Here are some snazzy birthday facts about 8th of October 1950 that no one tells you about. Don’t wait a minute longer and jump in using the content links below. Average read time of 10 minutes. Enjoy!
October 8, 1950 was a Sunday and it was the 281st day of the year 1950. It was the 41st Sunday of that year. The next time you can reuse your old 1950 calendar will be in 2023. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a lunisolar calendar.
The day of the week of your birthday this year is Friday. Next year it will be Saturday and two years from now it will be Sunday. You can check the calendars below if you’re planning what to do on your birthday.
There are 11 days left before your next birthday. You will be 71 years old when that day comes. There have been 25,922 days from the day you were born up to today. If you’ve been sleeping 8 hours daily since birth, then you have slept a total of 8,641 days or 23.66 years. You spent 33% of your life sleeping. Since night and day always follow each other, there were precisely 878 full moons after you were born up to this day. How many of them did you see? The next full moon that you can see will be on October 20 at 14:58:00 GMT – Wednesday.
Fun stat: Your first one billion seconds (1,000,000,000) happened sometime on June 16, 1982.
If a dog named Oddie - a American Water Spaniel breed, was born on the same date as you then it will be 335 dog years old today. A dog’s first human year is equal to 15 dog years. Dogs age differently depending on breed and size. When you reach the age of 6 Oddie will be 42 dog years old. From that point forward a medium-sized dog like Oddie will age 4.5 dog years for every human year.
Wanna share this info in social media? Make sure to take a screenshot first. Dog name and breed are randomly generated. Try reloading this page to see a new pet name and a different breed.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
You might be happy to know that the following celebrities share your birthday. The list was randomly chosen and arranged in chronological order.
- 1883Dick Burnett
- 1910Paulette Dubost
- 1922Herbert B. Leonard
- 1940Paul Hogan
- 1955Darrell Hammond
- 1959Nick Bakay
- 1973Jim Fairchild
- 1980The Miz
- 1981Ryuji Sainei
- 1987Ksenia Solo
View the complete list of October 8 celebrity birthdays.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Just for fun! Try your love match score with anyone. Even officemates, schoolmates, or find out the score for your parents and relatives. Don’t limit yourself – you can also pair yourself with any celebrity. It’s a FREE report. Nothing to buy!
Here’s a short list of famous people in history who were born on Oct 8.
- 1903Georgy Geshev, Bulgarian chess player (d. 1937)
- 1918Jens Christian Skou, Danish chemist and physiologist, Nobel Prize laureate
- 1928M. Russell Ballard, American lieutenant and religious leader
- 1931Bill Brown, Scottish-Canadian footballer (d. 2004)
- 1946Hanan Ashrawi, Palestinian scholar, activist, and politician
- 1946Jean-Jacques Beineix, French director and producer
- 1956Janice E. Voss, American engineer and astronaut (d. 2012)
- 1959Peter Horrocks, English journalist and producer
- 1962Chen Xiaoxia, Chinese diver
- 1968Ali Benarbia, Algerian footballer
View the complete list of October 8 famous birthdays.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Rachel’s personality and get smart about names today. (Sponsored links)
These were the events that made history that coincide with your birthday.
- 314Roman Emperor Licinius is defeated by his colleague Constantine I at the Battle of Cibalae, and loses his European territories.
- 1821The government of general José de San Martín establishes the Peruvian Navy.
- 1856The Second Opium War between several western powers and China begins with the Arrow Incident on the Pearl River.
- 1871Four major fires break out on the shores of Lake Michigan in Chicago, Peshtigo, Wisconsin, Holland, Michigan, and Manistee, Michigan including the Great Chicago Fire, and the much deadlier Peshtigo Fire.
- 1968Vietnam War: Operation Sealords: United States and South Vietnamese forces launch a new operation in the Mekong Delta.
- 1973Greek military junta of 1967–74: Junta strongman George Papadopoulos appoints Spyros Markezinis as Prime Minister of Greece with the task to lead Greece to parliamentary rule.
- 1974Franklin National Bank collapses due to fraud and mismanagement; at the time it is the largest bank failure in the history of the United States.
- 1978Australia’s Ken Warby sets the current world water speed record of 317.60 mph at Blowering Dam, Australia.
- 1991Croatia votes to sever constitutional relations with Yugoslavia, rendering the country fully independent.
- 2001A twin engine Cessna and Scandinavian Airlines System (SAS) jetliner collide in heavy fog during takeoff from Milan, Italy, killing 118 people.
View the complete list of October 8 historical events.
Curious about this Terrene Delight? This is a party item you can activate and send to your friends when you play the free game Jump Birthday Party. It’s a fun and easy-to-play mobile game for all ages. Get free 1,000 gold coins when you download today!
Your birthday numbers 10, 8, and 1950 reveal that your Life Path number is 6. It represents justice, nurturing and responsibility. You possess great compassion and seek to be of service to others.
The following celebrities also have the same life path number: Lalla Carlsen, Roman Tam, Judie Aronson, Pete Brown, Sara Jean Underwood, Alicja Janosz, Uku Suviste, Robert Drew, Tony Holiday, Greg Tribbett.
