Here are some snazzy birthday facts about 8th of May 1957 that no one tells you about. Don’t wait a minute longer and jump in using the content links below. Average read time of 5 minutes. Enjoy!
May 8, 1957 was a Wednesday and it was the 128th day of the year 1957. The next time you can reuse your old 1957 calendar will be in 2019. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a lunisolar calendar.
The day of the week of your birthday this year is Monday. Next year it will be Tuesday and two years from now it will be Wednesday. You can check the calendars below if you’re planning what to do on your birthday.
There are 13 days left before your next birthday. You will be 60 years old when that day comes. There have been 21,902 days from the day you were born up to today. Since night and day always follow each other, there were exactly 742 full moons after you were born up to this day. How many of them did you see? The next full moon that you can see will be on May 10 at 21:44:00 GMT – Wednesday.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
You might be happy to know that the following celebrities share your birthday. The list was randomly chosen and arranged in chronological order.
- 1915John Archer
- 1938Corine Rottschäfer
- 1954John Michael Talbot
- 1957Marie Myriam
- 1957Rino Katase
- 1963Sylvain Cossette
- 1977Jennifer Walcott
- 1981Ayesha Antoine
- 1984Julia Whelan
- 1984Martin Compston
View the complete list of celebrity birthdays for May 8.
Here’s a short list of famous people in history who were born on May 8.
- 1825George Bruce Malleson, English-Indian colonel and author (d. 1898)
- 1920Gordon McClymont, Australian ecologist and academic (d. 2000)
- 1927László Paskai, Hungarian cardinal (d. 2015)
- 1937Bernard Cleary, Canadian journalist, academic, and politician
- 1943Paul Samwell-Smith, English bass player and producer (The Yardbirds and Box of Frogs)
- 1951Chris Frantz, American drummer and producer (Talking Heads and Tom Tom Club)
- 1958Roddy Doyle, Irish author, playwright, and screenwriter
- 1977Bad News Brown, Canadian rapper, harmonica player, and actor (d. 2011)
- 1980Benny Yau, Hong Kong-Canadian actor and singer
- 1983Matt Willis, English singer-songwriter, musician, and actor (Busted and McBusted)
View the complete list of famous birthdays for May 8.
These were the events that made history that coincide with your birthday.
- 1541Hernando de Soto reaches the Mississippi River and names it Río de Espíritu Santo.
- 1886Pharmacist John Pemberton first sells a carbonated beverage named “Coca-Cola” as a patent medicine.
- 1919Edward George Honey proposes the idea of a moment of silence to commemorate the Armistice of World War I.
- 1933Mohandas Gandhi begins a 21-day fast of self-purification and launched a one-year campaign to help the Harijan movement.
- 1946Estonian school girls Aili Jõgi and Ageeda Paavel blow up the Soviet memorial which stood in front of the Bronze Soldier of Tallinn.
- 1967The Philippine province of Davao is split into three: Davao del Norte, Davao del Sur, and Davao Oriental.
- 1972Four Black September terrorists hijack Sabena Flight 571. Israeli Sayeret Matkal commandos recapture the plane the following day.
- 1973A 71-day standoff between federal authorities and the American Indian Movement members occupying the Pine Ridge Reservation at Wounded Knee, South Dakota ends with the surrender of the militants.
- 1984The Thames Barrier is officially opened.
- 1987The Loughgall ambush: The SAS kills eight Provisional Irish Republican Army volunteers and a civilian during an ambush in Loughgall, Northern Ireland.
View the complete list of historical events for May 8.
Curious about this Terrific Purple Sprinkle? This is a party item you can activate and send to your friends when you play the free game Jump Birthday Party. It’s a fun and easy-to-play mobile game for all ages. Get free 1,000 gold coins when you download today!
Your birthday numbers 5, 8 and 1957 reveal that your Life Path number is 8. It represents experience, authority and endeavour. You are gifted with natural leadership and the capacity to accumulate great wealth.
The following celebrities also have the same life path number: Mehcad Brooks, Gorden Kaye, Gary Lightbody, Gary Busey, Jocie Kwok, Jon Farriss, Aristide Bruant, Arnold Peters, Nick Cave, Nico Liersch.
The zodiac sign of a person born on May 8 is Taurus ♉. According to the ancient art of Chinese astrology (or Chinese zodiac), Rooster is the mythical animal and Fire is the element of a person born on May 8, 1957.
Emerald is the modern birthstone for the month of May while Sapphire is the mystical birth stone (based on Tibetan origin). The zodiac gemstone for Taurus is sapphire. Lastly, the birthday stone for the day of the week ‘Wednesday’ is amethyst.
Try another birth date of someone you know or try the birthday of these celebrities: July 6, 1953 – Nanci Griffith, American singer-songwriter and guitarist; June 29, 1947 – Richard Lewis, American actor and screenwriter; May 17, 1991 – Daniel Curtis Lee, American actor and rapper.
Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.
Word count: 907