friendship.
When it comes to love and relationship, you are most compatible with a person born on December 31, 1967. You have a Love Match compatibility score of +106. Imagine being in love with your soul mate. On the negative side, you are most incompatible with a person born on June 20, 2000. Your incompatibility score is -113. You’ll be like a cat and a dog on a love-hate relationship. Arf-arf, I want to bite you. Meow-meow, stay away from me!
Did someone send you this link? Here’s a birthday wish just for you! Don’t forget to thank the kind soul who sent you this ninja page.
TIP: Click the image above if you want to save the high quality version for posting to social media like Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest. You can also get a new random wish if you want to (the page will reload).
In a room of 23 people there’s a 50% chance of two individuals having the same birthday (month and day only and not a leap year). The chance increases to 99.9% if there are 70 people in the room. You need at least 253 people in the room if you want someone to have the same birthday as you with 50% probability. This is called the birthday paradox or birthday problem. Try it out on your classroom, office, or sports team and confirm how many people share the same birthday.
What’s your bizarre Florida Man story? The #FloridaManChallenge is breaking the Internet and social media. Some crazy men from the Sunshine State are making headlines every day of the year including your birthday. Try this fun exercise. Pick your search engine of choice and type in “florida man January 4” and see what kind of wild news headline you will get. This viral craze started in 2013 and gets resurrected now and then. The latest was from Tumblr and found its way to Twitter. As they say, the rest is history.
Fun stat: The world population in the year of your birth is 4,451,362,735. (U.S. Census Bureau)
The number-one hit song in the U.S. at the day of your birth was Please Don’t Go by KC and the Sunshine Band as compiled by Billboard Hot 100 (January 5, 1980). Ask your parents if they know this popular song.
I do not know how you feel about this, but you were a female ♀ in your last earthly incarnation. You were born somewhere around the territory of Central England approximately on 975. Your profession was jeweler, watch-maker.
Your brief psychological profile in that past life: You’re always involved with all new things. You have always loved changes, especially in art, music, cooking.
Lessons that your last past life brought to present: The world is full of ill and lonely people. You should help those, who are less fortunate than you are.
Can you remember who you were?
Base on the data published by the United Nations Population Division, an estimated 125,148,676 babies were born throughout the world in the year 1980. The estimated number of babies born on 4th January 1980 is 341,936. That’s equivalent to 237 babies every minute. Try to imagine if all of them are crying at the same time.
In the United States, the most popular baby name is Jennifer. This name was given to 58,376 baby girls. For the boys it’s Michael. This name was recorded 68,693 times in the year 1980. Any chance you are Jennifer or Michael? (Source: ssa.gov)
Here’s a quick list of all the fun birthday facts about January 4, 1980. Celebrities, famous birthdays, historical events, and past life were excluded.
- Day index: 4th day of 1980
- Day of week: Friday
- Day of week birthstone: Emerald
- Week index: 1st Friday of 1980
- Next same calendar year: 2036
- Day of week this year: Friday
- Day of week next year: Saturday
- Day of week in 2021: Monday
- Days until next birthday: 287 days
- Age on next birthday: 40 years old
- Days since birth: 14,323 days
- Days spent sleeping: 4,774 days
- Years spent sleeping: 13.07 years
- Part of life spent sleeping: 33%
- Full moons since birth: 485
- Next full moon: April 19 at 11:14:00 GMT – Friday
- First one billion seconds: Sometime on September 12, 2011
- Age in dog years: 195 dog years old using a Wirehaired Pointing Griffon breed
- Life path number and meaning: 5 – It represents progress, adventure and opportunity. You possess the curiosity of a cat and long to experience all of life.
- Western zodiac sign: Capricorn ♑ (The Sea-goat)
- Western zodiac element: Earth
- Western zodiac sign quality: Cardinal
- Western zodiac ruling planet: Saturn – the planet of discipline
- Western zodiac gemstone: Ruby
- Eastern zodiac animal: Sheep
- Eastern zodiac element: Earth
- Modern birthstone: Garnet
- Mystical birthstone: Emerald (based on Tibetan origin)
- Birth flower: Carnation for friendship
- Best compatible birthday: December 31, 1967 (+106)
- Worst compatible birthday: June 20, 2000 (-113)
- 1980 world population: 4,451,362,735
- Number one song: Please Don’t Go by KC and the Sunshine Band (January 5, 1980)
- Babies born in 1980: 125,148,676
- Babies born in 1980 every day: 341,936
- Babies born in 1980 every minute: 237
- Popular girl’s name: Jennifer – 58,376 babies
- Popular boy’s name: Michael – 68,693 babies
Try another birth date of someone you know or try the birthday of these celebrities: August 16, 1930 – Frank Gifford, American football player, sportscaster, and actor (d. 2015); October 21, 1946 – Lee Loughnane, American singer-songwriter and trumpet player (Chicago); September 9, 1905 – Joseph E. Levine, American film producer, founded Embassy Pictures (d. 1987).
Don’t forget to share the info with your friends, loved ones, or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.
Word count: 2,064