Here are some snazzy birthday facts about 22nd of May 1959 that no one tells you about. Don’t wait a minute longer and jump in using the content links below. Average read time of 11 minutes. Enjoy!
May 22, 1959 was a Friday and it was the 142nd day of the year 1959. It was the 21st Friday of that year. The next time you can reuse your old 1959 calendar will be in 2026. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a lunisolar calendar.
The day of the week of your birthday this year was Sunday. Next year it will be Monday and two years from now it will be Wednesday. You can check the calendars below if you’re planning what to do on your birthday.
There are 168 days left before your next birthday. You will be 64 years old when that day comes. There have been 23,208 days from the day you were born up to today. If you’ve been sleeping 8 hours daily since birth, then you have slept a total of 7,736 days or 21.18 years. You spent 33% of your life sleeping. Since night and day always follow each other, there were precisely 786 full moons after you were born up to this day. How many of them did you see? The next full moon that you can see will be on December 8 at 04:10:00 GMT – Thursday.
Fun stat: Your first one billion seconds (1,000,000,000) happened sometime on January 28, 1991.
If a dog named Chelsie - a Staffordshire Bull Terrier breed, was born on the same date as you then it will be 272 dog years old today. A dog’s first human year is equal to 15 dog years. Dogs age differently depending on breed and size. When you reach the age of 6 Chelsie will be 40 dog years old. From that point forward a small-sized dog like Chelsie will age 4 dog years for every human year.
Wanna share this info in social media? Make sure to take a screenshot first. Dog name and breed are randomly generated. Try reloading this page to see a new pet name and a different breed.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
You might be happy to know that the following celebrities share your birthday. The list was randomly chosen and arranged in chronological order.
- 1917Nathan Davis
- 1928Jackie Cain
- 1938Richard Benjamin
- 1942Barbara Parkins
- 1957Gary Sweet
- 1970Naomi Campbell
- 1973Donell Jones
- 1979Maggie Q
- 1980Lucy Gordon
- 1990Alexandra Dowling
View the complete list of May 22 celebrity birthdays.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Just for fun! Try your love match score with anyone. Even officemates, schoolmates, or find out the score for your parents and relatives. Don’t limit yourself – you can also pair yourself with any celebrity. It’s a FREE report. Nothing to buy!
Here’s a short list of famous people in history who were born on May 22.
- 1865Enric Morera i Viura, Spanish trumpet player, violinist, and composer (d. 1942)
- 1871Harold Nelson, English illustrator and engraver (d. 1948)
- 1896Clarence Bull, American photographer (d. 1979)
- 1935Louis Marriott, Jamaican actor, director, and screenwriter
- 1938Richard Benjamin, American actor and director
- 1948Tomás Sánchez, Cuban painter and engraver
- 1980Lucy Gordon, English model and actress (d. 2009)
- 1985Hideaki Takeda, Japanese footballer
- 1991Kyle Bartley, English footballer
- 1994Jake McGing, Australian footballer
View the complete list of May 22 famous birthdays.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Lois’ personality and get smart about names today. (Sponsored links)
These were the events that made history that coincide with your birthday.
- 1807A grand jury indicts former Vice President of the United States Aaron Burr on a charge of treason.
- 1826HMS Beagle departs on its first voyage.
- 1856Congressman Preston Brooks of South Carolina beats Senator Charles Sumner with a cane in the hall of the United States Senate for a speech Sumner had made attacking Southerners who sympathized with the pro-slavery violence in Kansas (“Bleeding Kansas”).
- 1871The U.S. Army issues an order for abandonment of Fort Kearny in Nebraska.
- 1897The Blackwall Tunnel under the River Thames is officially opened
- 1943Joseph Stalin disbands Comintern.
- 1947Cold War: In an effort to fight the spread of Communism, the U.S. President Harry S. Truman signs an act into law that will later be called the Truman Doctrine. The act grants $400 million in military and economic aid to Turkey and Greece, each battling an internal Communist movement.
- 1992Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia and Slovenia join the United Nations.
- 2002American civil rights movement: A jury in Birmingham, Alabama, convicts former Ku Klux Klan member Bobby Frank Cherry of the 1963 murders of four girls in the bombing of the 16th Street Baptist Church.
- 2012Tokyo Skytree is opened to public. It is the tallest tower in world (634 m), and the second tallest man-made structure on Earth, after Burj Khalifa (829.8 m).
View the complete list of May 22 historical events.
Curious about this Coconut? This is a party item you can activate and send to your friends when you play the free game Jump Birthday Party. It’s a fun and easy-to-play mobile game for all ages. Get free 1,000 gold coins when you download today!
Your birthday numbers 5, 22, and 1959 reveal that your Life Path number is 6. It represents justice, nurturing and responsibility. You possess great compassion and seek to be of service to others.
The following celebrities also have the same life path number: John Mellencamp, Jim Ward, Roger Glover, Maria Whittaker, Brian Bosworth, Madeleine Renaud, Edwin Richfield, Carly Smithson, Shun Shioya, Stephanie Davis.
The Western zodiac or sun sign of a person born on May 22 is Gemini ♊ (The Twins) – a mutable sign with Air as Western element. The ruling planet is Mercury – the planet of communication. According to the ancient art of Chinese astrology (or Eastern zodiac), Pig is the mythical animal and Earth is the Eastern element of a person born on May 22, 1959.
Did you know? Born on a cusp — or the borderline between two signs — describes a person whose birthday is May 22. Cuspers can be a blend of both signs. Sometimes a Gemini, sometimes a Taurus, and sometimes both! If you know your approximate time and place of birth, then no worries. You can find your “official” zodiac sign by generating a free natal chart .
