Here are some snazzy birthday facts about 17th of October 1971 that no one tells you about. Don’t wait a minute longer and jump in using the content links below. Average read time of 11 minutes. Enjoy!
October 17, 1971 was a Sunday and it was the 290th day of the year 1971. It was the 42nd Sunday of that year. The next time you can reuse your old 1971 calendar will be in 2027. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a lunisolar calendar.
The day of the week of your birthday this year was Monday. Next year it will be Tuesday and two years from now it will be Thursday. You can check the calendars below if you’re planning what to do on your birthday.
There are 323 days left before your next birthday. You will be 52 years old when that day comes. There have been 18,670 days from the day you were born up to today. If you’ve been sleeping 8 hours daily since birth, then you have slept a total of 6,223 days or 17.04 years. You spent 33% of your life sleeping. Since night and day always follow each other, there were precisely 632 full moons after you were born up to this day. How many of them did you see? The next full moon that you can see will be on December 8 at 04:10:00 GMT – Thursday.
Fun stat: Your first one billion seconds (1,000,000,000) happened sometime on June 25, 2003.
If a dog named Noah - a Airedale Terrier breed, was born on the same date as you then it will be 249 dog years old today. A dog’s first human year is equal to 15 dog years. Dogs age differently depending on breed and size. When you reach the age of 6 Noah will be 42 dog years old. From that point forward a medium-sized dog like Noah will age 4.5 dog years for every human year.
Wanna share this info in social media? Make sure to take a screenshot first. Dog name and breed are randomly generated. Try reloading this page to see a new pet name and a different breed.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
You might be happy to know that the following celebrities share your birthday. The list was randomly chosen and arranged in chronological order.
- 1912Jack Owens
- 1921Tom Poston
- 1941Earl Thomas Conley
- 1957Lawrence Bender
- 1958Alan Jackson
- 1972Sharon Leal
- 1974John Rocker
- 1977Alimi Ballard
- 1985Baran Kosari
- 1992Nanami Sakuraba
View the complete list of October 17 celebrity birthdays.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Just for fun! Try your love match score with anyone. Even officemates, schoolmates, or find out the score for your parents and relatives. Don’t limit yourself – you can also pair yourself with any celebrity. It’s a FREE report. Nothing to buy!
Here’s a short list of famous people in history who were born on Oct 17.
- 1720Maria Teresa Agnesi Pinottini, Italian harpsichord player and composer (d. 1795)
- 1810Adolphe-Félix Cals, French painter (d. 1880)
- 1938Les Murray, Australian anthologist, poet, and critic
- 1949Owen Arthur, Barbadian economist and politician, 5th Prime Minister of Barbados
- 1963Toby Young, English journalist and academic
- 1968Ziggy Marley, Jamaican singer-songwriter, guitarist, and voice actor (Ziggy Marley and the Melody Makers)
- 1970Shauna O'Brien, American model and actress
- 1978Erin Karpluk, Canadian actress
- 1986Aija Brumermane, Latvian basketball player
- 1990Patrick Lambie, South African rugby player
View the complete list of October 17 famous birthdays.
Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters OPXHVAUTEBI? Check your answers here: Word scramble OPXHVAUTEBI. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
These were the events that made history that coincide with your birthday.
- 1091London tornado of 1091: A tornado thought to be of strength T8/F4 strikes the heart of London.
- 1346Battle of Neville’s Cross: King David II of Scotland is captured by the English near Durham, and imprisoned in the Tower of London for eleven years.
- 1456The University of Greifswald is established, making it the second oldest university in northern Europe (also for a period the oldest in Sweden, and Prussia).
- 1604Kepler’s Supernova: German astronomer Johannes Kepler observes a supernova in the constellation Ophiuchus.
- 1610French king Louis XIII is crowned in Reims Cathedral.
- 1861Nineteen people are killed in the Cullin-la-ringo massacre, the deadliest massacre of Europeans by aborigines in Australian history.
- 1919RCA is incorporated as the Radio Corporation of America.
- 1945A massive number of people, headed by CGT, gather in the Plaza de Mayo in Buenos Aires, Argentina to demand Juan Perón’s release. It calls “el día de la lealtad peronista” (peronista loyalty day)
- 2001Israeli tourism minister Rehavam Ze'evi becomes the first Israeli minister to be assassinated in a terrorist attack.
- 2003The pinnacle is fitted on the roof of Taipei 101, a 101-floor skyscraper in Taipei, allowing it to surpass the Petronas Twin Towers in Kuala Lumpur by 56 m and become the world’s tallest highrise.
View the complete list of October 17 historical events.
Curious about this Passion Fruit Butter Ball? This is a party item you can activate and send to your friends when you play the free game Jump Birthday Party. It’s a fun and easy-to-play mobile game for all ages. Get free 1,000 gold coins when you download today!
Your birthday numbers 10, 17, and 1971 reveal that your Life Path number is 9. It represents selflessness, forgiveness and creativity. You are the philanthropist, humanitarian, socially conscious, and are deeply concerned about the state of the world.
The following celebrities also have the same life path number: Henrik Sandberg, Bruce Timm, Roman Gabriel, Dario Vittori, Charlie Wernham, Sōichirō Hoshi, Sylvester, Emi Suzuki, Jenny Lind, Zarganar.
The Western zodiac or sun sign of a person born on October 17 is Libra ♎ (The Scales) – a cardinal sign with Air as Western element. The ruling planet is Venus – the planet of love and beauty. According to the ancient art of Chinese astrology (or Eastern zodiac), Pig is the mythical animal and Metal is the Eastern element of a person born on October 17, 1971.