The Western zodiac or sun sign of a person born on October 8 is Libra ♎ (The Scales) – a cardinal sign with Air as Western element. The ruling planet is Venus – the planet of love and beauty. According to the ancient art of Chinese astrology (or Eastern zodiac), Tiger is the mythical animal and Metal is the Eastern element of a person born on October 8, 1950.
Opal is the modern birthstone for the month of October while Jasper is the mystical birth stone (based on Tibetan origin). The zodiac gemstone for Libra is chrysolite. Lastly, the birthday stone for the day of the week ‘Sunday’ is topaz.
Fun fact: The birth flower for 8th October 1950 is Cosmos for constancy.
When it comes to love and relationship, you are most compatible with a person born on January 23, 1947. You have a Birthday Compatibility score of +151. Imagine being in love with your soul mate. On the negative side, you are most incompatible with a person born on January 4, 1931. Your score is -142. You’ll be like a cat and a dog on a love-hate relationship. Arf-arf, I want to bite you. Meow-meow, stay away from me!
Did someone send you this link? Here’s a birthday wish just for you! Don’t forget to thank the kind soul who sent you this ninja page.
TIP: Click the image above if you want to save the high quality version for posting to social media like Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest. You can also get a new random wish if you want to (the page will reload).
Q: What do you call a person who shares the same birthday?
A: Birthday twins – easy!
Fun stat: The world population in the year of your birth is 2,557,628,654. (U.S. Census Bureau)
I do not know how you feel about this, but you were a female ♀ in your last earthly incarnation. You were born somewhere around the territory of Yukon approximately on 1875. Your profession was map maker, astrologer, astronomer.
Your brief psychological profile in that past life: Timid, constrained, quiet person. You had creative talents, waited until that life to be liberated. Sometimes environment considered you strange.
Lessons that your last past life brought to present: It always seemed to you, that your perceptions of the world are somewhat different. Your lesson – to trust your intuition as your best guide in present life.
Can you remember who you were?
Base on the data published by the United Nations Population Division, an estimated 97,399,411 babies were born throughout the world in the year 1950. The estimated number of babies born on 8th October 1950 is 266,848. That’s equivalent to 185 babies every minute. Try to imagine if all of them are crying at the same time.
In the United States, the most popular baby name is Linda. This name was given to 80,432 baby girls. For the boys it’s James. This name was recorded 86,239 times in the year 1950. Any chance you are Linda or James? (Source: ssa.gov)
What’s your bizarre Florida Man story? The #FloridaManChallenge is breaking the Internet and social media. Some crazy men, women, or creatures from the Sunshine State are making headlines every day of the year including your birthday. Try this fun exercise. Pick your search engine of choice and type in “florida man October 8” and see what kind of wild news headline you will get. This viral craze started in 2013 and gets resurrected now and then. The latest was from Tumblr and found its way to Twitter. As they say, the rest is history.
Your birthday in Roman numerals using DD.MM.YYYY notation is:
Here’s a quick list of all the fun birthday facts about October 8, 1950. Celebrities, famous birthdays, historical events, and past life were excluded.
- Day index: 281st day of 1950
- Day of week: Sunday
- Day of week birthstone: Topaz
- Week index: 41st Sunday of 1950
- Next same calendar year: 2023
- Day of week this year: Friday
- Day of week next year: Saturday
- Day of week in 2023: Sunday
- Days until next birthday: 11 days
- Age on next birthday: 71 years old
- Days since birth: 25,922 days
- Days spent sleeping: 8,641 days
- Years spent sleeping: 23.66 years
- Part of life spent sleeping: 33%
- Full moons since birth: 878
- Next full moon: October 20 at 14:58:00 GMT – Wednesday
- First one billion seconds: Sometime on June 16, 1982
- Age in dog years: 335 dog years old using a American Water Spaniel breed
- Life path number and meaning: 6 – It represents justice, nurturing and responsibility. You possess great compassion and seek to be of service to others.
- Western zodiac sign: Libra ♎ (The Scales)
- Western zodiac element: Air
- Western zodiac sign quality: Cardinal
- Western zodiac ruling planet: Venus – the planet of love and beauty
- Western zodiac gemstone: Chrysolite
- Eastern zodiac animal: Tiger
- Eastern zodiac element: Metal
- Modern birthstone: Opal
- Mystical birthstone: Jasper (based on Tibetan origin)
- Birth flower: Cosmos for constancy
- Best compatible birthday: January 23, 1947 (+151)
- Worst compatible birthday: January 4, 1931 (-142)
- 1950 world population: 2,557,628,654
- Babies born in 1950: 97,399,411
- Babies born in 1950 every day: 266,848
- Babies born in 1950 every minute: 185
- Popular girl’s name: Linda – 80,432 babies
- Popular boy’s name: James – 86,239 babies
- Roman numerals: VIII.X.MCML
Try another birth date of someone you know or try the birthday of these celebrities: August 25, 1969 – Rachel Shelley, English model and actress; July 23, 1921 – Calvert DeForest, American actor (d. 2007); March 17, 1970 – Gene Ween, American singer-songwriter and guitarist (Ween).
Don’t forget to share the info with your friends, loved ones, or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.
Word count: 1,989