Emerald is the modern birthstone for the month of May while Sapphire is the mystical birth stone (based on Tibetan origin). The zodiac gemstone for Gemini is agate. Lastly, the birthday stone for the day of the week ‘Friday’ is emerald.
Fun fact: The birth flower for 22nd May 1959 is Lily of the Valley for purity.
When it comes to love and relationship, you are most compatible with a person born on March 5, 1939. You have a Birthday Compatibility score of +126. Imagine being in love with your soul mate. On the negative side, you are most incompatible with a person born on January 7, 1974. Your score is -113. You’ll be like a cat and a dog on a love-hate relationship. Arf-arf, I want to bite you. Meow-meow, stay away from me!
Did someone send you this link? Here’s a birthday wish just for you! Don’t forget to thank the kind soul who sent you this ninja page.
TIP: Click the image above if you want to save the high quality version for posting to social media like Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest. You can also get a new random wish if you want to (the page will reload).
In a room of 23 people there’s a 50% chance of two individuals having the same birthday (month and day only and not a leap year). The chance increases to 99.9% if there are 70 people in the room. You need at least 253 people in the room if you want someone to have the same birthday as you with 50% probability. This is called the birthday paradox or birthday problem. Try it out on your classroom, office, or sports team and confirm how many people share the same birthday.
Fun stat: The world population in the year of your birth is 3,000,716,593. (U.S. Census Bureau)
The number-one hit song in the U.S. at the day of your birth was Kansas City by Wilbert Harrison as compiled by Billboard Hot 100 (May 25, 1959). Ask your parents if they know this popular song.
I do not know how you feel about this, but you were a male ♂ in your last earthly incarnation. You were born somewhere around the territory of Northern China approximately on 1700. Your profession was trainer, holder of the fine animals, birds, insects.
Your brief psychological profile in that past life: Revolutionary type. You inspired changes in any sphere — politics, business, religion, housekeeping. Could be a leader.
Lessons that your last past life brought to present: You are bound to learn to understand other people and to meet all life difficulties with joyful heart. You should help others, bringing them spirit of joy.
Can you remember who you were?
Base on the data published by the United Nations Population Division, an estimated 105,573,458 babies were born throughout the world in the year 1959. The estimated number of babies born on 22nd May 1959 is 289,242. That’s equivalent to 201 babies every minute. Try to imagine if all of them are crying at the same time.
In the United States, the most popular baby name is Mary. This name was given to 54,477 baby girls. For the boys it’s Michael. This name was recorded 85,255 times in the year 1959. Any chance you are Mary or Michael? (Source: ssa.gov)
What’s your bizarre Florida Man story? The #FloridaManChallenge is breaking the Internet and social media. Some crazy men, women, or creatures from the Sunshine State are making headlines every day of the year including your birthday. Try this fun exercise. Pick your search engine of choice and type in “florida man May 22” and see what kind of wild news headline you will get. This viral craze started in 2013 and gets resurrected now and then. The latest was from Tumblr and found its way to Twitter. As they say, the rest is history.
Your birthday in Roman numerals using DD.MM.YYYY notation is:
Here’s a quick list of all the fun birthday facts about May 22, 1959. Celebrities, famous birthdays, historical events, and past life were excluded.
- Day index: 142nd day of 1959
- Day of week: Friday
- Day of week birthstone: Emerald
- Week index: 21st Friday of 1959
- Next same calendar year: 2026
- Day of week this year: Sunday
- Day of week next year: Monday
- Day of week in 2024: Wednesday
- Days until next birthday: 168 days
- Age on next birthday: 64 years old
- Days since birth: 23,208 days
- Days spent sleeping: 7,736 days
- Years spent sleeping: 21.18 years
- Part of life spent sleeping: 33%
- Full moons since birth: 786
- Next full moon: December 8 at 04:10:00 GMT – Thursday
- First one billion seconds: Sometime on January 28, 1991
- Age in dog years: 272 dog years old using a Staffordshire Bull Terrier breed
- Life path number and meaning: 6 – It represents justice, nurturing and responsibility. You possess great compassion and seek to be of service to others.
- Western zodiac sign: Gemini ♊ (The Twins)
- Western zodiac element: Air
- Western zodiac sign quality: Mutable
- Western zodiac ruling planet: Mercury – the planet of communication
- Western zodiac gemstone: Agate
- Eastern zodiac animal: Pig
- Eastern zodiac element: Earth
- Modern birthstone: Emerald
- Mystical birthstone: Sapphire (based on Tibetan origin)
- Birth flower: Lily of the Valley for purity
- Best compatible birthday: March 5, 1939 (+126)
- Worst compatible birthday: January 7, 1974 (-113)
- 1959 world population: 3,000,716,593
- Number one song: Kansas City by Wilbert Harrison (May 25, 1959)
- Babies born in 1959: 105,573,458
- Babies born in 1959 every day: 289,242
- Babies born in 1959 every minute: 201
- Popular girl’s name: Mary – 54,477 babies
- Popular boy’s name: Michael – 85,255 babies
- Roman numerals: XXII.V.MCMLIX
Try another birth date of someone you know or try the birthday of these celebrities: May 8, 1963 – Sylvain Cossette, Canadian singer-songwriter (Paradox); May 14, 1970 – Erkan Mustafa, English actor and television presenter; April 4, 1932 – Anthony Perkins, American actor and singer (d. 1992).
Don’t forget to share the info with your friends, loved ones, or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.
Word count: 2,176