Opal is the modern birthstone for the month of October while Jasper is the mystical birth stone (based on Tibetan origin). The zodiac gemstone for Libra is chrysolite. Lastly, the birthday stone for the day of the week ‘Sunday’ is topaz.
Fun fact: The birth flower for 17th October 1971 is Cosmos for constancy.
When it comes to love and relationship, you are most compatible with a person born on January 19, 1974. You have a Birthday Compatibility score of +155. Imagine being in love with your soul mate. On the negative side, you are most incompatible with a person born on August 30, 1964. Your score is -126. You’ll be like a cat and a dog on a love-hate relationship. Arf-arf, I want to bite you. Meow-meow, stay away from me!
Did someone send you this link? Here’s a birthday wish just for you! Don’t forget to thank the kind soul who sent you this ninja page.
TIP: Click the image above if you want to save the high quality version for posting to social media like Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest. You can also get a new random wish if you want to (the page will reload).
In a room of 23 people there’s a 50% chance of two individuals having the same birthday (month and day only and not a leap year). The chance increases to 99.9% if there are 70 people in the room. You need at least 253 people in the room if you want someone to have the same birthday as you with 50% probability. This is called the birthday paradox or birthday problem. Try it out on your classroom, office, or sports team and confirm how many people share the same birthday.
Fun stat: The world population in the year of your birth is 3,790,326,948. (U.S. Census Bureau)
The number-one hit song in the U.S. at the day of your birth was Maggie May / Reason to Believe by Rod Stewart as compiled by Billboard Hot 100 (October 23, 1971). Ask your parents if they know this popular song.
I do not know how you feel about this, but you were a female ♀ in your last earthly incarnation. You were born somewhere around the territory of Southern Australia approximately on 1600. Your profession was builder of roads, bridges, docks.
Your brief psychological profile in that past life: You are a person with huge energy, good in planning and supervising. If you were just garbage-man, you were chief garbage-man.
Lessons that your last past life brought to present: Your lesson – to learn humility and faith in spiritual principles. You should believe in High Reason.
Can you remember who you were?
Base on the data published by the United Nations Population Division, an estimated 121,818,445 babies were born throughout the world in the year 1971. The estimated number of babies born on 17th October 1971 is 333,749. That’s equivalent to 232 babies every minute. Try to imagine if all of them are crying at the same time.
In the United States, the most popular baby name is Jennifer. This name was given to 56,784 baby girls. For the boys it’s Michael. This name was recorded 77,591 times in the year 1971. Any chance you are Jennifer or Michael? (Source: ssa.gov)
What’s your bizarre Florida Man story? The #FloridaManChallenge is breaking the Internet and social media. Some crazy men, women, or creatures from the Sunshine State are making headlines every day of the year including your birthday. Try this fun exercise. Pick your search engine of choice and type in “florida man October 17” and see what kind of wild news headline you will get. This viral craze started in 2013 and gets resurrected now and then. The latest was from Tumblr and found its way to Twitter. As they say, the rest is history.
Your birthday in Roman numerals using DD.MM.YYYY notation is:
Here’s a quick list of all the fun birthday facts about October 17, 1971. Celebrities, famous birthdays, historical events, and past life were excluded.
- Day index: 290th day of 1971
- Day of week: Sunday
- Day of week birthstone: Topaz
- Week index: 42nd Sunday of 1971
- Next same calendar year: 2027
- Day of week this year: Monday
- Day of week next year: Tuesday
- Day of week in 2024: Thursday
- Days until next birthday: 323 days
- Age on next birthday: 52 years old
- Days since birth: 18,670 days
- Days spent sleeping: 6,223 days
- Years spent sleeping: 17.04 years
- Part of life spent sleeping: 33%
- Full moons since birth: 632
- Next full moon: December 8 at 04:10:00 GMT – Thursday
- First one billion seconds: Sometime on June 25, 2003
- Age in dog years: 249 dog years old using a Airedale Terrier breed
- Life path number and meaning: 9 – It represents selflessness, forgiveness and creativity. You are the philanthropist, humanitarian, socially conscious, and are deeply concerned about the state of the world.
- Western zodiac sign: Libra ♎ (The Scales)
- Western zodiac element: Air
- Western zodiac sign quality: Cardinal
- Western zodiac ruling planet: Venus – the planet of love and beauty
- Western zodiac gemstone: Chrysolite
- Eastern zodiac animal: Pig
- Eastern zodiac element: Metal
- Modern birthstone: Opal
- Mystical birthstone: Jasper (based on Tibetan origin)
- Birth flower: Cosmos for constancy
- Best compatible birthday: January 19, 1974 (+155)
- Worst compatible birthday: August 30, 1964 (-126)
- 1971 world population: 3,790,326,948
- Number one song: Maggie May / Reason to Believe by Rod Stewart (October 23, 1971)
- Babies born in 1971: 121,818,445
- Babies born in 1971 every day: 333,749
- Babies born in 1971 every minute: 232
- Popular girl’s name: Jennifer – 56,784 babies
- Popular boy’s name: Michael – 77,591 babies
- Roman numerals: XVII.X.MCMLXXI
Try another birth date of someone you know or try the birthday of these celebrities: January 18, 1953 – Brett Hudson, American singer-songwriter and producer (Hudson Brothers); March 16, 1942 – Jerry Jeff Walker, American singer-songwriter and guitarist (Lost Gonzo Band); July 7, 1998 – Dylan Sprayberry, American actor.
Don’t forget to share the info with your friends, loved ones, or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.
Word count: 2,146